Become a Patron!

Late Night in DIYland, take II

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What other things are you adding to the icecream base? What do you have to work with?
Not really adding anything other than what I mentioned above. I have several fruity flavorings that I will maybe try to mix with the vanilla ice cream flavoring and see if I can come up with something nice. If all else fails I will come up with an ry4 mix and see how that comes out. But the vanilla ice cream by itself has yet to come out good. In fact it comes out rather gross and practically unvapable.
The problem may be something as simple as I really only like fruit vapes. And a few tobacco....W/fruit

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not really adding anything other than what I mentioned above. I have several fruity flavorings that I will maybe try to mix with the vanilla ice cream flavoring and see if I can come up with something nice. If all else fails I will come up with an ry4 mix and see how that comes out. But the vanilla ice cream by itself has yet to come out good. In fact it comes out rather gross and practically unvapable.
The problem may be something as simple as I really only like fruit vapes. And a few tobacco....W/fruit
If it's TFA Vanilla Ice Cream, then this is understandable. I have never been able to make it play nice. It's just P.U.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Which icecream base do you have that you're working with? @Fishee I'm wondering what it's like on its own? Very dry like most desserts tend to be, at least to me, if that's the case I'd add things like brown sugar or something like that and treat the icecream base like a cream flavor as an accent to a fruity flavor, using less of the icecream and more of the fruit or whatever else you're mixing it with. Treating the icecream base like a whipped cream/sweet cream type base.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What the hell is my cat doing? Whatever.... At least my NF Plum/Apricot mix turned out well...
Smokey_Dog_Ball.png
Everyday!!! Mine does the same thing and then wants to play fetch.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Honestly I have no clue, however I should note that you can can things in jars that are acidic and that would eat the metal of a canning jar ring. The inside of the jar is a red non-latex rubber gasket (I think its silicone), and a plastic liner (center part). So in theory you should be safe. Except that glass can break. Though they make plastic canning jars that are for things like freezer jam that have a screw on lid and don't break.
Welcome to diyland Frawg. Ask anything, tell anything, enjoy. Cats are welcome too.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
After all this he/she relationship chit chat, I'm seeing that I may be doing things wrong. What you're saying is that everything is mine? And he's supposed to say yes dear? Hmmmm. Interdasting.

LOL

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Occasionally swapped with "sorry"
After all this he/she relationship chit chat, I'm seeing that I may be doing things wrong. What you're saying is that everything is mine? And he's supposed to say yes dear? Hmmmm. Interdasting.

After 20+ years of marriage, I am ALLOWED my side of the bed (as long as she's happy, and HER GOOD couch isn't an option!) and a shed out back (until she finds she needs more storage space!). Now, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade a day for the freedom of actually owning a piece of the property that has my name on the deed. However, If MOMMA AIN'T HAPPY, AIN'T NOBODY HAPPY! So in conclusion, I would just like to follow up with.......Yes Dear! And, if he doesn't go along with it, remember it's half up front, plus lawyer fees, plus half the retirement, and half of all property. It's cheaper to give my whole paycheck every payday than to pay half!

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh noes... Whose life have we ruined! LoL, jk.

Sent from the Otter Box around my Galaxy S4.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just realized something. I realized that ever since I started commenting in vaping forums, I use way too many exclamation marks and start way too many comments with "I just realized..."

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Chowder, are you a night owl too?

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Chowder, are you a night owl too?

Work graves. So, I'm not a night owl, I'm an all nighter! Add the family in there and it tends to be more like a 24 hour type of guy! I'll get enough sleep in the pine box!

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
(Sorry to double post, but....) Running through the threads at 0247 at night reminded me of a Floyd song: "Is there anybody out there?"

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Going to work during summer break blows. I just realized this btw.

Good one guys! Got a good laugh.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which icecream base do you have that you're working with?
I believe it is Flavor West. I got it from Mt Baker Vapor.
It's hard to describe what it taste like on its own. Almost like a gross tobacco.
I do like your suggestions on how to use it though. I'm sure there is some combination out there waiting for me to discover it and when I do I'll love it and have use for the vanilla ice cream. Maybe I should get some root beer flavoring and try for a root beer float. That kinda sounds good actually.
One thing I do know for sure is that it is not good on its own and it is very strong and very little will be needed in whatever mix experiments I'm going to try.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you FP for that earworm. lol I hope it doesn't stay as long as the last one. California Love for 6 days straight. Shake it Cali.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you FP for that earworm. lol I hope it doesn't stay as long as the last one. California Love for 6 days straight. Shake it Cali.
You're coming to Cali?!?!?!? Where???

That's where I am! You can meet #4!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I believe it is Flavor West. I got it from Mt Baker Vapor.
It's hard to describe what it taste like on its own. Almost like a gross tobacco.
I do like your suggestions on how to use it though. I'm sure there is some combination out there waiting for me to discover it and when I do I'll love it and have use for the vanilla ice cream. Maybe I should get some root beer flavoring and try for a root beer float. That kinda sounds good actually.
One thing I do know for sure is that it is not good on its own and it is very strong and very little will be needed in whatever mix experiments I'm going to try.
Word around town is that Mt. Baker no longer uses FW. Friend of the owner mentioned this awhile back, but I can neither confirm nor deny it with evidence.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's 9:45pm EST on WNET "Late Night DIY" with your host, Cramptholomew. Here at Late Night Station WNET, we have some Tred Avon playing the PG Blues coming up in a little while. So sit back, relax, and let the smooth sounds of steeping sooth your weary soul.

Attachments

• IMG_20140717_215547.jpg
    IMG_20140717_215547.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 20

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cats...oh I have cats, cats and more cats. I run an unofficial cat rescue. We have 31 in the house right now - yes we know that's a lot. We've foster failed a few of them and they'll be with us furever, but many of "ours" are looking for furever homes, though we'll continue to keep & care for them until they're re-homed, regardless. The rescue's fan page is in my sig links as Reven's Rescue. There's a kitty sharing thread here: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/pet-pics-cats-share-your-cats-other-pet-pics-here.1795 - I try not to share too many because 31 indoor rescued & about 14 ferals = a lot of cats. I don't have photos of all of them but most I have at least one or two. Some just don't sit still enough, others are more photogenic and will pose forever.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't know what game this is, but once I saw all the blasts from the pasts, I felt like I was in a time warp. Then, I had to edit my post to include the song. Wait...so what game is this? I don't think I know the rules.

It's night time? The sun is still out.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is there a theme going on here that I don't see? I sorta kinda just woke up from a nap, but I might always be this way.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It was a spontaneous game of music poker

VU Sponsors