Become a Patron!

March 28th Vape mail ban

hawkwind5usa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does the next vape mail ban in March affect private sales? Or does it only apply to online stores?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The language in S.1253 allowed a private individual to mail cigarette and related items only if they were defective and were being returned to the manufacturer, with a limit of ten items per month. If I remember correctly.

I also don't know if Congress incorporated S.1253 into the coronavirus relief bill or if other verbiage was developed. Apparently that relief bill is thousands of pages long, and I haven't even attempted to read it.

hawkwind5usa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The way I'm reading it is USPS(March 28) and FedEx(March 1st) will no longer accept or transport vape related items for residential customers.

FlavorOverClouds

Member For 1 Year
Unless you identified the contents as vape related, how would these carriers know? Any are they experts in what constitutes vape related products? Wire, cotton, batteries, etc. I mean, if you order coils or coil sticks from me (handmade to spec, DM if interested :shades:), who would know what the wire is for? So many mods out there of all different shapes and sizes. I have a feeling this rule leaves too much to interpretation/judgement and will be challenged at some point.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are you allowed to send gear and juice from consumer to consumer? Yes, but there are restrictions.

Can you have it shipped to your place of employment/commercial address? Probably, but there is talk of a federal tobacco vendor/supplier license. This would make shipments to a business that is not registered as a tobacco vendor/supplier to also be prohibited. Even so, not worth ricking sending a "tobacco product" to your place of employment unless you know your boss and his boss doesn't mind.

Whatever the rules will be, they will follow the same rules as cigarettes, that is how vape is deemed by the Chosen ones who control tobacco.

Assuming everything goes as planned and on time, if you aren't stocked up yet, you're time is running out quickly. We have had over a decade warning. No one in his right mind would ever believe that vaping was going to go unregulated and free. It's a direct competition to the chosen ones.

Of course, all is not lost. You can still pay 5X or more what you're paying online by buying at a brick and mortar. But most brick and mortar vape shops do not sell nic base.

Last edited:

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh, and about shipping things like coils and wire...I wouldn't worry about it as long as they aren't packaged in packaging that reveals they are for vaping.

Wick material? Same as above.

Flavors and PG/VG? Same as above.

Our post office has been asking what's in the envelope for years, to which I fight the temptation to tell her it's an anal intruder and just reply, "torch parts". Is anyone in America going to check?

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Our post office has been asking what's in the envelope for years

Interesting. I sell random items on ebay from time to time and I've never been asked that when I drop my packages off at the post office counter to get scanned in. But then, I buy my postage online and print it out. Maybe that's why?

Interesting. I sell random items on ebay from time to time and I've never been asked that when I drop my packages off at the post office counter to get scanned in. But then, I buy my postage online and print it out. Maybe that's why?
They started after Royal Mail cracked down on li-ion shipments and while the one in town rarely says anything our local woman in the next village sees it as her mission to stop anybody posting anything :D

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They started after Royal Mail cracked down on li-ion shipments and while the one in town rarely says anything our local woman in the next village sees it as her mission to stop anybody posting anything :D

I didn't realize you were from outside the US.

SUKMYVAPOR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got an email from armageddonmfg.com not fucking good guys.. better keep stocking guys and get your stocking done ..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210201-100954_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210201-100954_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    959.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20210201-101003_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210201-101003_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    765.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20210201-101017_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210201-101017_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    1,010.3 KB · Views: 32

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
What is the chance of online shops getting together and forming delivery service of thier own? I know it would be a huge undertaking, but would it even be possible?

SUKMYVAPOR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually just talked to country pammi and she said vendors are working on work around but didn't go into detail all I know is I'm still stocking as much as I can right now .. no clue but this is BS .. only other shipper pops in my head is dhs

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Either that or we'll have to make runs to the suppliers like we had to in the 70's to grab Coors out of Colorado to bring back east.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I actually just talked to country pammi and she said vendors are working on work around but didn't go into detail all I know is I'm still stocking as much as I can right now .. no clue but this is BS .. only other shipper pops in my head is dhs
I am pretty sure DHL uses USPS for the final delivery of the packages for domestic residential shipping. So that could be an issue. I may be wrong here though. But all of the DHL packages I have received that was sent inside the US always ended up being handed off and delivered by USPS. My international DHL packages always get dropped off my DHL themselves though.

FedEx and UPS are both claiming they will not accept vape items for any reason, business or not. USPS may still be an option for businesses to use to ship between each other, but residential deliveries are not looking good at all.

We should still be able to have B&M's special order things for us as long as USPS and/or DHL are willing to ship directly to businesses. This would obviously depend on if that particular B&M would be willing to do it.

SUKMYVAPOR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats why I was myself trying to figure out the work around she was referring to .. are they going to use drones for delivery lol ? my card is crying but I'm planning on another spending spree fruck it im building my stash those pricks

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thats why I was myself trying to figure out the work around she was referring to .. are they going to use drones for delivery lol ? my card is crying but I'm planning on another spending spree fruck it im building my stash those pricks
I built a big stash already myself. Over 50 mech squonks, easily a lifetime of nic for my wife and I, and over 100 atties. Tons of accessories like drip tips, spare atty repair parts like squonk pins and post screws, plenty of spare squonk bottles, and extra supplies to rebuild my mechs if they happen to give up the ghost for any reason. Or I could build new ones since I already have the printer files for the enclosures, and can print them out as needed.

If you have the spare cash right now, it would probably be a good idea to build up a nice little personal supply of things you like. Never know what will be left on the market later with all this shit raining down on the vape industry.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
"This will hopefully mean fewer scavenged batteries from larger power packs (like the kind you’d in a Tesla, electric scooter, or power tool) get repackaged and sold online."

I think they got this wrong. I am pretty sure this will cause more to be scavenged from battery packs.

I wouldn't mind seeing less on ebay and amazon. They just need to leave the battery specific retailers alone.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
@sniff57
I think earlier I saw you looking for this.
I couldn't find it at the time.

SUKMYVAPOR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
anyone have any knowledge about long term storage of batteries i want to get a good stash just in case these ass hats remove those also for the kids of course oh i mean our safety DICKS nothing i can really understand something about fridge storage but i thought cold was bad for batteries

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

UPS Will End Home Delivery of Vaping Products​

Following congressional passage of the “vape mail” ban that will end U.S. Postal Service shipping of vaping products to consumers, UPS has joined Fedex in announcing it too will end shipping of vapes. The ban covers shipping to both consumers and businesses.
“Effective April 5, 2021, UPS will not transport vaping products to, from, or within the United States due to the increased complexity to ship those products,” a company spokesperson told Vaping360 by email. The policy, which will soon leave no major shipping service willing to deliver vaping products to homes, has left online vaping retailers scrambling to find a solution.
The announcement followed days of uncertainty, with some vaping businesses being told that their accounts would be closed, and others being reassured that the company’s tobacco and vapor product policy would not change. (The UPS website has still not amended the policy.)
Fedex had already confirmed that it will end vapor product shipping as of March 1. DHL, the other major shipping service, previously banned domestic retail shipments of e-cigarettes and all nicotine-containing products.

The policy, which will soon leave no major shipping service willing to deliver vaping products to homes, has left online vaping retailers scrambling to find a solution.

The new law, which was inserted into the federal Omnibus Spending Bill, mandates that the U.S. Postal Service create regulations within 120 days banning U.S. Mail delivery of vaping products—whether they contain nicotine or not. The bill was so broad that the wording includes all vaping products, including all cannabis, CBD, and flavor-only liquids and devices.
The Postal Service has not issued its new rules yet. Existing USPS regulations allow manufacturers and distributors to ship cigarettes and smokeless tobacco to each other, but not directly to customers. If those rules carry over to vaping products, vape shops will still be able to receive products, but individual customers will be unable to receive deliveries at home.
In addition to banning USPS deliveries of vaping products, the “Preventing Online Sales of E-Cigarettes to Children Act” forces vape product sellers into the Prevent All Cigarette Trafficking (PACT) Act, which is part of the larger federal Jenkins Act. The PACT Act imposes a series of stringent requirements on shippers of included products:
  • Register with the U.S. Attorney General/ATF
  • Verify age of customers using a commercially available database
  • Use private shipping services that collect an adult signature at the point of delivery
  • If selling in states that tax vaping products, sellers must register with the federal government and with the tobacco tax administrators of the states
  • Collect all applicable local and state taxes, and affix any required tax stamps to the products sold
  • Send each taxing state’s tax administrator a list of all transactions with customers in their state, including the names and addresses of each customer sold to, and the quantities and type of each product sold
  • Maintain records for five years of any “delivery interrupted because the carrier or service determines or has reason to believe that the person ordering the delivery is in violation of the [PACT Act]”
Sellers who do not register or don’t comply with the requirements of the PACT Act are subject to severe penalties, including prison. The PACT Act provisions of the law take effect in late March, and apply to all online sales, no matter which carrier ships them.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Figure I am prepared for about 3 years or more, I'll take inventory in two and see if I have to worry... :cool:

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If anyone wants to read the bill
Starts on page 5136

Attachments

• BILLS-116HR133SA-RCP-116-68.pdf
    8.6 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This e-mail just came from 8vape:

Recent congressional amendments to the PACT Act, signed into law as part of an omnibus spending bill, have broadened the definition of tobacco products to include vapes and vaping supplies. E-liquids, mods, kits, disposables, pod systems, and all other vaping items are now defined as tobacco products, and as such, they will be regulated more harshly.

In fact, Congress has prohibited USPS from shipping vape products, and FedEx and UPS intend to stop shipping vape products as well. We work with these carriers exclusively to fulfill orders, so we’re forced to adapt swiftly and change service handlers.

For your information, the carriers will stop shipping vape products on these dates:
  • FedEx, March 1
  • UPS, April 5
  • United States Postal Service (USPS), April 26

We’re working to engage a network of alternative carriers to fulfill our orders (and we’re optimistic about our success), but as a precaution we’re advising customers to stock up on vape supplies before the dates above, just to ensure you have what you need.

Our goal is to continue providing fast, affordable delivery, but we know that customers in remote areas may have greater difficulty receiving vape mail in the future.

We’ll keep you updated by making new information visible once we have it. Thanks to all our loyal customers during this time!

Sincerely,

Your Eightvape Fam

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm getting versions of that message from the vape sellers I use. I hope shippers can be found, even if it's UShip and it takes six weeks to get your orders. It will save the industry. If I'm optimistic, I can even imagine it will create a new industry, the vape-pony express.

In the mean time, with this mail ban ahead of us, I'm just mentioning you can get pure undiluted 100 percent nic at Perfectvape.com, 379.00 per liter. It says "wholesale only" but I ordered a liter a few years ago, using the tax ID number of my employer at the time. It was never questioned, and when I ordered another liter a few years later, I didn't have to fill in the credential again. I haven't used any of it. It was for emergency supply in case of vapocalypse. It appears the vapocalypse is imminent.

And if a vaping forum can survive it, I'm staying here. I was over at ECF again. I like the people who post there, but the censorship is ridiculous. The whole industry is in danger of being killed off, and I got a 3 day ban for mentioning the pure n*c still available for sale.
There are still some good people over on ECF that I wish would make the move over to here. I can't even view their site anymore after being banned. The mods over there can go eat a big bag of dicks

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There are still some good people over on ECF that I wish would make the move over to here. I can't even view their site anymore after being banned. The mods over there can go eat a big bag of dicks
I knew my days were numbered there and just never went back. I am pretty sure my account is still active, but I have no plans of finding out. I had a couple thousand posts under the name Zaryk. I enjoyed talking to some of the members, but the staff was total shit.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I knew my days were numbered there and just never went back. I am pretty sure my account is still active, but I have no plans of finding out. I had a couple thousand posts under the name Zaryk. I enjoyed talking to some of the members, but the staff was total shit.
Classwife must be a user name for at least 15 moderators, all over everything. Now if you write "Vapingunderground" or in two words "Vaping Underground" it immediately gets blotted out as ******* while you type it. I know because when I posted about the pure nic available for purchase and shipment, I said I knew I was going to be censored, and mentioned that you can discuss things like adults at VapingUnderground. That VU mention was censored without a moderator ever even seeing it. I guess you could try "V-a-p-i-n-g-u-n-d-e-r-g-r-o-u-n-d" and see if that works, to invite people over, but then ClassWife will see it and wipe you out. I'm banned for three days, and I'm going back one more time after that, because I was in the middle of offering some unused rebuilding equipment I bought five years ago and never touched, after hoarding coils every couple of months. The user wanted it, and now she'll think I changed my mind and disappeared.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm getting versions of that message from the vape sellers I use. I hope shippers can be found, even if it's UShip and it takes six weeks to get your orders. It will save the industry. If I'm optimistic, I can even imagine it will create a new industry, the vape-pony express.

In the mean time, with this mail ban ahead of us, I'm just mentioning you can get pure undiluted 100 percent nic at Perfectvape.com, 379.00 per liter. It says "wholesale only" but I ordered a liter a few years ago, using the tax ID number of my employer at the time. It was never questioned, and when I ordered another liter a few years later, I didn't have to fill in the credential again. I haven't used any of it. It was for emergency supply in case of vapocalypse. It appears the vapocalypse is imminent.

And if a vaping forum can survive it, I'm staying here. I was over at ECF again. I like the people who post there, but the censorship is ridiculous. The whole industry is in danger of being killed off, and I got a 3 day ban for mentioning the pure n*c still available for sale.

1000 mg nic is a little too hazardous for me to mess with....but thanks for the info.

Last edited:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
aRq5205Zr0CuwM3Qth8Ismxa-pFKSwRPZu8S6MJeBPiN1bVKhcHYTcgilplrczTvX1ITdMT8UlfmbdEnn1RlGWIBinAbouzzRjw0f7_YxYtOfqSXuRjdADkmJVBYa4Zpu2lHI_TiJyFVOMHuIZq_uPlAXgHx1OUhjaw=s0-d-e1-ft

Recent congressional amendments to the PACT Act, signed into law as part of an omnibus spending bill, have broadened the definition of tobacco products to include vapes and vaping supplies. E-liquids, mods, kits, disposables, pod systems, and all other vaping items are now defined as tobacco products, and as such, they will be regulated more harshly.

In fact, Congress has prohibited USPS from shipping vape products, and FedEx and UPS intend to stop shipping vape products as well. We work with these carriers exclusively to fulfill orders, so we’re forced to adapt swiftly and change service handlers.

For your information, the carriers will stop shipping vape products on these dates:
  • FedEx, March 1
  • UPS, April 5
  • United States Postal Service (USPS), April 26
We’re working to engage a network of alternative carriers to fulfill our orders (and we’re optimistic about our success), but as a precaution we’re advising customers to stock up on vape supplies before the dates above, just to ensure you have what you need.

Our goal is to continue providing fast, affordable delivery, but we know that customers in remote areas may have greater difficulty receiving vape mail in the future.

We’ll keep you updated by making new information visible once we have it. Thanks to all our loyal customers during this time!

Sincerely,

Your Eightvape Fam

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
1000 mg nic is a little too hazardous for me to mess with....but thanks for the info.
I completely understand. I never touch it. I put it in amber glass bottles, back of the fridge, marked "poison" and with a skull charm hung around the neck of each bottle. It's the nuclear option for preparing to stay off cigarettes always. I don't have enough space in my apartment to store a 10 percent solution for however long I live. I make the comparison to storing rat poison, lye, guns, and all sorts of stuff people store with the hope they'll never have to use it. For as long as I can get pre-made eliquids, I will, but when nanny takes it away, I'm prepared, with nitrile gloves, pipettes, a lab glass metric measuring kit, and extreme caution. The 10 percent solution needs to be in the freezer, but the pure liquid nic just needs to be away from light and heat. If I knew how to extract nic from tomatoes and potatoes, I would prepare to do that, but I've never seen a demonstration or read about any vapers successfully doing that. And, no kids or pets here.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I completely understand. I never touch it. I put it in amber glass bottles, back of the fridge, marked "poison" and with a skull charm hung around the neck of each bottle. It's the nuclear option for preparing to stay off cigarettes always. I don't have enough space in my apartment to store a 10 percent solution for however long I live. I make the comparison to storing rat poison, lye, guns, and all sorts of stuff people store with the hope they'll never have to use it. For as long as I can get pre-made eliquids, I will, but when nanny takes it away, I'm prepared, with nitrile gloves, pipettes, a lab glass metric measuring kit, and extreme caution. The 10 percent solution needs to be in the freezer, but the pure liquid nic just needs to be away from light and heat. If I knew how to extract nic from tomatoes and potatoes, I would prepare to do that, but I've never seen a demonstration or read about any vapers successfully doing that. And, no kids or pets here.
I usually buy 100 mg in 125mg bottles, easy to store and all but one are sealed. I calculated that at 3mg usage I have 5.7 to 8.5 years of supply.. :cool:

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I know that this doesn't affect many people on this site. From Gas City Vapes here in Canada
Screenshot_20210212-072644_Gmail.jpg

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This post from fasttech was last updated on 12/14/2020. Before the mail ban became a law. I know it is still relevant and all, but I have not had to do a manual order though customer service with them, and I placed a few orders from them since that was posted. I kind of wonder what made them put the US on that list a week before the law was passed.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
This post from fasttech was last updated on 12/14/2020. Before the mail ban became a law. I know it is still relevant and all, but I have not had to do a manual order though customer service with them, and I placed a few orders from them since that was posted. I kind of wonder what made them put the US on that list a week before the law was passed.
Probably due to all the states that banned them locally... there's like 10 states now that you cannot ship vapor product into.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

USA has been on Fasttech's "vape ban" a few months after AliExpress/Alibaba started blocking vape gear listings from USA IP addresses to appease the CCP (2019 during the EVALI bullshit, which was most likely a SARS-CoV-2 aka COVID-19 coverup). I've placed over 20 orders with FT since then, no issues (and no EVALI either lol).

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have an FT order out for delivery today. I think they must have figured out some workarounds since that letter was issued.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Probably due to all the states that banned them locally... there's like 10 states now that you cannot ship vapor product into.
Yeah, that is what I was thinking after I posted that. They probably had complaints and issues getting stuff through to certain states, and just updated the list because of it.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
USA has been on Fasttech's "vape ban" a few months after AliExpress/Alibaba started blocking vape gear listings from USA IP addresses to appease the CCP (2019 during the EVALI bullshit, which was most likely a SARS-CoV-2 aka COVID-19 coverup). I've placed over 20 orders with FT since then, no issues (and no EVALI either lol).
When I checked the wayback machine, USA was not on that list two weeks before that post was updated.

EDIT- Here is a screenshot of how that post looked on 12/1/2020
Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 12.02.53 PM.png

Last edited:

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I checked the wayback machine, USA was not on that list two weeks before that post was updated.

EDIT- Here is a screenshot of how that post looked on 12/1/2020
View attachment 178083

Interesting. I swear I saw it on there in 2019. Maybe I glanced at United Arab Emirates and is registered as United States of America in my mind. Still, I probably have 5-6 orders under my belt since then, one on the way, customs cleared.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Interesting. I swear I saw it on there in 2019. Maybe I glanced at United Arab Emirates and is registered as United States of America in my mind. Still, I probably have 5-6 orders under my belt since then, one on the way, customs cleared.
I have a few successful orders since then too. Just placed the order like I always have. Their shipping was fairly fast recently in comparison to the ones I placed about 6-8 months ago.

VU Sponsors