Become a Patron!

Need Suggestions..

Hi Everyone,

I'm not new to vaping or anything but I am looking for suggestions on the best all in one box mod. I currently use the Aspire Plato and I like it but, I've had it for about a year now and its getting a little run down.I'm pretty clumsy so its taken quite a beating but still works great. I don't want to get to the point where I am SOL when this one finally kicks the bucket and would like to have a backup option. I really like the all in one style that allows high resistance replaceable coils so in I'm currently in the market for a new box mod similar to the Plato but just haven't had much luck finding something online I can trust.

Does anyone else use an all in one other than the Plato from Aspire, and if you do then how do you like it? How easy is it to replace the coil and how easy is it to find replacement coils?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If you've enjoyed it for a year, you could buy another one! Sorry I don't have any other suggestions :oops:

I've honestly thought about it but I want to venture out and try a new device. It can be hard to find the Triton mini coils in the 1.8 resistance from time to time so I have to stock up on them when I can.

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I've honestly thought about it but I want to venture out and try a new device. It can be hard to find the Triton mini coils in the 1.8 resistance from time to time so I have to stock up on them when I can.

My freedom smokes has always had the triton mini 1.8 coils in stock when I’ve ordered from them. Around 9 dollars for a five pack I believe. You might check with them if you are looking for the coils. I’ve never had an all in one so I can’t help on that end.

In the immortal words of Socrates, “ I drank what?!”

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Spares are always good.

Case in point, I have a road trip coming up and I will be taking two mods and two tanks with me.

Have you ever considered getting an RTA and buying professionally wrapped coils which you install yourself?

Very easy to install and they last a long time with proper care (dry burning and replacing the wicks on a regular basis)?

I think I am going on 6 months on the last coil I installed!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It's just that, it's actually kinda rare to find a device like yours that you like and it works and it lasts that long; going out and trying something new might end up being a disappointing hassle, money sink and failure

I would make a terrible counselor, wouldn't I?

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi Everyone,

I'm not new to vaping or anything but I am looking for suggestions on the best all in one box mod. I currently use the Aspire Plato and I like it but, I've had it for about a year now and its getting a little run down.I'm pretty clumsy so its taken quite a beating but still works great. I don't want to get to the point where I am SOL when this one finally kicks the bucket and would like to have a backup option. I really like the all in one style that allows high resistance replaceable coils so in I'm currently in the market for a new box mod similar to the Plato but just haven't had much luck finding something online I can trust.

Does anyone else use an all in one other than the Plato from Aspire, and if you do then how do you like it? How easy is it to replace the coil and how easy is it to find replacement coils?
Billet box. My favorite AIO. Single battery. Uses a few different coils(Kanger/Atlantis/Veco/Kanger rebuild deck). About as big as a pack of smokes. Decent tank size. The authentic is expensive, but there are clones available. Coil replacement is about similar to the Plato. I have two and I love them. Check em out!

My freedom smokes has always had the triton mini 1.8 coils in stock when I’ve ordered from them. Around 9 dollars for a five pack I believe. You might check with them if you are looking for the coils. I’ve never had an all in one so I can’t help on that end.

In the immortal words of Socrates, “ I drank what?!”

They have the worst coils IMO. I bought from them a few times but their coils don't last as long. After a few days of vaping I get this dry burnt taste like the coil has gone bad even tho I make sure to keep the tank full and make sure I did everything right, prime the coil before inserting it. I've even completely taken apart my plato and gave it a thorough cleaning but I think they sell replica coils. I started buying from Vapor Authority. Their coils are pricey buy last almost 10 days before I have to change them out. I usually buy 3 or 4 packs at a time to save on the shipping cost. The coil package also looks different between the two vendors. The packs from MFS has this sticker on the back that states the product contains nicotine and the ones from VA do not.

Billet box. My favorite AIO. Single battery. Uses a few different coils(Kanger/Atlantis/Veco/Kanger rebuild deck). About as big as a pack of smokes. Decent tank size. The authentic is expensive, but there are clones available. Coil replacement is about similar to the Plato. I have two and I love them. Check em out!

THANK YOU! I just checked them out and I like what I see. I'm going to give this a shot.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Oh my goodness, I didn't think about that. I Love my BB, and he could use his same coils or different ones, couldn't he?!

Spares are always good.

Case in point, I have a road trip coming up and I will be taking two mods and two tanks with me.

Have you ever considered getting an RTA and buying professionally wrapped coils which you install yourself?

Very easy to install and they last a long time with proper care (dry burning and replacing the wicks on a regular basis)?

I think I am going on 6 months on the last coil I installed!

I'v read about these but I travel a lot for work and I just want something very simple like the Plato. I can drain the tank very easily before I get on a plane and load it back up when the plane depressurizes(so my tank doesn't leak) and be ready to go. I also don't want to lug around a bunch of gear. When I travel I just take an extra coil a 30ml bottle and an extra battery.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
THANK YOU! I just checked them out and I like what I see. I'm going to give this a shot.
Yay! I’m glad I could help! I love my Billet. I even ordered spare tanks so I could switcharoo when I felt like it. They’re not super heavy either....nice to carry in a pocket. And they don’t leak!

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
This^^^^

VU Sponsors