Become a Patron!

Low to Mid-Range

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't taken a tally to see who's here and who's not, but the promo emails have dropped dramatically in the last couple days. I used to get em almost every time I refreshed my mail. Now only a few a day are showing up.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I haven't taken a tally to see who's here and who's not, but the promo emails have dropped dramatically in the last couple days. I used to get em almost every time I refreshed my mail. Now only a few a day are showing up.
I got a burst of them last weekend for Labor Day but since then I haven’t seen many either.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Happy to see you too Huck!
I see a few things have changed a bit and PayPal are being giant swollen dinguses
The planet hates us.

I got a small order to go through FT with Paypal just now, though. So far, it's sticking. I don't leave money in an account there, so we'll see how it goes.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The planet hates us.

I got a small order to go through FT with Paypal just now, though. So far, it's sticking. I don't leave money in an account there, so we'll see how it goes.
Curious to see how it’ll shake out.
My first thought was that maybe they’ll hit vendors who only sell vape gear and leave places like FT and gearworst alone. Those places will sell everything from dildos, and rubber duckies to vape gear.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

Mine is the experience same as yours- hardly any promos, sales and ads now at all in my email.
I see most of them on FB now.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Red Minikin, Lime Green Lustro. Bright and colorful are really not me, but I liked those.

Nice to try some color, you picked some nice ones- I am the opposite I guess- love the colorful mods and tanks. When I 1st started vaping anything you wanted to buy was pretty much silver and black, sometimes white- I was so glad when colorful mods and tanks came out, pretty much all I have now is colorful - lots of rainbows too.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The overall website is a mess to try to read on a cellphone. Not a fan of new format.-sorry a little frustrated with the pop up push spam and bouncing around webpage.

On a positive note. Today makes 5 years of vaping and not 1 single cigarette. And to think I tried vaping just so I could say it didn't work --- it works!!

Huge edit- my 5 years is November 20! Now I have to figure out what Anniversary is sept 20! - ugh.

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ohh, I meant to ask, for those that have shopped at IVS, do you consistently have issues making your purchase? I got that little buffering looking thing every time I tried to place an order, so I just stopped.
That happened to me with a hundred and some dollar order. It was when that site grew in popularity over night and had some great deals on older stuff. They took my money but there was no trace of my transaction on their website. I tried to bother them for a week strait and wasn't getting helped. I dug a little deeper and found their parent company. I forgot the name of it (Mayberry something?) but they had a valid phone number listed. I called and the guy had their IT guy look into it. Their site wasn't equipped to handle the volume of traffic and orders they started getting. The computer guy said it happened to 120 customers that he had to refund or whatever..

It took a while but I got my money back. Most of the stuff I ordered had sold out by the time I was reimbursed.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I took advantage of that sale. I've never ordered round wire there but got 500 feet of 36ga N80. I've been using a lot of that type and gauge.

Also ordered a few odd gauges of N80 like 25 & 27ga. I've never used odd number wires.

They have the new Wotofo Clapton NexMesh or whatever coils. I got a pack of those because people have been saying good things. It's not really even mesh. It's just little sections of squiggly clapton wire that you shape in an arc.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ordered a VV Mato. I don't know why but that big dumb looking thing kept calling me lol ? . I might try get a new Profile RDTA too but something else is at the top of my list. The new Aromamizer Supreme V3 is coming out very soon if it's not out already. The advanced version comes with 3 decks.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also ordered a few odd gauges of N80 like 25 & 27ga. I've never used odd number wires.
I have 25, 27, 29 and 37. Odd gauges can come in handy with mechs.

Wire Optim {formerly Lightning Vapes) has good wire. Nick Devine uses it in some of his videos too.

They had some spooling issues a few years ago, but got that sorted out quite nicely.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered from them Friday morning, 26 minutes later, I got a shipping notice and it's actually moving this way.
They've always been good to deal with for me.

Nobody has better customer service than Kidney Puncher though. Not just in the vaping world, but of any company I've ever dealt with.

I've had to talk to them on the phone a few timee and they treated me like I was a million dollar a year customer and we were dealing with a few bucks on orders I'd messed up or just a couple questions I had.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
@JustFrank and anyone else who's interested: Everzon has the Aromamizer Lite v1.5 starting at $16.49 for stainless, about $5 for shipping. Looked like a deal to me.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I ordered a VV Mato. I don't know why but that big dumb looking thing kept calling me lol ? . I might try get a new Profile RDTA too but something else is at the top of my list. The new Aromamizer Supreme V3 is coming out very soon if it's not out already. The advanced version comes with 3 decks.
I'm really excited for the V3, too. Nearly pre-ordered one the other day, but I was doing a test order to make sure it would go through with Paypal. I think they're available now, can't remember the date.

Nobody has better customer service than Kidney Puncher though. Not just in the vaping world, but of any company I've ever dealt with.
For me, that's DotMod. I had inquired about a replacement metal tube assembly for a squonk, they hooked me right up. Any questions or issues I've had, always cordial, going the extra mile to help you out. If you ever need them, Whitney is fantastic.

Wait... You ordered wire? I thought you were a tank girl.
Dude, you're the one that introduced me to the Goblin Mini that I used forever. I still have that, too. The only tanks I own came as kits and they're all in boxes, never used. I know people love their plug and plays for ease, and I totally get that, but buying coils gets super expensive in itself, unless you know Just Frank :giggle::giggle:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@JustFrank and anyone else who's interested: Everzon has the Aromamizer Lite v1.5 starting at $16.49 for stainless, about $5 for shipping. Looked like a deal to me.
This didn't successfully tag me but thanks for posting! I have two of them and they vape really, really good. I think Element charged me $45 or something like that for one.. I just ordered one of each from Everzon.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Couldn't help myself. I remembered that somewhere I'd seen a 20% off code at Wetvapes, plus I had some points built up, plus free shipping. I ordered a Voopoo X217 in the Aurora color for $28.79 shipped.

I've wanted one of these mods since the first time I saw them. Now I'm really going to try not to order any more stuff for a while. Well, pretty soon it might not be too hard to not order stuff, so I got one of these while I still could. Sounds good, right? :)

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Couldn't help myself. I remembered that somewhere I'd seen a 20% off code at Wetvapes, plus I had some points built up, plus free shipping. I ordered a Voopoo X217 in the Aurora color for $28.79 shipped.

I've wanted one of these mods since the first time I saw them. Now I'm really going to try not to order any more stuff for a while. Well, pretty soon it might not be too hard to not order stuff, so I got one of these while I still could. Sounds good, right? :)
If you're not shopping or looking, who's going to steer me in the right directions? lol
Seriously though, I've found so much great stuff because of your postings. Big thanks! Like that Caterpillar Vapes spot, I was able to get more Ammit 25's. Or the one you posted about Lite 1.5's at Everzon... Those are my favorite RTAs pretty much and I'm happy to have spares (at very discounted prices ? ).

In all seriousness, I've spent probably the most I've ever spent (Vaping stuff wise)in a year up to this point. I've got bins of stuff just waiting to be organized and put away. I love to collect things, but I don't need any more either. I'm planning to take a break on shopping soon too.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Oh No is Wet Vapes gone ??????https://www.wetvapes.com/stores
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh No is Wet Vapes gone ??????https://www.wetvapes.com/stores
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
I just went to their home page. It's still there.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I watched a video today about the Smok Rigel Kit. Those mods look very decent. They mostly have a Gen-like rubberized finish on them. Vapor Empire has the kits for $39.99. That price isn't to bad but I found a 15% off code : FIRST15 that knocks it down to about $34. They have free shipping over $75, so that meant I really should get over (or closer to) that threshold by buying two of them lol. It's not a screaming deal but not a bad price for a new-ish kit.

I didn't expect much from the TFV9 tanks. Eightvape had them for ten bucks so I got a couple. They're essentially the same tank as the Big Baby but have a way better locking cap. Get this, there's only one new TFV9 coil. But guess what? It's one of the best Baby Mesh coils I've ever tried. The flavor is awesome IMO. Knowing those things, it made it easier to pull the trigger on the Rigel kits.

I know Smok is hated on by many on the internet. Their stuff isn't as bad as people claim though IMO. I think they've been doing a pretty good job with their recent mods and tanks.

smok_rigel_kit_front_back.jpg

smok_rigel_kit_top_with_tank_detached.jpg

Looking at pictures makes me want to hold one already ? . I'm so bad. I told myself that I would curb my spending and bought 5 mods (kits actually) in the last two days.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey @gsmit1 , have you had a chance to try that clapton "mesh" yet? I threw a piece in an OG Vandy Vape Mesh RDA. Holy hell does that stuff vape nice. It's not dry and so cool like screen mesh or strip metal pieces. It's giving me some really good flavor. I wasn't sure what to use it in but noticed the VVM had wide slots (maybe Themis next?). I'll post a few photos of mine.
20200925_171820.jpg
20200925_171830.jpg
20200925_192242.jpg
20200925_192347.jpg
Yummy!

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey @gsmit1 , have you had a chance to try that clapton "mesh" yet? I threw a piece in an OG Vandy Vape Mesh RDA. Holy hell does that stuff vape nice. It's not dry and so cool like screen mesh or strip metal pieces. It's giving me some really good flavor. I wasn't sure what to use it in but noticed the VVM had wide slots (maybe Themis next?). I'll post a few photos of mine.
View attachment 169835
View attachment 169836
View attachment 169837
View attachment 169838
Yummy!
Looks great, but mine won't be here til next week :)

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Awww Thank you for the compliments, being a part of the Swat Team has been fun as well as the Media area- and now glad to be a part of the moderating team here too. <3
What is the VU Swat Team? I've never heard of this until just now.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wire optim order just got here and the Wotofo clapton strip things are missing. :( Just sent them a message.

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Darn it, I knew this would happen. A while back Everzon had Aromamizer Lite RTAs for under $20. I had a thought when I found out. "I wonder if other Chinese stores will do the same? Probably". Instead of waiting ordered 3 from Everzon. It's been over a week and they still have sent them.

Right now Cigabuy has Aromamizer Lite V1.5's for like $16. I've ordered from there numerous times this year and have been pretty pleased with their shipping times. I would have waited if I'd have known. Everzon took 4 months to ship me squonk bottles earlier this year. That's why I said darn it.

If you're interested, definitely order them from Cigabuy not Everzon is my advice.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm thinking about buying a new sub-ohm tank and I need some advice...
Are there ANY new tanks that do NOT use exclusively mesh coils?

I have been using Crown 3 tanks exclusively since they came out what? ~5 years ago or so. I like the flavor of these stainless steel wired coils. And mesh coils I've tried just have too much airflow for me.

Are there any new-ish tanks that use wire??? ...or is it a mesh world now?
Bonus question... Are there any that use stainless steel wire OR mesh in their coil heads?
TIA

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Darn it, I knew this would happen. A while back Everzon had Aromamizer Lite RTAs for under $20. I had a thought when I found out. "I wonder if other Chinese stores will do the same? Probably". Instead of waiting ordered 3 from Everzon. It's been over a week and they still have sent them.

Right now Cigabuy has Aromamizer Lite V1.5's for like $16. I've ordered from there numerous times this year and have been pretty pleased with their shipping times. I would have waited if I'd have known. Everzon took 4 months to ship me squonk bottles earlier this year. That's why I said darn it.

If you're interested, definitely order them from Cigabuy not Everzon is my advice.
My Everzon order never showed it updating. When I contacted them, it had already shipped and they gave a tracking number. I don't know why it does this. Even when I received it, I looked, and it still showed processing. I think I got an order in under 3 weeks, recently. I hope it shows soon for you.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My Everzon order never showed it updating. When I contacted them, it had already shipped and they gave a tracking number. I don't know why it does this. Even when I received it, I looked, and it still showed processing. I think I got an order in under 3 weeks, recently. I hope it shows soon for you.
Nice! Thanks for the info. I might get a hold of them today. I hardly ever track orders from China so I might just wait for it.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And mesh coils I've tried just have too much airflow for me.
I use an older Nunchaku tank the most out of any of my subohm tanks. I like the Mesh coils the best but they also have some good wire coils. I think they're clapton or fused clapton maybe? The wire coils are aimed at mid range so like 35-50W. When the Nunchaku 2's started coming out, they released some mesh coils. The .2Ω Kanthal ones are fantastic for flavor IMO. It's a single mesh but doesn't have a big wide bore hole like most single mesh coils. I use them at 50W with the airflow closed 1/3 of the way.

The other Nunchaku Mesh (.15Ω)coil is stainless steel. I didn't like it as much. It wanted more power and the flavor just wasn't as good IMO. Freemax's new tanks also use stainless but it's 904L.

You can use wire coils in the Falcon/Resin/King or Baby V2. Their not the newest tanks out there but they're pretty popular. It's all Kanthal wire coils (I think?) but some of them are pretty good.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Nice! Thanks for the info. I might get a hold of them today. I hardly ever track orders from China so I might just wait for it.
China is on a holiday-
10/1- 10/7 so not sure if you will be able to get a hold of anyone until 10/8

1601552916490.png

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Long before covid I had one go from received in Shenzen to the front door without a single update in between. I don't remember who it was from though.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I use an older Nunchaku tank the most out of any of my subohm tanks. I like the Mesh coils the best but they also have some good wire coils. I think they're clapton or fused clapton maybe? The wire coils are aimed at mid range so like 35-50W. When the Nunchaku 2's started coming out, they released some mesh coils. The .2Ω Kanthal ones are fantastic for flavor IMO. It's a single mesh but doesn't have a big wide bore hole like most single mesh coils. I use them at 50W with the airflow closed 1/3 of the way.

The other Nunchaku Mesh (.15Ω)coil is stainless steel. I didn't like it as much. It wanted more power and the flavor just wasn't as good IMO. Freemax's new tanks also use stainless but it's 904L.

You can use wire coils in the Falcon/Resin/King or Baby V2. Their not the newest tanks out there but they're pretty popular. It's all Kanthal wire coils (I think?) but some of them are pretty good.

Do they still have those OG Nunchaku tanks at Wetvapes for $12.99? I saw them still listed last time I was there...

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do they still have those OG Nunchaku tanks at Wetvapes for $12.99? I saw them still listed last time I was there...
Yeah I think so. I got one pretty recently. I also got 3 of the version 2's from Health Cabin for like 8 bucks a piece. Shipping brought the average up to about $11-12 per.

VU Sponsors