Become a Patron!

Newbie!! Need battery help?

Hi guys :)

I've been vaping for almost 2 years now on the Eleaf I stick 30w and aspire mini tank. I've decided to upgrade to the kanger subox nano kit in a gorgeous pink shade :p
I've ordered the kit and a battery (Samsung inr18650-25r 18650 2500mAh flat top high drain battery (SAMBTY) - it's states on the spec it's 20a)! I've ordered both from the same company and its due to come today, however after reading some info I've seen it seems I maybe should have ordered a 35a battery so now I'm s bit scared to use it. My question is can I use it with the batt I bought or should I just order a different battery and wait til it comes? Any help would be much appreciated, until now I've always used the I stick which comes already with a battery so I really know nothing about battery's but want to use the device safely! Leanne :p

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Leanne - first, welcome to the Underground!

Second, you did great with that Samsung 25r, it'll power your mod just fine.

Third, there's no such thing as a 35 amp battery - there are a few 30 amp, but 20 is most common in the vape scene. Unfortunately there are a ton of battery "rewrappers" who take "seconds," or castoffs from a legitimate manufacturer, and put their own wrapper on the cell claiming false performance specifications. You did well avoiding them, and would be best served sticking with Samsung, Sony, or LG for all your battery needs.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

Hi Leanne - first, welcome to the Underground!

Second, you did great with that Samsung 25r, it'll power your mod just fine.

Third, there's no such thing as a 35 amp battery - there are a few 30 amp, but 20 is most common in the vape scene. Unfortunately there are a ton of battery "rewrappers" who take "seconds," or castoffs from a legitimate manufacturer, and put their own wrapper on the cell claiming false performance specifications. You did well avoiding them, and would be best served sticking with Samsung, Sony, or LG for all your battery needs.

Aww brilliant! Thank you so much, I was starting to panic I'd bought the wrong one so that's great news! I can start using it when it comes today then. Thank you again.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Use away - you're probably better off than if you'd bought a "35 amp" cell...

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What OBDave said is right on. You did good with a 25R.
Sony, Samsung and LG make all the batteries. Anything else is a re-wrap of there B stock. There is nothing yet made above 30 amps.

Welcome to the VU.

MorpheusPA

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
+Above. It's really hard to go wrong with a good Samsung (who tends to slightly under-rate their batteries!) or an LG (good, fair ratings).

Most re-wraps are overrated, and there are many wrap amperage claims that I consider going past over-rated and right into outright bald-face lies--not to mention unsafe.

You made a fantastic decision with the Samsung. At a 20A rating, it's going to be great, including a fair safety margin, to the full 50 watts the Subox can output.

For greatest safety, I generally recommend only using half the amp output, so up to 30 watts output will give you fantastic levels of battery safety. And yes, I'm exceedingly conservative when it comes to battery safety...most would set the limit considerably higher.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I ran my kbox mini at 45 watts with 25r and he2s with 0 issues. Just be mindful of the recommended and comfortable wattage for your tank/coils and you'll be fine. Overpowering a tank results in nasty burnt taste rather quickly, just because your mod will do 50w doesn't mean your tank can handle that much power, speaking from experience on that one.

VU Sponsors