Late Night in DIYland, take II

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm lucky if I have matching socks with no holes.

Have a big drawer full here. Many are new cause I never wear them! I have a weird attraction to socks and shoes but my feet are happier when they are free. ;-)

vaping one day at a time

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have a big drawer full here. Many are new cause I never wear them! I have a weird attraction to socks and shoes but my feet are happier when they are free. ;-)

vaping one day at a time
We have to wear shoes at school.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like shoes too. Cute shoes are so rare in my size that I just buy them. My usual is a ratty pair of Crocs flip flops. So freaking comfy.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It depends on your local post office and their level of ineptitude.

Example I had to mail eliquid to a few friends a couple weeks ago. The conversation went like this:
me: "I need these 3 packages marked fragile/liquid. They're wrapped in bubblewrap, packing peanuts and this is a weight rated box."
her: What kind of liquids.
me: "E-liquids."
her: "Ew liquids? What are those?"
me: (thinking this will be interesting) "E-liquids, not ew liquids. Food safe flavors in a viscous liquid base of propylene glycol, nicotine, and vegetable glycerin"
her: "I don't think you can mail hazardous substances. Let me get my boss."
me: "oy...ok"
Postmaster: "What are you trying to mail, you can't mail body parts."
me: "Nope no body parts, just e-liquid. You've delivered 30 of these packages to me this year, why are you saying I can't mail them?"
PM: "What's in it? She said you're trying to mail hazardous liquids"
me: Nicotine, propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin and food safe flavorings in glass bottles, wrapped in individual zipper bags, bubble wrap, outer zipper bags, and packing peanuts. Actually those 2 - have nicotine in them, the 3rd one contains just the other 3 ingredients.
PM: "Hmm - none of those things are listed on the hazardous list. Go ahead this time.
me: "so you're telling me you won't let me ship this stuff in the future?"
PM: "What is it used for?"
me: "These liquids are used to refill e-cigarette tanks so that people can quit smoking." (While this has gone on one of the town cops - who vapes comes in to pick up the PD's mail)
Cop: "There's no USPS prohibition on mailing what she's trying to mail, your lack of being informed, doesn't mean she can't mail what you're harassing her about."
me: "To answer the PM again - the ingredients - save for the nicotine are also used in sex lubricants, I can mail those right?"
PM: "uh yep." (to the postal teller) "Just mail it, nothing in it is hazardous, and know that she'll be back in, in a week with more to mail. She's more informed than I am on a lot of regulations, I trust her."
(I've dealt with our post master on lots of weird things, she's right, I know more than she does, and she has a $28.00/hour job, I can't get a job there, likely because I know too much info)

If all else fails - tell your local postal worker that its flavored sex lube. They'll blush and be happy to ship it for you.
Things to know:
a. Flammable liquid means a liquid that has a flashpoint of not more than 141°F (60.5°C), or any material in a liquid phase that has a flashpoint at or above100°F (38°C). (anything that will catch fire, with a spark between 100-141°F.)

b. Combustible liquid means any liquid that does not meet the definition of any other hazard class and has a flashpoint above 141°F (60.5°C) and below 200°F (93°C). (anything that will flash at 141-200 F)

PG's flashpoint is 210.2°F in a closed container (above the limit for prohibited mailings)
VG's flashpoint is 320 F in a closed container (even more well above prohibited mailings)
Nicotine base at 100mg/ml is not flammable or combustible - per wizard labs msds
Most flavors that have ethyl alcohol in their ingredient list - will have a very low flashpoint - but not enough to throw off a high vg mix to being hazardous to ship. I pulled up 2 flavors at random from TFA's MSDS List - absinthe has a 48 F flashpoint; Dairy/Milk has a >200F flashpoint - the former would have to be shipped in straight flavor form - using UPS ground only; the latter is usps priority safe to mail.

Lots of math, chemistry and rules to know, but in our usual diluted portions - its perfectly safe to mail - unless you're mixing in a lot of ethyl alcohol as a diluent.

Hopefully that helps. If you ever need shipping help - for vape gear or other stuff - feel free to pm me and ask for help. I'll give you the info I have, or point you where to ask.
Awesome info, thanks for posting!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like shoes too. Cute shoes are so rare in my size that I just buy them. My usual is a ratty pair of Crocs flip flops. So freaking comfy.
What's your size? Seems like the internet has every size.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's not crazy big at all. How tall are you? and what's your social security #? jk

This is post #975 for me. I was born in the month of 09 and the year 75 =). This will have to be my last post.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
lolol I wish I was a palindrome.
I'm too short.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My 40s were awesome. The party? Not so much. We (a friend born in the same month, same age) got preparation H and Ensure. So fun.:eek:

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone used Inw Cognac? Thoughts?

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's not crazy big at all. How tall are you? and what's your social security #? jk

This is post #975 for me. I was born in the month of 09 and the year 75 =). This will have to be my last post.

Hey jake what you wearing!
Uhhh khakis
Jake sounds hideous
That's because jake is a he

vaping one day at a time

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah. At least I didn't get weird looks walking into Sally beauty this time. Did get a couple of can I help you finds tho.
If it helps, I'm female and I get weird looks and "are you lost" questions when I go in Sally beauty for luer slip micro tips, as around here they're the only ones who don't require a prescription for them, as they sell them for nail glue bottles. Even if that's not what I use them for.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey DIYlanders, I have a question.

If you could choose between the kayfun lite and the kayfun 3.1, which would you go with and why? I'm going get one or the other, but I'm not sure which one is better/best.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Me either. Maybe it was the nic, because I did try some vendor ones but I don't like pepper on my fruit.
Some other vendor's fruits are either very muted - how do they pull off dry-hit cotton as an overtone to fruit?
Sounds awesome, get home, put it in my dripper, and i get dry hit cotton, or 'heavy vg and some neutral flavor + ooh almost some fruit...

The stuff I make at work is much better and less subdued. I like loud flavors. I dislike pepper-fruit or worse pepper-chocolates, which is what MOST chocolate flavors taste like to me.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a citrus custard I've made for myself. You want some @flowerpots ? Its a rich, creamy, surprising custard. It'll never be a regular item at the shop, only as a rare custom if a customer wants a custard mix. I can make you some if you want to test it.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

If you could choose between the kayfun lite and the kayfun 3.1, which would you go with and why? I'm going get one or the other, but I'm not sure which one is better/best.

I'm going to sit in the corner and not say a word ;-)

I can say that the kayfun lite plus looks pretty in the box.

vaping one day at a time

danykitten

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I have a lite and I really like it. The 3.1 has adjustable airflow which is an awesome feature so I'd probably go with that

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a citrus custard I've made for myself. You want some @flowerpots ? Its a rich, creamy, surprising custard. It'll never be a regular item at the shop, only as a rare custom if a customer wants a custard mix. I can make you some if you want to test it.

Sure, I'll try some. That sounds good. But, I hate for you to pay shipping for a bottle of juice....therefore, just send me many to make it worth the shipping :p kidding. I can send you money for it via paypal if you like.

danykitten

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's awesome of you to offer, but I hate for you to spend postage for 1 flavor.
Well maybe we can do a swap. Some yummy flower juice I keep hearing about ;) you do very valuable work that I have benefited from and if I could further your research then I'd be honored

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well maybe we can do a swap. Some yummy flower juice I keep hearing about ;) you do very valuable work that I have benefited from and if I could further your research then I'd be honored

What would you like to try? Tobacco mix with fruit? Fruit mix? That's about all I have so far. Or, I can make you one of HIC's recipes. I have most of the ingredients for those.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fritos and cheese in a can is my midnight snack

vaping one day at a time

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone here watch big brother? I'm watcHing after dark right now. We let it dvr every night

vaping one day at a time

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm having combos myself, @ClaireW. I see we are both the picture of healthy eating lol

I'm not watching TV tonight. I did watch a movie over the weekend that was good, though - The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Good one.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I have the 3.1 from Angelcigs.com and am absoultely sold on the product! The only issue I can state is that the 3.1 fill port is a pita. However, I top fill it without any problems! Here's the link for the one I got:
http://www.angelcigs.com/kayfun-v3-1-es-rebuildable-atomizer-full-kit.html

And THIS is what I did with it (by the way, I'm still using the build pictured!):
http://www.vapingunderground.com/threads/22g-vert-coil-on-kayfun-3-1.3879/

Last edited:

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm having combos myself, @ClaireW. I see we are both the picture of healthy eating lol

I'm not watching TV tonight. I did watch a movie over the weekend that was good, though - The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Good one.

I'm a chip addict lately. Salt!

I also keep a good stock of salsa from a local restaurant.

I'm the type that eats six time a day in small amounts

vaping one day at a time

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For all the Netflix users, Odd Thomas wasn't too bad! A bit of a tear jerker at the end, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sure, I'll try some. That sounds good. But, I hate for you to pay shipping for a bottle of juice....therefore, just send me many to make it worth the shipping :p kidding. I can send you money for it via paypal if you like.
shipping's around $2.50 because work uses glass dropper bottles making it around 4 oz rather than 1/2 oz-ish. Drop me a convo with your addy & desired nic level & pg/vg if you have a custom request - our base is 60-40 pg/vg. Include what type of mod you have & I'll toss in a charm too!

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just finished dinner not long ago. I have a box of kroger cheeze-it type crackers. Not at all what I want, but its what I have. I could go make a smoothie if I get real desperate cravings wise. I'm working on finishing a third book in the last 7 days & resting my eye (that still is giving me issues).

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What book are you reading?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wowee! Well, I opted for the self-service scale, lol. Forgot they had one. BUT... this is excellent info, Frawg. Thank you!

It depends on your local post office and their level of ineptitude.

Example I had to mail eliquid to a few friends a couple weeks ago. The conversation went like this:
me: "I need these 3 packages marked fragile/liquid. They're wrapped in bubblewrap, packing peanuts and this is a weight rated box."
her: What kind of liquids.
me: "E-liquids."
her: "Ew liquids? What are those?"
me: (thinking this will be interesting) "E-liquids, not ew liquids. Food safe flavors in a viscous liquid base of propylene glycol, nicotine, and vegetable glycerin"
her: "I don't think you can mail hazardous substances. Let me get my boss."
me: "oy...ok"
Postmaster: "What are you trying to mail, you can't mail body parts."
me: "Nope no body parts, just e-liquid. You've delivered 30 of these packages to me this year, why are you saying I can't mail them?"
PM: "What's in it? She said you're trying to mail hazardous liquids"
me: Nicotine, propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin and food safe flavorings in glass bottles, wrapped in individual zipper bags, bubble wrap, outer zipper bags, and packing peanuts. Actually those 2 - have nicotine in them, the 3rd one contains just the other 3 ingredients.
PM: "Hmm - none of those things are listed on the hazardous list. Go ahead this time.
me: "so you're telling me you won't let me ship this stuff in the future?"
PM: "What is it used for?"
me: "These liquids are used to refill e-cigarette tanks so that people can quit smoking." (While this has gone on one of the town cops - who vapes comes in to pick up the PD's mail)
Cop: "There's no USPS prohibition on mailing what she's trying to mail, your lack of being informed, doesn't mean she can't mail what you're harassing her about."
me: "To answer the PM again - the ingredients - save for the nicotine are also used in sex lubricants, I can mail those right?"
PM: "uh yep." (to the postal teller) "Just mail it, nothing in it is hazardous, and know that she'll be back in, in a week with more to mail. She's more informed than I am on a lot of regulations, I trust her."
(I've dealt with our post master on lots of weird things, she's right, I know more than she does, and she has a $28.00/hour job, I can't get a job there, likely because I know too much info)

If all else fails - tell your local postal worker that its flavored sex lube. They'll blush and be happy to ship it for you.
Things to know:
a. Flammable liquid means a liquid that has a flashpoint of not more than 141°F (60.5°C), or any material in a liquid phase that has a flashpoint at or above100°F (38°C). (anything that will catch fire, with a spark between 100-141°F.)

b. Combustible liquid means any liquid that does not meet the definition of any other hazard class and has a flashpoint above 141°F (60.5°C) and below 200°F (93°C). (anything that will flash at 141-200 F)

PG's flashpoint is 210.2°F in a closed container (above the limit for prohibited mailings)
VG's flashpoint is 320 F in a closed container (even more well above prohibited mailings)
Nicotine base at 100mg/ml is not flammable or combustible - per wizard labs msds
Most flavors that have ethyl alcohol in their ingredient list - will have a very low flashpoint - but not enough to throw off a high vg mix to being hazardous to ship. I pulled up 2 flavors at random from TFA's MSDS List - absinthe has a 48 F flashpoint; Dairy/Milk has a >200F flashpoint - the former would have to be shipped in straight flavor form - using UPS ground only; the latter is usps priority safe to mail.

Lots of math, chemistry and rules to know, but in our usual diluted portions - its perfectly safe to mail - unless you're mixing in a lot of ethyl alcohol as a diluent.

Hopefully that helps. If you ever need shipping help - for vape gear or other stuff - feel free to pm me and ask for help. I'll give you the info I have, or point you where to ask.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Okay. Sorry for all the whoops. I was on my phone, and I thought I was in a conversation with someone till I realized I was in a thread. lol. That could have been really bad if I was a shit talker. Anyhow, my apologies for all the whoops.

@Cramptholomew I teach junior and senior English

@Huckleberried YOU'RE AMAZING!!!! Got my flavor mail today. Thank you! Btw...great handwriting.
I got a good grade from the teacher today :) Thanks MissPuppy!

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I'd choose the Fogger 4.1 (the NEWEST 4.1, not the older 4.1. It's a thing! Really!)
If you're set on a Kayfun, I say an EhPro Kayfun Lite v2

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm going to sit in the corner and not say a word ;-)

I can say that the kayfun lite plus looks pretty in the box.

vaping one day at a time

Ha! Imma sit next to Claire. My 3.1 is looking pretty in someone else's vape box. It was >.< this close to getting the hammer.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mom's not getting surgery tmwr. Last min delay due to insurance.
Now I'm in waiting mode - frustrating for mom too.
Good thing I'm in the Army state guard - they teach us hurry up & wait. :/

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mom's not getting surgery tmwr. Last min delay due to insurance.
Now I'm in waiting mode - frustrating for mom too.
Good thing I'm in the Army state guard - they teach us hurry up & wait. :/
I hope it works out soon! Until then, you and your mother will be in our prayers.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That just sucks Claire. I hate that insurance companies think they know more than your doctor does and can delay a surgery. Hope your mom is OK.

Thank you GG & Chowder!
She needs a stress test before surgery. Ins rejected --
Dr is going to put it in as something else to get it approved. just a few hoops to jump thru
She's getting more stressed about the red tape crap than the actual surgery itself!
now it might be end of AUG when surgery might happen.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, maybe the insurance company is performing their own form of "stress test" and trying to get out of paying for a reall one! But all joking aside, I really hope the problem is worked out soon. Lots of love to you both!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I forgot to post my socks earlier, so I'm doing it now. I like theeeese ones. First day with the hellions is tomorrow.
uzuve6a2.jpg

VU Sponsors