Become a Patron!

Late Night in DIYland, take II

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
do a search for fat daddy vapes on ebay.. he carries the chi hookup..
That is odd. I'd go with the magnet or spring. Have you checked out any of the forums on Fasttech?

That is for the normal clone, the one without the insulator. I see no way to take this one apart at all. The button just spins independent of the pin.

If any of ya have a k-100, that is the kind of switch this is.

It's one of the earlier clones...that switch I have has little to do with a Chi-You. It's probably just junk, but it was free junk so I can't bitch. I just figured someone might have a fix. ;-)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was holding my k100 so i looked. Tiny c clip holds stem.

Hmm, irony..the switch from the K100 actually screws on this mod, but isn't long enough to fire it. :D

Yeah, this is an enclosed switch, not open like the K100, so I was wrong there.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
That is for the normal clone, the one without the insulator. I see no way to take this one apart at all. The button just spins independent of the pin.

If any of ya have a k-100, that is the kind of switch this is.

It's one of the earlier clones...that switch I have has little to do with a Chi-You. It's probably just junk, but it was free junk so I can't bitch. I just figured someone might have a fix. ;-)

look around at what he carries, you might be able to piece something together..

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
look around at what he carries, you might be able to piece something together..

Thanks, I'm pretty sure this is just cheap press-fit stuff. Not chi-you like at all.

I don't really need it so I'm not gonna worry about it. I do kinda like the atty though.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Aw dude, you win.
Go, Rocket Puppy, Goooooooo! ;)

tumblr_me9wgiHeuL1rsqo6ro1_1280.gif

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yea CaFF - I'll be using that as my next avatar.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey, I meant to mention that's the perfect avatar for you! But I still miss Bill the Duck.

Carry on late-nighters; I'm the early bird instead of a night owl.
Night night.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not all clones are created equal and their parts are not interchangeable unfortunately.
I found this out the hard way, mine was not won.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Where's that flying Puppy? Rocket, I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for all you've done around here. You've re-created some wonderful threads, which also introduced us to new friends. Not to mention your research in all the lists you've made. You're a smart cookie and a ton of fun.

So thanks, Rocket. You're a doll.

Agree. I find myself referencing your lists.

I was going to say smart ass. :p. Haha

Cookies are good too!

vaping one day at a time

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So I'm back at work after 4 days off. I realize how much I hate working at this place. I like what I do, just not this company.

End rant. Thanks!

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I'm back at work after 4 days off. I realize how much I hate working at this place. I like what I do, just not this company.

End rant. Thanks!

You can keep ranting. I go back to school next week. I'll be a wreck, so everyone...prepare for rants like you've never seen. I get to meet 180 teenagers with whom I'll be spending the next 10 months. Ug

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Goodness girl!

It seems to me that only last week we were looking forward to school being out for you in a few days. You guys sure have a short summer out there.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Aw damn Rocket. Yeah I have less room to complain, lol. Wow.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Aw damn Rocket. Yeah I have less room to complain, lol. Wow.

Omg NO NO!!! Please complain. It's all relative. I couldn't do anyone else's job. I just like to complain. Don't get me wrong. I adore teaching, but it's still a job.

And yes Rowdy. If last week was June 1st, then I've only had a week's vacation. =( feels like it.

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Omg NO NO!!! Please complain. It's all relative. I couldn't do anyone else's job. I just like to complain. Don't get me wrong. I adore teaching, but it's still a job.

And yes Rowdy. If last week was June 1st, then I've only had a week's vacation. =( feels like it.

RPjr - Remember one thing as you go to your "job". Your endeavors will have a lasting effect on many people as well as this world for the next 50 - 60 years. I was fortunate enough to have an English Teacher (second time for me to take 10th grade English) that cared about me. I was a lazy ass goof off that was kinda the class clown. She was a WWII veteran. One frustrating day, she physically grabbed me, drug me into the hall, threw me against the lockers forcefully, got right in my face and said quite loudly "Damn it Mike, the sin of it is is that you can do better!!!", and walked away...

That is still with me today and has had a lasting (pure, powerful and positive) influence on the rest of my life. I'll be 70 in January, and I still feel that woman's breath and love. She made one hell of a difference in my life!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
RPjr - Remember one thing as you go to your "job". Your endeavors will have a lasting effect on many people as well as this world for the next 50 - 60 years. I was fortunate enough to have an English Teacher (second time for me to take 10th grade English) that cared about me. I was a lazy ass goof off that was kinda the class clown. She was a WWII veteran. One frustrating day, she physically grabbed me, drug me into the hall, threw me against the lockers forcefully, got right in my face and said quite loudly "Damn it Mike, the sin of it is is that you can do better!!!", and walked away...

That is still with me today and has had a lasting (pure, powerful and positive) influence on the rest of my life. I'll be 70 in January, and I still feel that woman's breath and love. She made one hell of a difference in my life!
If only I wouldn't be fired...

I wish I had a teacher like that. I was a terrible student, which is probably what makes me a good teacher. Lol

Thank you RP Sr for the reminder above =)

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If only I wouldn't be fired...

I wish I had a teacher like that. I was a terrible student, which is probably what makes me a good teacher. Lol

Thank you RP Sr for the reminder above =)

I hope I did not sound like I was preaching...

You have a huge influence (pure, powerful & positive) on us members of this forum. We notice when you haven't been heard from around here for a few hours. Your research has provided many easy solutions to many of us! Your wit makes us all smile... I'm glad I know you!

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lol Glassgrl, my boyfriend's last dog also smelled like corn chips. Wth is that about?
The answer to this is that dog food by & large contains a lot of corn, as such there's a processed corn odor to their skin. Finding a food without corn in it will limit the smell, but you may end up with a less appetizing odor. [this was explained to me by several different vets, and similar issues happen with cats put on a gluten free high protein diet, they end up smelling like salmon or duck]

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hear hear. Ditto. True dat. And what he said.

You have a huge influence (pure, powerful & positive) on us members of this forum. We notice when you haven't been heard from around here for a few hours. Your research has provided many easy solutions to many of us! Your wit makes us all smile... I'm glad I know you!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Didn't think you were preaching at all.
I'm glad I know you, too.
Ya'll need to stop the compliments. I'm going to start thinking I'm better than sliced bread.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The answer to this is that dog food by & large contains a lot of corn, as such there's a processed corn odor to their skin. Finding a food without corn in it will limit the smell, but you may end up with a less appetizing odor. [this was explained to me by several different vets, and similar issues happen with cats put on a gluten free high protein diet, they end up smelling like salmon or duck]
Hmmm...good thing I'm not feeding my furry babies ice cream. I wouldn't want to be around them when I need an ice cream fix. I wonder if that means I smell like ice cream. I'll have to include it in every meal. Then I could stop using soap.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
have you ever donated to http://www.locksoflove.org/donate.html? if not, please consider it. you'll have to wait til you have at least 10 inches to cut. like you, my hair grows very fast too. i have donated 4 times over the years. :)
For those who don't always get 10" of growth donate to: http://www.childrenwithhairloss.us/donate-your-hair/ - they take any hair, in good condition over 8" in length, even gray, permed and color treated hair. If its not usable for a wig directly, they sell the hair, to raise funds for making the wigs. They also do not require any sort of payment from those receiving the wigs. Locks of Love may require the recipient's family to pay for the wig out of pocket. [learned that after a friend's 16yr old daughter applied for a locks of love wig, they were approved, then told it would be almost $5,000 for a wig for her, which they didn't have].

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For those who don't always get 10" of growth donate to: http://www.childrenwithhairloss.us/donate-your-hair/ - they take any hair, in good condition over 8" in length, even gray, permed and color treated hair. If its not usable for a wig directly, they sell the hair, to raise funds for making the wigs. They also do not require any sort of payment from those receiving the wigs. Locks of Love may require the recipient's family to pay for the wig out of pocket. [learned that after a friend's 16yr old daughter applied for a locks of love wig, they were approved, then told it would be almost $5,000 for a wig for her, which they didn't have].
Thanks Frawg! I'll check them out before my next cut. Much appreciated.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's the thing, usually I tear down any mod I get..completely.

You can't take the switch apart on this, it seems. IDK....it isn't like the panzer or sentinel where ya can just hold the pin and tighten the button. it just spins.
This is the primary reason I won't buy one. They're gorgeous and would go well with the rest of the Chinese themed mods we're collecting.
The switch is crap from what I've seen of them. I've heard there is a clone version out with a switch that can be disassembled, but I've not seen them.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

<<<Her Royal Itchyscratchybutt has been gluten free for years. I'm just really happy she doesn't smell like a chicken. lol

RP, seriously, you're much better than sliced bread! Less carbs. ;) I can't believe you have to go back to work already. That wasn't much of a break.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of flavors. I've been tinkering at the shop this week. I fixed my custard mix. So far so good, going to give it more time to steep before I decide this is the final version.

And I had a pie blend I've been working on for a couple months, versions 1 & 2 were vapeable but not right. Version 3 is what I'm on now and so far I'm really liking this version. Its the first chocolate vape I've found that doesn't taste burnt after a few hits.

I also made a special request for my boyfriend, two custom flavors actually. And I have an apple cider I've made for myself that needs...something but I'm not sure what exactly. Nothing complex, but it needs more cider-y flavor and less bright apple juice flavor.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Speaking of flavors. I've been tinkering at the shop this week. I fixed my custard mix. So far so good, going to give it more time to steep before I decide this is the final version.

And I had a pie blend I've been working on for a couple months, versions 1 & 2 were vapeable but not right. Version 3 is what I'm on now and so far I'm really liking this version. Its the first chocolate vape I've found that doesn't taste burnt after a few hits.

I also made a special request for my boyfriend, two custom flavors actually. And I have an apple cider I've made for myself that needs...something but I'm not sure what exactly. Nothing complex, but it needs more cider-y flavor and less bright apple juice flavor.

Hey Frawg, HIC used FA Oakwood with apple for that effect.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
<<<Her Royal Itchyscratchybutt has been gluten free for years. I'm just really happy she doesn't smell like a chicken. lol

RP, seriously, you're much better than sliced bread! Less carbs. ;) I can't believe you have to go back to work already. That wasn't much of a break.
I know =( I'm sad.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Royal Itchyscratchybutt

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's strange. Ever since I started hanging around the DIY crowd I've been noticing how food and drink flavors interact with each other. Doesn't mean I have any idea what to do with it but I notice it now.
@flowerpots put together a great list of what flavors pair well with one another HERE.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started reading it but started getting hungry.

Btw. How did you do the 'here' with a link in it?

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think I need pics for this. hmmm...let me see how to do this

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just write HERE.

Then I left click it and hit ^ that paperclip thingy.

I go to the site I want it to link to and copy/paste it into the thingamagig that the paperclip thingy asks for

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-07-27 at 11.27.44 PM.png
    Screen shot 2014-07-27 at 11.27.44 PM.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen shot 2014-07-27 at 11.27.28 PM.png
    Screen shot 2014-07-27 at 11.27.28 PM.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 3

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did that make any sense? Ok. It will have to do. Sleepy time.

Reactions: Ace

VU Sponsors