Become a Patron!

Married batteries , new mod?

I have had two sets of married Samsung 25r batteries that I would rotate in my minikin RDA. Can I use one set of batteries now in my noisy cricket meaning I would be using it from a regulate parallel device to a series unregulated device. Would that be safe to do considering the batteries are still married?

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup, that's perfectly safe.

The idea with marrying batteries is they charge and discharge the same number of times each in the set. They also see the same amp draw because they are used together at the same time.

That holds true if you use battery sets in more than one mod, as long as they are used as a set all the time.

Vape on :)

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yup, that's perfectly safe.

The idea with marrying batteries is they charge and discharge the same number of times each in the set. They also see the same amp draw because they are used together at the same time.

That holds true if you use battery sets in more than one mod, as long as they are used as a set all the time.

Vape on :)
^^ This, not really much more to be said. But, it's about keeping your batteries at the same age/usage, so if you were to say pull one of them out to use on a single battery setup, as long as you rotate their usage in there and keep them at a close age/usage you're fine. If you always use one of them in the single battery setup and the other gets left out then the imbalance starts and that's where you run into issues. So marriage and always keeping them together is just the easiest way to keep track, but if you do take the time to keep tabs on how often you use them, then it can be an open marriage where they sleep around a little ;).

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
+1, no problem there. No offense, but be sure you know what you're doing, building for the Cricket, and be careful of the suicide connector. Those things scare me.

VU Sponsors