Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You made me laugh with that 1

HEY! @Chowder wheredafukugo?
Hey @Ace, sorry I haven't been posting like normal, but been out of town and just lurking when I can. Went 4 wheeling and managed to roll one on top of me! Just a scrape or two to show for it though, got lucky. I know I've said this before, but I gots some catching up to do! I'll be back on the threads as normal for the foreseeable future though. I honestly didn't think anybody would miss me here, but thanks for noticing!

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Perception is everything...I had a "color correction" device for my monitors. I ran it when I first set up this computer with my new monitors. Everything looked a lot better than when I ran them out of the box (MS Outlook was a horrible blue with no contrast).

When I joined this forum, I thought the background of all messages was a beige/light yellow. Then I sampled the color in Photoshop to get the background for my signature images, and saw that it was supposed to be grey. What?!?

The thing is, in setting up the color correction, it also has you mess with your brightness and contrast. It turns out THAT was what made Outlook appear correct, but the device itself made all colors just slightly off.

Long story short, I turned off color correction, and DIYland now looks the way it was meant to look! ;)

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Perception is everything...I had a "color correction" device for my monitors. I ran it when I first set up this computer with my new monitors. Everything looked a lot better than when I ran them out of the box (MS Outlook was a horrible blue with no contrast).

When I joined this forum, I thought the background of all messages was a beige/light yellow. Then I sampled the color in Photoshop to get the background for my signature images, and saw that it was supposed to be grey. What?!?

The thing is, in setting up the color correction, it also has you mess with your brightness and contrast. It turns out THAT was what made Outlook appear correct, but the device itself made all colors just slightly off.

Long story short, I turned off color correction, and DIYland now looks the way it was meant to look! ;)

I have been in this business since 1983. - Just like Rosanna Danna said "It's always sumpin!"

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
From everything I'd heard in the past WHO was behind us. Is it this author, or WHO that wants to cause us issues?
WHO was never behind us. They support all the regulations and crap in Europe, and published a bunch of anti-vaping crap from physicians obviously paid for by Pharma. If it's a mainstream health/political organization, you can almost bet your bum that they're on the side of whoever has the biggest wallet.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
WHO was never behind us. They support all the regulations and crap in Europe, and published a bunch of anti-vaping crap from physicians obviously paid for by Pharma. If it's a mainstream health/political organization, you can almost bet your bum that they're on the side of whoever has the biggest wallet.

Ah, I guess I misread. I'm not sure where I got that idea...

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So is ours. From the name I figured banoffee was a coffee thing, but when I found the recipe, I knew it would disappear quickly here. Did you have the nerve to boil the milk in the can? I didn't want to clean the ceiling and pull metal shards out of my forehead, so I didn't do it that way. I also added rum flavoring to the whipped cream. Of course!
I always boil condensed milk in the can for 3 hours, I do several at a time, so I always have some ready to go in the larder. Never had a problem.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Note to self: don't drop mod and dripper in the sand.

again
Don't feel lonely, I still haven't learned that lesson well! The other is don't put your mod and dripper in an outside bag pocket when at the beach.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I always boil condensed milk in the can for 3 hours, I do several at a time, so I always have some ready to go in the larder. Never had a problem.

The other half does it and makes a pie from it.

vaping one day at a time

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Seems I've (quickly) outgrown my current mixing supplies box. Time to come up with a new solution... I love the acrylic stand that @RocketPuppy sent me. It holds all of my 1dram and 2dram vials perfectly. I'd like to come up with something similar that holds other bottles and supplies.

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Seems I've (quickly) outgrown my current mixing supplies box. Time to come up with a new solution... I love the acrylic stand that @RocketPuppy sent me. It holds all of my 1dram and 2dram vials perfectly. I'd like to come up with something similar that holds other bottles and supplies.

Me to!

In fact, that (a better way to do this) has been my top time consuming project for the past month. I would love to see other approaches.

This is a plastic set of drawers from Walmart. Roughly 14" wide x 21" tall x 14" deep. Drawer height is about 2¾". About $22.00.

The styrofoam has been a real challange. I had to make the hole-cutter tool and punch each hole by hand. I used a template for neatness... The blue tray is a cheap ice cube tray - not good...

My single biggest "opportunity" is the dividing mechanism of the individual flavoring bottles. I continue to look for a cardboard "matrix" thingy. Something similiar to the way bar glasses are packed for shipment...just smaller.

Attachments

• cab-2.JPG
    cab-2.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 18
  • cab-3.JPG
    cab-3.JPG
    222 KB · Views: 14
  • cab-4.JPG
    cab-4.JPG
    209.9 KB · Views: 14
  • cab-5.JPG
    cab-5.JPG
    374.4 KB · Views: 13
  • cab-6.JPG
    cab-6.JPG
    241.3 KB · Views: 15
  • cab-7.JPG
    cab-7.JPG
    212.2 KB · Views: 14
  • cab-8.JPG
    cab-8.JPG
    351.1 KB · Views: 14
  • cab-9.JPG
    cab-9.JPG
    333.3 KB · Views: 13

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Me to!

In fact, that (a better way to do this) has been my top time consuming project for the past month. I would love to see other approaches.

This is a plastic set of drawers from Walmart. Roughly 14" wide x 21" tall x 14" deep. Drawer height is about 2¾". About $22.00.

The styrofoam has been a real challange. I had to make the hole-cutter tool and punch each hole by hand. I used a template for neatness... The blue tray is a cheap ice cube tray - not good...

My single biggest "opportunity" is the dividing mechanism of the individual flavoring bottles. I continue to look for a cardboard "matrix" thingy. Something similiar to the way bar glasses are packed for shipment...just smaller.

I know the prospect of starting all those holes again might seem daunting, if not reviled, but have you thought about soft foam, like they stuff furniture with? It comes in a lot of various thicknesses.

I had other ideas in mind, but I may just steal this from you! :D

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know the prospect of starting all those holes again might seem daunting, if not reviled, but have you thought about soft foam, like they stuff furniture with? It comes in a lot of various thicknesses.

I had other ideas in mind, but I may just steal this from you! :D

Soft foam, cardboard, cork, liquid plastic, Play Dough, modeling clay, ice trays, and others - I have tried them all. Each had it's own set of issues. The soft foam was a good idea, but getting the holes in it neatly was a problem I never overcame. The styrofoam was the cheapest and overall easiest, so far.

edit -- I had to build a tool to cut the holes in the styrofoam. The good news was that if the hole was a little too small, inserting the bottle the first time served to stretch the hole yet the bottle still fit tightly.

Last edited:

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The problem I could see with something like that is reading the vials without needing to pick them out.

The plastic squares would drive me nuts! ;)

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Emilie - I got 2 of those stands after RP posted the picture, love them. The little sample bottles fit well. The 10 ml glass bottles from WL fit, but the ones from RTSV don't! Darn it. Wish the holes were just a bit bigger.

Me to!

RP senior - I love your drawers, lol! You put a lot of work into that project. Thanks for the pics.

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I found this http://www.lifemedical.us/Gridlock/index.htm but $30 per sq. ft. seems like a lot. To me they look a lot like a Morton board used for cutting glass but I just tried mine and the small vials from TFA don't fit that.
Another place for cardboard squares but I'm not seeing the sizes. http://www.thomassci.com/Supplies/Containers/_/Cardboard-Cryogenic-Vial-Boxes-and-Partitions?q=Vial Storage Container

Life Medical has the right idea, I agree that they are so tall as to cover the bottle labels. The cost is also too far out there for me.

The thomassci.com approach looks closer to what I think I want. Again, not enough size data and the price seems prohibitive.

Enough styrofoam to cover a barn is only $10.00. I used only about $3.00 worth and now looking for another project to use the leftovers.

Here is my dream -> http://www.ebay.com/itm/261554155577?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Another -> http://www.ebay.com/itm/261443758285?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I am considering purchasing a drill press to make these. Living in a 3 bedroom condo kinda makes that not so good of an idea.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I never had a problem doing it that way either, but... IT TAKES 3 HOURS. The faster way gets you the same results in under 10 minutes.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Those are awesome but pricey, RP Sr. I just went out and tried something with styrofoam and a 1/2" stainless steel tube. Cold, the tube didn't really go through the styro and the hole was ragged and crappy. Then I heated up the steel just a bit with a small butane torch and it went through the styro like a hot knife through buttah, leaving a pretty, clean hole. The little 8ml TFA bottle fit perfectly.
If anyone tries this and can't find stainless steel tube, try copper. Galvanized is bad when heated with flame, emitting noxious gas.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, RP Sr, those are a dream! If by chance you get that drill press, you could make some side money! And gain some vape karma, too, lol. I'm first in line, ok?

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Those are awesome but pricey, RP Sr. I just went out and tried something with styrofoam and a 1/2" stainless steel tube. Cold, the tube didn't really go through the styro and the hole was ragged and crappy. Then I heated up the steel just a bit with a small butane torch and it went through the styro like a hot knife through buttah, leaving a pretty, clean hole. The little 8ml TFA bottle fit perfectly.
If anyone tries this and can't find stainless steel tube, try copper. Galvanized is bad when heated with flame, emitting noxious gas.

I created about 120 holes in each sheet the styrofoam. That left me with 120 little plugs of styrofoam. Mine were dry and easy to remove from the tool.

How do you get 100 + of the little plugs out of the hot pipe? Please share your secret!!

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow, RP Sr, those are a dream! If by chance you get that drill press, you could make some side money! And gain some vape karma, too, lol. I'm first in line, ok?

MissWish - You tempt me. (WOW, never thought that about a girl before...) All I need is someone to help hold the wood and clean up all the shavings and sawdust crap from the living room.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I created about 120 holes in each sheet the styrofoam. That left me with 120 little plugs of styrofoam. Mine were dry and easy to remove from the tool.

How do you get 100 + of the little plugs out of the hot pipe? Please share your secret!!

Most of it kind of vaporized. I like your idea better, it looks nice. Never mind me.

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not my product - but a good idea. Not expensive!
They have 3 models: http://www.anandacorporation.com/servlet/the-247/Starter-Kit-Shoulder-Belt/Detail
wooden-boston-bottle-rack_zpsb583d7e8.jpg

Last edited:

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Most of it kind of vaporized. I like your idea better, it looks nice. Never mind me.[/QUOTEI

I attempted a thin heated pipe early on. I kept getting half melted plugs stuck inside it and then a shit-house mess to clean the tube... I even attempted to dip the tube in gasoline and let that melt through. Another mess (Gasoline and styrofoam mixed becomes a napalm type substance. The styrofoam melts and you have a sticky flammable mess that... See history books, Re: " Vietnam War".

I am always looking for a better way to do something. I was able to make a simple styrofoam "hot wire knife" from coil wire, a sling shot, and a 9volt wall wart. That is only good for cutting and shaping the ends of the foam sheet

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Would anyone be interested in 4oz of TFA Strawberry (Ripe)? I prefer FA strawberry and it looks like I won't be using the TFA Strawberry (Ripe) that I have. I've only used a few milliliters of it.

Others have PIF'ed items to me. Time for my to pay back the favor. :)

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Would anyone be interested in 4oz of TFA Strawberry (Ripe)? I prefer FA strawberry and it looks like I won't be using the TFA Strawberry (Ripe) that I have. I've only used a few milliliters of it.

Others have PIF'ed items to me. Time for my to pay back the favor. :)

I'll certainly pay the shipping...

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've outgrown my current DIY storage as well.
IMG_5298.JPG
This unit was planned around WL-TFA vials and CAP bottles. Revision one was just a pair of trays. R2.0 expanded by one storage tray and one mixing tray. R2.5 involved redoing a couple of the WL vial trays to condense things a bit, though it's now harder to see the labels.
Now that I have a bunch of 10ml FA bottles, I need to redo a couple of the racks. and build another housing. I'm sure my wife will love that, considering I already have half of the dining room buffet covered in vaping gear :D

This is my mixing tray:
IMG_5302.JPG
PG & VG in the large mouth jars, nic in the 30ml brown bottles, and plenty of space for flavors. It also acts as a holder so I don't tip those tiny vials over ;)

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These are all made out of a plastic & aluminum composite sign material.

By day I'm an AutoCAD pilot, and I also program our shop CNC. They're my best friends when it comes to DIY projects :)

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm mad. I'm in a mixing funk where I'm over thinking everything. 3.5 stinkers out of 4 new recipe ideas in the last few days. I find this comes in waves. I get on a hot streak, and then pffffft for a while. Tonight I tried to make a vanilla coffee. I ended up putting everything under the sun in it, which was obviously overkill. It's vapable, but not what I wanted at all. I thought i had a winner with a root beer float, which is why the 3.5 out of 4, since I decided it only half stinks. Oh well. Hopefully this passes quickly.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's been three weeks without mixing. I'm past the funk stage. My brain doesn't even work anymore. I need to figure out a sure fire way to make money without doing too much. Does anytime have Heisenburg's number?

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
These are all made out of a plastic & aluminum composite sign material.

By day I'm an AutoCAD pilot, and I also program our shop CNC. They're my best friends when it comes to DIY projects :)

My husband is a sign designer. He works in CorelDRAW (so do I, but I'm more technically-minded).

We have a router in our garage, but I haven't turned it on in a few months. I really need to so I can make those mod stands I've been wanting to make.

I really like your bottle chest! I was curious what it was made out of. I can see how aluminum composites would be great for something like that! We need a better bit for Dibond.

Great job! :)

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
...And now I'm getting stoned on 3mg.

What, do I need to cut back to 2mg? 1mg?

Love/Hate relationship with chain vaping.

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
At that low of a level you might be getting the "hit" from the alcohol in the flavorings... Or, maybe, the adhesive from the label on the bottle... :) Fresh nail polish???

OK, just teasing. That is not a bad problem to have...

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So is ours. From the name I figured banoffee was a coffee thing, but when I found the recipe, I knew it would disappear quickly here. Did you have the nerve to boil the milk in the can? I didn't want to clean the ceiling and pull metal shards out of my forehead, so I didn't do it that way. I also added rum flavoring to the whipped cream. Of course!
With all the talk about banoffee, I had to make one..still trying to figure out how to get it in my tank.
3ecf63bb42692a6501510be3c25e05cb.jpg

Mmm...sooo gooood.
7dc9d0bb026d8a09a173307329ef5d8e.jpg

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That looks yummy! Do any of you know of a yummy Peach Cobbler e-liquid recipe?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Omg glassgrl, I was thinking of making one this weekend, too! We're so smart.

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

VU Sponsors