Become a Patron!

New Evolv Board and Provari

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This device will not be for everyone. For me the P3 will be perfect. I have never vaped at 20 watts and have never had the need to. I like to build my coils around 1.8 ohm and 13 to 16 watts is where I like to Vape. Quality vapor and battery life is what I'm looking for. When I watched pbursado video I was impressed with the new features and I knew if I decided to get this that it will last a very long time. I still have the two provaris I bought years ago and they still work like the day I got them .... I just hope it's priced close to $200 and not $300.

MildCheddar

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
and BnM sales first? bad move on their behalf.....baaaad move.

The brick and mortar stores are their best customers. Shop owners buy dozens of Provaris. Why not give their best customers (shop owners) first crack at sales. Contact a B&M and ask to get on a wait list.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The brick and mortar stores are their best customers. Shop owners buy dozens of Provaris. Why not give their best customers (shop owners) first crack at sales. Contact a B&M and ask to get on a wait list.

brick and mortars vape shops reported a little over 20 million in sales last year...Internet sales on vape products hit over 400 million....

MildCheddar

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
brick and mortars vape shops reported a little over 20 million in sales last year...Internet sales on vape products hit over 400 million....

A online provari buyer usually buys one, possibly two or three provari's, maybe a couple more if they have a fetish. A retailer buys a lot more Provaris. If Provape wants to reward it's best customer (The Shop Owner who bought dozens) who cannot sell online and must wait for walk-ins, then that is certainly understandable IMO. Someone who really wants a P3 badly, probably isn't going to suddenly boycott Provape because somebody near a brick and mortar got one first, but, I suppose it's possible.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A online provari buyer usually buys one, possibly two or three provari's, maybe a couple more if they have a fetish. A retailer buys a lot more Provaris. If Provape wants to reward it's best customer (The Shop Owner who bought dozens) who cannot sell online and must wait for walk-ins, then that is certainly understandable IMO. Someone who really wants a P3 badly, probably isn't going to suddenly boycott Provape because somebody near a brick and mortar got one first, but, I suppose it's possible.
no, but they will turn around and sell it on ebay or craigslist for a higher than msrp listed price...creating a black market affect...bad for the company.

MildCheddar

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I suppose that will happen, the price gouging on Ebay. Everything anticipated in this world is now price gouged on Ebay when it is first released. That isn't the fault of manufacturers, and it shouldn't cause the price of the eventual online sales direct from Provape to increase, (I don't think). If Provape were to release it to BM's at for arguments sake, lets say a msrp of 250.00, and on Ebay it goes for 350.00, and then Provape changes the MSRP to it's online sales to MORE than 250.00 to reflect black market pricing, there would definitely be some anger. I think if someone wants a P3, and can't get one at a BM store, they will get one at the same price online from Provape shortly after. We will see. I'd like a P3, but only on reasonable terms and I'll vape happily on what I got until then.

Last edited:

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
supply and demand, the god of the market place lol. Nobody can sell an item over msrp or they are breaking the law, the company can sue whoever is selling the item. If a company raises the msrp to compensate for demand, it is considered unethical and can get them in trouble with the law as well.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
supply and demand, the god of the market place lol. Nobody can sell an item over msrp or they are breaking the law, the company can sue whoever is selling the item. If a company raises the msrp to compensate for demand, it is considered unethical and can get them in trouble with the law as well.

If this were true, the collectibles market would be screwed.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
lol....not sure your going to find an msrp on most collectables however....and it is up to the discretion of the manufacturer to go after the seller...in the collectables world, if they went after collectable sales, their products would no longer be collectable...but if you think mods are collectable, go for it. China companies wont go after resellers...USA companies sure as hell will.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP), list price or recommended retail price (RRP) of a product is the price which the manufacturer recommends that the retailer sell the product. The intention was to help to standardise prices among locations. While some stores always sell at, or below, the suggested retailprice, others do so only when items are on sale or closeout/clearance.

Suggested pricing methods may conflict with competition theory, as they allow prices to be set higher than would otherwise be the case, potentially negatively affecting consumers. However, resale price maintenance goes further than this and is illegal in many regions.

Much of the time, stores charge less than the suggested retail price[citation needed], depending upon the actual wholesale cost of each item, usually purchased inbulk from the manufacturer, or in smaller quantities through a distributor.

Suggested prices can also be manipulated to be unreasonably high, allowing retailers to use deceptive advertising by showing the excessive price and then their actual selling price, implying to customers that they are getting a bargain. Game shows have long made use of suggested retail prices both as a game element, in which the contestant must determine the retail price of an item, or in valuing their prizes.

Additionally, the use of MSRP and SRP have been confused. In certain supply chains, where a manufacturer sells to a wholesale distributor, and the distributor in turn sells to a reseller, the use of SRP is used to denote suggested reseller price. In that case MSRP is used to convey manufacturer suggested retail price.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i ran a business with my family for 20 years and was personally responsible for the face to face sales of over 50k a day, and there were 4 of us that had our sales in this target range. When money is involved at a greater level, you can always expect to be under the gun when it comes to msrp and other sales pricing. If you were talking about a market that wasn't getting so big so fast, I would not consider it an issue...But this market is getting big, fast. People do watch and take advantage of others in markets like this. I dont disagree that it is the sellers prerogative, but the manufacturers might see it differently, all Im saying...

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thinking about it, I can see where an *authorized* seller would get in trouble, but even authorized dealers of collectibles have been known to jack up the price way over what you would pay at Target/Wal*Mart, etc.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I didnt know you could get anything collectable from target walmart and the likes......hehehehhe

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tell that to Star Wars toy collectors. ;)

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The provari is the all American device. Like apple pie and it's built to last unlike the Chinese clones that last 6 months or less. When you buy cheap you buy 2 or 3 times. When you buy quality you buy once. As for how it looks and putting your lips on it, come on man are you not comfortable with your sexuality? Are you confused and think that maybe the device will make you go play on the other team? LOL! Atomizers and rba's are shaped like one as well unless your using a square device that we don't know about

can you explain this to Chevy...they seamed to have missed the memo....

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
star wars figures....really? lol, you win.

jonan69

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
can you explain this to Chevy...they seamed to have missed the memo....
I have no answer for that one bro. I used to love GM but they sourced out their parts and too many things got swept under the rug when they were looking for a helping hand from the government. Lol

jonan69

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a hand made box mod. The provari is not american made; the important part, the electronic components, are chinese made. I bought a vamo V2, eventually upgraded to a V5 becuase I wanted the V5 features. I eventually upgraded to a V5 board in a hand made box mod because I wanted to use more batteries.

I don't want to spend 250 dollars to get similar features ONCE, because new features will come out that I WILL WANT.... You know, like variable wattage. I love variable wattage; my 1.2 and 1.4 and 1.6 ohm coils perform nearly identically without me having to tinker with wattage setting.
I also like being able to cram in two batteries.

My device is hand made in america besides the electronics. It cost far less, has a ton more features, and is also warrantied for a year.

My device cost 70 dollars from an extremely nice man who's been exceptionally responsive, and had the device shipped like the lightning.
Drop your box mod 3 or 4 times and then come talk to me. LOL I have box mods and some are the higher end ones and sooner or later you end up using the warranty before it runs out (if your lucky enough). But my provari is like that car you own that you know that when you turn the key......it starts every time!

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hey jonan, is that Zuma?

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MSRP doesnt mean shit from toys to cars.

Its what the market willl bear. How many years did Harley dealerships sell certain models for way over MSRP due to supply and demand? 7years ? 10 years ?

How many times have we seen Chrysler- Dodge dealerships sell certain models for way over MSRP until the demand equalled out ?
Viper, Challenger, Charger, Prowler........

You will still see an old Mopar (Chrysler Dodge) cars from the late 60's early 70's in a New Car showroom around Atlanta for 60K to 100K amongst all the New models.

Anyway, thought that was just a silly argument I read above. Doubt it will happen with the Provari......much.

jonan69

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Huh? I made a reference to something didn't want to open a car dealership. LOL

db3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Was this a joke? Because this is just not true.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
well i will defer to your expertise.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thank you, we appreciate that.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I guess I should of implied it would be a civil matter and left to the courts to determine whether or not there is a financial responsibility to be burdened by the seller who was over pricing the product and hurting the reputation of the product in question.

VU Sponsors