Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'd have to look for my service manual to get engine specs, but the Bobcat itself is a 1984 model 540, which has a 20 HP 2-cylinder Kohler engine. The bucket up front (stock) is 48-inches wide and max load is 800 pounds (suggested not to exceed 500 pounds for safety concerns). It uses standard gasoline (NOT diesel).
06 Bob working cow corral.jpg
Right side of this picture shows the shit outside the cow barn that just gets bigger and bigger until summer when it gets moved to compost.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd have to look for my service manual to get engine specs, but the Bobcat itself is a 1984 model 540, which has a 20 HP 2-cylinder Kohler engine. The bucket up front (stock) is 48-inches wide and max load is 800 pounds (suggested not to exceed 500 pounds for safety concerns). It uses standard gasoline (NOT diesel).
View attachment 116963
Got it. I'll ask some friends in the equipment business.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 116963
Right side of this picture shows the shit outside the cow barn that just gets bigger and bigger until summer when it gets moved to compost.
Is that yours?...if so, it looks good from the interweb...if it is..I can understand why it's driving you nuts...looks to be in damn good shape

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 116963
Forgot to ask, was that the weather today?

Never hurts to ask, all this global cooling, could be getting a lil snow mixed in with the rain....

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have to hit the hay...I'll call my buddy at the mine in Globe, he may have one laying around they cleaned up around the yards with....he owes me bigtime...I prolly did 10K in thermal imaging for free (cus they gave me so much work a few months ago).

I have a few other people in mind too. Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky, a free skidsteer.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Is that yours?...if so, it looks good from the interweb...if it is..I can understand why it's driving you nuts...looks to be in damn good shape
Took awhile to reply to this because I kept getting that SERVICE UNAVAILABLE message. Anyway, yes, that is my baby. I am not the best mechanic in the world (or even my block) :) but I can keep up the visual appearance of my toys. A little paint always makes old stuff look new.
Forgot to ask, was that the weather today?
Sunny and 90 °F, but sprinkling at the moment.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Took awhile to reply to this because I kept getting that SERVICE UNAVAILABLE message. Anyway, yes, that is my baby. I am not the best mechanic in the world (or even my block) :) but I can keep up the visual appearance of my toys. A little paint always makes old stuff look new.

Sunny and 90 °F, but sprinkling at the moment.
Well I'd definitely put a new engine in that baby....looks can be deceiving, but it sure looks damn good on the interweb.

Regardless, I'll see what I can find for nothing, or next to nothing from my buddies in the business.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have to hit the hay...I'll call my buddy at the mine in Globe, he may have one laying around they cleaned up around the yards with....he owes me bigtime...I prolly did 10K in thermal imaging for free (cus they gave me so much work a few months ago).
I have a few other people in mind too. Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky, a free skidsteer.
G'nite Dale. I need to hit the hay too. I'll keep my fingers crossed (at least until I fall asleep :D) that your friend at least has a bright idea and can point me in a reasonable direction. Thanks. Talk at ya tomorrow.

Theserialvapist

Member For 1 Year
Just chipping in my tuppence worth on the bobcat, I've not worked on them before but from what I've briefly read here and what I know about infernal combustion engines if its properly hydrolocking, I'd check the coolant itself (fouled) and suspect head gasket on the way out maybe or overfuelling. It's a petrol you say so would it a carbed engine or FI? If carbed I'd suggest maybe strip and clean it, if FI maybe find an auto tec to look at the ECU and or bench test the injectors. Sorry if they've already been covered in a post I've missed just my thoughts on it.

phil68

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I have to go see a heart doctor tomorrow am scared shitless. Had an EKG done on Monday found an abnormality no idea what it is. I just hope it can be controlled with meds. I done want to go under the knife again. I hate hospitals

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well I have to go see a heart doctor tomorrow am scared shitless. Had an EKG done on Monday found an abnormality no idea what it is. I just hope it can be controlled with meds. I done want to go under the knife again. I hate hospitals
Phil, the docs found that I have a slightly abnormal heartbeat about 20 years ago. Every once in awhile they find it again (like it is not in my record?) and they panic and act like I should panic. It just ain't that big a deal for me because an occasional double thump or murmur has never caused me a problem. All I am saying to you is that YOU decide whether or not to be afraid and whether or not you can live with whatever it is they are all worried over. Don't panic until you have ALL the facts and then make the assholes explain it thoroughly - do not let them push you toward surgery if you can live with whatever it is.

phil68

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd like to thank everyone for all the kind words it just I had surgery for a hernia and the doctor possibly put a mesh in that they are recalling. And that is why I am scared. Every time something happens to my body it turns out they do something wrong

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Phil, the docs found that I have a slightly abnormal heartbeat about 20 years ago. Every once in awhile they find it again (like it is not in my record?) and they panic and act like I should panic. It just ain't that big a deal for me because an occasional double thump or murmur has never caused me a problem. All I am saying to you is that YOU decide whether or not to be afraid and whether or not you can live with whatever it is they are all worried over. Don't panic until you have ALL the facts and then make the assholes explain it thoroughly - do not let them push you toward surgery if you can live with whatever it is.
^^^^^THIS^^^^^...those damn doctors only care about ONE thing, MONEY.

Could care less whether someone lives or dies. They just move on to the next in line to push Big Pharma's deadly products, with more side effects than the actual problem, if there even is a problem...!

If there isn't a problem, they'll make one.....NO GOOD PIECES OF SHIT.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Could care less whether someone lives or dies.
Latest stats show that doctors and the drugs they push are responsible for over 100,000 deaths in this country each year. So why are they not all being tried for murder? Seems that Congress exempts them from any responsibility. Do not give them control over your life.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Latest stats show that doctors and the drugs they push are responsible for over 100,000 deaths in this country each year. So why are they not all being tried for murder? Seems that Congress exempts them from any responsibility. Do not give them control over your life.
Congress exempts themselves and other cronies of high-crimes too.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How was your day, Rich?

I called the copper mine this morning. My goto guy is in Brazil starting a mine up, will be back next week. She said they would have him call me when he returns.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Congress exempts themselves and other cronies of high-crimes too.
Wouldn't it be nice to have a new law that says everyone -- ALL government employees -- shall abide by the same laws, have all the same rules, get the same sentencing for crimes.... as everyone else in this country. So many of those bastards have raped, robbed, murdered, ripped off the taxpayers for millions that they put in their own accounts... and get nothing more than a slap on the wrist, while Joe Public would be sentenced to life in prison.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How was your day, Rich?

I called the copper mine this morning. My goto guy is in Brazil starting a mine up, will be back next week. She said they would have him call me when he returns.
I shall be waiting with bated breath. ;) (or if we're going fishing, with baited breath)

Well, the weather gods seem to have smiled down on Love Acres. I mentioned last night that it was sprinkling here around midnight (not in the forecast, of course) and whatever weather system pushed that in also brought cooler air, so right after breakfast this morning, while it was still only 64 °F, I fired up Bob and we went out and finished moving all that cow shit. No vapor lock, though Lannie could hear some noises that this deaf old MoFo can't hear, and she said it was popping and clicking like an old car with a bad carb, bad timing, and lousy gas about to die. It didn't, but she said it sounded like it was about to. I'm gonna stir up a new fuel mixture and see if that helps any.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I shall be waiting with bated breath. ;) (or if we're going fishing, with baited breath)

Well, the weather gods seem to have smiled down on Love Acres. I mentioned last night that it was sprinkling here around midnight (not in the forecast, of course) and whatever weather system pushed that in also brought cooler air, so right after breakfast this morning, while it was still only 64 °F, I fired up Bob and we went out and finished moving all that cow shit. No vapor lock, though Lannie could hear some noises that this deaf old MoFo can't hear, and she said it was popping and clicking like an old car with a bad carb, bad timing, and lousy gas about to die. It didn't, but she said it sounded like it was about to. I'm gonna stir up a new fuel mixture and see if that helps any.
It's a nice feeling to have a no hassle productive day......:)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's a nice feeling to have a no hassle productive day......:)
Well, at least Bob wasn't a hassle, but I am very worried about one of my favorite feral kittens (SamWise, a 2-month old tiger striped male) who seems to be very sick. I picked him up, snuggled him, and put a little Reiki energy into him. I will try to do that a few times daily, but I think Lannie will have to put something special in their food too.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Check this shit out....dammit

upload_2018-8-1_22-2-44.png

I'm starting a 100K sf building at the Scottsdale airpark tomorrow morning.....gonna be a long hot humid day. Even at 30% it feels almost unnatural when it's 110F......:(

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, at least Bob wasn't a hassle, but I am very worried about one of my favorite feral kittens (SamWise, a 2-month old tiger striped male) who seems to be very sick. I picked him up, snuggled him, and put a little Reiki energy into him. I will try to do that a few times daily, but I think Lannie will have to put something special in their food too.
I'm the same way, hate seeing animals sick or hurt....and I used to be an Avid big game Hunter....not any longer...I'd rather watch um then kill um.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm starting a 100K sf building at the Scottsdale airpark tomorrow morning.....gonna be a long hot humid day. Even at 30% it feels almost unnatural when it's 110F......:(
Part of me really misses Arizona... part of me is so damn glad I am not where you are. Sigh...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Made a concoction of @Lannie ButterBeer with a twist, using vanilla bean ice cream, butterscotch, banana puree and creme brulee...damn, what a combo...and very tasty as a S&V, prolly better in a few days.

I'm hooked on the root beer flavor. Used to drink the hell out of it, before I quit drinking any soft drinks.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, having been used to the 90s, that 64 really did make me wonder if I needed a jacket... but, ah heck, that really is still T-shirt weather (don't know why I say that when I never wear T-shirts).

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Made a concoction of @Lannie ButterBeer with a twist, using vanilla bean ice cream, butterscotch, banana puree and creme brulee...damn, what a combo...and very tasty as a S&V, prolly better in a few days.

I'm hooked on the root beer flavor. Used to drink the hell out of it, before I quit drinking any soft drinks.
Big grins here... don't know why you keep crediting Lannie for the Butterbeer. Out of all the hundreds of recipes she does, that is the only one that I came up with, and I am the only one in the house that uses it. Yes, she stirs it up for me, but the contents and quantities were my creation. BUT, you also love Scotchcake and she is totally responsible for that one. Anyway, seems we are both experimenting with it, because I am tinkering with mixing the Butterbeer into the Son of a Bitch Biscuit juice.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Big grins here... don't know why you keep crediting Lannie for the Butterbeer. Out of all the hundreds of recipes she does, that is the only one that I came up with, and I am the only one in the house that uses it. Yes, she stirs it up for me, but the contents and quantities were my creation. BUT, you also love Scotchcake and she is totally responsible for that one. Anyway, seems we are both experimenting with it, because I am tinkering with mixing the Butterbeer into the Son of a Bitch Biscuit juice.
Have to give Lannie credit where due......:vino:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can hear that damned wind howling outside again like no tomorrow, suppose another storm is brewing from the north or south heading this way.

I don't mind the heat as much as the humidity....dammit, dammit......:devil:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'd like to thank everyone for all the kind words it just I had surgery for a hernia and the doctor possibly put a mesh in that they are recalling. And that is why I am scared. Every time something happens to my body it turns out they do something wrong

Try looking at your food as medicine and ditch the pill pushers and vampires masquerading as healers - many of us here have overcome deadly diseases by changing how we eat and dropping conventional medicine

Okay, I'll shut up now :cloud:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Try looking at your food as medicine and ditch the pill pushers and vampires masquerading as healers - many of us here have overcome deadly diseases by changing how we eat and dropping conventional medicine

Zacky, Juice.....I should have mentioned that.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

No need shutting that pie hole. Been trying some blended juices. Concluded I needs a juicer. Mixing up celery, kale, carrots, lettuce, beets. It's all good except the yucky grainy gritty earth taste. Also might need some genuine cheese cloth to strain it out, but that'd probably ruin it for fiber content, which I kind of need.

Everyone has a doctor in him or her; we just have to help it in its
work. The natural healing force within each one of us is the greatest
force in getting well. Our food should be our medicine. Our medicine
should be our food. But to eat when you are sick, is to feed your
sickness. -- Hippocrates

Walking is man's best medicine. -- Hippocrates

Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil.
-- Hippocrates

As to diseases make a habit of two things - to help, or at least, to do
no harm. -- Hippocrates

There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets
knowledge, the latter ignorance. -- Hippocrates

Wherever the art of medicine is loved, there is also a love of humanity.
-- Hippocrates

Everything in excess is opposed to nature. -- Hippocrates

Arguably the only sage in all Western medicine.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wouldn't it be nice to have a new law that says everyone -- ALL government employees -- shall abide by the same laws, have all the same rules, get the same sentencing for crimes.... as everyone else in this country. So many of those bastards have raped, robbed, murdered, ripped off the taxpayers for millions that they put in their own accounts... and get nothing more than a slap on the wrist, while Joe Public would be sentenced to life in prison.
one gets as much 'justice' in america as one can afford.

VU Sponsors