Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I took a bunch of pictures of the defects, and he'll have to have a state inspector from the Registrar of Contractors look at it, if the guy doesn't make it right he'll lose his license and bond money.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The crazy thing is he could of built a nice new home for 500K....altho the house probably cost him 1.5M, but it sure wasn't worth stuffing another 500 into it, he'll never get it back if he sells it.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
With everything that needs done around here, and me being unable to do it myself, I have no choice but to use contractors, and I already know that when 'we sell it (some unknown future date), we won;t get back anything near what we put into it.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Still mostly clear tonight, but the world clouds over tomorrow with numerous massive thunderstorms and more rain than I wanna see. Got some chores I really need to get done tomorrow before this rain starts because it might not quit until Sunday.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What did you have planned for tomorrow?

I'm still working on the old mans construction defects, he sent me 35 new items this morning to add to the list....:teehee::teehee:

Glad he has money, I enjoy sitting in the cool office making the same as out in the field....:cheers:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What did you have planned for tomorrow?
Slight modification to the pole saw, so instead of cutting limbs, I will attempt to take down all those 6-8 foot tall weeds (thick stems). I can't use any other cutting tool I own because of my inability to crawl around on my hands and knees or bend-stand-bend-stand. This way (if it works), I can just casually walk around cutting these things down, then pick them up later and haul to the burn pile.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Slight modification to the pole saw, so instead of cutting limbs, I will attempt to take down all those 6-8 foot tall weeds (thick stems). I can't use any other cutting tool I own because of my inability to crawl around on my hands and knees or bend-stand-bend-stand. This way (if it works), I can just casually walk around cutting these things down, then pick them up later and haul to the burn pile.
That's a good idea. From what you explained about some of those weeds you could use a brush hog

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd love to have a brush hog. There's a zillion things it could do here. Just don't happen to have the many hundreds of bucks they cost.
You have a PTO on a tractor? ...I've always wanted one but never bought.

The Cadet is doing fine on the small farm. There isn't much weeds tho, just grass with a couple scranny weeds

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nothing here has a PTO, so it would have to be self-contained, like a DR. The Cadet can mow a lot of things, but not woody or really thick-stemmed weeds like a brush hog.
Hear that, Eli sheared a blade drive cutting grass or a stump, she had no idea, just guessing it was a stump.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The rain started much earlier than expected, so I did not get to try my weed whacking experiment, but the rain was not as heavy as forecast, so it just kinda pitter-pattered all day.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Went out to water my melons tonight and noticed something ate the skin on them last night, just enough off each melon to ruin them....I could see rabbit shit in the garden, so I assume the rabbits are the culprits this time rather than quail. It looks like I have about half a dozen honeydews that were not ruined, I picked all but two I could get at due to water flooding the raised bed.

VU Sponsors