Become a Patron!

New Evolv Board and Provari

Masked Vaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a freight train mods general epipe coming soon, I'm working on building an sx350 mod, but I'm more excited about this damn new provari than both of those together :rolleyes:

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I wanted to way in on the Provari. I really wish they just changed the amperage rating and allowed the use of atomizers 0.7ohm and above. I could care less about variable wattage. Variable Voltage is fine. But it would be nice to be able to run my RBA on my Provari or my Mech mod and get a similar result. Difference of course that the Provari could keep my voltage the same throughout the life of my batteries which is a HUGE bonus.

CV :)

1truk

Member For 4 Years
Wow didn't take long to get people bashing the provari and then the loyal provari uses jump to defend it, thought I was on ECF for a moment :p

I had a provari for 2 months and then sold it, not because it was bad, I wanted one for so long, but then I got one and not long after I got into mechanical mods, so was building lower builds, which the provari couldn't handle, so stopped getting use, I think if want a solid VV device, I think the smart move is the provari, but if want more then the provari isn't for you.

I do think with all the 30+ watt devices hitting the market, the provari is going to lose out, yes 24watts is enough for most people, but people also always want more, think a lot of people will be complaining it only goes to 24watts, even though they have been complaining there was no VW before, will never keep everyone happy.

Also I might of sold my provari after 2 months, but lost very little money on it, provari's do hold their value well ;)

I could care less what people have to say about the Provari or any other device out there so long as their comments are clearly based on opinion and not bashing them as fact when they are clearly incorrect. The Provari is not for everyone and there is nothing wrong with that. I also agree that they are possibly making a mistake with the 24 Watt limit, but they did not ask me for my opinion. That being said, I did get a little miffed with the clearly false statements that the Provari is not made in the USA. I do not want to go into too much of a rant here however, there are guidelines every manufacturer HAS to conform to just to say that something is made in the US, some of which require percentages etc etc ... When Provape designed the Provari they went out of their way to source as many parts and services locally as possible and If memory serves there is only one part in the entire device that is not made in USA. They even hand made their own testing gear so they did not have to purchase outside the USA. They source local companies to make their Tubes, Top Caps, Display, Code for the electronics. They've hired top notch Engineers and workers laid off from Tech jobs .. These are the good guys. If you don't like their product, thats OK .. you want to talk about what it does not do, thats fine. Like I said their stuff is not for everyone. Just don't start spreading rumors about them that are absolutely not true.

Joe, you usually plug deals; I don't understand why you would be plugging the provari; it's not a feature rich device, it's not a spectacular or useful device, and they are finally catching onto the VW more than a year after the industry did.... and I search in vain to find the words "american made" anywhere on evolv's website, which is provari's big claim, but they don't offer anything over ANYONE else throwing DNA boards into nicely made bodies they make themselves.

My problem with provari is not the device, or even the bizarre apple-like loyalty, it's the margins they have.
I bought a hand-made box mod that has a vamo board and dual 18650s. I know the tin cost him 3 bucks, the vamo board maybe 12, and maybe 15 more for all the connectors, battery trays, passthrough circuitry and wires. and I paid 70 bucks over his 25-30... but this device was hand made, is extremely durable, and has a feature I was hard pressed to find elsewhere; dual 18650s in a trim form factor. A provari passthrough is 65 bucks, and 180 for the device+18650 tube.

This is not a deal. While "american made," it's MUCH more expensive than many similar devices, and even more expensive than many, many one man operations. Yesterday a ton of large box mods were plugged by something curtis on the FB group; however, these had novel features; 2x18650, paired DNA30 AND mech in a SINGLE device; while 200 ish dollars, they offered a MASSIVE swath of features, while also being amazingly well build and very pretty.

The provari is a bad deal, a bad device, and years behind the times. The few things pushed as it's advantages are defeated by tons of other folks, and coming full circle; the margins are insane. I'm sure their cost to build is close to 20-30 bucks. Pretty sure their VV module is proprietary but very likely sourced from a Chinese manufacturer to order. (Not from a USA circuitry manufacturing, because that would eat up too much of the margins, of course!)
These costs are likely very slim because they likely order in huge bulk.
So at what point do we call their costs and overhead too much? I think it's at the point when a plug in passthrough costs 60 bucks.

I know this is a huge rant, but I'd love to see one BIG thing set us apart from ECF: The forum doesn't have an official boner for the Provari.

It's a bad device, and we shouldn't get behind it; we're better than that.

As quoted from Provape back in 2012:

Several have asked if the ProVari is just “assembled” in the US or “made” in the US, so to address this questions here are some details:

The ProVape-1 and ProVari are actually MADE and ASSEMBLED in the USA.

Parts - Machined right here in Monroe, WA. We use US-made stainless steel bar stock to produce the tubes, top caps, bottom caps, contact pins, etc. Everything is done on our machines locally. No outsourcing.

Bare Circuit Boards - Manufactured in Illinois. We do not purchase the circuit boards from China due to their poor quality. While the circuit boards are more expensive to produce in the USA; this is the heart of the system and it’s important to us that they are the best quality we can get. Each PCB is electronically tested before it ever sees components.

Electronic Components on Circuit Board – these are the only parts that might come from outside of the USA. Some of these parts are simply not made in the US, so we can’t get them from a US source, even though we would prefer to.

We use components from Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, China and the USA.

Component assembly - Components are soldered onto the circuit boards at a facility outside Seattle, Washington. After getting components installed, the boards are tested several more times at our Monroe facility to ensure they are ready to ship. We test each one multiple times to give you the most reliable product you can get.

We don't cut any corners when it comes to quality control, testing, and component selection.

We love to hear all the positive comments about the ProVari and PV1. Thank you for your support!
001_smile.gif

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/289525-provari-made-usa.html

dchest02

Member For 4 Years
Parts - Machined right here in Monroe, WA. We use US-made stainless steel bar stock to produce the tubes, top caps, bottom caps, contact pins, etc. Everything is done on our machines locally. No outsourcing.

I'm glad this was posted because I actually know people that work in the machine shop where they make the parts. So it's not 100% made in america, but it is 99.9% made in america. That's close enough for me.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
If that ever happens, the best of luck to ya in getting one....the lines will be incredibly long...:)

But can you imagine what it would be like?

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Provari v2.5 and it is a well made mod that has been dead reliable. Unfortunately, it doesn't meet my needs as a vaper anymore with the limited resistance range and power levels. So it is now my dedicated backup device to my Cloupor box mod that meets my needs much better with restance and power ranges. One thing that still bothers me about the Provari is the ramp up time. Whenever I hit the fire button it takes 1 to 1.5seconds for the coil to heat to the point I get a decent vape. At the same power settings on my cheap box mod I can vape immediately after hitting the fire button. Not a big deal I guess, but I just have never liked that delay. I hope the new Provari has better specs than just 0.5ohm and 24watts. Those specs will just barely meet my needs right now with even glassomizers performing brilliantly at 20watts (Aspire BVC coils) and I'm afraid the new Provari won't meet my needs for long. When I got my Provari I vaped at 8watts and it was a good device (except for the long ramp up time), but I really can't see investing $200 in a 24watt device that will likely be relgated to the junk drawer in a relatively short period of time. We'll just have to see what they come out with to see what innovations the new device brings to the table. Provape may have some new killer feature that makes all my complaints moot. Time will tell.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
The Provari is a well known and respected device.

But it seems to me they have rested on their laurels long enough.

And now that they have seen the light and are upgrading, before the upgrades have hit the market they are starting out behind all of the newest latest and greatest.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Provape has never catered to the masses with the Provari...it does what it does and does it very well, all while offering high quality, durability, and state of the art customer service. It has never been meant to be all things to all people. If it doesn't fit in with your vaping style, you likely never were their target customer.... there are countless other options on the market that may fit your needs better...there has never been a better time to be a vaper with all the different choices available to us now...

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
When I decided to move up past ego style batteries, I argued with my 2nd personality for weeks over the possibility of ordering a Provari. Seemed like those that had one loved it. I didn't read a single negative review. The only con was "Your going to pay extra for quality". A month ago I ordered one and instantly felt regret and wondered if I should scramble and try to cancel the order. I did not cancel my order. When it arrived I took it out of the box and held it in my hands like a father holding its newborn. In just a few seconds I went from regret to elation. Simple, compact, well made with buttery threads. I think it spoke to me. Or the other me. Bought another for a friend yesterday at 10 percent off. Love them. I am grateful there are those who don't own one that despise them. Keeps the price lower than it could be.
You are one helluva friend! Why can't I have friends like that lol!

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
For the record, I don't despise them. I do indeed rather like them and I can see the value in them don't get me wrong.

But I do have to admit that I am happy just having a nice, tasty and warm vape and this can be found in much less costly devices.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Provape has never catered to the masses with the Provari...it does what it does and does it very well, all while offering high quality, durability, and state of the art customer service. It has never been meant to be all things to all people. If it doesn't fit in with your vaping style, you likely never were their target customer.... there are countless other options on the market that may fit your needs better...there has never been a better time to be a vaper with all the different choices available to us now...
Actually, I was exactly their target market when I started vaping... running 1.8ohm clearos at 3.4~3.6v. The problem is that I outgrew the Provari with all the nicer tanks that have come out and leave me wanting more out of my Provari. I think you will find I am not a unique case and this is more common with every passing day as toppers are improved and released. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing bad to say about my Provari... it has been a great device and I think they are a very good company. I'm not bagging on Provape, I would just hate to see them release something new and be well behind the "new" typical vaping curve. But it's all speculation and they may release something that has features that steal the market. At least I hope so.

MildCheddar

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You are one helluva friend! Why can't I have friends like that lol!

It isn't so much as a gift to this friend as it is a deal. He gets the provari and has 30 days to decide if he wants to purchase it from me or if he wants to continue smoking cigarettes and return it to me. If he does decide to quit smoking and continue vaping, he can save up the money he does not use from buying cigarettes, and pay me when he has the total amount. He does have a much lesser vaping unit that he says he uses on very rare occasions because he isn't happy with its performance, so I offered him this deal, as he can't swing the whole amount. IF he returns it and keeps smoking? Oh well, I gave it my best effort.

1truk

Member For 4 Years
It isn't so much as a gift to this friend as it is a deal. He gets the provari and has 30 days to decide if he wants to purchase it from me or if he wants to continue smoking cigarettes and return it to me. If he does decide to quit smoking and continue vaping, he can save up the money he does not use from buying cigarettes, and pay me when he has the total amount. He does have a much lesser vaping unit that he says he uses on very rare occasions because he isn't happy with its performance, so I offered him this deal, as he can't swing the whole amount. IF he returns it and keeps smoking? Oh well, I gave it my best effort.

Even with the clarification of your post you still qualify as "one helluva friend!".

My first device (SID) wound up falling apart.

My second device (DNA20 mod) has been babied, but the plastic case is starting to split apart along the 510 connector.

My third device (Cana Modz clone) shorted and fried a VTC5, leaving me with no nicotine intake for nearly 12 hours on one of the most stressful days in my life.

I was never really a fan of the Provari for all the "usual reasons", but after going through all these failures, I am about to pull the trigger and get one. I just don't know whether I should get a tried-and-true v2.5 now, and wait a bit to get a v3 once it's been in the field for a while, or if I can hobble along for a couple months and roll the dice as soon as the v3 is released...

Edit: Just re-watching pbusaro's tour factory, and realized Phil from Provape looks just like Linus Torvalds. A lot of their interview is making my mouth drool even more.

Getting really close to pulling the trigger now on a v2.5, and help clear out their inventory to make more space for the v3 for all you kind folks... ;)

Last edited:

FyrPrf1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Assumption? Its fact. We've been able to buy all we like from evolv without issue. Why? Because we're placing large orders. Unless you're buying about a hundred boards or more, you're not buying direct from evolv these days. People looking for a board or two assuming evolv will magically start selling single boards again are in for quite a wait. In the meantime we'll keep supplying the rest of the hobbyists and small builders who can't place orders large enough to interest evolv :)
People not "in the know" or "in the loop" Chris.............. probably wouldn't have any idea of that fact- & therefore, WOULD obviously be going to the place that makes the board............... to buy one. Not sure how that leads to anyone assuming OR why you keep repeating that statement & are then being SO incredibly rude to the person asking? I can see you're a moderator.. and a vendor.... &, jeez... kinda makes it even worse. Been vaping for years... & if I were in the market for a dna chip itself, guess which site I'd be watching? Right... ESP. when the site has them with "ADD CART" on it- that's never highlighted. Idk... maybe I'm taking it out of context & if so, I apologize- Just seemed super harsh.. I felt bad for that vaper.. & needed to say.. something. Makes it no wonder tho, that a lot of people are hesitant to participate &/or contribute on forums, groups, fb, etc... (today being the 1st time I've commented in years, btw.. &.... considering..... will, unfortunately, prob be the last, too) Anyway... LIVE LONG -er & VAPE ON!

FyrPrf1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
#Realtalk the wattage provari is gonna flop.We are at a market which the interest is for 50 watts plus and they took so long to update and we only get 24 watts gtfo pro vape. i really wanna know more about evolvs chip im really hoping its 150-200 watts because of what joe said about temperature control...maybe just wishfull thinking
Realtalk? Nope... the original Provari still sells like hotcakes. So not sure would make anyone think (like it or not... hell, I've used one- but don't even own a Provari) the new one won't sell like crazy? It will sell, noooo problem. It will go only to 24w, not 150-200 probably ever'.. & definitely, without a doubt... regardless of cost... will not flop. Just because it's not for you... doesn't make it bad. Might be the exact thing that keeps someone from smoking so.. let them have it, it's all good in the end. :) Live long -er & vape on!

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Realtalk? Nope... the original Provari still sells like hotcakes. So not sure would make anyone think (like it or not... hell, I've used one- but don't even own a Provari) the new one won't sell like crazy? It will sell, noooo problem. It will go only to 24w, not 150-200 probably ever'.. & definitely, without a doubt... regardless of cost... will not flop. Just because it's not for you... doesn't make it bad. Might be the exact thing that keeps someone from smoking so.. let them have it, it's all good in the end. :) Live long -er & vape on!
Hi [user]FyrPrf1[/user] I think we chatted a bit on Pinterest at one time :)
Totally agree. I think the new provari will sell well, not because we're a mad bunch that spends like crazy or because we love shiny things, I don't even think the reason will be attributed to provapes marketing. It'll be because of word of mouth. Newer vapers that are looking to progress will feel confident in their long established reputation. Following a few bad reviews on certain other devices vapers no longer touched them. But rants about provari issues have never stuck. They just seem to fade away.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
More importantly @FyrPrf1 don't stop posting. We should be setting the standard in the vape world afaik. Guys should feel that they can speak openly and straight towards women as much as they do towards men in disagreement over a point with no animosity and not feel they have to tiptoe around them.

FyrPrf1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi [user]FyrPrf1[/user] I think we chatted a bit on Pinterest at one time :)
Totally agree. I think the new provari will sell well, not because we're a mad bunch that spends like crazy or because we love shiny things, I don't even think the reason will be attributed to provapes marketing. It'll be because of word of mouth. Newer vapers that are looking to progress will feel confident in their long established reputation. Following a few bad reviews on certain other devices vapers no longer touched them. But rants about provari issues have never stuck. They just seem to fade away.
Hey there @Hobby Kid Nope, not me- never been on Pinterest.. sorry. :) Either way.. appreciate your response & more importantly, your support- thank you! I agree, people should be able to express their opinions, share things & post.. regardless if it's controversial &/or against what is being said. ....... we all know how that goes, tho. LOL Anyway thanks again.. it means a lot. Where are you from? (have lots of family from Glasgow, Scotland) Waving at 'cha, all the way from Chicago.. ;)

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi I'm from the uk. Born in london. I've travelled and lived all over Scotland. It's like my second home. I also lived in Glasgow's Bridgeton and then Govan. I also lived on the parkhill estate in Sheffield lol So everywhere I've lived has been rough. But now living on the south coast in brighton's west end. Am posh now lol.

Well you know, I try to see both sides of a discussion. It's easy to get distracted on a one point issue and not see the wider picture. I'm going to be a provari user eventually. It's written in the stars. But elitism (in this case some provari communities) isn't something exclusive to a product. It's down to individuals. It's just that birds of a feather flock together. Seeing elitism makes people's stomachs churn and it can turn people away from the product. More importantly, it's most likely that when members engage in a heated discussion that they'll probably see eye to eye on most other issues.

I said the other day I think Phil Pbusardo looks angry all the time like he's gonna tell you off lol. Well everyone disagreed :) But so what? If I'd got upset and stopped posting, if we stop posting whenever that happens then members will feel they can't speak their minds when they disagree. It's childish. There's a big divide between childish and silly.

This is childish:
"Well f@*k you you muthax*@ng *un*"

This is silly:
image.jpg

punkonjunk

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm glad this was posted because I actually know people that work in the machine shop where they make the parts. So it's not 100% made in america, but it is 99.9% made in america. That's close enough for me.
I violently detest this argument.
My Cana mod is used 100% in america, guaranteed. Purchased from an american vendor, too! That american vendor does rigorous quality control on the product, I looked into it a bit and it's why I went with them! They'll replace it for a year if it fails.
But it's totally chinese parts.

Imagine if the phone, laptop, or computer you're typing on was made in america; would that be worth the cost? When do you stop pretending supporting american manufacture is too expensive?

http://www.rightwingnews.com/china/...f-it-werent-made-by-suicidal-slaves-in-china/

That's just an ipad, they are cheap anyhow. We looked into it at the shop I work at; an american made motherboard for an old 478 board custom made for ATMS (pentium 4, old, like year 2000 old) cost the company that provides them like a grand. Each. FOR ANCIENT ARCHITECTURE. Based on the bit we could gather for parts that can or are made 100% in the USA (again not including ICs because apparently no one does, nothing is 100%) would cost close to 8000 dollars for the equivalent 1200ish dollar machine.

What makes american made special? (You ever use an american made straight razor? )
Is it the QC? Do we have better raw materials in america? What is it?

My Chinese mod is awesome. I'm not particularity fond of china, but it doesn't make me irrationally hate it because it's on the "wrong team."

The opposite side of that, rooting for your team meaninglessly is awful, and infuriating; the provari is not a special device. Good quality control and a warranty is not hard to come by. A vendor willing to honor manufacturer warranty directly and eat the RMA covers ever imaginable issue.

America is totally awesome, and living here rocks. I think democracy and capitalism kick ass. I think communism is awful. But that doesn't mean things made in china, or korea, or anywhere else are awful. American made doesn't make anything special.

And while one in a hundred might give a shit about human rights violations, etc, I don't. I don't mean that cruelly; I would hate that to happen here. I live here, it matters more here in the good ol' USA. China isn't my problem. Not buying chinese made stuff doesn't do anything.

Spout off all you want about american jobs, too. Logistics is hard business, and you could likely argue that staffing sourcing all the parts for USA assembly is about the same as a couple smaller batch jobs for something like the provari.

I live in green bay, wi. I get a lot of exposure to irrational love for a home team. It's baffling and infuriating. Provape has never offered anything novel besides a ridiculous thing to exclaim; "zuhmg, murika"

millie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Some you are just sooooo funny.

You'd think there was a law that one could only own or use one device, or one type of device.

I like variety.;)

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some you are just sooooo funny.

You'd think there was a law that one could only own or use one device, or one type of device.

I like variety.;)
Me too...38 mods and counting....;)

BeirutVet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I always recommend a provari for vapors that want their first real big battery upgrade. The provari is a workhorse that goes on forever. It's an excellent jumping off point so that if the user wants to get into other crazy mods, they will always know that their 'good ole reliable' is still in their collection. It also comes with the knowledge that just about everything is US made without the insanely high markup that sometimes comes with that. Most average vapors rarely go above 20watts, and a provari can be a staple or a very good backup for any user.
Provari was my first BIG battery jump and I couldn't agree more. Still use it daily w an iClear 30 S. Since my Provary Ive purchased 3 26650 mechs, 5 18350 mechs, 2 30 watt box clones and 2 iPV 50 watt box mods. Provari is my solid daily vape...I'd look pretty weird at the office blowing clouds at 50 watts.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd love a Provari, but I didn't want to fiddle with setting the voltage with every tank I put on top of it. I can't wait for this to come out so I can set my wattage at 8.5 watts and forget it.

I LOVE SVDs, but this button issue is getting ricoculous.

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a thought. Maybe the reason for the slow release of the Provari 3 is that Provape is in the process of FDA approval for their entire line of devices. This way if or when the shit hits the fan with new regulations Provape has already covered their ass and they can sell the Provari without issues. The guys at Provape
seem to be very smart and would never want to harm or hinder the growth of the company due to FDA hoops.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'd love a Provari, but I didn't want to fiddle with setting the voltage with every tank I put on top of it. I can't wait for this to come out so I can set my wattage at 8.5 watts and forget it.

I LOVE SVDs, but this button issue is getting ricoculous.

Yeah, I agree with the SVD. I am on my 2nd one because the button died on the first. I loved the first so much I bought a 2nd one. Now I barely use it because I have Mech mods and Kayfuns at 0.7 to 1.0 ohms. But I think if SVD did not have button issues it would be the best 15 watt mod out there.

CV :)

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I always recommend a provari for vapors that want their first real big battery upgrade. The provari is a workhorse that goes on forever. It's an excellent jumping off point so that if the user wants to get into other crazy mods, they will always know that their 'good ole reliable' is still in their collection. It also comes with the knowledge that just about everything is US made without the insanely high markup that sometimes comes with that. Most average vapors rarely go above 20watts, and a provari can be a staple or a very good backup for any user.

Me as well. Most of the time my Kayfuns and Russians are either on my Provari, or my Chana 30 watt. I've got a 20 watt Sigelei that ain't been seeing a lot of use, my brother wants to upgrade from ego's so I'll be giving him the 20 watt.

Masked Vaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I really hope that provape has the v3 in a version similar to the provari stealth... its beautiful

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    235.1 KB · Views: 22
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    239.1 KB · Views: 18

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I really hope that provape has the v3 in a version similar to the provari stealth... its beautiful
Oh yea, that is sexy, but for $292 with tank ring and 18650 end cap, I could buy a lot of mods....

If the V3 has 30 watts and is offered in stealth black, I might get one.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ill be buying one the moment the arrive. Can't wait.
Absolutely! Provari was my first "big" purchase after I had started vaping and it is tried and true. Looking forward to the new one.

Masked Vaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Phill busardo already has the V3. He took it to vapecan in Ontario, and showed people let them hold it but no photography was allowed..

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just watched the vid - I'm ready for the P3 - putting my pennies (err, $$) in the jar!

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
temp cut off is better for wax vapors and oil concentrate folks...cant see that being to useful unless your running a 200w board with 85 amp batteries and no kick....hehehehe

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
and BnM sales first? bad move on their behalf.....baaaad move.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
it is sexy however, and peeks my interest.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the first review is here!!! The Provari P3
Thanks for that. Provape have put a lot of thought into it. I think if I get one I'd always have that nagging at the back of my mind telling me it's only 20watts. I like the idea of the booster so you don't have to do primer toots. I wish they did a different button. Those little plastic translucent ones seem very dated now. I'll probably get one after everyone has finished queuing, because it's nice and because I can.

Reason why I want a regulated device to sub ohm: so I can use my tanks that I have already got set up with sub ohm coils in them instead of being limited to what I can use.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yeah, being limited sucks

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have to say, I am really glad to see provape upping their game, but I must say it may be too little too late. I mean, it seems like a great device, but it is already outdated with the new boards coming out. That is not to say it needed to be 100 watts or anything, but I think 30 watts for a outrageously expensive device would not be asking too much. If they would have pushed it to 0.5 ohm capable and 30 watts, I think they would sell the living crap out of these regardless of price. But with only 20 watts, just not worth the money. If they were going to sell this for the same price as the v2.5 and then lower the v2.5 price to $120 - $130, it would be a real winner in my book. More than the v2.5 though?? No way would I spend the money. But that is just me, and my opinion only. I understand some are going to jump on this thing like it is the best thing since sliced bread.

CV:)

MildCheddar

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The only people who the provari 3 isn't an option for, are people who no longer use atty's with coils over .7 ohms, and never vape under 20 watts. I wouldn't try to speak for the entire population, but I assume the vast majority have SOME attys that run over .7 and do use some atty's at less then 21 watts. Few people buy one mod or vape setup. Nothing wrong with a high quality device for everything from .8 on up, and something different for everything lower than .8. Personally I have a few mods for both spectrums. More than likely, it will be the price that makes most people hesitant. Of course a lot of veterans will scoff at the low wattage and refuse to buy, but provape will continue to make profits and the world will continue to turn.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors