Become a Patron!

Newbie Question Regarding Battery & Voltage

Hello everyone! I just received my Kangertech Subox mini. been play around with it for few hours and feels great!

My friend just help me build a coil for the RBA and it reads 0.7ohm and I'm vaping at 25W. The voltage was displayed as 4.3V.

Is it safe to vape at 25W on the 0.7ohm coil? My battery is LG HG2 3000mAh.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone! I just received my Kangertech Subox mini. been play around with it for few hours and feels great!

My friend just help me build a coil for the RBA and it reads 0.7ohm and I'm vaping at 25W. The voltage was displayed as 4.3V.

Depends on what kind of coil.
Single/Dual/Clapton/Dual Clapton/Alien...This list could get super long quickly.

Below are some examples of very advanced coils.

Image00046.jpg

Image00059.jpg

B7LMFrICMAABgLp.jpg

8e0df8b9304083780470bbe5eee9ba49.jpg

B1ksir4IMAAsSUL.jpg

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
0.7 ohms and 25 watts is perfectly reasonable.
If it was 0.07 ohms, you would be pushing the limits of a good battery - but even then, a regulated device like yours should protect you - it should warn you "low ohms" and/or block you from a dangerous setup.

You can use these calculators to explore what different coils will do, and what power is needed...
Ohms law calculator
Coil calculator

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Perfectly safe.

Depends on what kind of coil.
Single/Dual/Clapton/Dual Clapton/Alien...This list could get super long quickly.

Below are some examples of very advanced coils.

Image00046.jpg

Image00059.jpg

B7LMFrICMAABgLp.jpg

8e0df8b9304083780470bbe5eee9ba49.jpg

B1ksir4IMAAsSUL.jpg

It is single coil, I'm not sure the details of the wire but its 5 wraps.

if it is double coil and above, the wattage should lower or higher with my current setting (25W)? assuming it is 0.7ohm.

0.7 ohms and 25 watts is perfectly reasonable.
If it was 0.07 ohms, you would be pushing the limits of a good battery - but even then, a regulated device like yours should protect you - it should warn you "low ohms" and/or block you from a dangerous setup.

You can use these calculators to explore what different coils will do, and what power is needed...
Ohms law calculator
Coil calculator

Thanks for reply!
worry about the voltage might go too high that might cause any damage

I wonder what is the maximum wattage for 0.7ohm coil for the rba plus of this subtank mini?
it is not the same as OCC coil right? correct me if I'm wrong

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
You could turn the wattage all the way up if you wanted, the device is regulated and has a good battery. Just put the wattage on whatever gives you the best vape. If you are wondering about battery limits check out the steam engine ohm's law calculator and Google the mooch battery chart, that LG is good for 18-20 amps continuous. Using ohm's law .7 ohms @ 25 watts you are only pulling around 7 amps, way below the 18-20 amp rating of your battery.

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Using ohms law, a .7 ohm coil could be used at 250 watts pulling 18.9 amps, safe for the battery but way higher than your sub box will go and higher than anyone would ever want to vape IMO.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That rba is only designed for a single coil. You could use 2 coils wrapped in parallel, and it would lower the resistance(ohms) by 50%, to 0.35 in this case. However, it wouldn't fit on the tiny rba. Besides, it's more a matter of the mass of the coil needing more wattage to heat it, rather than the resistance. For example, I have a 2.5 wrap Alien coil in a Subtank Mini. It ohms out to 0.17, but only needs around 30-35W. It's 3×26g kanthol cores, wrapped with 34g SS316L.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could turn the wattage all the way up if you wanted, the device is regulated and has a good battery. Just put the wattage on whatever gives you the best vape. If you are wondering about battery limits check out the steam engine ohm's law calculator and Google the mooch battery chart, that LG is good for 18-20 amps continuous. Using ohm's law .7 ohms @ 25 watts you are only pulling around 7 amps, way below the 18-20 amp rating of your battery.
Remember ohm's law doesn't effect amp load on your batteries with a regulated mod- only watts and input voltage do. 25W at 0.1 or 1 Ohm is drawing 8A assuming a 3.1V cutoff at the battery (input) side.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Perfectly safe :) , build at whatever resistance the mod supports you enjoy. The only thing that matters is your set power (Watts) and input voltage.

The voltage displayed is what is being sent to your coil after being boosted, not the actual batteries voltage.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is single coil, I'm not sure the details of the wire but its 5 wraps.

if it is double coil and above, the wattage should lower or higher with my current setting (25W)? assuming it is 0.7ohm.
You are in the safe zone.
You could go either higher or lower.
If it is too hot turn it down.
Need/want more vapor turn it up.

VU Sponsors