Become a Patron!

Next Generation MTL tanks Part 2

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Found the perfect oring, top oring off the kanger subtank mini works great, as fits over the glass -

ojLhiyG.jpg

Already got it added to 1 tank, waiting 30 minutes, if no seeping, then will do the other, and then hope I can find some subtank orings cheap :)

xtiWVck.jpg
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10012723/2191600-authentic-kangertech-colorful-silicon-seal-ring

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Got my KF V3+ yesterday from FT. Just finished building a .07 Ni simple coil 2.5mm. This thing rocks. I love it. Adjustable AF is great. This is my new favorite MTL tank. And it's sexy looking. Got it sitting on top of a red Sigelei UFO. It looks awesome together.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Busted out the KFL+ atty, built from Fasttech Kayfun parts that cost about $7-$8 to build. Drilled out the AFC and 510 pin to 5/64ths.
  • Kayfun base
  • Nano chimney/top cap
  • Bell cap
Has lasted forever and is true MTL flavor monster!

IMG_20160802_184023.jpg

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@Nailz
Are those the drip tips that came with those? I can't find those tanks on there. Could I get a link to them pls?

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Disregard that last one. I wasn't paying attention at all apparently...lol

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes they are, just liked the ones I got better, as include the whole drip tip.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes they are, just liked the ones I got better, as include the whole drip tip.
Yea, I noticed that after I had that sent. I was just looking at the colored tips and not the whole assembly

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Them pretty colors are distracting, aren't they?
Quick update on the Calyx. I'm using a different drip tip that fits much tighter and for now it works out. The only time I'm not so happy with it is after I fill it up. When the jc is closed all the way, it isn't easy to get it open again. I have to open the top about 1/2 turn, start opening up the jc and then tighten things up again. Other than that, the flavor is good, no leaks, life is good. I even figured out how much to open the jc....

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One more thing to note about the Calyx, the 510 pin seems to be quite long, it leaves a shade less than 1 mm space between the mod and the atty. It was rather noticeable one the VF Classic.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@BrewBear
Is the clone alleria as good as the authentic or should I just go for the real thing?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never got the clone, I figured the price of the authentic was low enough. I would go with the authentic personally, it is worth it to me.

ResIpsa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm looking to get a rebuildable for MTL use. This would be my first rebuildable. However, I will research the crap out of how to properly and safely make coils.

My question is of course which rebuildable to get. From reading this thread there seem to be many people who really like Kayfun clones. I would expect that clones are probably made by more than one company. Can anyone give a link to a Kayfun clone that worked well for them?

Thanks,
Chris

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As a rule of thumb, SXK and Tobeco clones are good, with the caveat that they are clones and QC is iffy.
Look at kayfun mini v3 or kv3 mini plus, Calyx, Phenomenon lite (ebay), Pico (the tank not the mod) Gem v2 (hard to find).
At this time, I like the kayfun for ease of use.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have the Kayfun 5 SXK clone. I got mine from fasttech. No logos on it if that's your thing. It's not mine. Works great. Very pleasing for the price :D. Another one to consider is the Squape X dream. I have the authentic but l have seen very nice clones on 3F:).

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pretty good flavor even when using the MTL kit. Tends to be top heavy because of the swing out refill. Didn't get to play much with it.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good DL flavor tank. I don't have the MTL kit for it yet but the flavor in DL mode is good!
Thanks CD, And Brewbear, I bought 2 at FT , in the pic's it shows the extra conversion screws, some how I think they are included

Last edited:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The MTL kit got lost in the translation. The show it in the pics but it is not included, it is a separate purchase.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks CD, And Brewbear, I bought 2 at FT , in the pic's it shows the extra conversion screws, some how I think they are included
I thought so too but they werent. If it shows 2 drip tips it does come with

ResIpsa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Kayfun 5 SXK clone. I got mine from fasttech. No logos on it if that's your thing. It's not mine. Works great. Very pleasing for the price :D. Another one to consider is the Squape X dream. I have the authentic but l have seen very nice clones on 3F:).

So, SXK is the brand of the clones to look for?

Thanks,
Chris

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So, SXK is the brand of the clones to look for?

Thanks,
Chris
This is the only clone that l have. No kayfun5 authentic in the UK! That said did watch reviews on youtube, one of which is a comparison between authentic & SXK K5 clone. The only difference was with the draw. Authentic is not as tight.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you like tight MTL draw, you might consider Phenomenon lite. Fully open afc, tight draw, single hole open, thought I'd bust a lung. My only gripe is that it is held together mostly by o-rings. Very small chamber, deck about the size of the kv3 mini. It was very late when I was playing with it, so 30g kanthal, 2.5 mm ID at 2.8 ohms or so. In retrospect, 2 mm would have been better. Very good flavor at 7.5 -8.5 watts.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you like tight MTL draw, you might consider Phenomenon lite. Fully open afc, tight draw, single hole open, thought I'd bust a lung. My only gripe is that it is held together mostly by o-rings. Very small chamber, deck about the size of the kv3 mini. It was very late when I was playing with it, so 30g kanthal, 2.5 mm ID at 2.8 ohms or so. In retrospect, 2 mm would have been better. Very good flavor at 7.5 -8.5 watts.
I do like a tight draw but not at that price :(.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If look at post #789 one page 16 of this thread, you'll find the eBay seller for the phenomenon clone, $20. That's a lot better than the authentic's price.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Probably about as much a MTL tank as the KF V5 but a LOT of the vapers that I respect are loving it!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Probably about as much a MTL tank as the KF V5 but a LOT of the vapers that I respect are loving it!

saw this one... waiting to see what the price settles at

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
roger that... if I do a clone I'm waiting for a confirmed 1:1
Seem to be hints from Eden mods that there will be different decks to purchase with different air hole size (currently 3.0mm) which might actually make it a true MTL flavor tank!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seem to be hints from Eden mods that there will be different decks to purchase with different air hole size (currently 3.0mm) which might actually make it a true MTL flavor tank!
That would be a nice thing to see, but the damn things are about $160......so clone for me too, provided they'll make the additional decks too.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That would be a nice thing to see, but the damn things are about $160......so clone for me too, provided they'll make the additional decks too.
160?
yeah ... not happening

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far it's a tight race between the Calyx and Phenom. lite. The Calyx deck is bigger and the air flow is more flexible, but the flavor is great on both.The Phenom is very simple and the O-rings holding the whole thing together has me wondering how long before I'll end up with a pocket full of juice. Interestingly, I put the same build in both but due to the way coils are installed in the Calyx, it's resistance reads 1.51 ohms vs 1.01 ohms in the Phenom. At 14.3 watts, they both perform very nicely. The Calyx was a problem child so I replaced the plastic tank with the glass&metal spare ($2.50 at FT), the drip tip with a friction one from FT and finally, cleaned the threads all around with a extra fine wire brush.

VU Sponsors