Become a Patron!

New Vaper. Question Cleaning Tank, Atomizer base, and Drip tip.

I was just wondering if my method for cleaning my tank was safe I have seen other threads about the topic but there didn't seem to be any consensus. I basically take my Nautilus tank completely apart and soak it for 10 minutes in 70% isopropyl alcohol. I then rinse each individual part with distilled water for about 30-40 seconds. I then dry each individual part using paper towel and cutips to get into tighter spaces. Then I install a new atomizer and refill the tank and start vaping. Is this method of cleaning safe? Is using isopropyl alcohol advisable? Any help would be appreciated.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
do you think using isopropyl alcohol is safe?
It is relatively safe if rinsed thoroughly and allowed to dry. Any residues left are of insignificant quantity to cause harm. I just dont think it's necessary as normally rinsing with water does enough for me. Hope that helps answer your question.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was just wondering if my method for cleaning my tank was safe I have seen other threads about the topic but there didn't seem to be any consensus. I basically take my Nautilus tank completely apart and soak it for 10 minutes in 70% isopropyl alcohol. I then rinse each individual part with distilled water for about 30-40 seconds. I then dry each individual part using paper towel and cutips to get into tighter spaces. Then I install a new atomizer and refill the tank and start vaping. Is this method of cleaning safe? Is using isopropyl alcohol advisable? Any help would be appreciated.
If your going to use rubbing alcohol then use 1 that is 90%.Then rinse with cold distilled water then hot then cold again.Either air dry the tank or use a hair drier on it's lowest coolest setting.
Personally I prefer dirt cheap vodka as that only needs 1 rinse in cold distilled water and a quick wipe down.
Oh 1 more piece of advice.Never ever use vinegar to clean the inside of your tanks.

VU Sponsors