Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think the shit hits the fan starting tomorrow night when the temp drops to 10,
See that....really incredible for the first of November.....that's usually reserved for other months.....but we have the global cooling upon us, hopefully it'll hit here too.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn, Rich....just looked at the "guessing" in your area, hope their wrong again...looks like winter is there, sadly.
I seen on our weather that you were gonna take a temp dip Rich
Yup. I blame the Canuks for allowing the illegal border crossing of those Canadian Blue Tongues (Arctic cold air masses). Thankfully, the blizzards have not come with them... YET.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today's speakers were pretty good, but it's time sensitive
There has been a whole shitload of folks explaining the truth about what causes that dreaded disease, hope everyone listens to the great advise they are providing....!

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How is the lil kitten doing you mentioned last night?
The little ball of gray fur, who we are guessing is 5-6 weeks old, weighed in at only 14 ounces. Lannie has been washing her eyes with saline solution and putting medicinal eye drops in her eyes, but they seem to glue themselves shut again in only a few hours. Also been using a syringe to get chicken broth in her belly. Found out she will lick butter off my finger today. She spent the entire night last night snuggled up under my chin (when I wasn't sitting up rubbing salve on my legs or walking around trying to get the cramps to go away) and probably will again tonight (letting them absorb my body energy always seems to improve them a bit). She is getting slightly better, but still has a ways to go. Right at this moment, Pyxie is snuggled up sleeping against our next smallest baby, Peanut, a five month old girl who is the size of one only 2-3 months old (her brother is easily twice her size). All three of those are ferals who insisted on coming in the house (most ferals will not do that).

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I do too, and like they say, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The little ball of gray fur, who we are guessing is 5-6 weeks old, weighed in at only 14 ounces. Lannie has been washing her eyes with saline solution and putting medicinal eye drops in her eyes, but they seem to glue themselves shut again in only a few hours. Also been using a syringe to get chicken broth in her belly. Found out she will lick butter off my finger today. She spent the entire night last night snuggled up under my chin (when I wasn't sitting up rubbing salve on my legs or walking around trying to get the cramps to go away) and probably will again tonight (letting them absorb my body energy always seems to improve them a bit). She is getting slightly better, but still has a ways to go. Right at this moment, Pyxie is snuggled up sleeping against our next smallest baby, Peanut, a five month old girl who is the size of one only 2-3 months old (her brother is easily twice her size). All three of those are ferals who insisted on coming in the house (most ferals will not do that).
That's good to hear, hopefully the cat will be fine.

Have you tried loading up on the potassium for the leg cramps?

I'm sure Lannie has a tonic for the cramps, but potassium seemed to work really well for me.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine and Jimi's bottles of Valerian Root extract arrived yesterday.....I slept like a baby last night. Now I need to get Jimi's bottle in the mail tomorrow.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have you tried loading up on the potassium for the leg cramps?
I'm sure Lannie has a tonic for the cramps, but potassium seemed to work really well for me.
I am taking so much shit right at the moment I am not even sure I can tell you what alI is going down my throat. Trying to overcome the gallbladder issue is my #1 priority, and also working on preventing any further kidney stones... (gotta order some magnesium citrate) ...lots and lots of herby things. Anyway, Lannie made a special cream for cramps, which I am using, but mostly she tells me this is failure to properly hydrate. But I know many many days of drinking nothing at all and not getting cramps that I am not sure I understand that directive. Oh well...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll probably misspell this but here goes, quinine works great for me when I get leg cramps
Yep...it's supposed to work well....forgot all about it....but haven't had leg cramps in awhile after eating lots of bananas and taking a potassium supplement.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am taking so much shit right at the moment I am not even sure I can tell you what alI is going down my throat. Trying to overcome the gallbladder issue is my #1 priority, and also working on preventing any further kidney stones... (gotta order some magnesium citrate) ...lots and lots of herby things. Anyway, Lannie made a special cream for cramps, which I am using, but mostly she tells me this is failure to properly hydrate. But I know many many days of drinking nothing at all and not getting cramps that I am not sure I understand that directive. Oh well...
I ordered a few bottles of the magnesium citrate to take to EC, my GF is having the same problem with the gallbladder.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Potassium works great for most but I have a weird system or something cause I i eat lots of banana's too and take a potassium supplement and still get them once in a while.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am sorry Rich but I have to agree with Lannie on the water.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Potassium works great for most but I have a weird system or something cause I i eat lots of banana's too and take a potassium supplement and still get them once in a while.
Dehydration is the number one cause I believe.....so I'm told by my witch doctor uncle, who is a so called "doctor"....but I don't pay any attention to his advice.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't had them in quite awhile, thank God....for a while I was waking up every night in agony.....damn what a way to screw up a nights rest.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't had them in quite awhile, thank God....for a while I was waking up every night in agony.....damn what a way to screw up a nights rest.
I have them in bed the most, used to have a lot worse a few years ago and yes they can really suck, kinda like a heart attack in the leg. I use to get them while driving too and would have to pull over and try to walk it off.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am sorry Rich but I have to agree with Lannie on the water.
Then please explain why when drinking nothing, I do not get cramps, yet a couple glasses of apple or grape juice (100% juice - no sugar) and I get cramps. Or a couple orange or kiwi (pick a drink - and those things are, by the way, mostly water and no other additives but the fruit) will not hydrate, yet drinking nothing at all does not produce cramps.

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Then please explain why when drinking nothing, I do not get cramps, yet a couple glasses of apple or grape juice (100% juice - no sugar) and I get cramps. Or a couple orange or kiwi (pick a drink - and those things are, by the way, mostly water and no other additives but the fruit) will not hydrate, yet drinking nothing at all does not produce cramps.
Drink just water and plenty of it, everyone should drink at least a gallon or more a day of just plain water every day, and the more you do the more you should drink. I drink close to two gallons a day.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't tried commercial eliquid in ages. A vendor(trying to make it right) sent me a free 120ml of a flavor called Lemon Berry. It was a thoughtful gesture but OMG. The only flavor I tasted was a overwhelming sweetness. Do all vendors slap 5% of supersweet in e-liquids? I might be sensitive or something but just another reason why I never buy vape liquid. I make it.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
HiYa Sandi, i honestly think they do overload their juices with sweetener, I think it's to hide cheap flavorings or a poor mixing job, I haven't bought any pre-made juice since May of 2013

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
everyone should drink at least a gallon or more a day of just plain water every day, and the more you do the more you should drink. I drink close to two gallons a day.
And have you been listening to a medical quack? For a person who does not do a lot of exercise, has average body size and weight, the maximum water intake should be no more than four large glasses (16 ounces max each) per day. What you are doing is called overhydration, which can lead to numerous illnesses, including death. Do not believe me, but go to your search engine and look it up. There are many good sources that are not lying about this and not one of them will suggest anyone (not even over-heated athletes) drink as much water as you are doing.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And have you been listening to a medical quack? For a person who does not do a lot of exercise, has average body size and weight, the maximum water intake should be no more than four large glasses (16 ounces max each) per day. What you are doing is called overhydration, which can lead to numerous illnesses, including death. Do not believe me, but go to your search engine and look it up. There are many good sources that are not lying about this and not one of them will suggest anyone (not even over-heated athletes) drink as much water as you are doing.
I drink over a gallon of water each day....sometimes a couple gallons....depends how much sweat leaves the body.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I drink over a gallon of water each day....sometimes a couple gallons....depends how much sweat leaves the body.
One of the best gauges of water consumption is your urine. Dark yellow? Not enough water. Light yellow? Probably fine. Almost clear? You are consuming too much and have stressed your kidneys beyond their ability to process. My urine goes totally clear before I hit half a gallon.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
HiYa Sandi, i honestly think they do overload their juices with sweetener, I think it's to hide cheap flavorings or a poor mixing job, I haven't bought any pre-made juice since May of 2013
I haven't bought for myself since 2011 but have tried a few free samples here and there. This was a free gift of sorts. I think your right on the overload. I would give it to family but it's not vapable at all.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I must have missed something. I remember saying something about fruit juices (water with fruit concentrates but NO sugar/HFCS/aspartame or any other additives) and now we are on vape juices? What did I miss?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't tried commercial eliquid in ages. A vendor(trying to make it right) sent me a free 120ml of a flavor called Lemon Berry. It was a thoughtful gesture but OMG. The only flavor I tasted was a overwhelming sweetness. Do all vendors slap 5% of supersweet in e-liquids? I might be sensitive or something but just another reason why I never buy vape liquid. I make it.
Believe Jimi was was talking about this post Sandi made

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Obviously you're not working hard enough....:giggle::teehee::giggle:
That half gallon comment was one of the days I was sweating the most. I can make my shirt wet when working my ass off, but I never dehydrate by sweating, although that is why Lannie claims I am cramping. Having made notes on this, it seems I cramp the most on those days I drive the farthest and/or do a great deal of walking (which might not produce sweat).

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What the hell you doing here at 3:00 in the afternoon, Rich?

Took half the day off?

That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it........:wave:
Total accident. We went out to vote right after breakfast, then I did most of my chores as soon as we got back, so I came down here to the dungeon to take a break and ... well, here I am. I have about 15 minutes left before more chores start.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That half gallon comment was one of the days I was sweating the most. I can make my shirt wet when working my ass off, but I never dehydrate by sweating, although that is why Lannie claims I am cramping. Having made notes on this, it seems I cramp the most on those days I drive the farthest and/or do a great deal of walking (which might not produce sweat).
I'll get leg cramps after a LONG plane ride.....NEVER enough space for my legs, even at the front of the plane

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll get leg cramps after a LONG plane ride.....NEVER enough space for my legs, even at the front of the plane
The other cramp question I cannot seem to find an answer on is why they don't start until AFTER I get in bed (the night of the long drives day). Is there something about lying down that initiates the cramp?

OK, I'm outta here now. Back between 10-11 PM tonight.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The other cramp question I cannot seem to find an answer on is why they don't start until AFTER I get in bed (the night of the long drives day). Is there something about lying down that initiates the cramp?

OK, I'm outta here now. Back between 10-11 PM tonight.
Don't know the answer either....never looked for a reason....but same here, never got leg cramps until about 2-3:00 AM....then can't go back to sleep.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got in from a day of taking SIL tpo yet another doctors appt in the big city.
Had to go by wally world to pick up a prescription for the wife.
Within 20 min of getting home the wife unit called in a refill to wally world for yet another prescription.

sigh...

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On all of the cancer series they are saying to start your day off with a quart of water and three more quarts as the day goes, It's been working great for me and if drink less than a gallon my pee starts to turn a darker yellow.

VU Sponsors