Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening Rich how was your day my friend?
Had to go to Sturgis (Ft. Meade VA) for my audiology appt. Yup, the testing says I am now deafer than three years ago, so they'll order me two new hearing aids. Home and during evening chores, got a rain/snow mix that made things really miserable (high was only 44 today). It is currently 31 and snowing like a son of a bitch. The forecast, of course, projected only light rain. Assholes. The ground is now white and this is probably headed in your direction, Jimi.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Had to go to Sturgis (Ft. Meade VA) for my audiology appt. Yup, the testing says I am now deafer than three years ago, so they'll order me two new hearing aids. Home and during evening chores, got a rain/snow mix that made things really miserable (high was only 44 today). It is currently 31 and snowing like a son of a bitch. The forecast, of course, projected only light rain. Assholes. The ground is now white and this is probably headed in your direction, Jimi.
That is shitty cold nasty weather.......:cuss2:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well my friends I have had a sucks day and gonna go soak so see ya tomorrow, have a good Saturday

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm still waiting for a slot (time) to take my car in for a transmission repair/??. Two guys own the transmission shop and one is on vacation right now. I need the transmission fixed/rebuilt and then I need to get 4 new tires. I also have a exhaust system hole that will probably cost me a total replacement. I'm getting a second opinion on that one. However, my car has 70,000 on it and is 11 years old. I can't afford a new car right now. Next car is going to be a honda or toyota.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm still waiting for a slot (time) to take my car in for a transmission repair/??. Two guys own the transmission shop and one is on vacation right now. I need the transmission fixed/rebuilt and then I need to get 4 new tires. I also have a exhaust system hole that will probably cost me a total replacement. I'm getting a second opinion on that one. However, my car has 70,000 on it and is 11 years old. I can't afford a new car right now. Next car is going to be a honda or toyota.
Friend of mine runs a muffler shop and you are right, they CAN fix it, well if they have any sense that is.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Daaaaum.....Rich.....was looking at the guessers predictions for your area....mid teens at night the week ahead?
Isn't that a unusually cold for the first of Nov?
Depends on the year, but those temps come and go in Novulger and Decucumber. The problem isn't that it will be 18 degrees in a couple days, but that my tired old body hasn't acclimatized to it yet and I'm thinking you need to pack me in your suitcase when you go to EC next month. :D

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Depends on the year, but those temps come and go in Novulger and Decucumber. The problem isn't that it will be 18 degrees in a couple days, but that my tired old body hasn't acclimatized to it yet and I'm thinking you need to pack me in your suitcase when you go to EC next month. :D
Hey can I squeeze into a side pocket of that suitcase:giggle:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
they are spiders that bite.
A whole lot of spiders bite, but might not be poison (ala brown recluse, which is usually in a wood pile, or black widow, which is usually in a dark moist stable place, so neither of those is likely to live in a leaf pile). Of course, your son might just be having a reaction that someone else wouldn't have. When a spider bites me, typically there is a small red dot for a day or two, then it is gone. Less reaction than a skeeter. No big deal.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I never looked anywhere how sweet potatoes grow - anyway...I was planting a aloe vera in the corner of the garden this afternoon.....had sweet potatoes vines 40 feet long in every direction, found out there are potatoes growing about every 2 feet, where the vine starts growing a root into the soil there are a bunch of potatoes on the root......I couldn't believe it.....so naturally I ripped up about 20 foot of vines with little fingerling sweet potatoes hanging from the vine every couple feet.....made a nice snack. I was under the impression they grew like regular white potatoes, you stick a pitch fork below the plant and there are is the fruit.....unlike the sweet potatoes.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
my car has 70,000 on it and is 11 years old. I can't afford a new car right now.
I don't get it, Sandi. Why is your car falling apart at those ratings? My car (working pickup) is almost 15 years old, has 150,000 miles on it, and has nothing wrong with any of it. And I don't treat it with kid gloves either.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A whole lot of spiders bite, but might not be poison (ala brown recluse, which is usually in a wood pile, or black widow, which is usually in a dark moist stable place, so neither of those is likely to live in a leaf pile). Of course, your son might just be having a reaction that someone else wouldn't have. When a spider bites me, typically there is a small red dot for a day or two, then it is gone. Less reaction than a skeeter. No big deal.
I don't think they were poisonous. No necrotic areas but a huge immune response.

VU Sponsors