Late Night in DIYland, take II

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, question. To those of you that mail stuffs out... anytime I've mailed a package, they've asked about the contents, especially liquids. Is there any hassle mailing flavorings? This part is new to me.

If I can I use online postage. Print from home and have mail carrier take from my house.

vaping one day at a time

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If I can I use online postage. Print from home and have mail carrier take from my house.

vaping one day at a time

That's what I do too. Just avoid the question altogether.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The only question I have been asked at the PO is if there was anything flammable or toxic to which I answer no. That was it.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
'ello peeps!

Been a busy day on Ebay. I went with my Bday cash to go buy a parts camera to fix my beloved Canon A720is that I dropped like an idjit. Still works, but the battery/SD door latches are broken so it's duct-taped together. SMH...

So, long story shorter, I thought about it...$20 for a parts camera...hmmm. Could I do better?
Did some serious searching, checked endless reviews and manic auction watching...got a steal. ;-)

I now will own a $150-200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH1 that I paid $32 for with 5 secs left. Shipped free. Oh, and it's Black. :cool:

HMB3X6P.png

Actual Link:

Comes with: a nice case, usb cable, battery charger, battery, camera, different color straps, mini tripod, video cables, manual, and the cd.

Specs and Review: http://www.dpreview.com/products/panasonic/compacts/panasonic_dmcfs10

I'm excited. The 'Panny Lumix line is very good quality with Leica lenses and I've always wanted one. Woohoo!!
(I can just get some velcro to fasten the hatch on the old Canon if I need too use it, but newer tech is nice...and this does 720p video.)

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've only been asked once. It was last Christmas when I was shipping something across the country and the postal worker asked me if I had any liquids in my package. I didn't, so honestly told him no. But, that was enough to deter me from going to the post office when I am sending liquids. I don't want to lie. So, instead, I'll just lie by omission. LOL

I think it varies according to what kind of postal worker you get and what time of year it is, etc.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
CaFF - lol. No need to double post here and in the Vape night randomness thread. It's the same people. =)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@CaFF are you a photographer or something?

Nah, I just enjoy taking photos. Vape gear, foodie stuff, my kitty, that sort of thing.
Someday I'd like to have a DSLR, but that's a wee bit out of the budget. :D

CaFF - lol. No need to double post here and in the Vape night randomness thread. It's the same people. =)

Ah, sorry...it seemed like there was two separate convos going on with different folks involved.

Why have two threads then?
confused-29.gif

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Started randomness because all the videos were giving some people problems. Didn't want people to stop looking at late night because of them

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, only 499 feet 9 inches of cellucotton left. I'd Better be careful.

Is that stuff that much better than cotton balls?

vaping one day at a time

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only had it for a few hours. Little different to work with. No flavor break in that I've noticed. so far not a big difference otherwise.
Is that stuff that much better than cotton balls?

vaping one day at a time

I'll let ya know when i have more.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Ace, did you get that salon cellulocotton stuff? I was hoping someone will put some in the PIF box going around so I can try it before I buy 20 yards of it.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
CaFF I have a Panasonic Lumix. I really, really like it. My phone is just super handy. I really need to get my camera back out. I used to take tons of pics.
Flowerpots, I've wanted to find a good Plum flavor, Rocket sent me a sample size of hers. OMG it's so yummy. Now I know to buy Hangsen when I run out. Good, good, good!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
CaFF I have a Panasonic Lumix. I really, really like it. My phone is just super handy. I really need to get my camera back out. I used to take tons of pics.
Flowerpots, I've wanted to find a good Plum flavor, Rocket sent me a sample size of hers. OMG it's so yummy. Now I know to buy Hangsen when I run out. Good, good, good!
Yeah, I sent you half of what I got from flower. The poster above ^

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh... the Post Office. I had forgotten they have a DIY (lol) center. You can weigh your package, click options and it prints out your postage. Drop in the box when you're done. You also get a receipt with ETA. Worked great! No hassles with unruly, tired, ready for the weekend employees.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Chew up a couple whole coffee beans! For an extra special treat, melt some chocolate, throw in the beans, spoon 'em onto parchment paper and let them cool... yum.

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got it down pat... As I get out of bed, all I have to do is:

Just Pop, Pee, and pour...

Pop in a cartridge...walk down the hall... return to kitchen and pour a fresh cup.

Attachments

• keurig.jpg
    keurig.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 2

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm in no way knockin' instant. I keep some in my locker at work for those very rough days when I need a boost. The coffee at work is horrifying.

Lol, Rowdy, I have a similar routine. It's not as fast, but very similar.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Chew up a couple whole coffee beans! For an extra special treat, melt some chocolate, throw in the beans, spoon 'em onto parchment paper and let them cool... yum.
I do this! I keep a container of them at work. Around 11 and 2, I pop a few.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love chocolate covered espresso beans. Butuntil I get my tooth fixed I jhave to avoid hard crunchy stuff

danykitten

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well after an amazing week with my momma I'm pooped and have make a ton of juice...lol did get a lot of shopping and boogie boarding in now just have to settle back into vape life. Anybody know of any good sales going on? Gotta re up on supplies too

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today is one of those i need to make instant coffee to get me to when the brewed coffee is done so that I'm able to go out and get some coffee.
Caffeine IV for @Ace STAT

Yeah, as much as I love my various beans and the whole grinding/brewing ritual, I always have a jar of Nescafé Clásico for just in case. Like if the power goes out...

It's also good for making a quicky iced coffee as it dissolves in cold water easily. Drinking some of it on ice now actually with white chocolate-macadamia creamer and a shot of bourbon. ;)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Yeah, back a few years ago, the Panny's were very highly recommended and used by pro photogs for daily carry cameras.
Mainly because of the excellent Leica glass. A camera is only as good as it's lens afterall. ;)

I'll miss some of the more advanced aperture and manual settings the Canon has, but mainly I take macro and other short-range shots so it won't be a big deal. Plus, I already bought a spare battery for only $9.00 so I'll be set. =)

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's just so pretty compared to the old grey Canon....looks like there's not a scratch on it and it's in the original box.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG
Nice!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There are ginormous pans of stuffed peppers in the oven for #1's B-day dinner. I could feed an army. Will I ever learn to cook smaller?

They freeze nicely.... ;)
Sounds GOOD. it's gonna be like 102F today, I hate not being able to cook...

CaFF, I'm so happy for ya :)

Glassgrl, I've never had one of those, can you believe it?

Thanks, I'm hoping it is as nice as I think. Will take a little learning, but I'm a quick study on tech stuff.

Never had a stuffed pepper?!

Well, how's this: http://allrecipes.com/video/4094/be...ll-peppers/detail.aspx?prop24=RR_RelatedVideo

Me, I like making 'em with some big 'ol Anaheim peppers for a bit of heat.

Bacon-wrapped-Stuffed-Anaheim-Peppers-473-640x428.jpg

http://tsgcookin.com/2013/06/bacon-wrapped-stuffed-anaheim-peppers/

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, as much as I love my various beans and the whole grinding/brewing ritual, I always have a jar of Nescafé Clásico for just in case. Like if the power goes out...

It's also good for making a quicky iced coffee as it dissolves in cold water easily. Drinking some of it on ice now actually with white chocolate-macadamia creamer and a shot of bourbon. ;)
Yummy, coffee at your place and dinner at glassgrl' s!

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can ya'll be here in about 1/2 hour? I've got green, red, orange and yellow bells. No Anaheims with bacon.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Vape mail. Woo a bunch of coils for my aerotank and a clearo I use cause I'm too lame to build coil for kayfun! Well I'd still use aero tank cause my ry4 trays yummy in it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors