Become a Patron!

Next Generation MTL tanks Part 2

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Currently awaiting an iJoy Reaper Tank and Endura T22 from myfreedomsmokes.com.

Reaper Below.
_mfs2625.jpg

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
SXK Rose V3 received yesterday.

This thing is a beauty for sure, stunning manufacturing, threads smooth as silk.

The Atty design itself is a bit more fiddly (not too bad but not as simple as some others) than I would like and the airflow is not your father's MTL IMO. This is more geared towards today's trend of more air, i.e. restricted lung hits, etc.

That said, I'm very much enjoying the atty and the performance is stellar. If you like airy draws for your MTL this is a tank to put in your arsenal for sure. The machining in and of itself is a thing of beauty.

Remember, use coupon code MAP on FT to get this one for $17 + change.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@ToolmanTexas, would you say it is much more air than Phenomenon lite? I like the P-lite's draw, if you close down the air flow one the Rose, will it be a warm draw?

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@ToolmanTexas, would you say it is much more air than Phenomenon lite? I like the P-lite's draw, if you close down the air flow one the Rose, will it be a warm draw?
The p lite is a very tight draw even opened wide up... the rose on its tightest setting is more air than p lite on its widest. The rose open to even 1 full hole is a restricted DL IMO

Even tightened down though it is not a warm vape...very pleasurable and good flavor.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
SXK Rose V3 received yesterday.

This thing is a beauty for sure, stunning manufacturing, threads smooth as silk.

The Atty design itself is a bit more fiddly (not too bad but not as simple as some others) than I would like and the airflow is not your father's MTL IMO. This is more geared towards today's trend of more air, i.e. restricted lung hits, etc.

That said, I'm very much enjoying the atty and the performance is stellar. If you like airy draws for your MTL this is a tank to put in your arsenal for sure. The machining in and of itself is a thing of beauty.

Remember, use coupon code MAP on FT to get this one for $17 + change.

Can you share the link to the fasttech one please :)

Really set on my genny style tanks like the avocado, but always open to try new tanks, and never had a rose tank before, I stayed away from the '2' because heard it was a PITA to build on, but this one sounds much easier.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Can you share the link to the fasttech one please :)

Really set on my genny style tanks like the avocado, but always open to try new tanks, and never had a rose tank before, I stayed away from the '2' because heard it was a PITA to build on, but this one sounds much easier.

https://m.fasttech.com/products/5650101

Use coupon code MAP

It is easier to build and wick than v2

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Believe the hype
If the hurricane and kf5 got drunk and procreate this is the offspring

If you like a tight draw though, this wont work for you

8FD8E0D7-667E-49BD-80CD-35AFB48862C2_zpsp6puqotq.jpg

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well I have the hurricane. I have a kfv5 mini on route. If I like that as much as the hurricane then I guess that one will be on my list as well.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Believe the hype

Agree... the device itself produces a ultra smooth vape...and the sxk clone is Uber high quality, smooth threads, etc

But the air flow is too loose... I'm going to get kfv5 mtl kit and try in it...if can restrict at air under coil this might be saved for me

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Am I mistaken or did I read somewhere that the Rose people are /will have different air restrictors (a la K5) available?

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Am I mistaken or did I read somewhere that the Rose people are /will have different air restrictors (a la K5) available?
I'm on the Eden Mods FB group and I do not believe there is anything like that proposed.

I saw a post of a guy who used the KFV5 set, had to mod it just a bit but seemed simple.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Believe the hype

Sometimes I like a big whooshy DLI other times I like a tight MTL.
Am I weird for liking both?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No Snake, you're not. I have 1 Alleria on a VF DNA133, 1 Alleria on a G2 and a Aromamizer Supreme on a Slice. I have a Melo on the Pico, a Phenomenon lite on a VF CLASSIC and the Gem v2 on another VF DNA133.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, since I've learned how to do it, I always find myself going back and forth
Oh good I was starting to worry.It was like that time when I was asked "Team Edward or Team Jacob" but I wanted to answer "Team Bella"...Yes I'm a dork like that sometimes.A fat old dork but I'm learning.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
hahahah join the club! I'm also bicoastal. I vape both ways depending on my moods
Anywhere from 12w Ln a kmini to 110w on a goon or a Petri.

Sometimes a series box with a 0.4ohm build

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No Snake, you're not. I have 1 Alleria on a VF DNA133, 1 Alleria on a G2 and a Aromamizer Supreme on a Slice. I have a Melo on the Pico, a Phenomenon lite on a VF CLASSIC and the Gem v2 on another VF DNA133.
No clue what any of those things are.I need a translation of the translation.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
CD, you're gonna end up doing what I did with the phenomenon. I paid almost double one ebay, most places are sold out.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Translation for Snake: Alleria - dual coil rta, clear glass chamber, DL. Aromamizer Supreme - dual coil rta, DL could be used for a looser draw MTL. Gem v2 - single coil rta, MTL slightly one the loose side. Phenomenon lite - single coil rta, very small chamber, great flavor, strictly MTL. Melo/ Melo 3 - pre built coil atomizer, mostly MTL, could be DL depending on coil used.
VF DNA133 - VaporShark Vapor Flask dual 18650 battery, has the DNA200 board stepped down to 133w. VF Classic - Vape forward (used to be vapor flask) dual 18650 flask mod, made by Wismec.
G2 - dual18650 mod by Hohmtech, uses proprietary (FSK) board, TC capable on any wire except kitchen sink (that may be available with the next update):confused: Up to 171w.
Slice - single 26650 made by Hohmtech, using FSK board, up to 101w.
Pico you already know about.
That was a very long winded way of saying :you're not the only one walking on both sides of the street. :vino:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The latest addition to the bunch-o-tanks. Smooth threading, we'll machined. Includes 2 velocity style decks for dual and single coils, even though you could stack 2 coils on the single coil deck. The single coil deck is very similar to the Merlin, but somewhat smaller. Here's a picture of a 3 mm ID, 8 wraps 1.1 ohms fused clapton. 1474583461220704063573.jpg 1474583560727-1486649270.jpg

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Takes about 2.6 ml, has afc and separate jfc, airflow from very restricted MTL to a fairly tight DL. Very good flavor. Have you guessed yet??

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just in case you didn't guess , it is much easier to build and wick than the 2 previous versions, *hint* the toggle afc is incorporated in the tank now.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe this is not new to the mtl crew and the goblins have all had a very restricted airflow...

Built an old school KFL for a friend trying to get off stinkies, you know the original one with the ~1mm single airflow.
I hit it for a few minutes to break in the wick and make sure it's running right. Man! What a restricted pull!

Couple days later my goblin mini v3 showed up and I put the single coil base in and after enjoying it for a while was curious and closed off the airflow. About the same restriction as the KFL, can't say for sure same or a hair looser since I passed the KFL on already but certainly a mtl worthy tank.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, built it last night and only thing I've done to it is fill it back up and continued to push the joy button :bunny:

Tank has incredible flavor, not as much cloud production as the attys I usually buy but there's always a trade off, good flavor, big clouds or great flavor, moderate clouds :cloud:

Maybe the dual coil deck will let more air through but not sure about that, the air port below the coil is pretty big and I think could flow more air if the cutouts in the deck were bigger.

I've got plenty of dual coil tanks & drippers, picked this up for a stubby single coil tank. I wanted to get a micro setup going which I haven't ran in a long while but wanted to try this tank first before I went out and picked up the Nugget V2, I'm sure that nugget wouldn't like what I usually vape with. So if this single coil tank was a pass, so would be the Nugget.

I'm sure I will try the dual coil deck sooner or later though.

Last edited:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me it will be sooner rather than later, I have to see what it can do before I order the 2 ml extension.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The capacity isn't bad to me since it sucks down so much less juice than I'm used to. I'm trained to always bring a bottle because crown or boreas it doesn't take me long to drain a tank... I will empty either within a day at work.

In comparison, I vape a little more or less (usually more) than a full crown tank at work and I went through just short of two in the goblin today.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hmmm single coil option has me very interested

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was actually playing with the dual coil deck. Too warm for MTL (for me) but restricted DL flavor one top of flavor out of 28g SS wire, 2.5 mm ID, 11 wraps at 0.5 ohms. In TC 37.8W, 400 deg. F
Now, I'm going back to the single coil.

VU Sponsors