Late Night in DIYland, take II

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Girls? Seems like more than half of those are guys, and I <3 ya RP Sr., but I haven't been a girl since I was a kid. =)

I chose that word with care. Ladies sounded too "old", Women sounded to "sexist."

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone heard of the tobacco Huckabee and Heinz? It's apparently a British brand.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Shoes? I never owned a second pair of shoes until I joined the Navy at age 19... Get a new pair and throw the old ones in the trash. Wear the new ones right out of the store...

New cloths? I grew up thinking "irregular" was a brand name...

This b true!!!

I wore a uniform to school from kindergarten to 5th grade. Prob why now if I find a certain style of shirts or shorts I like or fit well - I'll get a couple of the same. This way I don't have to Think too much when I get dressed lol!

I had school shoes , plays shoes, dress shoes. After our sneakers wore out we threw them up on the wires in the streets. I grew up in northern NJ.

RPsr where were you stationed?

Reminds me of my partners father. Hes 82 now. When in navy he stopped in Chelsea, MA navy yard for leave. Went to a dance and meet his wife. :)

vaping one day at a time

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wore a uniform to school from kindergarten to 5th grade. Prob why now if I find a certain style of shirts or shorts I like or fit well - I'll get a couple of the same. This way I don't have to Think too much when I get dressed lol!

I had school shoes , plays shoes, dress shoes. After our sneakers wore out we threw them up on the wires in the streets. I grew up in northern NJ.

RPsr where were you stationed?

Reminds me of my partners father. Hes 82 now. When in navy he stopped in Chelsea, MA navy yard for leave. Went to a dance and meet his wife. :)

vaping one day at a time

I spent my time (64 - 73) either in Norfolk, Va., or the Mediterranean...Most of that time was aboard a guided missile destroyer.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Happy birthday CaFF!
Enjoy the brew abd food
Thanks, I shall.
drinking-8.gif

I decided not to hit the restaranut bar, it's kinda lame and will be crowded.

Doing this instead: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/vape-land-night-randomness.4486/page-17#post-51402

It's the members in order of how much they post. You're right under VJ. lol. If you click on members, it'll pop up.

Yep, sure will.....
mini-wink-glasses.gif

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I spent my time (64 - 73) either in Norfolk, Va., or the Mediterranean...Most of that time was aboard a guided missile destroyer.

@rowdyplace, my father went to Greece twice a year until he retired from the Navy. They worked on underwater mines, I think.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Wow! Thank you. Years that defined a lot of history in our country.

My uncle ( moms brother) flew a plane for the Marines during WWII.

My mother is 17 yrs younger than he was. Most pilots put pinups on the outside of their plane by window -- my uncle put a pic of my mom :) I'm guessing she was about 5yrs old at the time.

Any drawings on those missiles?

vaping one day at a time

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Spent many a fun "Liberty" in Athens. I was a surface missile tech.

He retired in his 40's after a trip and they were leaving from Greece and had to be in uniform while traveling, and they were taken from the Athens airport and held hostage for about 4-5 days. That's when my mother basically said to him, "You are going to retire now, right?"

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes! Summer of love. They are having costume contest.

http://www.whatsupwoodstock.com

Check out the face book page from that site

vaping one day at a time

Claire, this looks really fun. I looked at the downtown area on google map and I've been there before, years ago. What is the train depot now? A restaurant?

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Prob why now if I find a certain style of shirts or shorts I like or fit well - I'll get a couple of the same. This way I don't have to Think too much when I get dressed lol!
We're so similar. I do the same.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Claire, this looks really fun. I looked at the downtown area on google map and I've been there before, years ago. What is the train depot now? A restaurant?

Yes. Called the Freight. Ate there once not too long ago and wasn't that impressed.

The shrimp and grits was ok. But overcooked tasteless burger. Mac and cheese looked like old gray noodles. Buffalo wings. Well ive had better out of a frozen bag.

Pure taco is much better at that price point. Hot dog heaven had a better burger!

vaping one day at a time

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Geez people. I'm sitting at a record for me right now. 1 ea sneakers boot (cowboy this time) flip flop and dressy (ish)
You're a cowboy?

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
But you have cowboy boots. Oh do you go line dancing? I'm grasping here.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lol. Never line danced. I have to be pretty drunk to dance at all. Been a long time for either. Don't be hating on my boots. They look nice and feel comfy. :p
Hmmm. I wonder if I am a cowboy boot hater. Never thought about it.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I made another batch of HIC's Brandied Apricots and Black Barrel Whisky Mac. BBWM is the bomb. You guys should try it.

I don't normally want a pool, but I wish I had one tonight.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The movie or an actual cousin named Vinny?

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess i do have an ex-cousin-in-law named vinny. Think he is somewhere in or around Chicago.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Holy Batman!!!! I wanted to stalk someone and clicked on members. This came up. You know what this means guys and gals? We have no life. Geez @flowerpots - you have almost as many as the owner. lolololol

View attachment 2872
Hey @flowerpots, I think you need to pick it up a little bit there! No slacking on the job, and you could kick Joe out of the Head Honcho spot! (And if Joe is watching...... I didn't mean it, honest!) Brahahahahah!

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey @flowerpots, I think you need to pick it up a little bit there! No slacking on the job, and you could kick Joe out of the Head Honcho spot! (And if Joe is watching...... I didn't mean it, honest!) Brahahahahah!

LOL I'll try....surely I can make some random, one liner posts to push me up a bit.

VU Sponsors