Become a Patron!
I bought a Kangertech Dripbox 160 this past weekend. We left the store but came back the next day because we forgot the batteries. We got home and put it on charge so that I would have it while watching the Super Bowl. When I went to unplug it from the cable I could see on the screen it was at full charge. We sat down and watched the game and around halftime I hit it and noticed it was at half charge. I thought that it was just the way these things are since I've never used one but after the game, it was completely dead. I looked up some stuff but none of it really helped. I looked at the batteries and noticed that one had 1500mAh and the other had 3000mAh. Could anyone tell me if that's bad or not? I imagine it wouldn't be good but I wanna know what the risk is before I go back to the store.

Attachments

• WIN_20170206_12_33_27_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20170206_12_33_27_Pro.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 11

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's not good.. when ever you use a multicell mod (uses multiple batteries) you want to use a married set of the exact same type of battery...this shop sold you 2 different batteries as a set?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I bought a Kangertech Dripbox 160 this past weekend. We left the store but came back the next day because we forgot the batteries. We got home and put it on charge so that I would have it while watching the Super Bowl. When I went to unplug it from the cable I could see on the screen it was at full charge. We sat down and watched the game and around halftime I hit it and noticed it was at half charge. I thought that it was just the way these things are since I've never used one but after the game, it was completely dead. I looked up some stuff but none of it really helped. I looked at the batteries and noticed that one had 1500mAh and the other had 3000mAh. Could anyone tell me if that's bad or not? I imagine it wouldn't be good but I wanna know what the risk is before I go back to the store.
any batteries you use in a dual battery mod should be identical batteries, purchased together, used together and charged together always (referred to as married batteries)
you can't use 2 different batteries like that in your mod

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
You need to go back to the store and get a new pair of good batteries.

And I hope to hell that they aren't selling you Efest batteries either!

That's not good.. when ever you use a multicell mod (uses multiple batteries) you want to use a married set of the exact same type of battery...this shop sold you 2 different batteries as a set?

He said that he had exactly what I needed, went behind the counter and gave them to me. I didn't think to look at them because I trusted him, you know? I still have the receipt so they're gonna get an earful when I get off work.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He said that he had exactly what I needed, went behind the counter and gave them to me. I didn't think to look at them because I trusted him, you know? I still have the receipt so they're gonna get an earful when I get off work.
Yeah I'd be pissed, doesn't sound like he had a fuckin clue what he was doing or just doesn't care...I would definitely go down there and raise hell, it's shit like that that causes all the negative stuff your seeing on the news ( batteries venting and people getting hurt) but usually it's user error (subtank on a 4nine hybrid for example) good that you noticed the issue though before anything serious happened.

VU Sponsors