Become a Patron!

nicotine river

has anyone got nic from nicotine river,, i see its good prices... looking for good nic at good price im new to this and seeing what to get.. i heard nude nic or vaperstek but there really high.. thanks for any help

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's very good, I love it. Have quite a bit of it in my freezer, very close to VT quality.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep good to go.
If I am not mistaken ECX uses them.

Ah, good to know. I just bought some from ECX, and was curious whose they sold, and if it will be better than MFS's (the only nic I've used thus far; those 100mg/1 ltr bottles go a long way). MFS's is a tad peppery, so hopefully this'll be better without being 2x+ the price.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I've got to say, I'm very disappointed with the liter of nic I got from ECX. Popped it in the freezer when I received it. Opened it up in order to break it down into smaller bottles a few weeks later when I had finished up the last of my liter from MFS. Took a wiff, and my noise recoiled with a very strong and sharp, and most definitely unpleasant "paint thinner" type smell, that horrible smell of poor quality nic.

I was traveling for the holidays, and made my travel batch of juices with the remainder of my MFS nic. Just recently got home, and have only had a chance to make a few small samples to see if the horrible smell effects the taste. I vape 6mg juice, so thank god the taste doesn't seem to be effected too much. But, I also have some older friends for whom I make juice for the eGo set ups, more like around 18mg, and I'm really worried that at that higher level this ECX nic will negatively effect the flavor.

Super bummed and disappointed, as it would have been great to have ECX as my one stop shop for most all my DIY needs. And now I've got a liter of nic in my freezer that burns my nose when I smell it. :(

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is almost assuredly a storage issue on ECX's end. I've never gotten NicSelect from ECX, but I have ordered massive quantities of it from Nicotine River, and it is of the best quality. I'd put it against Vaperstek any day. NR and VT are all I use.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is almost assuredly a storage issue on ECX's end. I've never gotten NicSelect from ECX, but I have ordered massive quantities of it from Nicotine River, and it is of the best quality. I'd put it against Vaperstek any day. NR and VT are all I use.

That was my thought too. It's a real disappointment, as I was excited to try NR's nic.

When you've bought from NR, have you ever purchased concentrations >100mg? Just curious. Also, looks like they have some pretty good prices on concentrates. Do you know if they ever run sales, or have coupon codes?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i ordered a liter of 100mg form nicotine river based on @teresap recommendations
i have some sitting out to mix with and the rest in the freezer with a liter of vt
i agree its as good as VT
yes they run sales and promos form time to time. you just have to watch for them, get on their email list to find out about them

they just had a several different holiday sales including free shipping
and they sell FA flavors for only $6.50 for 60ml which is the cheapest i know of
i just ordered 10 bottles of that while they were offering free shipping

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That was my thought too. It's a real disappointment, as I was excited to try NR's nic.

When you've bought from NR, have you ever purchased concentrations >100mg? Just curious. Also, looks like they have some pretty good prices on concentrates. Do you know if they ever run sales, or have coupon codes?
I've never ordered anything stronger than 100mg, mainly because of the price. And I've definitely taken advantage of some of their free shipping sales. They do have a pretty extensive TFA line of flavoring at a very good price - even cheaper than Wizard Labs - but I haven't ordered any yet, as I'm pretty well set on flavoring at the moment. As Matt said, do sign up for their email notifications to be alerted of any discounts and specials. ;)

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never ordered anything stronger than 100mg, mainly because of the price. And I've definitely taken advantage of some of their free shipping sales. They do have a pretty extensive TFA line of flavoring at a very good price - even cheaper than Wizard Labs - but I haven't ordered any yet, as I'm pretty well set on flavoring at the moment. As Matt said, do sign up for their email notifications to be alerted of any discounts and specials. ;)

Done and done. :)

I also checked out their facebook page, and saw they had a great special mid December. 15% off non-nic products, and a free gallon of VG with orders over $75! Argh I always miss out on great deals! :eek:

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep good to go.
If I am not mistaken ECX uses them.

Just to clarify, ECX doesn't get their nic from Nicotine River. Both Nicotine River and ECX get their nic from NicSelect. I was told this by the ECX CSR that helped me with my nic issue. And btw they were very helpful, as always. Offered a nice gesture to make up for the issue I experienced. I appreciate ECX's customer service.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just to clarify, ECX doesn't get their nic from Nicotine River. Both Nicotine River and ECX get their nic from NicSelect. I was told this by the ECX CSR that helped me with my nic issue. And btw they were very helpful, as always. Offered a nice gesture to make up for the issue I experienced. I appreciate ECX's customer service.
It is still good.
I just did an order through ecx for a few flavors.

acidburn123

Member For 4 Years
NR is a great supplier, Grant the owner will personally make sure your order / problems / concerns are addressed (had a minor problem which he quickly reconciled by sending an extra shipment on the house)

Had to be said as a satisfied NR costumer. Dunno if I can post it here but there are other forum discount codes available for him, was even better when he honored the discount + free shipping not to long ago , wish he would offer free shipping all the time.

Regarding the NIC it seems to interfere very little with with my mixes and had no problems with it what so ever.

His FA flavor deals are one of the best I found, wished he would have a bigger selection but he is expanding I saw many new flavors added lately.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How quickly do they ship once you've placed the order? Next business day?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
my first order that i paid for shipping was shipped the next day
my last order i placed on 12/31 in the afternoon with a free shipping deal
it didnt ship until 1/6
now with the holidays and a weekend and all... thats a day or 2 slower then I would like but not unreasonable

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys. Went ahead and placed an order with NR for a 500ml of 100mg nic (along with a few flavors). I also have a 250ml bottle of 100mg nic coming from ECX, so I'll be able to see if that first bottle of NicSelect nic from ECX was an anomaly, or if there is some difference in the way ECX and NR maintain their nic for order.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow - I just realized these people are about 15 minutes from me, so even though I have to pay tax I can pick up :) Awesome!! But they're out of FA Cookie :-(

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
NR is a great supplier, Grant the owner will personally make sure your order / problems / concerns are addressed (had a minor problem which he quickly reconciled by sending an extra shipment on the house)

Had to be said as a satisfied NR costumer. Dunno if I can post it here but there are other forum discount codes available for him, was even better when he honored the discount + free shipping not to long ago , wish he would offer free shipping all the time.

Regarding the NIC it seems to interfere very little with with my mixes and had no problems with it what so ever.

His FA flavor deals are one of the best I found, wished he would have a bigger selection but he is expanding I saw many new flavors added lately.
We like coupon codes...

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love NR, but would have loved a coupon code for the order I placed a half hour ago.....:(

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love NR, but would have loved a coupon code for the order I placed a half hour ago.....:(
I always Google "random vendor coupon code" before every online purchase. Surprising how often I find something...

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
NicSelect tastes like tobacco. I don't like waffle tobacco.

tomdon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
These guys are awesome! I used to order from myfreedomsmokes.com but saw NR and price was better so I went for it. It doesnt stop there. I paid for usps 3 day post, they sent it fedex overnight. NR is definitely willing to go the extra mile to keep a happy/loyal customer base.

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Because of this thread, I just ordered from Nicotine River for the first time. Since they asked for suggestions :)D), I suggested several additional flavors they may wish to stock. I heard back from Mr. Boatman within an hour or so (on a Sat. afternoon!!) saying he would order them and would have them shortly. I was impressed!!

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And as someone mentioned earlier in this thread, NR has a 10% off coupon that seems to be permanent. I pm'd the guy and the coupon code worked for me.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dang, special would've been nice, coupon code better...I searched around but didn't find anything. Apparently not hard enough - a free gallon of VG is always nice, it could join the other three I've got sitting in dark storage...

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just wanted to mention that I ordered $200 worth of FA flavorings on Sat. afternoon and I received the shipping notice today (Mon.). Can't ask for faster shipping than that!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wanted to mention that I ordered $200 worth of FA flavorings on Sat. afternoon and I received the shipping notice today (Mon.). Can't ask for faster shipping than that!
Ordered yesterday afternoon and got a shipping notice almost exactly 24 hours later. Ordered from BCV a few minutes after Nicotine River (had a dozen or so flavors they either didn't carry or weren't in stock), had my shipping notice when I woke up this morning. Either way that's not bad on the shipping at all, especially for prices roughly half of what I already thought was a good deal...

F

fckaugust8th

Went there this morning. Their operating hours are M-F 8:00 am-5:00pm and closed on week-ends, I know because I went there Saturday morning. Grand is good people, he included 2 flavors I wanted to add to my order and just said "on the house, thank you for the business".
Cheers,
Brewbear

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mrs. Dave went in to the office on her own this morning - when I got around to following I found a broken starter on my Jeep and spent the day dealing with that instead. She got home and informed me that "some heavy box" came in that she didn't bother to bring home - I've got to guess this is my shipment, and if so color me impressed.

F

fckaugust8th

@AmandaD This is more of a warehouse/distribution center not a store front... and thank God for that or I would have left there in my skivvies and it's cold outside:confused:

F

fckaugust8th

Quick question: is the nicotine from NR as good as all that? Not being a horse's a## but the nic I have from MVS is starting to taste like the ol' analogs now. Granted, I've been careless about storage so it is slightly brown-ish now. I figured I'd give NR a try.
Thank you,
Brewbear

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mrs. Dave went in to the office on her own this morning - when I got around to following I found a broken starter on my Jeep and spent the day dealing with that instead. She got home and informed me that "some heavy box" came in that she didn't bother to bring home - I've got to guess this is my shipment, and if so color me impressed.
Update - that was indeed my order that came in (one day after shipping, two days after order, woooot!), and it was so heavy because, even though I didn't know to ask for it, they threw in the free gallon of VG for topping the $100 mark. Kudos, Nicotine River! They even sent a cool sticker that's now affixed to the mixing supply closet...

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quick question: is the nicotine from NR as good as all that? Not being a horse's a## but the nic I have from MVS is starting to taste like the ol' analogs now. Granted, I've been careless about storage so it is slightly brown-ish now. I figured I'd give NR a try.
Thank you,
Brewbear
I have a liter of MFS in my freezer, but haven't used it. I hear rumors that their nic is harsh, but didn't know that when I bought it on sale...lol! :rolleyes:
Storage is an issue though. If you leave it out without refrigerating or freezing, it can oxidize and turn darker. That doesn't necessarily effect the strength, but it will effect the taste. Oxidized nicotine tastes much stronger and has a "bite." I imagine oxidized nic that was strong tasting to begin with would taste pretty stout.
I'd put Nicotine River beside Vaperstek any day, both are clear and clean, very smooth. They're the only two I use.

F

fckaugust8th

@Teresa P , thank you for the reply. I too have about 900 ml left from the 1 liter bottle but mine was not frozen:(. I think I'll order a 150 ml bottle from NR. It will be easier to sneak in the freezer:cool: and since I use 6mg/ml and planning to drop to 3mg/ml, that should last me along while.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Yeah i have VT nic and nic river nic
not much if any difference..oh yea the nic river nic costs half that of VT

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As with anyone though, they tend to nail you on shipping. :(....I just ordered three 60ml bottles of flavoring and priority is the only mailing option. That's like paying for another bottle of flavoring. But their flavor prices are such a steal....
@Brewbear, I don't think you'll be disappointed in your purchase at all. As with any nicotine I get, I chuck it in the freezer soon as I get it or break it down into smaller bottles and freeze them. ;)

F

fckaugust8th

@Teresa P you are right about shipping, it seems that they eat-up your savings with shipping charges. Fortunately I live within reasonable driving distance from NR so I place my order online and pick-up/pay in store. Grant at NR is a nice guy and they get my orders fast.
Cheers,
Brewbear

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're so lucky, I don't live close to any of our suppliers....:(....but I'm sure that's for the best with regards to my checkbook....lol!

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ordered a gallon of VG, a dozen dropper bottles (just because) and received a quart of PG as a freebie. The $6.50 freight charge wasn't shocking on that kinda weight and it bought two-day FedEx delivery.

I'm also digging the big bottles of flavoring for low cost per ml. Oh, lordy, I think I'm becoming a Fanboi. :D

(I don't use Flavorah but appreciate you keeping an eye on price fluctuations, Teresa)

VU Sponsors