Become a Patron!

MTL Tanks - I know this has been asked before but.........

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello Everyone. My Wife is stuck on using a KFL+ tank. The airflow is perfect for her and she is having a hard time switching to anything else. Here is the problem I have. The KFL+ works really well with Juice that is 50/50 or higher PG. My Wife is sensitive to Higher PG juice and needs higher VG juice. 50/50 seems to work for her but 60/40 or 70/30 (VG/PG) is better for her. Obviously the problem being that the juice channels in the KFL+ were never meant for thick e-liquid and are too small.

So of course my question now is, what MTL tank is there that has airflow most closely comparable to the KFL+???

I tried the Merlin tank with the airflow restriction piece installed and still too airy.

I know this has been discussed in general with MTL tanks, but is there a tank out there with air flow the same as the KFL+ with larger juice channels??????????????

Thanks!
CV

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try a Taifun GT 1. The juice channels can be somewhat manipulated, and the draw is tight. You can pick up a clone for just a couple bucks...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Try a Taifun GT 1. The juice channels can be somewhat manipulated, and the draw is tight. You can pick up a clone for just a couple bucks...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Yeah, I was just watching Phil Busardo do a review of the V3 and it looks promising. Waiting for clones though, price on the original is outrageous. Thank you for the advise. If I could find the V1 in the states I would probably try and pick one up to try. Only found it in China so far.

CV

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I might have to pick that up. Is 3fvape.com in the states?? I do not order from China, too many bad experiences waiting forever or never receiving my orders.

CV

P.S. Nevermind, just looked on 3fvape.com. They are out of China. I will wait for some to hit the states. Thank you for the link though!
If 3fvape states it ships in 24 hours, it does & usually arrives in about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks. They are a reliable & customer service dependable site. I've ordered from them without issues.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Chainvapor, if your only problem with the Merlin is the loose draw, try rolling a small piece of SS mesh and stick it in the air tube under the coil.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even though I'm not a machinist, I'm a tinkerer at heart. I made a couple of air restrictors, they worked well, but there was something about the tank that didn't quite make me happy. They are still around but the thing I liked best about them was the drip tip. I had suggested the person involved in the tank design and development that they should offer at least 3 air flow reducers, but I was told they felt the one provided (2.5 mm i think) was tight enough. I see the Merlin mini comes with two restrictors, maybe if they fit in the original....

rsimpson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The Wotofo Conqueror has a tight enough draw with the airflow mostly closed to allow for a MTL hit. I tend to vape both ways; started with smaller RDAs doing MTL, then switched to direct lung. When I feel the need to go MTL for a while I use the conqueror or one of my older RDAs with restricted airflow.

I picked up my conqueror from vaporbeast for about $12 - I'm not affiliated with them or any other store, that's just where I found it for cheap

Hope this helps

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another option is to add a slight amount of distilled water to a VG dominant liquid she likes, making it flow more easily in her Kayfun. Just one or two percent can make quite a difference.

VU Sponsors