Become a Patron!

My vape has broke

Hi I’m not sure how this works but A couple weeks ago I was twisting really hard on my tank to get it off because I wanted to put another tank on my drag vape and then something snapped and now I have this, I just want to get the tank of the piece that snapped can someone pls helpimage.jpg

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The 510 connection of your Drag has broke, hard to tell in the picture but if the wire to that piece isn't connected and you don't have soldering skills the mod is garbage. The other issue would be securing that 510 back into the mod.

When you do get a new mod don't crank the tank down and over tighten it. Your tank only needs to be snug.

Good luck

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yup. This ^^^^^^^^

Sorry, but it does happen.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Those 2 partial bolts/screws is what held the 510 on the mod. You can hold those with something like pliers to keep that part from turning, then unscrew the tank. If the tank is really tight you'll need something like another set of pliers/channellocks for the tank and you can wrap it with a cloth to keep from scratching it. Put the pliers below the glass.

Those 2 partial bolts/screws is what held the 510 on the mod. You can hold those with something like pliers to keep that part from turning, then unscrew the tank. If the tank is really tight you'll need something like another set of pliers/channellocks for the tank and you can wrap it with a cloth to keep from scratching it. Put the pliers below the glass.
Thank you so much it actually worked I appreciate you

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When you do get a new mod don't crank the tank down and over tighten it. Your tank only needs to be snug.
What else can I say... lesson learned (and get a new mod)
I'm an auto mechanic and this is common. Some mechanics just tighten the crap out of everything. the key word is "snug" but some people don't get this (200 lbs/sq in is a bit much)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What else can I say... lesson learned (and get a new mod)
I'm an auto mechanic and this is common. Some mechanics just tighten the crap out of everything. the key word is "snug" but some people don't get this (200 lbs/sq in is a bit much)
This response compels me to say it is interesting to read. Why? Well, I know a guy who is a certified diesel mechanic, a certified machinist.

When I started vaping and using those pen style vaping units. The Smok ARO tanks and eGo twist batteries, I used to gorilla tighten the tanks on. I'm no mechanic of any means myself. In fact I barely ever do anything to motors/engines mechanical stuff.

My mechanic friend would crawl all over me like I was a child. Boy did I ever get called all but human. To see now a mechanic admit they too can over tighten stuff is amazing to me. Hell I thought you guys were like surgeons and beyond ever, ever, ever, doing that. At least so my mechanic friend conned me into believing.

I see you say some mechanics. I guess some mechanics then are pricks too, huh? I'm speaking generally as in any mechanic, if the shoe fits and all.I'm just in bewildered amazement. "Wow, mechanics can screw up just like me, too. How 'bout that?"

VU Sponsors