Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
As I get older, I realize:
#1 - I talk to myself because there are times I need expert advice.

#2 - I consider "In Style" to be the clothes that still fit.

#3 - I don't need anger management. I need people to stop pissing me off.

#4 - My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work.

#5 - The biggest lie I tell myself is, "I don't need to write that down. I'll remember it."

#6 - I have days when my life is just a tent away from a circus.

#7 - These days, "on time" is when I get there.

#8 - Even duct tape can't fix stupid - but it sure does muffle the sound.

#9 - Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could put ourselves in the dryer for ten minutes, then come out wrinkle-free and three sizes smaller?

#10 - Lately, I've noticed people my age are so much older than me.

#11 - "Getting lucky" means walking into a room and remembering why I'm there.

#12 - When I was a child, I thought nap time was punishment. Now it feels like a mini-vacation.

#13 - Some days I have no idea what I'm doing out of bed.

#14 - I thought growing old would take longer.

#15 - Aging sure has slowed me down, but it hasn't shut me up.

#16 - I still haven't learned to act my age.

#17 - With age comes wisdom - sometimes age comes alone . . .

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I suspect, Crom, that many who never demonstrate wisdom during their lives, it probably does arrive in the last few minutes, when, like a light bulb, they lie on their death beds and mumble, "Ah, so that's what it was all about." The rest of us spend our whole lives trying to make others see what we have determined to be truth while they blindly dance on, oblivious to all around them. Sometimes I ponder which of us are the idiots....

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rosebud....

42 is supposedly the answer.
But is that 42 in Octal, base 10 or hexidecimal?

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I suspect, Crom, that many who never demonstrate wisdom during their lives, it probably does arrive in the last few minutes, when, like a light bulb, they lie on their death beds and mumble, "Ah, so that's what it was all about." The rest of us spend our whole lives trying to make others see what we have determined to be truth while they blindly dance on, oblivious to all around them. Sometimes I ponder which of us are the idiots....
If ignorance is bliss, does that mean wisdom is suffering?

phil68

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went into it kicking and screaming but have learned the error of my ways - a lot of it with help from you guys.

Very grateful for that :)
Hay juicy I just thought of something that you may like. Since you want to move to Hawaii what if you bought some land and had a yurt built on it

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hay juicy I just thought of something that you may like. Since you want to move to Hawaii what if you bought some land and had a yurt built on it

Actually we are still trying to close on 3 acres that has a small house on it

We are planning to build a dome house - but the lady who owns the lot across the street lives in a yurt, it is pretty nice!

phil68

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

We are planning to build a dome house - but the lady who owns the lot across the street lives in a yurt, it is pretty nice!
The reason I thought about it was I was whatching a show called love yurts and they built one for 25,000 that had all the comforts of home

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Dome houses are hard to fit furniture and such in. Helped a friend build one years ago. Not efficient space use.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, sure... if you only think about squares.

it is the traditional way to think of housing in most countrys.
And most furnishings, cabnitry and appliances are designed for flat vertical walls.
Interiors of domes are pretty much all custom work.

dome houses can be great houses.

Ohh and did I mention the leaks?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
And most furnishings, cabnitry and appliances are designed for flat vertical walls.

You have to think a little differently and use space differently

There are many advantages to domes

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening Pholkz....still working this evening, inspected the Scottsdale airport today, and tomorrow, hopefully not on Saturday too, need to finish asap, to get the HELL OUT OF HERE......:(

110F in the shade, with just enough humidity to make it one miserable day, walking off what's left of my ASS.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
55 °F at sunrise this morning. Damn! This is supposed to be mid-summer, not autumn. But by 3 PM, it was 93 °F at 69% RH, so the "feels like" was equivalent to 115 °F (that's 46 °C, Oli).

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

A good modern design with modern materials won't leak - and you know my love of custom everything anyway, lol

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
55 °F at sunrise this morning. Damn! This is supposed to be mid-summer, not autumn. But by 3 PM, it was 93 °F at 69% RH, so the "feels like" was equivalent to 115 °F (that's 46 °C, Oli).
Amazing swings in temperature....:cry:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We can only HOPE.....:)
Speaking of that word (hope), today turned out extremely well. Not just a good day, it was an outright freakin' bloody miracle!

Now that all the cow shit has been cleaned up, it is time to repair the fencing they broke, but this requires a couple new post holes, Now, 14 years ago, I made some post holes with a shovel, but I wasn't as broken then as I am now. Matter of fact, it didn't take digging too many of those holes even back then before I invested in a motorized post hole digger (AKA Auger). Then it didn't take long at all to set corner posts and gate posts on all my fences. The last one I had to do was (I am guessing here)... about 10 years ago. What happened to the auger? Well, dumb ass here just took it in the shop, saw a large hook on the wall, and hung it up there. Hasn't been used even once since then. Here's where the "hope" comes in...

Today, I went out to the shop, pulled it down off the wall (it's a lot heavier than I remember), got a shop rag and cleaned it off (10 years of accumulated dirt), then checked the fuel tank. I opened the cap and poured it out on the ground... thick black sludge. Oh my Gawd, this piece of shit ain't never gonna start... I might as well just throw it away right now. Or I can hope to be able to fix it. I am not a mechanic, but I might get lucky. Well, first, it needs 24:1 fuel/oil mixture, so I made half a gallon of that, put a little in the tank, swished it around and poured it out, then filled the tank. Next: take off the air filter, clean that, and check the carb. I had already pulled the start rope a couple times with no results, but I didn't really expect it to start, so that was no surprise. Rummage around and find the Gumout carb cleaner. Spray a little in the carb. Hmmm... doesn't look all that dirty in there. Pull the rope again. Pop! Rumble. Whirrrrrrr.... HEY, THIS MOFO IS RUNNING!!! GAWD DAMN! SUMBITS!!! HOLY SHIT, BATMAN!

Played with it a couple minutes, then turned it off. Maybe I can make new post holes tomorrow after all.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of that word (hope), today turned out extremely well. Not just a good day, it was an outright freakin' bloody miracle!

Now that all the cow shit has been cleaned up, it is time to repair the fencing they broke, but this requires a couple new post holes, Now, 14 years ago, I made some post holes with a shovel, but I wasn't as broken then as I am now. Matter of fact, it didn't take digging too many of those holes even back then before I invested in a motorized post hole digger (AKA Auger). Then it didn't take long at all to set corner posts and gate posts on all my fences. The last one I had to do was (I am guessing here)... about 10 years ago. What happened to the auger? Well, dumb ass here just took it in the shop, saw a large hook on the wall, and hung it up there. Hasn't been used even once since then. Here's where the "hope" comes in...

Today, I went out to the shop, pulled it down off the wall (it's a lot heavier than I remember), got a shop rag and cleaned it off (10 years of accumulated dirt), then checked the fuel tank. I opened the cap and poured it out on the ground... thick black sludge. Oh my Gawd, this piece of shit ain't never gonna start... I might as well just throw it away right now. Or I can hope to be able to fix it. I am not a mechanic, but I might get lucky. Well, first, it needs 24:1 fuel/oil mixture, so I made half a gallon of that, put a little in the tank, swished it around and poured it out, then filled the tank. Next: take off the air filter, clean that, and check the carb. I had already pulled the start rope a couple times with no results, but I didn't really expect it to start, so that was no surprise. Rummage around and find the Gumout carb cleaner. Spray a little in the carb. Hmmm... doesn't look all that dirty in there. Pull the rope again. Pop! Rumble. Whirrrrrrr.... HEY, THIS MOFO IS RUNNING!!! GAWD DAMN! SUMBITS!!! HOLY SHIT, BATMAN!

Played with it a couple minutes, then turned it off. Maybe I can make new post holes tomorrow after all.
Damn Rich, I hadn't heard any good luck stories from you in awhile.....:wave:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Duh wind is blowing like hell again, can hear thunder in the distance. Did the same last night, but got dry-fucked.

I usually dislike rain, but after today, if it cools off 10-15 degrees, it'll be like heaven, rather than hell.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you keep thinking Positive, things seem to always work out.
The Power of Positive Thinking (good book, by the way) goes a long way to making life work.
The problem is that most people are absolutely positive they will have bad luck, so that's what they get.
I tend to just do whatever the Mother puts in front of me and hope for the best.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Power of Positive Thinking (good book, by the way) goes a long way to making life work.
The problem is that most people are absolutely positive they will have bad luck, so that's what they get.
I tend to just do whatever the Mother puts in front of me and hope for the best.
You speak the truth...!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Old one from Willie, but still holds truth.

Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Kinda of like the philosophy of self-fulfilling prophecies

If you think you can, you will. If you think you can't, you won't.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
G'nite Dale. Teddy tells me I am going to bed now too.
Good night Mrs. Kalabash, wherever you are... Ooops, I meant, Lucy.

VU Sponsors