Become a Patron!

Next Generation MTL tanks Part 2

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm with you Huck. I prefer glass tanks but sometimes I put up with the plastic ones. I just have to measure all the plastic tanks (the ones held in place by rings) and order the pyrex glass tubes.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It seems that the Corolla v1.5 with the funky green tops on the FT site is the only one that comes with glass tanks. I almost bought it, but the green tops really don't float my boat.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It seems that the Corolla v1.5 with the funky green tops on the FT site is the only one that comes with glass tanks. I almost bought it, but the green tops really don't float my boat.
I saw that and wondered if it was maybe a typo. I mean why would they all be plastic and yet, the green is glass. And I like green but passed anyway.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I prefer plastic tanks but I don't vape tank crackers. I'll take glass also, but its so fragile and I don't like vape bands on my works of art :)

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I saw that and wondered if it was maybe a typo. I mean why would they all be plastic and yet, the green is glass. And I like green but passed anyway.

I agree with the typo, why would all the others be plastic, but that one is glass?

I ordered one of the stainless versions, using code 'MAP' and got $3.41 off the list price, if I like the way it vapes, might order a few of the colored ones too.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I agree with the typo, why would all the others be plastic, but that one is glass?

I ordered one of the stainless versions, using code 'MAP' and got $3.41 off the list price, if I like the way it vapes, might order a few of the colored ones too.
I just read a post over at FT that said none of them are glass referring to the green one. Not that I believe everything I read, but it just makes sense they are all pmma. I still want to try one. I have plenty of glass tanks to use for high acidity liquids...Speaking of which I got my 13 dollar KF V5 from FT. Other than a blemish that most likely occurred during shipping, it is flawless. Deep dark laser etchings are very nice. No machining marks. no wobbles or misfitting issues. It's a real nice clone. I'll get a couple more for that price before they are all gone. Also, I find it to be a very nice MTL draw when you keep the AFC ring in a raised position. It restricts the draw just a bit more. It may bother some to keep it raised, but for me, to have the right draw is a nice compromise. Oh, I use a restricted tip also, so yes, you need to play around to get the right draw, but it's a great tank overall.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just read a post over at FT that said none of them are glass referring to the green one. Not that I believe everything I read, but it just makes sense they are all pmma. I still want to try one. I have plenty of glass tanks to use for high acidity liquids...Speaking of which I got my 13 dollar KF V5 from FT. Other than a blemish that most likely occurred during shipping, it is flawless. Deep dark laser etchings are very nice. No machining marks. no wobbles or misfitting issues. It's a real nice clone. I'll get a couple more for that price before they are all gone. Also, I find it to be a very nice MTL draw when you keep the AFC ring in a raised position. It restricts the draw just a bit more. It may bother some to keep it raised, but for me, to have the right draw is a nice compromise. Oh, I use a restricted tip also, so yes, you need to play around to get the right draw, but it's a great tank overall.
MV, some have commented on the V5 that even though you can tighten the draw part of a true MTL flavor tank is the small deck space and chimney which is where flavor stands out.

What is your impression with the V5 when compared, flavor wise, with something like the mini V3, KFL, Rose, Squape, etc. IOW well known flavor machines?

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm still getting familiar with it and I do have the other tanks you mentioned except Rose and Squape. I haven't done any side by sides with same flavors watts, builds, so for me to compare wouldn't be a fair assessment. I can say that the KF V5 is delivering what I believe to be a very good flavor. I'd have a hard time finding other tanks that could beat the KFL. But I don't own many of the great flavor tanks. I find tanks I like and don't really stray to far from them. One of my favorites flavor wise, is the Aqua V2 if that gives you any clue to my knowledge on tanks lol.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I do vape banana vapes, but I will just the plastic tanks for my dessert vapes, but from experience, the plastic tanks will break down over time, had that with the hurricane tanks, but bought plenty of spares for them, but with the corolla, they don't offer any replacement tanks at all right now.

I have 3 kayfun v5's, I like them, but think the flavor is slightly better on the mini v3, it's not that big of a difference to stop me using the v5 though, as with the mini v3 I do get some leaking problems with them, think it's down to the orings, as when they are new they don't leak, but after a few weeks of use, they start to seep underneath the tank.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the flavor in k3 mini/plus is just a hair better than k5. The problem is the cheap O rings. I remember someone mentioned a place in the US selling silicone O rings, but I don't have the link anymore.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Be too late to be released in the US though, says expected release date is Aug 27th

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
May not be released, but if anyone's interested then they could order one in or if they wanted I could order it and ship it to you when I get it.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a great find CD. I'm thinking about it. It sounds like it comes with two velocity decks, the single coil one sounds like the Merlin deck. It is a nice looking tank. I have too many tanks, but one more wouldn't hurt. I'll wait until mid August and see what will happen. Some of them (China shops) may still ship to US.
I've been using the VaporShark flask DNA133 for the last 3 days and I must say that I like it a lot. It feels better than the Wismec made Vapor flask Classic. I was thinking about selling the Wismec, but I'm not sure now, I am in a hoarding mode. Maybe another Slice and possibly another mod to be named after August 8th....if any will be available.
The Calyx is a nice tank, very good flavor but the jc is a PITA. Between it and the K v3 mini/plus, I'll take the K v3mini any day. To me, the flavor is about the same, Calyx maaaybe a hair better but the ease of use puts the K v3 mini on top. I should have the Phenomenon lite clone by the end of the week. It is supposed to be a good MTL tank, we'll see.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you get your Alleria yet? If not, you better hurry, Augvape stopped production waiting for August 8. The Boreas tanks are quickly becoming extinct.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's a great find CD. I'm thinking about it. It sounds like it comes with two velocity decks, the single coil one sounds like the Merlin deck. It is a nice looking tank. I have too many tanks, but one more wouldn't hurt. I'll wait until mid August and see what will happen. Some of them (China shops) may still ship to US.
I've been using the VaporShark flask DNA133 for the last 3 days and I must say that I like it a lot. It feels better than the Wismec made Vapor flask Classic. I was thinking about selling the Wismec, but I'm not sure now, I am in a hoarding mode. Maybe another Slice and possibly another mod to be named after August 8th....if any will be available.
The Calyx is a nice tank, very good flavor but the jc is a PITA. Between it and the K v3 mini/plus, I'll take the K v3mini any day. To me, the flavor is about the same, Calyx maaaybe a hair better but the ease of use puts the K v3 mini on top. I should have the Phenomenon lite clone by the end of the week. It is supposed to be a good MTL tank, we'll see.
the calyx you have, is it a clone or auth?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I may have mentioned it before but, the airflow plug I made for the Merlin is working great, I am liking the tank more now. I will make another plug at 1.75 mm or so, just because I want to see how it will be....and because I can.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm shopping now... As I have for the last 4 days. What is Alleria?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Did you get your Alleria yet? If not, you better hurry, Augvape stopped production waiting for August 8. The Boreas tanks are quickly becoming extinct.
No, not yet. I think a couple B&Ms around me carry it. They'll have a couple on hand for a while yet. I'm soon ordering a couple new tanks. I'm gonna try a squape and the kfmv3. Also might try a corolla. I'm also ordering a new hurricane. I like them but I think I got a bad one. I am constantly getting either leaks down under the deck or real bad condensation.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sadly @f1r3b1rd, it's a clone and honestly, even though the authentic will most certainly work better, I can not imagine the jc being that much better . I'll stick with the kayfun v3 mini, evenot the clones are good. The Gem v2 is great but after dropping it once (and breaking the glass) it survived without any other damage, I replaced the glass, gave it a good wash and put it in the box....for now.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm shopping now... As I have for the last 4 days. What is Alleria? I still need flash and pure pharmaceutical grade nic.

Alleria is a very flavorful DL tank.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sadly @f1r3b1rd, it's a clone and honestly, even though the authentic will most certainly work better, I can not imagine the jc being that much better . I'll stick with the kayfun v3 mini, evenot the clones are good. The Gem v2 is great but after dropping it once (and breaking the glass) it survived without any other damage, I replaced the glass, gave it a good wash and put it in the box....for now.
I was asking because I wanted one. lol
what clone and where from? I was looking for a suggestion -lol

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alleria is one of the nicest tanks IMHO but a DL tank. The flavor is great. FT has the black ones still, about $18.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the FT clone. Some slight burring here and there but otherwise ok. If you didn't get one yet, I'll swap it for a kv3 mini plus any day and twice on Sunday :confused:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I got the FT clone. Some slight burring here and there but otherwise ok. If you didn't get one yet, I'll swap it for a kv3 mini plus any day and twice on Sunday :confused:
I have one mini... but I like the variety... still want a gem too

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I lucked out and got a Gem v2 authentic, it puts out great flavor. I'm a cheap sob, if I wouldn't have spent the $140 or more for the authentic but I happened to be the first one to see it in trading post when it was available.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I lucked out and got a Gem v2 authentic, it puts out great flavor. I'm a cheap sob, if I wouldn't have spent the $140 or more for the authentic but I happened to be the first one to see it in trading post when it was available.
lol, ive spent some huge money on gear; but, I normally do a clone first to make sure I'm willing to shell out the cash.
the kf5 was the only exception to that rule. matter of fact, I'm pretty sure I will have a problem spending more than 100$ on any topper after this. This tank being this good at this price, makes it very difficult to justify anything more expensive.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I was asking because I wanted one. lol
what clone and where from? I was looking for a suggestion -lol

AliExpress has a LOT of 1:1 Clones. But, it looks like they have a Kayfun lite at $13.59. A clone no doubt at that price, but 297 orders and 322 feedback at 5 Stars. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/kayf..._7&btsid=efcd4252-3be7-4689-9331-559f8f09a469

Svoemesto's website has the Kayfun 5 for $134.00 The Kayfun Lite Plus is on sale for $67.00. They have the Kayfun 4! I'm getting one!!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the one I bought https://www.fasttech.com/products/4657200 and it ain't bad for 20 bucks.
If I chain vape it, I get the chance of a slightly dry-ish hit before too long. Open up the jc, run the chance of gurgling, fiddle some more,good vape! But wait, I'm running out of juice. Close JC, open top, refill. Close top, repeat the afore mentioned steps. Get pissed, swear I'm gonna throw it in the trash. Take a couple pulls on it, great flavor. All calm now, guess I'll keep it.
....And that's my story with the Calyx. On the other hand, the k v3 mini, no problems.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This is the one I bought https://www.fasttech.com/products/4657200 and it ain't bad for 20 bucks.
If I chain vape it, I get the chance of a slightly dry-ish hit before too long. Open up the jc, run the chance of gurgling, fiddle some more,good vape! But wait, I'm running out of juice. Close JC, open top, refill. Close top, repeat the afore mentioned steps. Get pissed, swear I'm gonna throw it in the trash. Take a couple pulls on it, great flavor. All calm now, guess I'll keep it.
....And that's my story with the Calyx. On the other hand, the k v3 mini, no problems.
love my mini, it replaced my erl nano as go to MTL flavor tank. not to mention it being so small, let me resurrect the original vsdna30 as being in my rotation.
but then that calyx would look great on one of my tubes.....
ok, I'm sold - thank Brewbear!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In my opinion, the K4 while a great tank, was too heavy, too bulky, too finiky. They seem to have taken a step back and remembered the KISS principle.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One more thing @f1r3b1rd , I see another Calyx version on FT. The one I linked to has a side screw afc, this other one has bottom air channels and id one dollar cheaper.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't know if its been said or if it counts but I am really enjoying my iSub Apex tank by innokin. The 2 ohm coils for it make it a lovely MTL tank. Super tight draw like sucking a thick ass milkshake thru a straw, I love it, even with the airflow all the way open and a high VG juice. Its damn good... course I also sub with it but yeah. I love it! You can also buy an rebuildable atomizer/col head for it! I love Innokin.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@BrewBear

Since I lubed the threads of the chimney (food grade lube) and the big red o-ring in the top cap (with juice each time I remove) the Calix V2 has been performing flawlessly and smooth, and for me the flavor surpasses the KFMV3 significantly enough to be very noticeable. Of course there are many variables of course (build, wick, juice type, etc.) but for me the Calix V2 is numero uno at this time.

@BrewBear, if you decide to trade for a KFMV3 I'm your man :)

@f1r3b1rd
FT has both the V1 and the V2. The V2 is the one to purchase if you go for it.
https://www.fasttech.com/p/4657200

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the offer @TexasToolman, I bound a drip tip that fits tight enough in the Calyx that I can rotate the jc. Calyx and I are friends again:cool:

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the offer @TexasToolman, I bound a drip tip that fits tight enough in the Calyx that I can rotate the jc. Calyx and I are friends again:cool:
I should have mentioned that... I also put a drip tip with 2 orings for a tight fit.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since they went through the trouble of making such a nice drip tip for the Calyx, they should've gone a little further and design it more like the Alleria. That one has a little catch that fits in the chimney and allows you to have control on the jc.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Since they went through the trouble of making such a nice drip tip for the Calyx, they should've gone a little further and design it more like the Alleria. That one has a little catch that fits in the chimney and allows you to have control on the jc.
Busardo said same thing. That drip tip is butt ugly anyway LOL.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
AliExpress has a LOT of 1:1 Clones. But, it looks like they have a Kayfun lite at $13.59. A clone no doubt at that price, but 297 orders and 322 feedback at 5 Stars. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/kayf..._7&btsid=efcd4252-3be7-4689-9331-559f8f09a469

Svoemesto's website has the Kayfun 5 for $134.00 The Kayfun Lite Plus is on sale for $67.00. They have the Kayfun 4! I'm getting one!!
Let me just add that my father recently started vaping and I'm shopping for him. MTL only and the Kayfun is perfect for him. I do MTL in some instances so I bought myself one also.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Let me just add that my father recently started vaping and I'm shopping for him. MTL only and the Kayfun is perfect for him. I do MTL in some instances so I bought myself one also.

If you want a nice clearo for him also I've read really good things about the Innokin T18... premade coils and a very cigarette type draw.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One of my favorite setups is the Pico mod with the kayfun v3 mini plus v1.5 from FT. Be aware, they do not sell the spare glass for the tanks. The "regular " mini plus is just a little too chubby to fit one the Pico.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vape mail , 3 nectars and a serpent mini, built the nectar that is it on the Pico, vapes MTL amazingly

thumbnail_IMG_20160713_1243364491_zpstkmbvjgp.jpg

Got my 2 today from FT, and you was right @Whiskey, they are great MTL tanks, I find the draw just right for MTL, the flavor is really good and think I like these more than the avocado, also they hold more juice than the avocado too.

I ordered the glass tanks too, but am getting slight leaking from the bottom of the glass, so going to see if have a flat oring to go under the tank at the bottom.

Also got the corolla coming, but think I am already sold on the nectar, and going to order some more :)

KrLzvdW.jpg

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Found the perfect oring, top oring off the kanger subtank mini works great, as fits over the glass -

ojLhiyG.jpg

Already got it added to 1 tank, waiting 30 minutes, if no seeping, then will do the other, and then hope I can find some subtank orings cheap :)

xtiWVck.jpg

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Got my 2 today from FT, and you was right @Whiskey, they are great MTL tanks, I find the draw just right for MTL, the flavor is really good and think I like these more than the avocado, also they hold more juice than the avocado too.

I ordered the glass tanks too, but am getting slight leaking from the bottom of the glass, so going to see if have a flat oring to go under the tank at the bottom.

Also got the corolla coming, but think I am already sold on the nectar, and going to order some more :)

KrLzvdW.jpg
That black and red one is nice!

VU Sponsors