Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't get it, Sandi. Why is your car falling apart at those ratings? My car (working pickup) is almost 15 years old, has 150,000 miles on it, and has nothing wrong with any of it. And I don't treat it with kid gloves either.
I bought a ford focus. It must be the luck of the draw. We have a 2001 ford focus and the transmission is perfect. It has 128,000 miles on it.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't get it, Sandi. Why is your car falling apart at those ratings? My car (working pickup) is almost 15 years old, has 150,000 miles on it, and has nothing wrong with any of it. And I don't treat it with kid gloves either.
I was going to ask the same thing, one of my Ford trucks has almost 250,000 miles on it....I haven't done anything to it except tune ups oil changes new tires and a few batteries and windshields.....

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
a huge immune response.
ahhh... I have known people who have this kind of response to common house spiders - those that rarely bite anyone, but if they do, don't even leave a mark, but a few get large swellings and itching -- something different about their immune systems. Best to just keep the kid clear of all arachnids.

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A whole lot of spiders bite, but might not be poison (ala brown recluse, which is usually in a wood pile, or black widow, which is usually in a dark moist stable place, so neither of those is likely to live in a leaf pile). Of course, your son might just be having a reaction that someone else wouldn't have. When a spider bites me, typically there is a small red dot for a day or two, then it is gone. Less reaction than a skeeter. No big deal.
WEe must have different kind of spiders here, I get bit all the time and get a big blister that stays raw for days, we have big spiders in this old house of ours, some big enough to throw a saddle on

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I never looked anywhere how sweet potatoes grow - anyway...I was planting a aloe vera in the corner of the garden this afternoon.....had sweet potatoes vines 40 feet long in every direction, found out there are potatoes growing about every 2 feet, where the vine starts growing a root into the soil there are a bunch of potatoes on the root......I couldn't believe it.....so naturally I ripped up about 20 foot of vines with little fingerling sweet potatoes hanging from the vine every couple feet.....made a nice snack. I was under the impression they grew like regular white potatoes, you stick a pitch fork below the plant and there are is the fruit.....unlike the sweet potatoes.
:giggle::giggle:Nope you have to chase them down:giggle::giggle:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I get bit all the time and get a big blister that stays raw for days, we have big spiders in this old house of ours, some big enough to throw a saddle on
Never had a blister from a spider bite. And last time I saw a spider that big (except tarantulas in AZ) was in a cellar in England. Lannie killed a hug black widow on our dog porch (near the firewood pile) a few weeks back, but to the best of my knowledge, I have never been bit by one of those either.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Never had a blister from a spider bite. And last time I saw a spider that big (except tarantulas in AZ) was in a cellar in England. Lannie killed a hug black widow on our dog porch (near the firewood pile) a few weeks back, but to the best of my knowledge, I have never been bit by one of those either.
It's just a certain kind here that makes the blister followed by raw flesh Rich

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does it have a name? Like Brown Recluse? Have something that looks like a violin on its back?

G'nite Jimi.
No, but we do have brown Recluse spiders here and i know what they look like, these are a blondish spider, light blond and hard to see with these old eyes:rolleyes:. They give a nasty bit but not as bad as a Brown Recluse. I usually just scoop up spiders and take them outside but these blond bastards get smashed.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening Jimi.....how was your day ole buddy?

I worked, so same shit, different day.
Evening Dale, it went pretty good just kicking back and having a big glass of freshly juiced carrot juice. You wont know how to act when you go south in a month after working as much as you have been

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening Dale, it went pretty good just kicking back and having a big glass of freshly juiced carrot juice. You wont know how to act when you go south in a month after working as much as you have been
I'll find something to keep me occupied....my GF wants me to plant 50 Papaya trees.....:cry:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cool,i love nanas, how much difference is there in tree ripe verses what you buy at the stores Dale?
BIG difference, no comparison, even the organic bananas don't taste like fresh ones....not even close....their much more creamier and sweet....perhaps it's just the variety - specie of the tree which creates a vast difference in taste.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BIG difference, no comparison, even the organic bananas don't taste like fresh ones....not even close....their much more creamier and sweet....perhaps it's just the variety - specie of the tree which creates a vast difference in taste.
Store bought nanners are picked very green. Tree ripened ones are much better and often an creamier sweeter variety that would not ship well.

Also some big tarantulas would come in with some on the ships to Tampa.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Those sound so good

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
About five, maybe six weeks ago, one of the feral cats had a litter of six kittens. Her milk dried up too soon, so her own mama tried to take over, but she didn't have much left over from her previous litter either, so all these babies are stunted and ill (weak, starving, sick). Two of them just plain disappeared and Lannie found another one, the only boy in the litter, dead in the garage this morning, so my day started out with burying that baby. One of the other babies, whose eyes are stuck shut and whose breathing is really bad (I don't think she can smell, so she isn't finding the food) started following me around. She must be focused on my energy pattern if she can neither see nor smell, but just before we went out to do morning chores, this baby followed me out of the garage, through wet grass and snow in a perfect line and caught up to me at the shop door. Clearly she wanted me to pick her up, warm her up, and feed her some energy. I took her in the house and Lannie tried to fix her eyes and used a syringe to put some clabber in her. We'll keep working on her because there is no doubt in my mind that if we put her back in the garage, she'll be dead in two days.* And, even in the house her survival is iffy, but I am determined to save her, so we named this tiny baby Pyxie (that's the Celtic spelling, which is Kel-tic, not Selt-iks for anyone from new england). ;)

* Speaking of two days, the forecast low for Tuesday night is 10 fucking degrees. So I had to take down all the window screens and put up the storm windows, in spite of the "breeze" that was trying to blow me off the ladder. Lannie held the ladder steady and handed me up the storm windows for me to clip in place. Then we went out to the horse corral and emptied the trough. Lannie cleaned it out while I installed a new hose and set up the concrete blocks and raked horse shit out of the way in the barn. We then brought the trough in, finished the set up, and filled it. Now it can be plugged in so the heater will stop it from icing over. Sounds simple, but those two tasks took both of us 2.5 hours and hands and ears were thoroughly icy when we got back in the house.

Welcome to Fucking Winter on the Prairie.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Store bought nanners are picked very green. Tree ripened ones are much better and often an creamier sweeter variety that would not ship well.

Also some big tarantulas would come in with some on the ships to Tampa.
Tree ripped nanners in Florida are better than any nanner for sale in a market.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
About five, maybe six weeks ago, one of the feral cats had a litter of six kittens. Her milk dried up too soon, so her own mama tried to take over, but she didn't have much left over from her previous litter either, so all these babies are stunted and ill (weak, starving, sick). Two of them just plain disappeared and Lannie found another one, the only boy in the litter, dead in the garage this morning, so my day started out with burying that baby. One of the other babies, whose eyes are stuck shut and whose breathing is really bad (I don't think she can smell, so she isn't finding the food) started following me around. She must be focused on my energy pattern if she can neither see nor smell, but just before we went out to do morning chores, this baby followed me out of the garage, through wet grass and snow in a perfect line and caught up to me at the shop door. Clearly she wanted me to pick her up, warm her up, and feed her some energy. I took her in the house and Lannie tried to fix her eyes and used a syringe to put some clabber in her. We'll keep working on her because there is no doubt in my mind that if we put her back in the garage, she'll be dead in two days.* And, even in the house her survival is iffy, but I am determined to save her, so we named this tiny baby Pyxie (that's the Celtic spelling, which is Kel-tic, not Selt-iks for anyone from new england). ;)

* Speaking of two days, the forecast low for Tuesday night is 10 fucking degrees. So I had to take down all the window screens and put up the storm windows, in spite of the "breeze" that was trying to blow me off the ladder. Lannie held the ladder steady and handed me up the storm windows for me to clip in place. Then we went out to the horse corral and emptied the trough. Lannie cleaned it out while I installed a new hose and set up the concrete blocks and raked horse shit out of the way in the barn. We then brought the trough in, finished the set up, and filled it. Now it can be plugged in so the heater will stop it from icing over. Sounds simple, but those two tasks took both of us 2.5 hours and hands and ears were thoroughly icy when we got back in the house.

Welcome to Fucking Winter on the Prairie.
Sorry to hear about your cat problems.....

I did notice the projected 10 degree temps yesterday, but didn't have the heart to mention it.......:oops:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was decent here today, mid 70's....although it's supposed to be back near 80 this week.....which isn't to bad, but mid to low 70's are much more enjoyable.

upload_2018-11-4_21-44-22.png

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Didn't sleep for shit last night (leg cramps) so I have been dragging ass all day today. But it got all the way up to 40 today and the sun actually came out for five minutes........

VU Sponsors