Become a Patron!

Looking for recommendations

Tony Stark

Member For 4 Years
Whats up VU? I have a quick question for you all. I have a Wismec RX 2/3 on the way and I am looking for recommendations on tanks and RTAs. I know that they have the shorter 510 connection so I'm not 100% sure on which brands and tanks/rta's will be best suited to the mod. I had a Cuboid and really enjoyed it but I was unaware of the shorter 510 connection and it wound up crapping the bed and I'd like to avoid that again if possible with this new device. Any and all recommendations are appreciated and welcomed. Thanks in advance and have a great holiday!!

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow identical name and avatar to a friend from another forum who's no longer with is! Talk about a shock moment for a second.

Anyways it's all about what you prefer, tank wise I'd suggest a smok cloud beast(TFV8) and rda I'm partial to the Goon 24mm and the kennedy 24mm is a great flavor RDA. Both have clones out so you don't have to pay the price of authenticate ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can get tank guards for them that will allow tanks with longer 510s to fit no problem an not mess or jam the 510 up , i use all my tanks on mine , Kfv5 3 days battery on rx2/3 in 2 mode ,
Or supreme 25mm ,
Ud bellus RTA , + v2 25mm (only a few have since prototype,) Cloudnus RDTA 25mm, Tf gt v3 ,
Obs Engine RTA 25mm looks great
Aug vape merlin RTA,
Aug vape 25mm,
Boreas RTA, 25mm
Billow v3 plus
,Griffin 25mm plus,
Cthulhu v3 Rta, 25/26mm

Over hang on the last two being 30mm
Sherman RTA
Mod father rta
But all work fine
The RX 2/3 is a great little mod
Pictured at front led down , nuce with a case on , even better with a fat daddy v4 low profile 510 installed ,
2d2071630f382cd2b500eb2f83bf5724.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just dont screw down tanks tight you only need a connection not welded to it like some do ,
f4f41c5c18708f86255bec68619481cf.jpg

But these help the longer 510s from ruing the 510 pin inside the RX

Tony Stark

Member For 4 Years
Thank you all for the input. I've looked into the guards and found them on kidney punch so I'll be ordering some from there. I've had my eyes on the tfv8, crown, cylin and the limitless plus but will look at all the recommendations.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tf8 is the tank supposedly that has caused most the problems I believe ,

Theres loads of threads online about rx 510 problems an that tank has s longer 510 ,

So you would be best to use them mod guards deffo with that tank especially ,
Others dont need them since has 4-5 mm long 510 threads off the bottoms wheres tf8 can be a lot longer , ,

but as long as you know this and dont screw it down overly tight all should work ,

Some rta,s an such dont make a connection with the guards ,
So these are shorter one,s ,
It is a great mod good chip nice function TC am SS tc works very well , nice compact in 2 mode. But they did cut corner using cheap 510.
Shame with a good 510 installed its one of the best cheap devices around , , if you get the opportunity though for some one to swap it over at low cost get it done wel worth while since you wont have any more worries

Tony Stark

Member For 4 Years
Definitely considering having someone swap the pin. I think one of the guys at my local B&M does it so I'm going to see what he says. Maybe he can fix my Cuboid too

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you all for the input. I've looked into the guards and found them on kidney punch so I'll be ordering some from there. I've had my eyes on the tfv8, crown, cylin and the limitless plus but will look at all the recommendations.
Crown is a good tank, lousy RTA. Kinda the same for the TFV8. I've passed on the Cylin because it looks like a leak fest. I love my Limitless RDTAs. If you're looking for a decent all around, leak free RTA, consider the Engine. In fact, I've had good luck with most OBS RTAs... Crius, Crius Plus...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Crown is a good tank, lousy RTA. Kinda the same for the TFV8. I've passed on the Cylin because it looks like a leak fest. I love my Limitless RDTAs. If you're looking for a decent all around, leak free RTA, consider the Engine. In fact, I've had good luck with most OBS RTAs... Crius, Crius Plus...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
  • Crown I - Great tank, RBA deck takes some practice but once you get it it's works great. Best luck I've had is with a 2mm di coil just above the air hole. To wick it fluff the cotton out and cut at a 45 deg angle up from the base. Put the cap on then place the cotton dry. Once the cotton is placed then juice the coil. No leaks, no dry hits and with a 30x2/36 SS fused clapton really killer flavor and vape
  • Crown II - Another good tank, RBA is easier to build on and also works great, I still prefer my original Crown though
  • Crius - Good RTA, Love, Love the top fill. Good flavor but small post holes and tight build deck, but very good flavor
  • Crius Plus - Excellent RTA and Vapor World has them on a blow out sale for $5 each, snag them when you can.
Griffin 25 Plus...'nuff said!

Nope, Crius Plus 25mm RTA is a better RTA, excellent air flow options and the top fill is brilliant. Geek Vape got the design for the deck, chamber and juice flow from the Crius.

VU Sponsors