My new Griffin RTA (vs Crius)

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
For a dual coil build using 26/32 kanthal you would have to have an inside diameter of 1.5mm and 3/4 wraps (4 wraps showing on the side away from the leads, and 3 wraps showing in between the leads) to reach ~0.20Ω.

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Got my first Griffin the other day. It took a few tries but I finally got a decent build in it and WOW!!! This is amazing! You have to keep in mind that I'm a complete noob in the building department,, don't do clap tons or aliens or any of that fancy stuff,,, just simple coils and I really love the flavor I'm getting. There are flavors in my ADV I didn't know were there!!! Thanks for this thread guys... I got a ton of good info here. Now I need to go order the silver one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

formernuke

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just did my first ever clapton, probably 5th build came to .27, was going for .2 but the flavor is so good at 90-100 watts I'm not sure if I want to change it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got my first Griffin the other day. It took a few tries but I finally got a decent build in it and WOW!!! This is amazing! You have to keep in mind that I'm a complete noob in the building department,, don't do clap tons or aliens or any of that fancy stuff,,, just simple coils and I really love the flavor I'm getting. There are flavors in my ADV I didn't know were there!!! Thanks for this thread guys... I got a ton of good info here. Now I need to go order the silver one

I'm running standard 24 ga kanthal 8 wraps in mine right now really nice vape and a great simple build.

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Any coil with love and care will produce the results you want ;) Especially on a regulated mod:p

Ravendark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My "smoked" glass from fasttech just arrived... way too black... you can't see the juice holes... nor the juice level...

IMG_20160309_114907_zpssqjyinpq.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My "smoked" glass from fasttech just arrived... way too black... you can't see the juice holes... nor the juice level...

IMG_20160309_114907_zpssqjyinpq.jpg

Mine came in the other day also...I still use it. If you hold it up to the light and you see silver circles at the bottom then the juice ports are closed, if its completely lacked out its open and the juice level can be seen holding it pretty easily if looked for....I kinda like it, great for murdered out setups!
I have switched the bases back for a Full blacked out Griffin and a Full Silver Griffin with Red Glass...Ill post pics afterwards, it looks much better this way.
20160307_121924.jpg 20160307_121931.jpg

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Do you sale coils? I'm looking for alians and fused claptons.
I do but Chef does the aliens for others and I do fused claptons and other coils, my aliens arent as nice as Chef's so I wont sell them...Im a perfectionist and I like my products PERFECT when I send them out.
I charge 12/pair with priority shipping included.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Anyone have to adjust the centerpin screw to get the Griffin to read? My RX200 was saying "No Atomizer" all of the sudden. Adjusting the pin helped it, though. The thing is, it was fine for a few weeks, then suddenly started doing it. I'm kinda hoping I don't have a defective center pin.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I do but Chef does the aliens for others and I do fused claptons and other coils, my aliens arent as nice as Chef's so I wont sell them...Im a perfectionist and I like my products PERFECT when I send them out.
Thank you, sir!

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Anyone have to adjust the centerpin screw to get the Griffin to read? My RX200 was saying "No Atomizer" all of the sudden. Adjusting the pin helped it, though. The thing is, it was fine for a few weeks, then suddenly started doing it. I'm kinda hoping I don't have a defective center pin.
I've had issues with my ipv reading a change in resistance everytime I press the fire button, one time I took the firing pin out wipe the juice off screw it back in and all is fine. He'll ever it just happened to me again and this time I believe it is due to my build connections..

I'll have more info tonight when I sit down to build some new new.

Matt

bcr500

Member For 3 Years
What other coils do you make? I would like to try your fused claptons for sure. Do you do PayPal?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What did you send me bro?

Vape On

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What other coils do you make? I would like to try your fused claptons for sure. Do you do PayPal?
Click this LINK and you can scan through the builds Ive done, this should give you an idea of what I can do for you. If you are purchasing coils I suggest you PM me the details of the set up you are going to use so I can calculate what resistance I will be working with and size constraints there may be.
I do accept paypal.
I do however you check out PureCoils.com and see if the prices and coils he has there do something for you, if not I will be pleased to help.

What did you send me bro?

Vape On
What do you mean? The last set of coils were Staples, Framed Staples and Fused Claptons, before that they were Cat Track Coils I believe.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Chef what alians do you recommend for the griffin?
That depends on what you're using for a mod. Right now I have 3x26K/36N in mine and the flavor and vapor are great! But, that may not work for YOUR particular setup. Let me know what mod you're using, and I'll do whatever I can to help.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That depends on what you're using for a mod. Right now I have 3x26K/36N in mine and the flavor and vapor are great! But, that may not work for YOUR particular setup. Let me know what mod you're using, and I'll do whatever I can to help.
Yeah I'd mention with those I'm using 100w with 80/20 vg/pg juice.

bcr500

Member For 3 Years
Ipv3li
ipv3li vr 200w

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well Im off to bed, gotta get up at 4:30 and get my shit proof checked and then submitted, I dont dare do it before bed :D Ill see you guys in the morning!

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
See ya tomorrow, Ray.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@bcr500
You can definitely run the same ones that JERUS and I are running in your mod. The forum rules state that I can't directly post links to products on my website outside of my Vendor Area, so I'll PM you the link to the Alien coils.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@bcr500
You can definitely run the same ones that JERUS and I are running in your mod. The forum rules state that I can't directly post links to products on my website outside of my Vendor Area, so I'll PM you the link to the Alien coils.
Worth every penny. IMO fused claptons are good enough, but if you aren't making and using those at least yourself the cost of some aliens is more than worthwhile, they're the next level. Hell I was coughing initially due to the amount of thick tasty vapor coming out of these bad boys. The way I catagorize it you have 5 levels of coils:
Starter = single wire
Beginner = Twisted, Parallel, Zipper, and Chain Link
Intermediate = Helix, Clapton and Fused Clapton
Advanced = Alien, Stapled, Framed Staple
Expert = putting those advanced things together.

I haven't tried the expert level stuff, but from what I hear they're "not worth the effort but vape very nicely." having tried Alien and Stapled I can say they're worthwhile, just maybe not the best bang for the buck (not as big of a jump in quality as a fused clapton but a lot more work). Considering you can pay someone like CrazyChef or @raymo2u to whip you up a set, well it's a no brainer to me, and very worthwhile. Considering the alternative of factory made coils which'll run you $20 for a months supply and these things if you wick and clean will last you monthS well yeah...

Personally still in favor of building my own when I can but having experienced the quality it's hard to fall back on my own creations, always want something ideal ready to go for when I want that perfection. So I have left the aliens in my Griffin, the Staples I got are going in and out of my Avocado as I use that as my tester for my own coils as I practice. Anyways I'm rambling but yeah worth the money, glad I got what I got.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yea...a little late, some people took the wait into their own hands and did more then just enlarge a Griffin...

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea...a little late, some people took the wait into their own hands and did more then just enlarge a Griffin...
I hope AUGVAPE hurry the hell up and release ur DESIGN...you know peeps are salivating on the 25 GTANK..

Vape On

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I hope AUGVAPE hurry the hell up and release ur DESIGN...you know peeps are salivating on the 25 GTANK..

Vape On
Im buying the Griffin25 when it comes out...just to compare the RRTA with it...It may be kind of self serving but Im not sure if Im going to getting any proceeds for my design, I never asked..

Ravendark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I was kinda expecting the 25 when I saw Mike Vapes video about the top airflow, in which, the box of the set had "Griffin 22" printed on it...
Also geekvape handled the rivalry with Vaporesso in a very good way, immediately released a top airflow part, and now, in my opinion, with the 25, it just killed it...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well I was kinda expecting the 25 when I saw Mike Vapes video about the top airflow, in which, the box of the set had "Griffin 22" printed on it...
Also geekvape handled the rivalry with Vaporesso in a very good way, immediately released a top airflow part, and now, in my opinion, with the 25, it just killed it...
I would be more impressed if the deck wasnt only bigger by 1mm...Its a 22mm Griffin with Top Airflow in a 25mm shell. I was hoping for at least 20mm of deck space.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine came in the other day also...I still use it. If you hold it up to the light and you see silver circles at the bottom then the juice ports are closed, if its completely lacked out its open and the juice level can be seen holding it pretty easily if looked for....I kinda like it, great for murdered out setups!
I have switched the bases back for a Full blacked out Griffin and a Full Silver Griffin with Red Glass...Ill post pics afterwards, it looks much better this way.
View attachment 43199 View attachment 43200
Ray , how is the finish holding up on the black griffin ? Was thinking of dabbing the Gemini but now I see a second version of the griffin with top flow and a few bad reviews of build quality on the Gemini so I believe I will order the griffin again , long story , just won't use ebay this time .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ray , how is the finish holding up on the black griffin ? Was thinking of dabbing the Gemini but now I see a second version of the griffin with top flow and a few bad reviews of build quality on the Gemini so I believe I will order the griffin again , long story , just won't use ebay this time .

Hasn't chipped or scratched off anywhere yet, even got a black glass for it...
20160307_121924.jpg

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hasn't chipped or scratched off anywhere yet, even got a black glass for it...
View attachment 43444
Yeah that looks sexybas hell all black , will look real good on top of my tarot that should hopefully be shipping this week , maybe all black griffin and the red glass to make it pop.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What's the wattage?
Running her at 50watts with no problems. Took it up to 70watts and got some slightly dry hits so i backed it down a bit.

bugs-one

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Running her at 50watts with no problems. Took it up to 70watts and got some slightly dry hits so i backed it down a bit.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm using the same coil. 3mm ID? I've been having issues with flavor but I think it's the juice not the coils.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks. Yeah, I'm using the same coil. 3mm ID? I've been having issues with flavor but I think it's the juice not the coils.
Yea 3mm. And To me. (Opinions are like assholes) i dont get the flavor I'm used to from my drippers. I'm still not standin solid In that as I think it's my building and wicking. The best I've ran in her for flavor is 2x26/38 fused claptons with 6 wraps. But it was pretty HOT! lol

bugs-one

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea 3mm. And To me. (Opinions are like assholes) i dont get the flavor I'm used to from my drippers. I'm still not standin solid In that as I think it's my building and wicking. The best I've ran in her for flavor is 2x26/38 fused claptons with 6 wraps. But it was pretty HOT! lol

Yeah. Same here the drippers' flavors are better.

VU Sponsors