Become a Patron!

Late Night in DIYland, take II

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, its time for me to start the moderator approved spam over here in the DIY section.

We are getting close to being able to remove ECF from the top vaping forum of 2014 and making The Vaping Underground #!:D

Please cast your votes if you have not already!

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...for-the-vaping-underground.44182/#post-247145

Even better, get in touch with all of your friends in the vaping world (or any world in this solar system) and ask them to vote for us!

A vote for VU is a vote for vaping freedom and expression.

A vote for 'That Other Place" is a vote for eternal darkness, suffering and whatever the heck you can think of!

I'm in! ECF wasn't bad and has a lot of good people but way to fast/busy to keep up with.

[URL=http://s691.photobucket.com/user/Raymond65/media/Fun%20pics/sick_and_tired_green_guy.jpg.html] [/URL]

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, I went to the other side for a while this morning, looking for some info - after 30+ pages, I still didn't find all I was searching for... too much chit-chat in info threads, links (I'm easily distracted LOL) & now my eyes are crossed and my pocketbook is lighter. It's not a safe place for me. :)

AAnthemYVI

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
NM just vaping on this new juice I got from a guy from Ohio its really good

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wouldnt say its hard, but Its not 'plug and play' either. Most every flavor out there requires its own individual percentage to taste right TO YOU. Most flavors need some back up and are not great by themselves, so this compounds the trial and error process. It also depends on the device your using, big airflow sub ohm rda's taste different than small cartomizers. Like I said, its all trial and error in what you like.

However, its not as bad as it sounds. Everyone has flavors they like to vape, so buy flavorings with a reputation for tasting good. When finding your first diy flavors, do lots of research, see what others like and see what others hate Since everything is new to you, you wont know until you try them.
We have a great DIY liquid section here with very experienced mixers who are willing to share their mixes and tricks.

I am always happy to help people who are starting out. If you have any questions about getting started, shoot me a PM and ill try to guide you in the right direction.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been reading this thread on my way to work (I'm up to page thirty) and have enjoyed it. I was just wondering if it was still alive.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good morning Huck. Oops, it's daylight out there now. I've gotta be breaking an unwritten Late Night rule. I have a thirty minute bus trip to and from work so I save long threads to my Nexus 7 in the form of a pdf and read them while traveling. Can't listen to the music posted, but that's okay. I lost my interest in music back when the Bee Gees first appeared and ruined radio.

I' m rambling. Thanks for answering my question.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
25r30wi.gif

No unwritten rules in Late Night. This was always a fun place. I didn't post in it much, but I always read it daily and got a smile at the very least. It's a fun place. I'm glad to see it getting some love.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
25r30wi.gif

No unwritten rules in Late Night. This was always a fun place. I didn't post in it much, but I always read it daily and got a smile at the very least. It's a fun place. I'm glad to see it getting some love.
I love that emoticon. It's the first time I've seen it.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
He's here on page 2. Some fun ones. I didn't download anything. Years ago when I tried that, it totally effed up my PC.
meatballs.gif
Thanks Cookie Monster.

I've been online since way before the internet and my computer is well protected. I download without worrying about it. I hope the emoticon works clicking post now.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And the "home from work late cuz my bosses pay no attention" people, too.
putertired.gif
Oh that sux for sure! Much more fun to be mixin'. Hope you get outta there soon.

I did mix a bit earlier... a tobacco vape that will need to sit a week or so. Taste buds are not playing nice today so went on a kinda vaping diet. Good old sinus clearing menthol, then will try unflavored tomorrow at work.

Will a couple days be long enough to get over this vape tongue thing? Usually just changing up flavors gets me through, but not today.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh, I'm home now, thankfully.

I try to stay hydrated, always, for one. On occasion, I still get it for a day or so and it's frustrating as hell. But, the best thing I know for it is time and ultra hydrating. I've tried soooo many methods in the past. Nothing worked for me but time. I have one flavor that I can taste pretty well when it happens, so I stick to that one for a while. If I can't taste that one, I wanna cry. I hate vape tongue.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
P.S. I know this will sound weird, but it does help out. I also use Saline Nasal Spray pretty regularly. That also seems to help out. Vaping will dehydrate ya, fo sho.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yah, its no fun at all. Been drinking plenty of water but no joy, so will wait til tomorrow night and see.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lol, those things just flat weird me out! Wife has one around here somewhere that she uses when she gets a cold, but seems like voluntary waterboarding to me!

Have you tried it to get rid of vapers tongue?
Yup... well, no - I use it to keep vaper's tongue away. But I bet it would work. And it does feel like you're waterboarding yourself a little bit the first time you do it, but that's mostly nerves, I think. It becomes almost enjoyable, especially if you manage to blow out a big glob of nose-phlegm. Gross but true!

Just plain menthol seems to help, too, for vaper's tongue--or if I'm sick. But that's pretty old news I ugess. Ooof, sleepytime for me.

Oh, I read you can take short whiffs of coffee beans or pencil shavings, too--the short whiffness part is important. has something to do with kicking out the molecules that are clogging the olfacotry receptors and replacing them--but hopefully not re-clogging them. Sweet dreams, all.

PS: Here's a goofy little article full of potentially useful hearsay someone wrote on a vendor's blog: "Vaper's Tongue and How to Fix It"

Last edited:

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Late nights I am most likely stoned retarded and staying hydrated can be challenging... splash of juice to the tongue is a short path to vape tongue as well ime

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been doing a little experiment to see if VZSC Blackberry and ECX Flavors Express Blackberry are indeed one and the same. I read that they were, but the VZ blackberry is one of my most used flavoring lately. Not that I don't believe everything I read on the internet but...lol. They seem almost exactly the same to me, the ECX one seems a little tiny bit less concentrated and may have a different carrier. Or that may be why it seems less, PG vs alcohol. Pretty happy about that, it's waaaay less $.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Things I've read to try and have:
Pickles (nope)
Pickle juice (nope)
Strong coffee (almost always have this next to me, anyway - worked only momentarily)
Pepsi/Coke (something about the strong fizz and letting it stay in your mouth a minute, like Pepsi or Coke, worked only momentarily)
Salt water swished around the mouth (nope)
Smelling strong coffee (beans or ground - did nothing)
Crackers (nope)
Strong mouthwash (nope)
Biotene (nope)
Tongue brushing (part of good oral hygiene anyway, but hasn't helped me for vape tongue Tried it with baking soda, too)
Lemon juice (nope)

What has worked - staying hydrated, a rotation of flavors. I've never had it last more than a couple days, but those couple days are quite grueling not being able to taste my vape. I don't get it often, but I have had it maybe 3 times in the last 1.5yrs.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've been doing a little experiment to see if VZSC Blackberry and ECX Flavors Express Blackberry are indeed one and the same. I read that they were, but the VZ blackberry is one of my most used flavoring lately. Not that I don't believe everything I read on the internet but...lol. They seem almost exactly the same to me, the ECX one seems a little tiny bit less concentrated and may have a different carrier. Or that may be why it seems less, PG vs alcohol. Pretty happy about that, it's waaaay less $.
So, you like the Blackberry. I've always wondered if blackberry is a good vape. Good info. Thanks!

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pickles (nope)
Pickle juice (nope)
Strong coffee (almost always have this next to me, anyway - worked only momentarily)
Pepsi/Coke (something about the strong fizz and letting it stay in your mouth a minute, like Pepsi or Coke, worked only momentarily)
Crackers (nope)
Strong mouthwash (nope)
Biotene (nope)
Tongue brushing (part of good oral hygiene anyway, but hasn't helped me for vape tongue Tried it with baking soda, too)
Lemon juice (nope)

What has worked - staying hydrated, a rotation of flavors. I've never had it last more than a couple days, but those couple days are quite grueling not being able to taste my vape. I don't get it often, but I have had it maybe 3 times in the last 1.5yrs.
Taking this post out of context with the few previous posts, I thought OMG! The woman never had a pickle??? lol
'Scuse me while I go get rid of this brain fuzz...
I too have a daily rotation of 3 (at least). If one starts to get tasteless, I go opposite. Something fruity to a tobacco usually works well.

And yes, it's the best blackberry I've found (for me anyway), not candy or perfume. It was a unicorn, like your banana or my strawberry. I put a couple drops of blackcurrent to bump the tartness and sometimes some INW Biscuit or FA Apple Pie/Cookie, maybe some FA Vienna too. Like a blackberry cobbler.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Y'all are sick, I tell you...sick. And not in the new fangled way the words being used today. Next thing you know you'll be suggesting a tiny roto-rooter with ball bearing heads to massage the passages. :p

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Taking this post out of context with the few previous posts, I thought OMG! The woman never had a pickle??? lol
'Scuse me while I go get rid of this brain fuzz...

LOLOLOL!! Yeah, I can see how that'd be odd.

And yes, it's the best blackberry I've found (for me anyway), not candy or perfume. It was a unicorn, like your banana or my strawberry. I put a couple drops of blackcurrent to bump the tartness and sometimes some INW Biscuit or FA Apple Pie/Cookie, maybe some FA Vienna too. Like a blackberry cobbler.

Oh thank you! Gooood info. I'll have to add that one to my ever-growing list.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Blackberry is one flavoring I've still never tried. And I have an unopened bottle of FA too, lol.

With the VZSC Blackberry, what's a good % to start with as a standalone? I've only tried SC tobaccos so far and each one are good between 1 - 2%.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pickles (nope)
Pickle juice (nope)
Crackers (nope)
Strong mouthwash (nope)
Biotene (nope)
Lemon juice (nope)

Have you tried plain menthol juice for a day? It worked wonders for me when I was sick a couple of months ago. I couldn't vape at all at first, which--well, you can only imagine what an extreme situation it has to be for me to totally forgo nicotine! For a few days I had the opposite of vaper's tongue in that everything (food, vapes, people, everything) tasted and smelled awful, just totally offensive and horrible. Then it switched and I couldn't taste anything--except menthol, which was quite soothing! When I was feeling better and started adding flavor in a bit at a time, it was like I was a vape-virgin again :)

I also drink Medallia beer with Goya Picante sauce and limone juice sometimes and have noticed it always makes my vapes taste brighter.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Y'all are sick, I tell you...sick. And not in the new fangled way the words being used today. Next thing you know you'll be suggesting a tiny roto-rooter with ball bearing heads to massage the passages. :p

aaaaannd THIS was the first post that popped up on my screen when I came to see what you night owls were up to.
Taken totally out of context, this sounds...uh...like something you probably didn't mean.
lol

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
aaaaannd THIS was the first post that popped up on my screen when I came to see what you night owls were up to.
Taken totally out of context, this sounds...uh...like something you probably didn't mean.
lol
Oops.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think I'm going to stick to recipes.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good morning! Glad to see this thread alive! I'll pop in more often. :-D

Off to install new toilets bowls

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Blackberry is a main ingredient in a tobacco mix I just made. Plus another fruity mix I bed making for a while. Yum

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I've been collecting more and more Flavors Express to try them out, and some were marked down.
Don't think I could find the Blackberry last time tho, as they were oos.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a lot of the tobaccos. Bull city vapor stated they are going to carry the super-concentrated. I am assuming Roundhouse means ecx or vz version.
Pretty sure it will be the VZ stuff. I have a few of the SC tobaccos as well and really like them. Especially the French Pipe!

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The French Pipe is really good. I like Captain and Cigar with SC grape for a cigarillo flavor.
Ah, have not yet tried the Captain but looking forward to it. I hope that one is available when BCV goes live with the SC line of flavors.

VU Sponsors