Become a Patron!

Late Night in DIYland, take II

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@ClaireW my x had her thyroid removed for the same reason. Not a huge scar bit enough that I got to call her my pez dispenser. (So surprised she's my ex). The biggest problem was balance with medication after. Make sure she tells her doctor everything , appetite,tired, cranky, wiweird pains. It's amazing how much is affected by that gland.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh geez. I posted and then fell asleep. There's so much to respond to. Maybe I'll just take a nap first.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
[QUOTE="ClaireW, post: 23336, member: 4518"

On a diff note
It's been a crazy past couple of days. In short my 75 yr old mom was told 4 weeks ago she has thyroid cancer. While very treatable usually. At first it was going to be the removal of thyroid and some nodules behind it. After many scans the mass is larger than first thought. Which instead of just a small incision in neck - her chest needs to be open a few inches at bottom of neck area. Its a risky surgery but still very treatable after.

No sympathies are needed. She's dealing with this in an amazing way. To her its a process she has to go thru.

But for anyone reading! Im saying this because dr said this mass has been growing for years. Because many of us abused our body for years with tobacco -- I just want to say early detection can save lives!

While its not The easiest type of cancer to detect it was a routine check of carotid artery that showed something abnormal. Which promted dr to keep testing.

Ok I'm done. Please go on with your regularly scheduled programming. :-D

vaping one day at a time[/QUOTE]

What a coincidence - my daughter's father, who is 70, has also been diagnosed with this cancer, and is scheduled for surgery next week. But as far as we know, he just needs the small incision. Hope all goes well for your mom!

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm hoping for some Vapemail today. Should be some more VT nic and more FA flavors. :)

Then, later this week or early next week, Vapemail from RP! :D

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sadly, no vapemail for me today. Saturday will be the only day this week and then it's only batteries and bottles.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm hoping for some Vapemail today. Should be some more VT nic and more FA flavors. :)

Then, later this week or early next week, Vapemail from RP! :D
VT nic!!! You'll have to let us know whatcha think.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I really want to try it, but I have too much nic already. I don't want to fall in love and still have 3 liters. And yes, I may have ordered too much, but the laws in CA were going to restrict online sales. I had to prepare for vapemagedden.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah the joys of living on the left coast. If it wasn't for the weather it would be best for all if we sawed it off at the state line and let it sink.
It'll be OK tho the politicians will be the 2nd ones against the wall when the revolution comes.
I really want to try it, but I have too much nic already. I don't want to fall in love and still have 3 liters. And yes, I may have ordered too much, but the laws in CA were going to restrict online sales. I had to prepare for vapemagedden.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a small amount of WL nic n the freezer, but I gave in and ordered a liter of VT.....now I'm done :)

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
VT nic!!! You'll have to let us know whatcha think.

This will be my second VT order. ;)

What I had would have lasted me a couple of years, but then my husband started vaping. Then I became a little paranoid about vapemageddon, so I ordered another 240ml. This is on top of the 120ml of WL nic that I have in my freezer that I may never use (it's been cut, though).

With my next check I may order even more. :eek:

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm working on a secret vaping-related project. :D

I'll be able to release some details once I get a few scripts written. Unfortunately, I don't know how long that will take.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ooooo, top secret stuff. Now I'm curious and going to try guessing what it could be...

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I *think* I have more Vapemail coming today, but my second delivery of VT nic arrived. :)

I'm pretty sure he'll be coming around with the rest of our mail later. I hope my FA order is in there somewhere! I wanna try new flavors!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm working on a secret vaping-related project. :D

I'll be able to release some details once I get a few scripts written. Unfortunately, I don't know how long that will take.
Really? Ya had to tell us? I've turned into a teenager again. I must know!!!...but I'll wait.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah the joys of living on the left coast. If it wasn't for the weather it would be best for all if we sawed it off at the state line and let it sink.
It'll be OK tho the politicians will be the 2nd ones against the wall when the revolution comes.
I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Politicians are everywhere. Yucky people are everywhere. I have the ocean and mountains within two miles. =)

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The outside bottles were sonic'd earlier for 3 x 3 minute cycles. The inside bottle was just mixed, and shaken for about 10 seconds. Now it's in the cleaner, and will be featured again in 10 minutes.
I don't want to say it, but that's not me. From that picture, it all looks the same to me, though it could be because I'm a dog.

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you! I was 8 years active Navy (That's and acronym: Never Again Volunteer Yourself....hehe!), during the Gulf War Desert Storm/Shield. And yes, I do have A LOT of stories from that period of my life! However, most of them include alcohol of some sort. Now only if I could remember what happened in those stories?????......

I knew that there was something likeable about you!

I spent Jan 64 thru Sept 73 in our NAVY. I still remember the "Acey-Duecy" club opened at 10am - daily! Beer was 15¢ a mug and 25¢ a pitcher. Bacardi and coke's were also a quarter... Go-Go girls at lunchtime and new ones at happy hour. Full band from 8 - 12 almost every night. Dinner for 2 was around $5.00.

I spent the last 3 years on shore duty where I got to enjoy this. The prior time I spent riding a round bottom destroyer all over the Med.

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I may get a milk frother when I start doing big DIY projects, but for now I'm only mixing 10-30ml at a time, or 50ml for a flavor I know is right on point.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I knew that there was something likeable about you!

I spent Jan 64 thru Sept 73 in our NAVY. I still remember the "Acey-Duecy" club opened at 10am - daily! Beer was 15¢ a mug and 25¢ a pitcher. Bacardi and coke's were also a quarter... Go-Go girls at lunchtime and new ones at happy hour. Full band from 8 - 12 almost every night. Dinner for 2 was around $5.00.

I spent the last 3 years on shore duty where I got to enjoy this. The prior time I spent riding a round bottom destroyer all over the Med.

Thank you for paving the way Sir! Thing we're a little more expensive when I was in: beer $0.50 pints, $3.00 pitchers, $4-5.00 cartons of cigs, westpac widows free (unless you got cought)! However, I spent 8 years sea duty. I was suppose to rotate to shore, but no billets were available. So, instead of spending another 4 on the pond, I got out to spend the rest of my life with the wife. No regrets though. I had a good time in the canoe club, and a great life with the wife of 20 years and 1 month.

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for paving the way Sir! Thing we're a little more expensive when I was in: beer $0.50 pints, $3.00 pitchers, $4-5.00 cartons of cigs, westpac widows free (unless you got cought)! However, I spent 8 years sea duty. I was suppose to rotate to shore, but no billets were available. So, instead of spending another 4 on the pond, I got out to spend the rest of my life with the wife. No regrets though. I had a good time in the canoe club, and a great life with the wife of 20 years and 1 month.

I got out for the same reason - back to sea for 12 more years... Nope. I was ready for civilian life, too. I did get to spend 3 years ashore as an instructor.

I forgot about the cigs... $2.00 a carton unless we were at sea. Then, $1.00 per carton. Yes, Mediterranean widows were the same price in Norfolk.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you RP Sr. and Chowder for your service! My dad was in the Navy. My nephew has been in 6 years. He's either getting out in December or going career.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone tried Tetra Vape's flavors? Good, bad, terrible?

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I appreciate your kind words.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just looked. Never heard of them before. Is it all pre-made?

Yeah, it's pre-made :( I still like the look of their Golden Plum flavor, I may grab it and use it to mix.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, it's pre-made :( I still like the look of their Golden Plum flavor, I may grab it and use it to mix.
I could smell that black cherry you sent all night. I may have to add a few drops to my shampoo.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got out for the same reason - back to sea for 12 more years... Nope. I was ready for civilian life, too. I did get to spend 3 years ashore as an instructor.

I forgot about the cigs... $2.00 a carton unless we were at sea. Then, $1.00 per carton. Yes, Mediterranean widows were the same price in Norfolk.

Glad to see that some things don't change from east to west! However, sometimes free was a little more expensive than I wanted to pay!

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Alright floks, going to be another long night till 7 am PST. Who else is up for the duration?

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm here now, but you asked almost four hours ago. Been playing some League.

Edit: Just got done changing my sig to have a link to my recipe page. /woot

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm here now, but you asked almost four hours ago. Been playing some League.

Edit: Just got done changing my sig to have a link to my recipe page. /woot
Yeah, I'm still going stong, just busy. Sorry it took so long to repost! Only the two of us huh?

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also, nicely done link and recies page! I might be stealing some of those! Brahahahahahah.....

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My next move is to post a new thread with my current list of flavors, asking people for new flavor suggestions. Probably won't receive much buzz right now, but I can check it later on.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You have been skimming the recipes threads on the DIY section, right? Lots os suggestions already there for the taking!

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
YAY! My Zenith clone came in..... to China. Now, with any luck, it'll be here in 2 weeks.
You have been skimming the recipes threads on the DIY section, right? Lots os suggestions already there for the taking!
I've been looking there to plan out my next order, with what sounds good. I was mainly looking for tailor-made recipes for the small stock I currently have.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
YAY! My Zenith clone came in..... to China. Now, with any luck, it'll be here in 2 weeks.

I've been looking there to plan out my next order, with what sounds good. I was mainly looking for tailor-made recipes for the small stock I currently have.

I hear ya. Now, what to do with that huckelberry that is unvapable by itself?????????

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I skipped the step where I vaped each flavor by itself, in favor of just diving into complex recipes. I'm pretty sure I've used all of my flavors by now, and none of them have been terrible.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I skipped the step where I vaped each flavor by itself, in favor of just diving into complex recipes. I'm pretty sure I've used all of my flavors by now, and none of them have been terrible.

I don't believe you! Send me a sample of all your creations and Prove It!.................................No? Well it was worth a try, go figure.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Expecting more Vapemail today.

MORE GLASS BOTTLES!

And my second order of flavors from last week. Actually, I'm expecting my first order from last week today. My second arrived yesterday. :/

I should also be getting more syringes and blunt-tip needles.

Now I need to figure out a glass solution for my 12ml bottles of FA flavors. I think I'll put them in 15ml bottles.

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yay! My Zenith shipped from FastTech! Along with my cloud drip tip (65mm) and my mood drip tips. (Thumb up for one, bird up on the other, both glow in the dark)

Sent from the Otter Box around my Galaxy S4.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Um...to be honest, I'm not sure if I've actually saved any money yet from vaping instead of smoking.

I'm sure I'll get there eventually, but I've kinda been on a spending-spree.

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yep yep. Been doing this for awhile and still spending =(. Must have every flavor!!!

I know what you mean... I buy TFA this week, and find several new recipes using FA... and so it goes.

But, this is still cheaper than hanging around bars chasing women every day - and almost as much fun. Besides that, I smell better!!!

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Expecting more Vapemail today.

MORE GLASS BOTTLES!

And my second order of flavors from last week. Actually, I'm expecting my first order from last week today. My second arrived yesterday. :/

I should also be getting more syringes and blunt-tip needles.

Now I need to figure out a glass solution for my 12ml bottles of FA flavors. I think I'll put them in 15ml bottles.

Glass Bottles didn't arrive today. I misread the UPS notice I got. They arrive tomorrow (Friday).

I'm hoping my new syringes get here tomorrow, too. The markings on a couple of mine are starting to disappear.

Other than that, much research going on with my secret project. :)

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glass Bottles didn't arrive today. I misread the UPS notice I got. They arrive tomorrow (Friday).

I'm hoping my new syringes get here tomorrow, too. The markings on a couple of mine are starting to disappear.

Other than that, much research going on with my secret project. :)
I love research. It's one of my few talents, beyond petting cats.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
.....But, this is still cheaper than hanging around bars chasing women every day - and almost as much fun. Besides that, I smell better!!!

Better than the bars or the women????

VU Sponsors