Become a Patron!

Next Generation MTL tanks Part 2

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Here's a look at the Calyx and Phenomenon liteView attachment 58296
I prefer the calix but the phenomenon lite is great also (agree on the orings). For $20 each fantastic deal, since authentics are $100+

In shipping now... cloudone rta (mtl despite the name) and the tilemahos v2... both similar to calix/phenomenon lite style of tank

Last edited:

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If people still want a list of the tanks that we have tried and think should be in the list then I'll start one in one of my posts on the front page of this thread. I will just need all of your input and help to be able to compile said list.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If people still want a list of the tanks that we have tried and think should be in the list then I'll start one in one of my posts on the front page of this thread. I will just need all of your input and help to be able to compile said list.
Thank you CD, since the f-up with the accounts, I'm unable to change the original post.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The tanks I've tried:
-MTL -Pico, Kabuki, Melo 3, Calyx, Phenomenon lite, Triton, Triton mini, Nautilus, Bachelor nano, Merlin, Hurricane, Rosary, Goblin nano, Kayfun mini v3, Kayfun mini v3 plus, Kayfun v4, Kayfun v5, Taifun Gt, Rose v2.
-Not so MTL- Theorem, Alleria (my personal favorite), Boreas, Goblin, Goblin mini, Goblin mini v2, Goliath, Griffin, Zephyrus, Bellus, CoV Defiant.
That's it for now, just the few I remember.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let's add Aromamizer supreme, GSAir, Kanger mini, kanger nano, Smoke tfv4 micro, Moonshot.
Rda section: Magma, Veritas, Vector, Freakshow mini, Derringer, LoPro, NarDa(pretty good MTL), Royal hunter mini, Dark horse, Kennedy, Swirlfish .

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
damn I had one somewhere.. brewbear and I didsussed them I think

MTL
erlkoenigin
squape r
kfl
kf4
kf5
kf3mini
taifun
taifun2
hurricane
swirlfish nano
ruzgar
aqua v2
goblin mini

mtl rda
NarDA
Marquis
chalice
veritas
omerta
tobh
tugboat v1
magma
osmodlla
darang
hobo
freakshow mini

DL
crius
swirlfish
swirlfish ii
billow
billow v2
billow v3
monster kfun ii
serpent
tfv4
orchid v2
bellus
cthulu 2
griffin
Lemo
Lemo II

dl rda
tugboat v2
tugboat v3
petri v1 and v2
mako and mako war
indestructible(stock jaybo barrel, wismec barrel and top airflow barrel) plum veil v3
Aeolus v2 and lite
derringer
kennedy comp
battle deck with comp life cap
magma reborn
bambino
hobo 2.1
freak show
clt v1-v2-v3

Last edited:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
More tanks I used Lemo, Lemo drop, Atlantis. Found a Hobo v1 I had forgotten about.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the past two days or so I've used mostly the Calyx and the Phenomenon lite. Identical coils, same juice. I tried to get the airflow in the Calyx to approximate that of the Phenom. I tend to like the Phenomenon a little bit better. It is easier to setup, it is very consistent. If you have a needle tip bottle, refilling is easy, otherwise it can be a messy PITA. One the other hand, the Calyx is easier to refill, the building is different but not mind boggling. My problem is the juice control. It will be fine, great flavor for a while. Let it sit for an hour or two, I get gurgling. Close jc very slightly and all is good. Let it sit another hour or so, try it and after three or four puffs I'm getting a slightly dryish hit.
I'm ready to try something new.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
In the past two days or so I've used mostly the Calyx and the Phenomenon lite. Identical coils, same juice. I tried to get the airflow in the Calyx to approximate that of the Phenom. I tend to like the Phenomenon a little bit better. It is easier to setup, it is very consistent. If you have a needle tip bottle, refilling is easy, otherwise it can be a messy PITA. One the other hand, the Calyx is easier to refill, the building is different but not mind boggling. My problem is the juice control. It will be fine, great flavor for a while. Let it sit for an hour or two, I get gurgling. Close jc very slightly and all is good. Let it sit another hour or so, try it and after three or four puffs I'm getting a slightly dryish hit.
rose v3?

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Over the weekend both my black KFMV3 and my KFMV3 + developed janky threading and neither will allow me to close the base/JFC all the way.

Any suggestions from anyone who has solved janky threads in the past. Sucks, because they were both fine for awhile :(

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Over the weekend both my black KFMV3 and my KFMV3 + developed janky threading and neither will allow me to close the base/JFC all the way.

Any suggestions from anyone who has
solved janky threads in the past. Sucks, because they were both fine for awhile :(

Take a look at the ft discussions on the kfvm3 with the most reviews. There are a couple threads. One points to the outer ring of the build deck that's pinched in a bit. One fix used a pair of pliers to carefully widen the ring.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I'm digging both of them and they will be in permanent rotation for quite some time. My Calix has been flawless, sorry to hear your's not so much :(

In shipping, CloudOne and Tilemahos V2.

And @BrewBear it is the V2 not V2 plus on the Tilemahos. FT says they offer the plus but they don't according to those who have received it.

I ordered this one:

https://www.fasttech.com/p/3512900

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Take a look at the ft discussions on the kfvm3 with the most reviews. There are a couple threads. One points to the outer ring of the build deck that's pinched in a bit. One fix used a pair of pliers to carefully widen the ring.
@riverdan

I checked and there are a lot of discussions there. Do you have links to the right one(s)?

Last edited:

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am now sold on the avocado for MTL vaping, single air hole open, 1.5ohm clapton coil at 16 watts, with zero leaking.

I do like the nectars, but have to be a bit more careful, as air hole under the coil, so more chance of leaking, and they seem a bit smaller tank too.

Still have the corolla coming this week, but same as the nectar with the air hole under the coil and has a plastic tank, so pretty sure it won't beat the avocado.

Got my 1st avocado last weekend from a B&M store, and been enjoying it, and then saw eciggity had a 20% off sale, so got 2 more from them, built one with the same juice as I got the nectar and just prefer the draw on the avocado, probably due to side airflow.

So gone crazy and ordered 3 more and a ton of spare parts from fasttech, want to make sure I am not without a avocado in the future :)

Not been more sold on a tank since the kayfun plus, with the avocado you get zero leaking or seeping (unless lay it down), and has great flavor with just the right airflow for MTL, oh and being a genesis style tank, it's a lot more low profile :D

rjSGZ5F.jpg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I am now sold on the avocado for MTL vaping, single air hole open, 1.5ohm clapton coil at 16 watts, with zero leaking.

I do like the nectars, but have to be a bit more careful, as air hole under the coil, so more chance of leaking, and they seem a bit smaller tank too.

Still have the corolla coming this week, but same as the nectar with the air hole under the coil and has a plastic tank, so pretty sure it won't beat the avocado.

Got my 1st avocado last weekend from a B&M store, and been enjoying it, and then saw eciggity had a 20% off sale, so got 2 more from them, built one with the same juice as I got the nectar and just prefer the draw on the avocado, probably due to side airflow.

So gone crazy and ordered 3 more and a ton of spare parts from fasttech, want to make sure I am not without a avocado in the future :)

Not been more sold on a tank since the kayfun plus, with the avocado you get zero leaking or seeping (unless lay it down), and has great flavor with just the right airflow for MTL, oh and being a genesis style tank, it's a lot more low profile :D

rjSGZ5F.jpg
how do you like that mod?

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
how do you like that mod?

Very much so, had about a month now, and it is the most used, and with me vaping at a massive 16 watts, only need to charge every 3 days, but I also go between 2 other mods too.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Very much so, had about a month now, and it is the most used, and with me vaping at a massive 16 watts, only need to charge every 3 days, but I also go between 2 other mods too.
lol. awesome

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Theorem that was supposed to be pretty good MTL. I guess I'm one of the people that prefer a tight draw otherwise it could be a loose draw mtl. @Nailz , how tight would you say is the draw on the avocado? To me the K5 on one pip setting is still a bit loose. I'm not particularly enthused with the Theorem, I put 1 coil in it, used it for about 5 minutes and went back to the Alleria. The Alleria is a DL tank but I like it too much to be strictly MTL . The Gem v2 is awesome but I only use it on weekends, at home , otherwise I use mostly the kayfun mini/plus gang. The Calyx is a on/off affair but the Phenomenon lite is holding it’s own and sees some daily use.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Nailz , I'll wait for your opinion / comparison between the Avocado and the Corolla. Is the Avocado the 22 mm or the 24 mm?

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@BrewBear the single air hole looks around 2mm to me, so wouldn't say it is a really tight draw, even though I am a MTL vapor, I like a little more airflow personally. On the kayfun v5 I was using the 2 pip setting, found the 1 to tight for my liking.

The avocado comes in both 22mm and 24mm, but reviews on both was saying they preferred the 22mm, the flavor being better on the 22mm, so I have stuck with the 22mm versions.

Corolla is meant to turn up today, not sure if will get time to build it this evening, but will report here when I do.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you @Nailz, I thought I remembered reading elsewhere you liked a looser MTL draw, which puts the Avocado off my list. So if a tank's airflow is too tight for you, it should work for me.:vino:
Now, waiting for @ToolmanTexas to let us know what he thinks about CloudOne and Tilemahos v2. I am interested in the Tilemahos v2 plus since it is supposed to be the "flavor" edition one. Hopefully FT gets their stuff together and start selling the actual v2 plus clone if there is such a beast out there.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you @Nailz, I thought I remembered reading elsewhere you liked a looser MTL draw, which puts the Avocado off my list. So if a tank's airflow is too tight for you, it should work for me.:vino:
Now, waiting for @ToolmanTexas to let us know what he thinks about CloudOne and Tilemahos v2. I am interested in the Tilemahos v2 plus since it is supposed to be the "flavor" edition one. Hopefully FT gets their stuff together and start selling the actual v2 plus clone if there is such a beast out there.
nvmd

Last edited:

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Corolla turned up from fasttech today :)

Y7lAT4O.jpg

Like it has 3 size tanks, I put on the largest tank, and out of the nectar, avocado and the corolla, the corolla has the most juice capacity, and filling is easy, had my doubts as has a tiny fill hole, but I used a glass dropper and filled it with no problems and that is with a high VG juice.

Building was very easy with big deck screws and wire catchers.

Flavor is really good, I have it on 1 air hole open, but can close that down too, so can get a really tight draw with it @BrewBear

But for the price, I would expect glass tanks though, think it looks a nice tank, and probably would've of bought more if it wasn't for the plastic tanks.

Still a really good MTL tank though, if anyone does order 1 from fasttech, use coupon code 'MAP' and knocks $3.41 off the tank.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the Corolla update @Nailz, I may have to get one. We'll have to see about getting glass for them unless the plastic is threaded into the base.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Corolla turned up from fasttech today :)

Y7lAT4O.jpg

Like it has 3 size tanks, I put on the largest tank, and out of the nectar, avocado and the corolla, the corolla has the most juice capacity, and filling is easy, had my doubts as has a tiny fill hole, but I used a glass dropper and filled it with no problems and that is with a high VG juice.

Building was very easy with big deck screws and wire catchers.

Flavor is really good, I have it on 1 air hole open, but can close that down too, so can get a really tight draw with it @BrewBear

But for the price, I would expect glass tanks though, think it looks a nice tank, and probably would've of bought more if it wasn't for the plastic tanks.

Still a really good MTL tank though, if anyone does order 1 from fasttech, use coupon code 'MAP' and knocks $3.41 off the tank.
Thanks for your review. I have a couple on the way.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just took a quick look at the Corolla pictures on FT. The plastic part is not threaded. It shouldn't be too hard to find the glass tubing that fits, cut it to length and fire polish it.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Apologies @Nailz, I guess I was thinking out loud. When I get the glass blowing toys setup in the new house, I'll let you guys know, I should be able to make the glass tank replacement for most tanks provided they're not threaded.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is possible that I misunderstand the purpose of this particular thread because I have only skimmed over it.
BUT, if I am not misunderstanding;
My wife uses the Joyetech Cubis (original) as a MTL tank. She is using the 1.5 coil
Daughter was using the Vaporesso Target as MTL with the .9 Vaporesso cCell coil.
She just recently opened it up a bit and now DL.
She is now using the Herakles .6 coil but that coil can work as both MTL and DL in that tank depending on air flow adjustment.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, since you missed the 50 odd pages of the original thread that went pooffff and you only skimmed these few pages.....we'll let you slide this time, but pay attention from now on since there will be a quiz at the end of the month.
If you're a MTL vapor fan, this is where we let each other know about new tanks, what works and what doesn't.
Welcome to the thread, you're going to find good information here, and on occasion you might even get some good advice.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shit, I came in here to relax and now I find out I have to study....
Well at least I can do it with a good group of people with a sense of humor.

Only accidently tripped over this particular thread.
I am NOT a MTL'r so I only read the 1st and 19th page and thought maybe by sharing what I've learned form my wife and daughters vaping style it could possibly help someone else.
Me, I tried the whole MTL years ago but can't seem to go back to it.
The positive thing is there equipment out there for all of us to stay off the stinkies.
(at least currently unless the FDA does what they do)
I'm just glad I happened to be in the particular mood I was in the day I walked into that gas station back in 2011.
Been better every since.
Managed to get my mother, wife, son, daughter, brother, cousin, and many others to switch and I'm exceptionally grateful for that.

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
fwiw, I've tried both the Cleito and the IJust2 tanks and they both fail for MTL imho.
With my limited experience , Ive only found the Kanger Subtank Mini works very good for MTL (on the one-hole setting).. nice dense vape with good restriction, gets a little hot on repeated hits depending on wattage of course..
My Kanger e-smart (pen type) is still my daily driver though. Nice vape that you can stick in your shirt pocket.. most "pens" are way too large and heavy., I suspect they are trying to capture the cloud crowd, but I dont want a 1/2 pound stick in my shirt pocket thanks.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@dcarpentier ,it is good to have a go-to setup, but every once in a while you may want to kick up your heels. For those days, you might want to try a different tank. Personally, I like building my coils so rta is my favorite type of tank. I went past the sub minis, still have 3 of them I use once in a while with the rta set-up. Right now I'm using the Calyx v2, the Phenomenon lite, 3 kayfun minis and 2Allerias . The Alleria is a DL tank and of the many tanks I've owned, it is one of my favorites followed by the Boreas. All the others are MTL tanks and you can see the first two I mentioned at the top of this page. The other thing I should mention is that I use all these tanks in TC mode with SS wire coils. The setup on the left is the Pico mod with the Calyx on top.
@Paratech , glad to hear you spread the word and help people stay off analogs. Did you try the Alleria rta?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, since I have the impression that no one here tried the Tilemahos X1, I ordered the v2 and the X1 innards. The complete X1 is $23 at FT and the "innards" were $12. They are supposed to fit in the v2. We will see in a month or three.

ResIpsa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I have a problem, and I blame you people. :)

I now have two Kayfun clones, a Fogger, Serpent Mini and a Herakles RTA-2 on the way. You all make this whole rebuildable thing sound like so much fun. Oh, and the RBA base for my Crown is coming too.

Yep, I appear to have a problem.

In all seriousness, I really look forward to trying a build on one of these soon. Probably the Serpent or the Herakles. Sounds like they are the easiest.

Chris

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I have a problem, and I blame you people. :)

I now have two Kayfun clones, a Fogger, Serpent Mini and a Herakles RTA-2 on the way. You all make this whole rebuildable thing sound like so much fun. Oh, and the RBA base for my Crown is coming too.

Yep, I appear to have a problem.

In all seriousness, I really look forward to trying a build on one of these soon. Probably the Serpent or the Herakles. Sounds like they are the easiest.

Chris
Welcome to the asylum.:giggle:

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been doing some work outside and in the steam tunnels of an old abandoned asylum the past couple weeks. It's a bit eerie to say the least.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The more I look at that rig, the more I like it.. to me it looks very retro sci-fi ?
Here are the parts if you want to build one out (with some extras if you want to throw in):

Choose one of these bases (black or silver, your preference):

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009156/2017000-replacement-base-for-22mm-kayfun-lite-plus-v2
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009156/2019500-replacement-base-for-22mm-kayfun-lite-plus-v2
https://www.fasttech.com/products/2088401

Chimney (have to get a tall one also, but the nano here is what you want:
https://www.fasttech.com/p/1977303

Chimney base:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...lacement-chimney-base-graffix-tube-for-kayfun

All in one:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009156/2219001-replacement-chimney-for-kayfun

Bell cap:
https://www.fasttech.com/product/3784701

Extra spares if you want:
https://www.fasttech.com/p/2056700

Total cost < $12.00 with spares, around $10 without.

These parts are becoming less prevalent and probably will not be around much longer so if going to grab some better grab 'em now :)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors