Late Night in DIYland, take II

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I should have taken a pic before he cut all the limbs off.
409872033.jpg

409872034.jpg

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trimming trees was probably the dirtiest and most exhausting job i ever had. I worked with a guy who would climb a 100' palm tree, trim it, and instead of going down and back up the next tree would swing it until he could grab the next tree.

OH HELL NO!

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dear lord Being a Computer Engineer I cannot understand why everyone thinks facebook is like sitting around with buddies saying Hey dude Im drunk , Hey look I just made this killer burger and taking a pic WTF... I remember the good old IRC days crazy but no posting of someone taking a bowl movement.. :)
We still do that now don't we. We just got better at it.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dude. Tree people are out of their damn minds. Who wakes up one day and thinks they'd like to climb a 100ft. telephone pole with a chainsaw?
Whatever I'm paying them isn't enough. I'm not going to tell them that. lol
hahaha thats hilarious.. Yeah I was always amazed at the iron workers that work on skyscrapers... Who wakes up and says Hey guys lets hang off a ledge 1000ft up and eat our lunches :) too funny

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So true @Chowder, so true. I didn't get the vodka anyway, the liquor store was closed, just an empty shell. Shows you how often I go there. lol

That sucks @Cramptholomew. :( I had a package take 4 months to finally get here once. It was delivered not to me, but to the place that was on the box. The guy sent me something using a printed, recycled box from a company in Indiana. Freaking bizarre. I hope you get your things soon. Was it vapemail?

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just discovered a red hot candy compliments my energy drink vape.
eat candy - then vape - was a good flavor :)
my random thought for the day

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I discovered the other night that good n plenty licorice candies DO NOT go well with banana custard.

My random comment regarding your random thought.

Love those candies! maybe a butterscotch hard candy would go with your banana vape?

I worked as a security guard back a life time ago at a general foods plant. There was a room where they would give people food under a black light. Mainly to see what tastes good with their pudding packs. So they might have given you pretzels, chips, a piece of pizza, a variety of beverages & the pudding.

I need more red hots ;)

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is that like when they gave people steaks andewhen they were half way through changed the lights so they could see that the steak was dyed green? Iirc it was a study about flavor being affected by sight. Quite a few people hurled at the sight of green meat.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm still good with my Strawberries 'n' Cream. :)

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is no such thing as coincidence. Anything that appears to be coincidence is actually a part of a growing conspiracy that is trying to....

WAIT....NO STOP.... PLEASE I WONT. .

yup. Coincidence.

danykitten

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@flowerpots i'd love to try some fruity tobacco. i havent played with baccy much but your combinations do look very appealing

what do y'all think the most common nicotine levels are? i'm trying to do some testing of some mixes and how the nicotine affects the flavor if any...i'm thinking 3, 6, 12, 18, 24?

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Those levels sound good, though I haven't seen 3mg/mL in local shops before.

At least one my local B&Ms has said that their own juices taste best at 18mg/mL.

danykitten

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i have not been brave enough for cinnamon anything yet...Big Red gum and I had a love affair for quite a while but its almost like i got burnt out...love seeing these recipes though

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@flowerpots i'd love to try some fruity tobacco. i havent played with baccy much but your combinations do look very appealing

what do y'all think the most common nicotine levels are? i'm trying to do some testing of some mixes and how the nicotine affects the flavor if any...i'm thinking 3, 6, 12, 18, 24?

If you like tobacco or really even if you don't, try INW Dark Fire and the Tino Virginia. Those 2 are versatile and just have a good taste to them.

Nicotine won't affect flavor, or shouldn't, unless you are using peppery nic/dirty nic or have really high nic level - that's my experience anyway. If you get the VT nic from either VT or Bull City, you will notice it doesn't change taste. It didn't for me.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@flowerpots, I need to disagree.

The more I cut back even my VT nic, the less I taste it throughout the day. It never really interfered with flavors, but I could certainly taste that it was there.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I mix zero nic samples in 7ml bottles most of the time.

3 & 6mg with high VG are good for drippers if you're cloud chasing.

When I make high VG mixes I think stronger flavors shine thru more. Or some might take a couple of extra days to completely blend.

My ADV I mix for myself 3mg

I been using NN nicotine. Others have noticed a taste diff in their mixes when using diff nic bases.

Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@flowerpots, I need to disagree.

The more I cut back even my VT nic, the less I taste it throughout the day. It never really interfered with flavors, but I could certainly taste that it was there.

Hmm even with VT nic you can taste it? I taste WL nic, now that I have 2 bottles of the same recipe, one with WL nic and one with VT nic. The VT nic I cannot taste. The WL I do. But, I didn't taste it before I tried the VT nic, which is kind of peculiar to me. Maybe some can taste the difference, I guess.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hmm even with VT nic you can taste it? I taste WL nic, now that I have 2 bottles of the same recipe, one with WL nic and one with VT nic. The VT nic I cannot taste. The WL I do. But, I didn't taste it before I tried the VT nic, which is kind of peculiar to me. Maybe some can taste the difference, I guess.

I think I'm overly-sensitive to it, actually. Even at 6mg/mL, I was tasting VT nic (WL was pure black pepper to me). Now that I'm down to 3mg/mL, that taste and sensation is very reduced. It's from the same bottle of nic, same recipe.

Not that I have good taste buds, 'cause I don't. I have a hard time tasting sweet and fruit like strawberry (though it's my favorite!).

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey, cool! Yours looks fantastic! Nice job with that!
Thanks!

I'd always wondered how I could make my own images like that, then I stumbled on your posts!

I'm still playing with it, cramming as much as I can into it, but I'll probably have a couple of suggestions for your when I'm done. :)

Thanks again!

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey there, AA...how're you tonight?

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So true @Chowder, so true. I didn't get the vodka anyway, the liquor store was closed, just an empty shell. Shows you how often I go there. lol

That sucks @Cramptholomew. :( I had a package take 4 months to finally get here once. It was delivered not to me, but to the place that was on the box. The guy sent me something using a printed, recycled box from a company in Indiana. Freaking bizarre. I hope you get your things soon. Was it vapemail?
The Indiana end of the USPS is incredibly talented, in all the wrong ways. I can get mail from me in southern IN to Russia in less time than it takes to mail a package from me to a friend who lives on the other side of Indy, from the USPS sort facility. (5 days vs 2.5 weeks) figure that one out. Now if I need to send him something I just drive up and drop it off. $20 in gas is less than the hassle of $12 in postage for them to wait so long the contents that were perishable are moldy.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not sure I've ever had VT nic. I vape exclusively at 0nic, however, I'm the tester of "can you tell if this has nic in it?" There's been days where we're so swamped with stuff at work that between trying to mix up stock juice, custom orders, answer the phone, and wait on customers that I've left a bottle in mid progress only to come back and forget whether it had no nic or lots of nic. Fill a dripper add a few drops if I cough yep it has nic in it, and we can usually figure out where I left off or worst case that bottle goes to a donation pile for a friend with no income who is desperately trying to quit.

We us WL at work, it smells like pepper to me. I can vape up to 12mg nic from a few companies to at least get a flavor profile if someone says "can you make something like this" - but more than 2 short hits is enough sometimes. And no I have no desire to start vaping nic on a regular basis. Though I am seeing its used to treat migraines...I just don't think I can get past the pepper punch to my throat.

AAnthemYVI

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone know anything about the vamos v5

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recommend them big time. I have had no trouble with the three I have. Matter of fact vaping on one now. They like to collect finger prints, that's about it. Oh they won't fire under 1.2 Ohms.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not sure I've ever had VT nic. I vape exclusively at 0nic, however, I'm the tester of "can you tell if this has nic in it?" There's been days where we're so swamped with stuff at work that between trying to mix up stock juice, custom orders, answer the phone, and wait on customers that I've left a bottle in mid progress only to come back and forget whether it had no nic or lots of nic. Fill a dripper add a few drops if I cough yep it has nic in it, and we can usually figure out where I left off or worst case that bottle goes to a donation pile for a friend with no income who is desperately trying to quit.

We us WL at work, it smells like pepper to me. I can vape up to 12mg nic from a few companies to at least get a flavor profile if someone says "can you make something like this" - but more than 2 short hits is enough sometimes. And no I have no desire to start vaping nic on a regular basis. Though I am seeing its used to treat migraines...I just don't think I can get past the pepper punch to my throat.

I'm torn on whether to go 0mg or not. In a way, I kinda like having an excuse to vape: I need my nicotine! ;)

I haven't had vendor juices for so long, though, I'm not sure if I can taste or feel the nic in them or not. When I WAS using them, my buds were SO shot, I could barely taste anything but the strongest flavors (pineapple comes to mind). But that aside, I've tasted both the WL and VT nic that I have, so I'm assuming I'd taste others.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone have experience with the wine flavor bases from either TFA or FW?
Or any wine bases for that matter?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not sure how, or why, but I made NINE submissions on the USPS site today about my missing package - and all of a sudden my package gets scanned in Capitol Heights. Coincidence?
For some crazy reason every time I order from Fasttech it shows it is in Los Angelos then there is this 2 days delay and says arrived in Dallas and that same day its in my Mailbox and Dallas is 300 miles north it makes no sense never says processed left or anything from Dallas.. I called them once they were like ... Its in the tracking hahah I just gave up :)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know. What Ya' want to know?
Yeah I have a Vamo V5 its in one of my holders now I used to use it all the time... Its a solid device I hate the way the buttons look but its a good VV/VW device it will not subohm or go below 1.2ohms sometimes it even freaks on that.. but I do not use it ever for that I have had it a good 8 months my GF used it for like 4 months everyday never had a prob with it :) hope that helps

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is there a way to lock the controls?

VU Sponsors