Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hit 70 here today. Started raining about dark. Nice day.
High tomorrow supposed to be 43.

fixed supper a while ago.
Spaghetti, salad and garlic bread.
Kinda bloated now.

Had my 3rd day off as Uberman :bunny:
Back on Uber shift tomorrow for a few days.
Then go order stuff to build a porch with.
Including nailgun. Poor ol shoulder cannot handle hammering a bunch of nails in.
You gonna build another shed this summer, or keep using the basement as the getaway?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you were born between 1925-1960, you will probably find this amusing. You might find it so even if you were born after those dates, but it is possible not everything in this list will apply to you. If you have seen this before, go ahead and just skip over it,

NO MATTER WHAT OUR KIDS AND THE NEW GENERATION THINK ABOUT US , WE ARE AWESOME !!!

Our Lives are LIVING PROOF !!!

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank - While they were pregnant.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then, after that trauma, we were put to sleep on our tummies in baby cribs Covered with bright colored Lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, locks on doors or cabinets, And, when we rode our bikes, We had baseball caps, Not helmets, on our heads.

As infants and children, we would ride in cars with no car seats, no booster seats, no seat belts, no air bags, bald tires and sometimes no brakes.

Riding in the back of a pickup truck on a warm day was always a special treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle, and no one actually died from this.

We ate cupcakes, white bread, real butter, and bacon. We drank Kool-Aid made with real white sugar. And we weren't overweight.
WHY?

Because we were always outside playing...that's why!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.
No one was able to reach us all day ...
And, we were OKAY.

We would spend hours building Our go-carts out of scraps and then ride them down the hill,
Only to find out that we forgot about brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned To Solve the problem.

We did not Have Play Stations, Nintendo and X-boxes. There were
No video games,
No 150 channels on cable,
No video movies Or DVDs,
No surround-sound or CDs,
No cell phones,
No personal computers,
No Internet and
No chat rooms.
WE HAD FRIENDS
And we went
Outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut,
Broke bones and Lost teeth,
And there were No lawsuits
From those accidents.

We would get Spankings with wooden spoons, switches, ping-pong paddles, or just a bare hand,
And no one would call child services to report abuse.

We ate worms, And mud pies Made from dirt,
And
The worms did Not live in us forever.

We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays,
22 rifles for our 12th, rode horses,
made up games with sticks and tennis balls, and although we were
Told it would happen- we did not put out very many eyes.

We rode bikes
Or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell,
or just Walked in and talked to them.

Little League had tryouts And not everyone Made the team.
Those who didn't Had to learn To deal with Disappointment.
Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent Bailing us out If we broke the law
was unheard of ... They actually sided with the law!

These generations have
Produced some of the best risk-takers,
Problem solvers, and
Inventors ever.

The past 60 to 85 years Have seen an explosion of innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom, Failure, success and responsibility, and we learned How to deal with it all.

Too bad today's society hasn't a clue how to deal with anything because they grew up so sheltered they don't have a clue how to stand on their own two feet and MAKE THINGS HAPPEN.

~~~~~~~

The quote of the month
by
Jay Leno:

"With hurricanes,
tornadoes , fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?"

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We finished the smoker for my brother. It is made almost entirely from recycling materials into a useful piece of art. We customized it for him, since he is a former Marine, with a birthday coming up next week.
d2400d2ed489f254e0540e58339654f9.jpg

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you were born between 1925-1960, you will probably find this amusing. You might find it so even if you were born after those dates, but it is possible not everything in this list will apply to you. If you have seen this before, go ahead and just skip over it,

NO MATTER WHAT OUR KIDS AND THE NEW GENERATION THINK ABOUT US , WE ARE AWESOME !!!

Our Lives are LIVING PROOF !!!

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank - While they were pregnant.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then, after that trauma, we were put to sleep on our tummies in baby cribs Covered with bright colored Lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, locks on doors or cabinets, And, when we rode our bikes, We had baseball caps, Not helmets, on our heads.

As infants and children, we would ride in cars with no car seats, no booster seats, no seat belts, no air bags, bald tires and sometimes no brakes.

Riding in the back of a pickup truck on a warm day was always a special treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle, and no one actually died from this.

We ate cupcakes, white bread, real butter, and bacon. We drank Kool-Aid made with real white sugar. And we weren't overweight.
WHY?
Because we were always outside playing...that's why!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.
No one was able to reach us all day ...
And, we were OKAY.

We would spend hours building Our go-carts out of scraps and then ride them down the hill,
Only to find out that we forgot about brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned To Solve the problem.

We did not Have Play Stations, Nintendo and X-boxes. There were
No video games,
No 150 channels on cable,
No video movies Or DVDs,
No surround-sound or CDs,
No cell phones,
No personal computers,
No Internet and
No chat rooms.
WE HAD FRIENDS
And we went
Outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut,
Broke bones and Lost teeth,
And there were No lawsuits
From those accidents.

We would get Spankings with wooden spoons, switches, ping-pong paddles, or just a bare hand,
And no one would call child services to report abuse.

We ate worms, And mud pies Made from dirt,
And
The worms did Not live in us forever.

We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays,
22 rifles for our 12th, rode horses,
made up games with sticks and tennis balls, and although we were
Told it would happen- we did not put out very many eyes.

We rode bikes
Or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell,
or just Walked in and talked to them.

Little League had tryouts And not everyone Made the team.
Those who didn't Had to learn To deal with Disappointment.
Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent Bailing us out If we broke the law
was unheard of ... They actually sided with the law!

These generations have
Produced some of the best risk-takers,
Problem solvers, and
Inventors ever.

The past 60 to 85 years Have seen an explosion of innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom, Failure, success and responsibility, and we learned How to deal with it all.

Too bad today's society hasn't a clue how to deal with anything because they grew up so sheltered they don't have a clue how to stand on their own two feet and MAKE THINGS HAPPEN.

~~~~~~~

The quote of the month
by
Jay Leno:

"With hurricanes,
tornadoes , fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?"
Oh how I yearn for the good ole days....:(

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is the weather improving in your part of the world, Rich?

Was decent here today for a change, not hot, not cold, Perfect.....but I'm afraid it's going from Perfect to extremely HOT.....a skipping Spring kinda year.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Is the weather improving in your part of the world, Rich?
A little bit. It was like 29 this morning, then made it all the way up to 52 (for 30 seconds before it dropped back to mid 40s) and is, right now, 31. The forecast for tomorrow says more snow in the morning, but by the end of the week, they are saying we'll hit the mid 60s. We shall see...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A little bit. It was like 29 this morning, then made it all the way up to 52 (for 30 seconds before it dropped back to mid 40s) and is, right now, 31. The forecast for tomorrow says more snow in the morning, but by the end of the week, they are saying we'll hit the mid 60s. We shall see...
wow....just WOW.

Seems like you have your very own (special) weather......possibly from a different planet.....:eek:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry your plans are not going...uh, according to plan. o_O

Got to put my tired old ass to bed now. Lannie is on the couch because one of the dogs is having a bout of diarrhea and she'll be waking up about every hour to take her outside. Not fun. I cannot assume that duty because I am not able to even hear the bitch whining to be let out, so there would be shit all over the house. There really are times I wish the weather was warm and we had an outside kennel.... Oh well.

Nitey nite.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry your plans are not going...uh, according to plan. o_O

Got to put my tired old ass to bed now. Lannie is on the couch because one of the dogs is having a bout of diarrhea and she'll be waking up about every hour to take her outside. Not fun. I cannot assume that duty because I am not able to even hear the bitch whining to be let out, so there would be shit all over the house. There really are times I wish the weather was warm and we had an outside kennel.... Oh well.

Nitey nite.
Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
APRIL 1, 2019
Yup, though it be April Fool's Day, the following is NOT a joke.​

Sunrise: 28 ºF and snowing like a sumbits. All those bare spots are now white again (the whole world is white as far as I can see) and best guess is that, at the moment, we have about 1.5" of new shit. The snow plow has NOT come down the highway yet, so I hope the mail lady bothers to deliver today. It is still snowing, but the temperature is moving up above freezing, so hopefully this crap will all melt off before the day is over. :cuss2:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
APRIL 1, 2019
Yup, though it be April Fool's Day, the following is NOT a joke.​

Sunrise: 28 ºF and snowing like a sumbits. All those bare spots are now white again (the whole world is white as far as I can see) and best guess is that, at the moment, we have about 1.5" of new shit. The snow plow has NOT come down the highway yet, so I hope the mail lady bothers to deliver today. It is still snowing, but the temperature is moving up above freezing, so hopefully this crap will all melt off before the day is over. :cuss2:
Incredible. I'd be in the barn tying knots in a short rope, or popping tranquilizers like Pez candy (possibly both options)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, the snow stopped just after 1 PM and about 4 PM we actually saw some sunshine. The high for the day was 42 ºF (well, for a few minutes anyway) and about 95% of this morning's snow melted (thank dawg). It is currently 31 ºF, but the weather guessers promise a warmer day tomorrow.

Are you sure you haven't ever seen that horrible Broadway play, which became a movie, Annie? That's where that stupid ass song came from, sung by the child star: THE SUN WILL COME OUT TOMORROW...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, the snow stopped just after 1 PM and about 4 PM we actually saw some sunshine. The high for the day was 42 ºF (well, for a few minutes anyway) and about 95% of this morning's snow melted (thank dawg). It is currently 31 ºF, but the weather guessers promise a warmer day tomorrow.

Are you sure you haven't ever seen that horrible Broadway play, which became a movie, Annie? That's where that stupid ass song came from, sung by the child star: THE SUN WILL COME OUT TOMORROW...
Don't think I seen the movie Annie.....although my memory isn't what it used to be.

I do know I haven't watched any movies whatsoever in the last 15-20 years.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Regarding the chocolate I told you about weeks ago.....talked to Eli this evening, she said the package she sent is LOST as far as the USPS can determine....they said to file a claim and they will pay $100 bucks, which is about $50 bucks less than what the contents and shipping cost....unfuckingbelievable

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One other tidbit of info regarding the USPS....I sent two credit cards to EC January 10th....that package never made it to EC...another unfuckingbelieavable....:cuss2:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Don't think I seen the movie Annie.....although my memory isn't what it used to be.

I do know I haven't watched any movies whatsoever in the last 15-20 years.
Annie was turned into a movie from the Broadway play back in 1982 and was remade in 2014. I never bothered to watch the remake because I considered the original to be crappy, but then I am not really into musical comedies.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Regarding the chocolate I told you about weeks ago.....talked to Eli this evening, she said the package she sent is LOST as far as the USPS can determine....they said to file a claim and they will pay $100 bucks, which is about $50 bucks less than what the contents and shipping cost....unfuckingbelievable
I am surprised USPS is giving you that much unless you paid for insurance. Last I heard, uninsured packages are assumed to be worth no more than $50.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am surprised USPS is giving you that much unless you paid for insurance. Last I heard, uninsured packages are assumed to be worth no more than $50.
Eli told me the USPS said the package was worth $100 bucks, I'm just going by what she said.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Eli told me the USPS said the package was worth $100 bucks, I'm just going by what she said.
I'm happy to hear they gave her that price. They once told me that even if I sent a million dollar diamond, if I did not buy insurance for that package, it was worth only $50.

I gotta go crawl in bed now. I spent most of last night getting out of bed to walk off a cramp or two every 45-60 minutes, so I didn't get much sleep. Lannie's night was worse, taking that dog out so often all night long. Both of us were pretty much wasted all day today. Hopefully tonight will be better...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm happy to hear they gave her that price. They once told me that even if I sent a million dollar diamond, if I did not buy insurance for that package, it was worth only $50.

I gotta go crawl in bed now. I spent most of last night getting out of bed to walk off a cramp or two every 45-60 minutes, so I didn't get much sleep. Lannie's night was worse, taking that dog out so often all night long. Both of us were pretty much wasted all day today. Hopefully tonight will be better...
Hope so too, have a good one.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On the bright side, I bottled 4-gallons of kombucha when I returned from a job this afternoon. Juiced some mangos apples plums lemons ginger for various flavored second ferments. Just the straight kombucha tastes incredible tho...now I can begin selling scoby's, I have a pile of them sitting in the frig floating in a kombucha bowl. Will make another 4-6-gallons tomorrow afternoon. Everytime you make a batch, another scoby grows. It's certainly an interesting fermented (healthy) drink I sure enjoy.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Apparently the Weather Gawds have decided Winter is finally over (it will still freeze in April and even have a snow flurry or twelve). I am not so concerned with the high's predicted for next week (though 67 will help melt this white shit) but that tonight is the last freezing temp for the coming week. That will cut my electric bill significantly.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Apparently the Weather Gawds have decided Winter is finally over (it will still freeze in April and even have a snow flurry or twelve). I am not so concerned with the high's predicted for next week (though 67 will help melt this white shit) but that tonight is the last freezing temp for the coming week. That will cut my electric bill significantly.
Can only hope their close with the guessing....!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I put holds on the cards.... when they would supposedly arrive, I would take the hold off, I've since canceled both about two weeks ago....lost cause.
Eli texted me this morning saying the package arrived today....I couldn't believe my eyes, I read the text twice to make sure I wasn't dreaming, then I called her to make sure she wasn't dreaming.

Then I called the CC companies, asking if there is anyway they can activate the cards without sending me new ones, the lady said NO.

I asked to speak with her superior because I don't want to go through this nonsense again. After being on HOLD for 15 minutes while I'm supposed to be working, I hung up.....but will call again tomorrow asking to speak with someone who can make decisions. Anyway.....I have some poor luck too, Rich.....don't feel alone in that boat.....:)

Now I have some self-sympathy the chocolate may arrive in the next 30 days too...... :devil:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I seriously doubt they will reactivate those cards once you have told them to delete the accounts. Too much chance of introducing potential fraud through such practice and you are nothing more than an unidentifiable voice on a telephone. If there was a physical facility you could go into and sign papers....

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I seriously doubt they will reactivate those cards once you have told them to delete the accounts. Too much chance of introducing potential fraud through such practice and you are nothing more than an unidentifiable voice on a telephone. If there was a physical facility you could go into and sign papers....
Yes, Wells Fargo.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Didn't have time today, worked past banking hours, and will be tomorrow as well.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good luck with that. I stopped doing any business with them many years ago because they are very NON-responsive (at least to MY requests).
I've never had any problems with um in the past, have four different company accounts, hopefully they can pull it off.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Both inside dogs were having problems. I cannot say either is "fixed," but they both appear to be in recovery. Lannie is in the bed tonight.
Well that's certainly better than going outside at all hours of the night. Hopefully Lannie helped them out.

VU Sponsors