Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope. It appears my body is no longer capable of going into the trees alone with chainsaw in hand and filling the truck multiple times. In other words, you are about to hear me say for the first time, "I can't do it." And the splitter doesn't work and I don't know how to fix it (something gummed up in that tiny carburetor). And, yes, I am rapidly becoming a useless fucking old phart. Sigh...
Well that is fucked too, gonna be an expensive winter I assume......:(

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yup. Life's a bitch, but we will find a way.... We always do. We always will. Somehow. Some way....
That's still fucked up, and it seems to get worse by the year.....but it's a great thing you and Lannie have devotion to the homestead and animals.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
seems to get worse by the year
Yup. Getting old is a bitch. And until now, I have never admitted that I cannot do a thing. I have always found a way. Well, working with new data now.
it's a great thing you and Lannie have devotion to the homestead and animals.
I am one of those weirdos who believes I cannot own the land (even though I paid for it). When I check out, do I get to take it with me? So I figure I am merely the temporary caretaker for as long as the Great Spirit chooses to have me be the resident here. I will care for the land as best as I can as long as I am still here to do so. Likewise with the animals. Maybe the law says I "own" them, but the reality is that Lannie and I are their caretakers, and we love them enough to take care of them to the best of our abilities. Kinda like this silly kitten thing... the likelihood that I can actually save Pyxie is probably 100:1 against me. She is just too sick, too depleted, too... but BY GAWD, I AM DAMN WELL GOING TO DO THE BEST I CAN WITH WHAT I HAVE to save that baby's life. And if I am unsuccessful? Then she dies, but her last few days on Earth will have been far more pleasant for her than freezing to death in the garage. She will go out being snuggled in my arms. Or maybe she will live, and if so we will have a new member in the family who knows she is loved.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Voluntarily recalling all lots of Puriton Eye Relief Drops, 0.5 oz. (15ml) bottle, UPC 7 36972 1679 0, to the consumer level. During a recent FDA inspection, investigators observed that ophthalmic drugs, which are required to be sterile, are manufactured without necessary production controls and conditions to assure sterility. Use of a non-sterile eye drop is potentially vision-threatening, due to the risk of an eye infection.

Should be hung by their genitalia in times square.
In the USA no one is ever punished for such things.
New CEO time and the old one leaves with a golden parachute.

Edit did research and found only 4 employees.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did a little research. they make claims of being a homeopathic company.

sounds kind of like an ejuice company or something based on size and having 4 employees at the time of this:

Kadesh, Inc
9618 Garden Grove Boulevard
Garden Grove, CA 92844
Phone: Show Number

Own This Business?
Kadesh, Inc is a privately held company in Garden Grove, CA and is a Single Location business.

Categorized under Wholesale General Merchandise. Our records show it was established in 2016 and incorporated in CA. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of 116567 and employs a staff of approximately 4.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Today's high temp was 28 degrees. At this moment (10 PM), it is 12 degrees outside with a projected low tonight of 6 !!! The forecast last night said we had a 20% chance of slight snow showers with zero accumulation. When I came upstairs this morning, the world was white in all directions with at least an inch of fresh shit on the ground and it kept snowing half the day. Ahhhh, I just love these Autumn days...
:bs:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today's high temp was 28 degrees. At this moment (10 PM), it is 12 degrees outside with a projected low tonight of 6 !!! The forecast last night said we had a 20% chance of slight snow showers with zero accumulation. When I came upstairs this morning, the world was white in all directions with at least an inch of fresh shit on the ground and it kept snowing half the day. Ahhhh, I just love these Autumn days...
:bs:
I was just looking at that....NOT GOOD....I thought they may have fucked up the 6....like maybe it should have been 16....26, POSSIBLY 36.....incredible you just mentioned what I was just reading.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was just looking at that....NOT GOOD....I thought they may have fucked up the 6....like maybe it should have been 16....26, POSSIBLY 36.....incredible you just mentioned what I was just reading.
At 6 degrees, there will be no milking of cows tomorrow morning. It is just too hard once it gets below 10.

That is not the worst news of the day, however. Yesterday, I spent a lot of time nurse-maiding Pyxie. Both Lannie and I tried to get her to eat and drink and ended up forcing her via syringe, but she wouldn't take it all. She has been losing about half an ounce in weight per day, which implies just running her normal bodily functions is burning more calories than we could get into her. Last night, she slept under my chin, absorbing my energy. This morning, I thought maybe she was coming back because we squirted a bit of cream in her and she took it eagerly. But by 10 AM, she seemed to have entered and almost comatose state (occasional jerky reflex movement, but nothing conscious). I kept her on my lap with my hand on her for warmth, but by 12:30, she had stopped breathing and I had to take her tiny little lifeless body out to the garden and bury her. Goodbye baby Pyxie, we shall miss you.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hate to say it, but it was pretty nice today, about 80.....took the new toyota in to the dealer for a front end alignment....which you wouldn't think would be necessary with 500 (yes five hundred) miles on it.....unreal.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sounds like a basically shitty day
Also had to go out and rebuild the manger because the younger milk cow destroyed it. Some days she just has an attitude and is quite willing to push wood until it breaks to get an inch closer to her hay. BITCH! :facepalm:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Also had to go out and rebuild the manger because the younger milk cow destroyed it. Some days she just has an attitude and is quite willing to push wood until it breaks to get an inch closer to her hay. BITCH! :facepalm:
Yep, you had a shitty day. Sorry to hear about your cat passing....I don't like to see or hear any animals suffer, nor be ill - and I used to be an avid hunter....no more, would rather watch than kill.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I boxed up six good size boxes of vape shit I don't use any longer.....needed more space on the bookshelf for other necessary items to run a business. Now the boxes sit on the living room floor till I figure out what to do with the stuff. I did find a couple more 30 watt mods you may like....I'll send um the next chance I have.

Also found a bunch of tiny attys, and can't for the life of me remember the name at the moment, but they were very popular at the other place years ago....I'll send them and the coils too.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I used to be an avid hunter....no more, would rather watch than kill.
Me too, but today, unless I am starving, I won't kill the deer/antelope/elk/whatever. No, I am not saying I have become an anti-hunter; others can still do that with my blessing, but I choose not to do it myself. I'd far rather point my camera at them than my rifle. I will, however, still shoot those critters that are trying to do harm to MY animals (e.g., fox, coyote, skunk).

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Me too, but today, unless I am starving, I won't kill the deer/antelope/elk/whatever. No, I am not saying I have become an anti-hunter; others can still do that with my blessing, but I choose not to do it myself. I'd far rather point my camera at them than my rifle. I will, however, still shoot those critters that are trying to do harm to MY animals (e.g., fox, coyote, skunk).
100%

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, tiny....they were the rage in the tuttle puffers thread for about a year.
I'm still a Tootle Puffer, but usually use the 3 mL tanks now. I still have a few of the tiny ones attached to my EVODs (rarely used, but every now and then I feel like holding a cigar).
Gotta hit the rake, Rich...another Med building tomorrow......:wait:
G'nite, Dale. Given that you and I appear to have been the only participants tonight, I guess I'll turn out the lights now.

CLICK. o_O

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The weather guessers blew it again. It's ZERO degrees outside right now. The wind chill says -17. Now, we get cold weather in November but zero with a nearly minus-20 wind chill is usually December and January weather. After Tuesday, it's supposed to warm back up into the mid- to high-40s for highs and lows in the mid 20s, which is a lot more normal for November here.

Sheesh, it's cold outside. Not quite enough to make the air crack, but it feels damn close!

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
At 6 degrees, there will be no milking of cows tomorrow morning. It is just too hard once it gets below 10.

That is not the worst news of the day, however. Yesterday, I spent a lot of time nurse-maiding Pyxie. Both Lannie and I tried to get her to eat and drink and ended up forcing her via syringe, but she wouldn't take it all. She has been losing about half an ounce in weight per day, which implies just running her normal bodily functions is burning more calories than we could get into her. Last night, she slept under my chin, absorbing my energy. This morning, I thought maybe she was coming back because we squirted a bit of cream in her and she took it eagerly. But by 10 AM, she seemed to have entered and almost comatose state (occasional jerky reflex movement, but nothing conscious). I kept her on my lap with my hand on her for warmth, but by 12:30, she had stopped breathing and I had to take her tiny little lifeless body out to the garden and bury her. Goodbye baby Pyxie, we shall miss you.
You tried your best with Pyxie. Sorry to hear. :(

We had our first snow. A few inches and the masses didn't heed the warning of a first snow in WI. A few rolled over vehicles locally noted so far.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lannie mentioned this morning that it was ZERO degrees instead of the +6 ºF in the official NWS forecast. Well, it was actually -0.4 ºF here, which rounds to zero, but I am counting it as our first negative temperature for the season. The high temperature for the day was only +21 ºF. Wind has gotten steadily worse all day and it currently about 30 mph (9:00 PM) and the temp is +13 ºF, which makes for a wind chill of ---- old index, calculations before 2001, -27.93 ºF, but the new index, given the government doesn't want people to "feel so uncomfortable" is only -8.21 ºF. Regardless of all that gobbledygook, the stupid ass chickens danced on the extension cord that their water heater is plugged into, thereby unplugging the damn thing, so when we did evening chores, I found their entire water tank to be one big block of ice. Given that the wind is from the south, which is our least insulated house wall, it is only +66 ºF in the living room, so I guess we are now competing with @Jimi to see who will be coldest INSIDE the house this winter. Oh, wait, it is not even officially winter for about five more weeks. Damn. Wish I had some firewood. And some insulation. And a house in Tucson. And.... Oh well... get on with it. o_O

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lannie mentioned this morning that it was ZERO degrees instead of the +6 ºF in the official NWS forecast. Well, it was actually -0.4 ºF here, which rounds to zero, but I am counting it as our first negative temperature for the season. The high temperature for the day was only +21 ºF. Wind has gotten steadily worse all day and it currently about 30 mph (9:00 PM) and the temp is +13 ºF, which makes for a wind chill of ---- old index, calculations before 2001, -27.93 ºF, but the new index, given the government doesn't want people to "feel so uncomfortable" is only -8.21 ºF. Regardless of all that gobbledygook, the stupid ass chickens danced on the extension cord that their water heater is plugged into, thereby unplugging the damn thing, so when we did evening chores, I found their entire water tank to be one big block of ice. Given that the wind is from the south, which is our least insulated house wall, it is only +66 ºF in the living room, so I guess we are now competing with @Jimi to see who will be coldest INSIDE the house this winter. Oh, wait, it is not even officially winter for about five more weeks. Damn. Wish I had some firewood. And some insulation. And a house in Tucson. And.... Oh well... get on with it. o_O
Wow....that is incredibly cold for first of Nov.....unbelievable...!

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Old pharts! Cold here in SE WI? Not as cold as SD!

Working the weekend. I'm holding off on the job hunt for a while. I have a slot the last week of Nov to get my transmission rebuilt in house. Then the car needs 4 new tires for winter. I'll hold off the the exhaust system until Spring if possible. I'm also waiting to get my 6 months in at this current job. The job I want to obtain is less than 2 miles from my house (Kerry Ingredients) and they look at job history. I'm looking for a full time job because I never know if the hubs is going to keep working after 66 which is coming up in May. I'll need my own insurance.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
SSDD, another medical office building....damn doctors are buying buildings like no tomorrow.....the CDC must have told them their trying to poison as many people as possible AND as quickly as they can.
They only know how to push a pill. My liver doctor is from India and I'm surprised she is narrow minded. She had a fit and laughed at me when I told her I'm on keto for anti inflammation. She said "food won't heal you"! I beg to differ. I

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You said she was from India. Born and raised there? If so, she knows better than her statement implies... or born to a rich city family?
Yes, born and raised. There is a monopoly in health care here in SE WI. Froedert has taken over most of the clinics and the only other healthcare (competition) are just as incompetent.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, born and raised. There is a monopoly in health care here in SE WI. Froedert has taken over most of the clinics and the only other healthcare (competition) are just as incompetent.
I'm skipping the insurance this year, the price is almost a Grand a month, with a 5K deductible, and only ONE insurance company in Maricopa county...before that JACKASS obummer-duh-fuckhead, my premium was 250 a month....!

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There is a monopoly in health care here
Of course, in this country, any doctor who disagrees with the AMA or FDA will immediately lose his/her license to practice. Most of them lie because they have no choice if they want to keep their jobs. I have had a few whisper in my ear, but they knew I would never rat on them. Then again, I have had a few threaten to throw me out of their exam rooms because I suggested something other than the textbook fix.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm skipping the insurance this year, the price is almost a Grand a month, with a 5K deductible, and only ONE insurance company in Maricopa county...before that JACKASS obummer-duh-fuckhead, my premium was 250 a month....!
Where I work right now that is the price of a family plan (grand a month). IDK what hubs pays but he's stuck paying for the family plan (no option for hubs/wife) and it's pricey with a 2 grand (each person) deductible. This year he used the company deductible (1500 bucks) is paid to the first person who uses it in the plan. That means 500 dollars out of pocket (deductible). I couldn't afford 2 grand this year due to not working many hours. I skipped the usual stuff I was suppose to do except for the liver doctor. Next year I plan on using my insurance to the max.

I'm going for a Independent doctor here https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...bendmed.com/&usg=AOvVaw1gMSt4h9UV_eQQSuptbgZJ I actually conversed with a few. The one doctor on the right was hubs doctor at the clinic we use. The 3 doctors got fed up with bureaucracy and started their own clinic. I plan to pick one in 2019. I also believe they will protect me from the big clinic (like advisement) on my current quacks.

VU Sponsors