Become a Patron!
so I lost my reaulueax rx 200 a while back and I just found it digging through junk in my closet, I don't have 3 matching 18650's but I do have 2 imren 40 amp 3200 mah batteries and 1 Sony battery that work, I just want to see if the reauleaux still works so I can buy new batteries, I'm not trying to vape on it. Is it fine to put the batteries in just to see if it still works? Thanks

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
so I lost my reaulueax rx 200 a while back and I just found it digging through junk in my closet, I don't have 3 matching 18650's but I do have 2 imren 40 amp 3200 mah batteries and 1 Sony battery that work, I just want to see if the reauleaux still works so I can buy new batteries, I'm not trying to vape on it. Is it fine to put the batteries in just to see if it still works? Thanks
It's fine to use if u just want to see if it turns on but don't vape it. And Imren batts are crap

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The batteries aren't the same amps, is that cool too?

If you are just doing a systems check to make sure the control board is functioning and reading the tank/atomizer on it that is fine, maybe a quick 1/10th to 1/2 second pulse at say max 30watts as a test it would be fine. To run and gun with the mod, you'll need a married set of batteries, preferably 2 sets, (3 to 6 batteries). Married set = same brand, same model, same CDR, same MaH, bought together, charged together, and used together until death do they part. This assures that all batteries in the married set have the same charge and discharge cycles on them or as close as possible, that way one battery doesn't underperform the others in the set and put dangerous overstress on it or the others in the set to make up the difference in the weak battery's sag in voltage and CDR (a stressed battery can lead to venting, a very bad firey venting, or complete thermal runaway and a large "BOOM".

Now battery suggestions
If the RX200 is a base 200 not the RX200S and doesn't have the 250watts firmware upgrade, meaning max 200watts
Upto 180watts at 20amp CDR batteries (60watts per battery) - Samsung 30Q (20amp CDR 3000mah)
Upto 200watts, you'll need 25amp CDR batteries (which can handle 75watts per battery) - Sony VTC5A (take note of the "A" it will be 2500mah instead of the older basic VTC5 2600mah, they sacrificed 100mah and added an extra 5amps CDR over the older VTC5), LG HD2 (2000mah 25amp CDR), LG HD2C 2200mah 25amp CDR, or the newer LG HD4 (no ratings at this time but tested by Mooch it came out as 2100mah at 25amp CDR)

RX200 /w 250watt firmware upgrade or RX200S 250watt
Upto 180watts - Samsung 30Q 20amp 3000mah
Upto 225 watts - Sony VTC5A, LG HD2/HD2C/HD4
Upto Max 250watts - LG HB2, HB4, HB6 1500mah at 30amp CDR <-- Nothing on the market beats out the CDR on these batteries, anything that says 35amp plus with an 18650 is the Pulse Discharge Rate (ehem your Imrens, Efest, anyone beside LG, Sony, Samsung, Panasonic/Sanyo, all buy the B and C Bin discards that did not pass muster from the Big 4, re-wrap them, print the short pulse discharge rate as the max amps and charge double almost triple what the authentic A Bins cost.

If in the US, Canada, Mexico the most suggested retailers are

Liionwholesale.com
imrbatteries.com
illumn.com
orbtronic.com
RTDVapor.com

Europe - only vendor in the EU/UK I suggest on Amazon is Torchythebatteryboy (he is the UK Vaping Forum's Mooch to us so he knows what he is doing)

Worldwide - fasttech.com (be careful here, make sure the listing title says Authentic and carefully read the other customer reviews, shipping can take a bit being batteries need shipping via boat without special permits and packaging to ship via air freight, Liion batteries don't like cold mixed with humidity in shipping)

If you don't have an external charger, until you do get one, every charge cycle, manually rotate the battery positions inside the RX200 before re-charging, this being the RX200 doesn't have the best battery balance charger makes sure one battery isn't slowly going lower and lower in charge (battery furthest from the control board in the battery circuit, and the battery closest to the control board is not overcharged excessively, both these conditions up the risk of a battery "BOOM", forewarning) thus why we suggest external chargers for most the multi-battery mods out there.

VU Sponsors