Become a Patron!

new vaper cuboid mini help

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi just started vaping. I bought a cuboid mini and am really confused, my question is about getting new coils. Can I just screw any coil onto It and put it into my tank or dose it have to be a joyetech coil. And if so witch ones? I know that the notch coils can be bought and used but I'm not really into them. And if I can use any coil what would you suggest for a higher vg liquid like vape wilds max vg e juice I believe its 80/20.
Thanks in advance for your time and responses really confused here.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Welcome @vapebeast92

You can use any of the Joyetech "Cubis" coil heads. Personally I like the notch coil, but I also really like the .5 Stainless Steel coil head. You can use it in Wattage or Temp Control mode. If you prefer a tighter "mouth to lung" vape, the Clapton is good, but it is a "tight" airflow. Hope this helps, I Love the Cuboid Mini, hope you enjoy it too.

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome @vapebeast92

You can use any of the Joyetech "Cubis" coil heads. Personally I like the notch coil, but I also really like the .5 Stainless Steel coil head. You can use it in Wattage or Temp Control mode. If you prefer a tighter "mouth to lung" vape, the Clapton is good, but it is a "tight" airflow. Hope this helps, I Love the Cuboid Mini, hope you enjoy it too.
Thanks for your quick reply where could I buy some of the .5 stainless steal coils? Also would a shop cary them or only online?

rolltidevaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Thanks for your quick reply where could I buy some of the .5 stainless steal coils? Also would a shop cary them or only online?
You might find them in a shop, especially if they carry the Cuboid Mini or the Cubis Tank. I saw them on sweetvapes.com (which I've ordered from before and they've been reliable) for just under $9 for a five pack. You can do a search on vapecrawler.com and might find a slightly better deal.

EDIT: it's sweet-vapes.com

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You might find them in a shop, especially if they carry the Cuboid Mini or the Cubis Tank. I saw them on sweetvapes.com (which I've ordered from before and they've been reliable) for just under $9 for a five pack. You can do a search on vapecrawler.com and might find a slightly better deal.
Ok thank you so much. One more thing can you use them with high vg e juice and how often should I replace these coils? Are the coils or coil heads?

rolltidevaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Ok thank you so much. One more thing can you use them with high vg e juice and how often should I replace these coils? Are the coils or coil heads?
I vape 70/30 VG/PG and some 80/20 with no problem. Actually vaping the Cubis right now! These are the coil heads. How long they last depends on so many things. I easily get 2-3 weeks, but I use a mostly "clear" juice that doesn't "gunk" them up too much. There is also a "RBA" (rebuildable) head for the Cubis, but I haven't tried it, so not sure how easy or hard it is to build. My guess is it might be a little challenging due to the small size.

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi and welcome. The mod you have is not important, the coil must fit the tank itself. If you bought the Cuboid Mini kit, you have a Cubis tank, and any of the coils for it will work in it. If you like to direct lung hit-- as opposed to mouth-to-lung-- then a .5 Stainless coil is an excellent choice, Stainless is very clean-tasting wire, IMHO, and .5Ω is a good place to be for a medium watt vaper. If you are worried about knock-off coils, authentic Joye coils are sold in a box with a scratch-off verification sticker.

You'll know when to change the coil; either the wire will burn out and it won't work at all, or the wick will plug up, get dry, burn, and then taste really foul. Really foul. I promise: you will know. It is likely thicker juice (also sweeter and/or darker colored juice) will plug up coils faster. Once they plug up, burning is not far behind. You can make coils last longer if you build them, especially if you sick rayon. But as has been said, the Cubis is probably not the best tank for that. Another possibility is, you might be able to rebuild your Cubis premade coils. I don't know about that one in particular, but many of them can be. Welcome to the board.

VU Sponsors