Late Night in DIYland, take II

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good Morning, Claire. Starting my day about the same; on my second cup now.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good morning! I need to get up, but the animals have me boxed in.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good Morning, Claire. Starting my day about the same; on my second cup now.

Hey FP. have a great Sunday! I'm probably making my way over to hippie shop a little later. TOH works till 6.

It sure is a hot one out there but looks like tues is going to bring us fall weather haha

vaping one day at a time

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey RPjr -

Keep the noise down or make some coffee! Us old pharts are still trying to sleep in!!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Should I call you RocketDuck from now-on? ;)
Lol. I went on a walk a few weeks ago, and this guy wouldn't leave me alone.

Hey, do you want me to contact Bri? I'm displeased that they sent the package not to your liking.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone else watching the FIFA Argentina vs. Germany game?

Gooo Germany!

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yayyye for Germany. I'm not an actual soccer fan. My other half is. So, this is my supportive gesture ;)

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yayyye for Germany. I'm not an actual soccer fan. My other half is. So, this is my supportive gesture ;)
Lol. You're very supportive of TOH, but that's the wrong team. =P

Last edited:

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh geez. Do you ever wake up with a headache? Ugh. Yuck

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Spent a couple of hours yesterday hanging out at a local vape shop with jay-bo the owner of TOBH. Have to say he is a really cool nice guy. He has a genuine interest in the community, not just here to make a buck. Just from that there will be no TOBH clones for me.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Spent a couple of hours yesterday hanging out at a local vape shop with jay-bo the owner of TOBH. Have to say he is a really cool nice guy. He has a genuine interest in the community, not just here to make a buck. Just from that there will be no TOBH clones for me.
Are ya getting one? I can't see myself spending that kind of money for anything other than a battery.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some new products coming soon so going to wait and see what they are before I decide but probably yes.
Are ya getting one? I can't see myself spending that kind of money for anything other than a battery.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If anyone is interested, just saw this. They have TPA, FW, Ella's, and NF.

9ubegade.jpg

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lol. I went on a walk a few weeks ago, and this guy wouldn't leave me alone.

Hey, do you want me to contact Bri? I'm displeased that they sent the package not to your liking.

My parents have ducks in their back yard from the lake just behind them. :)

Don't worry. It was just six larger caps mixed in among the smaller ones. So it was six of one size and 42 of another. Minor inconvenience.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What's a TOBH?

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dripping atomizer. Realize it was a little random for this thread, but I have Monday brain.

Ah. got it. Thanks! :)

I use Clearos, so I had no idea. :">

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dripping atomizer. Realize it was a little random for this thread, but I have Monday brain.
This thread isn't about anything in particular =)

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@other diy enthusiasts. I have a slump in my diy adventures. I can't find the time to mix or I put it off till I run out. I'm thinking I need help. :) My job has left me with a lack of oomp. It doesn't help I have to wait for everyone to go to sleep. I also have to lock the cats out of my clean area.
Do not let their curiosity kill em. It's interesting that so many of us have cats. Very curious.

I totally know about the slump, but mine's a bit different. Sometimes, no matter what I'm mixing, it just comes out blah. Just for those occasions, I've made multitudes of mls of my edv. Before doing that, I ran out a few times and kept mixing yuckiness, and I was too tempted to smoke.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No cats here and the pups live with their mom because somehow i kinda sorta moved into an apartment that doesn't allow animals. Oops
Lol. I have dogs too, but I noticed that a lot of us have cats.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh, my cats will never get around my diy stuff. I treat them the same as children. They know how to open cabinets. Right now, most of my diy stuff is in a mini refrigerator and plastic tool boxes. I'm still waiting on cabinets but I will have to place a child safety lock on it. (Due to the cats ability to open doors.) I have some tobacco (Hangsen and bakers) I mixed them together to see what would happen. I think the baker's brand is Tabicum?

I need to mix enough to last through-tout the summer. I might have to force myself to do so.
One of my cats, actually the one in my avatar, is way too smart. He can open doors with knobs, windows, pick things up with his paw very human-like, fetch... He's in the process of getting a job. He's disappointed though because he wanted to work at a restaurant, but they said he'd have to wear a hair net. He refuses to shave.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Artemis it must be in the air. I kinda have to force me self to mix too. As much as I'm enjoying DIY, I'm just not feeling much of anything right now. A funk I guess. I hate my job, I'm always exhausted... As much as I've come to enjoy the people in the forum, I haven't even wanted to post till I read Rockets headache post and your post, too. This too shall pass.

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm a nurse and regret it at times. I love my job and patients. I just dislike management. In return it makes the job feel like I'm going to a battlefield.

@rocket I don't know if I could ever be a teacher. I did home school my son from 4th to 7th grade.
I could never be a mother, but something just works for me in the classroom. I also could never be a nurse. I commend you. I think the two jobs are very similar. No day is the same nor what may or may not happen. You'd be surprised with how much bureaucracy there is teaching and coming from people who have little classroom experience. It's ridiculous that we're told what do to and how to be better by people who have never experienced being in a room full of 35 - 16 year olds. Luckily, I can close my door and focus on the students.
I imagine management telling nurses to conserve gowns and other supplies but take no account for reality. Rant over...I think.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm a nurse and regret it at times. I love my job and patients. I just dislike management. In return it makes the job feel like I'm going to a battlefield.

@rocket I don't know if I could ever be a teacher. I did home school my son from 4th to 7th grade.
Hopefully, you make more than I do.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can't have cats. Every time I pet one it bites me. They'll be all up in my face, purring, acting all sweet and everything so I scritch the cute little kitty behind the ears when all of a sudden CHOMP. WTH? They must know I'm a dog person at heart.

I get headaches in the morning when I eat something sugary or chocolatey too close to bed time. Like a hangover without having any fun. Blech.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mine have to be attributed to allergies. At least they've never found anything wrong. Stress too. Man we must all work for the same people! Management is terrible here, as well.

Thanks for letting me vent y'all. Whew!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
And btw, I have 2 cats, as well as the 7 month old puppy.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Puppy!!! Is it fluffy? There is just nothing better than a puppy and ice cream...as long as the puppy doesn't eat the ice cream.

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
...You'd be surprised with how much bureaucracy there is teaching and coming from people who have little classroom experience. It's ridiculous that we're told what do to and how to be better by people who have never experienced being in a room full of 35 - 16 year olds. Luckily, I can close my door and focus on the students.

Ain't that the truth. My wife is a teacher, and that's her single biggest complaint.

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Recommended summertime reading: The Peter Principle: Why Things Always Go Wrong

I read this book before most of you were born. It is both funny and educational. Also, it explains a lot of upper management mysteries... Now I know how that dumbass got that job!

There are some copies available on eBay. It is available as a downloadable ebook. I found it in several places free. Use Google.

Attachments

• peterprinciple2.jpg
    peterprinciple2.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years