Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never heard of Opus. Must be pretty good tho huh.
It's pretty much the best charger/analyzer in it's price range, especially for 25 bucks.

I've had one for about 2 and a half years. It does quite a bit more than just charge your batteries. It allows you to choose various current levels for charging, has a capacity test and a few other functions. It also fits every battery size we will ever use and auto detects numerous chemistries.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
18650batterystore has P26As for THREE AND A HALF BUCKS , VTC5As for FOUR BUCKS and the Opus charger/analyzer for TWNTY FIVE BUCKS .

For anybody who's wanted one, now is the time to grab an Opus. That's the best price I've ever seen for a known authentic one.
It's pretty much the best charger/analyzer in it's price range, especially for 25 bucks.
It also fits every battery size we will ever use and auto detects numerous chemistries.

The Opus does not take 21700's comfortably imo. (unless they've lengthened it a bit)
You need to use fingernails to get em out.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Opus does not take 21700's comfortably imo. (unless they've lengthened it a bit)
You need to use fingernails to get em out.
I rarely charge more than 2 batteries at a time and put them in staggered slots. I always just grab them by the side.

Also, most versatile chargers are snug with the longer batteries. The NItecore D series is unsable for 21700. Even my hundred dollar SkyRC is tight for 21700. It's tough to make a sled that works with really short and really long batteries.

That's good point. Do you have the first revision? Maybe they did push them out a hair. I find them snug, but not problematic.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I rarely charge more than 2 batteries at a time and put them in staggered slots. I always just grab them by the side.

Also, most versatile chargers are snug with the longer batteries. The NItecore D series is unsable for 21700. Even my hundred dollar SkyRC is tight for 21700. It's tough to make a sled that works with really short and really long batteries.

That's good point. Do you have the first revision? Maybe they did push them out a hair. I find them snug, but not problematic.
Like I said I just got mine last week and it fits 21700s just fine. I only use 21700, 20700 and 18650 batteries.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like I said I just got mine last week and it fits 21700s just fine. I only use 21700, 20700 and 18650 batteries.
The only real problem I had was with a pair of double wrapped 30Ts where the wrapper on the positive end prevented the contact on the charger from reaching the contact on the battery unless I fiddled around with them to get them touching.

Nice to see ya around btw :)

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The only real problem I had was with a pair of double wrapped 30Ts where the wrapper on the positive end prevented the contact on the charger from reaching the contact on the battery unless I fiddled around with them to get them touching.

Nice to see ya around btw :)
Thanks my friend.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I know right. It was only $10 and I really needed a new charger. It's a nice charger. I'm still learning how to use all the features.

Yes that is how feel about that kind of thing when it happens! Still frustrating though- lol

:gaah:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
@nadalama @Just Frank

Best price on Puxos panels:
$7.99 + $3.10 shipping at eliquid or ejuices (Same Co. Discount DEALS25 doesn't work on hardware.)
I ordered 2 sets. Ships from CA.

Aspire has them on sale for $3.99 pr. but $11 shipping. If you need other Aspire stuff it bumps it up to $13 shipping. Eh, +/-...

Thanks for the battery info @gsmit1 !

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
18650 Battery Store put the SKYRC MC3000 on sale for 80 bucks too. That's the best price you'll ever see for this unit. This is simply the best consumer level round battery, multi chemistry charger/analyzer you can get. It's also the most expensive (of course) and when using it in it's advanced mode is REALLY advanced. Thankfully it has simpler modes where it's next level accuracy can be taken advantage of by folks who don't want to spend a month of research learning how to use it.

Technical review done by an extremely capable fella outta Copenhagen Denmark can be found HERE

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The MC3000 has a very cool phone app (bluetooth) where you can program and monitor your batteries as well as using the buttons on the unit itself.

I think this was a 30T that I charged at 700ma. You can set any charge rate from 1ma to 3amps in single ma increments. In advanced mode you have complete meticulous control over every parameter you can think of. Charge rate, termination voltage, termination capacity, time and temperature limits etc, and like I say, pretty much anything you can think of.

In dummy mode you stick batteries in and it charges them. You can change the settings for dummy mode from advanced mode. Well, actually you stick batteries in it, it takes like 5 seconds to analyze the batteries and then you press a button to tell it to proceed.
Screenshot_20201024-160300_Skyrc_MC3000[1].jpg

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
..... Also, most versatile chargers are snug with the longer batteries. The NItecore D series is unsable for 21700. Even my hundred dollar SkyRC is tight for 21700. It's tough to make a sled that works with really short and really long batteries.

Mine is ~ 4 years old, mebbe 5. It's a "BTC-3400
It came from an eBay seller whose ad as I recall, said something about 'It's the same charger but with upgraded firmware'.
It has worked great since I bought it... until it started charging batteries to 4.50+ volts... and into death. :(

No idea of the revision. Here's a pic w/ a 21700 installed. There's ~ 1 mm clearance at the top.

View attachment 173867

edit:....... It turns out I can't post the pic. I don't understand the new format yet I guess... frustrating.
It comes up as an "attachment", but won't open when you click on it. :(

Lemme know if you want it in a PM. But believe me, xx700s are tiiight.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine is ~ 4 years old, mebbe 5. It's a "BTC-3400
It came from an eBay seller whose ad as I recall, said something about 'It's the same charger but with upgraded firmware'.
It has worked great since I bought it... until it started charging batteries to 4.50+ volts... and into death. :(

No idea of the revision. Here's a pic w/ a 21700 installed. There's ~ 1 mm clearance at the top.

View attachment 173867

edit:....... It turns out I can't post the pic. I don't understand the new format yet I guess... frustrating.
It comes up as an "attachment", but won't open when you click on it. :(

Lemme know if you want it in a PM. But believe me, xx700s are tiiight.
You click this icon to upload an image now :)
image.JPG

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also there were clones of this charger floating around back then. I'm not saying yours is one, but there were. I think some of them used the og electronics if I remember right.

4 or 5 years ago is when the rev. 2.2 came out and yes it was essentially upgraded firmware though I think it used a different fan or something too. That's right on the border of when the old revisions were still out there.

I can only reiterate that I've never had any problems with 21700s in mine. Actually the MC3000, which cost 3 times as much is tighter and requires a bit of practice to get 21700s in and out of smoothly. You just have to go straight in and straight out. If you rock them at all they won't go in right.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Y'all need to go check out Eightvape. Thier mods and kits are 50% off right now! Atomizers are 40?% off.

Gen kits are $24 and Grus mods are $19, ect. ect.

The discount shows up in your cart.

I almost ordered 3 Gen kits just to have extras but I already have extras. I ordered the Matte Gray one I've always wanted though.

@Pastorfuzz
@gsmit1
@nadalama
@Heartsdelight
@Ms. Trixy
@SnapDragon NY
@debinnv
@hellcatrydr

Sorry if I didn't tag you. Just thought maybe some of you might want to get in on the sale. Their selection isn't as vast as it used to be but there's some solid selections there.

https://www.eightvape.com/pages/black-friday-vape-deals

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
T
Y'all need to go check out Eightvape. Thier mods and kits are 50% off right now! Atomizers are 40?% off.

I almost ordered 3 Gen kits just to have extras but I already have extras. I ordered the Matte Gray one I've always wanted though.

@Pastorfuzz
@gsmit1
@nadalama
@Heartsdelight
@Ms. Trixy
@SnapDragon NY
@debinnv
@hellcatrydr

Sorry if I didn't tag you. Just thought maybe some of you might want to get in on the sale. Their selection isn't as vast as it used to be but there's some solid selections there.

thanks for the heads up! :hug:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

@Pastorfuzz
@gsmit1
@nadalama
@Heartsdelight
@Ms. Trixy
@SnapDragon NY
@debinnv
@hellcatrydr

Thanks, I ordered some juice :)

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

@Pastorfuzz
@gsmit1
@nadalama
@Heartsdelight
@Ms. Trixy
@SnapDragon NY
@debinnv
@hellcatrydr

Why you- enabler you- lol :hug:
I just bought the LV Grus and 8Vape is shipping to NY- Yay

1606697291301.png

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also there were clones of this charger floating around back then. I'm not saying yours is one, but there were. I think some of them used the og electronics if I remember right.

4 or 5 years ago is when the rev. 2.2 came out and yes it was essentially upgraded firmware though I think it used a different fan or something too. That's right on the border of when the old revisions were still out there.

I can only reiterate that I've never had any problems with 21700s in mine. Actually the MC3000, which cost 3 times as much is tighter and requires a bit of practice to get 21700s in and out of smoothly. You just have to go straight in and straight out. If you rock them at all they won't go in right.
Here it is.

Attachments

• charger.jpg
    charger.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got 17 old RDAs from ecigcity for 16 bucks and a little change :D Several colors of a few different ones. The Rementry I know and love. The other ones I have no experience, but for 50 cents to a buck apiece i'll try anything. I've learned that some of that old stuff is not to be despised.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here it is.
I'll tell ya. I don't know what's going on there. I have only had that happen with a one single pair of double wrapped 30Ts where the second wrap made it tough for the positive end to make contact, but even then they would charge if I fiddled around them them.

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Marine blue & Gunmetal Walnut.....
Been in the club for many years now, after 8 vape it was on to AVS for wire and then FT for a couple of clones and mesh.... :devil:
I went for a more expensive purchase after the Grus-
I bought the Dotsquonk 100w regulated and covers for it- big 40% off sale at Dotmod-
I couldn't resist- all their mod covers are on sale for $5.00-

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'll tell ya. I don't know what's going on there. I have only had that happen with a one single pair of double wrapped 30Ts where the second wrap made it tough for the positive end to make contact, but even then they would charge if I fiddled around them them.

Are you saying your Opus holds a 21700 with more gap than that?
And if so, can I get a pic? TIA

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you saying your Opus holds a 21700 with more gap than that?
And if so, can I get a pic? TIA
Oh I misunderstood. I thought you were referring to it not making a connection, but now it dawned on me that the charger is not even plugged in :wait:

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I misunderstood. I thought you were referring to it not making a connection, but now it dawned on me that the charger is not even plugged in :wait:
No, I'm only concerned with the 2x700 fit. The Opus was invented waay before 70 mm long batteries.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, I'm only concerned with the 2x700 fit. The Opus was invented waay before 70 mm long batteries.
I guess mine's about the same, but I gotta tell ya buddy. It never even occurred to me that this was overly tight for a 21700 in a "universal" charger. I've never had a problem getting them in or out. I did lubricate the rails, like I do on every charger if that makes a deciding difference. I don't even remember what it was like before I did that. I've had it like 2 and a half years.
20201202_165719_cr.jpg

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess mine's about the same, but I gotta tell ya buddy. It never even occurred to me that this was overly tight for a 21700 in a "universal" charger. I've never had a problem getting them in or out. I did lubricate the rails, like I do on every charger if that makes a deciding difference. I don't even remember what it was like before I did that. I've had it like 2 and a half years.
Mine was ~4+ years old when it went sideways. It took out two brand new Molicells when it went. It overcharged them all the way to 4.5 volts where they died.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine was ~4+ years old when it went sideways. It took out two brand new Molicells when it went. It overcharged them all the way to 4.5 volts where they died.
Wow. I have no explanation. I've never heard of one doing that. Did it stop at 4.5 or did you catch it at that point?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
If you like low to mid range wattage, Druga RTA is a definite winner.
I set it down today and I don't think I've ever vaped another rebuildable for 5 straight days.

Edited: swapped rebuildable for atty because first vapes I did [sub ohm]

Last edited:

VU Sponsors