Become a Patron!

PIF BOX #6 -- Active -- List Full

bkind

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape mail! Smokeless owl RDA and terminator squonk box! I've only had it about an hour but I really dig squonking!

2b7b384564f1591176274599f854dbcd.jpg

VapeLikeALady

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Faust hope you like that TNT ice!! It was too much menthol for me. :( but I dig the flavor- it's a full bottle with just a tiny taste!

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't know if your temp device does what the ipv3 li does but I can hit the power +&- together to lock the resistance when I went into a shop we put that "1.8" nickel head in and checked resistance and it read 0.054 ... Now I've played around with temp control enough to know 0.054-1.8 is impossible even to go to .18 is asking a bit much so no clue why they call it a 1.8 and why the airflow holes are so small ... I'd really like someone to explain that to me

Sent from my LabRatory
I saw the ipv4 got a bump to 100J for Titanium. I wonder if the 3Li will get it as well?

The Snowolf goes up to 70 watts in tc and it auto detects what the wire is.

The Vapor Shark does 40 watts and you turn the tc on or off by changing the temp. At the top and bottom of the temperature there is off.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I saw the ipv4 got a bump to 100J for Titanium. I wonder if the 3Li will get it as well?

The Snowolf goes up to 70 watts in tc and it auto detects what the wire is.

The Vapor Shark does 40 watts and you turn the tc on or off by changing the temp. At the top and bottom of the temperature there is off.

Yeah but autosenseing wire and locking are two different things I mean basically every box auto senses the wire

What I'm talking about is you can lock the resistance of the wire at .15 so it doesn't change how it vapes kinda like when you had a .3 ohm coil well lets say your screw came loose over time well one day you .3 60w 3.9v becomes a .6 60w 5.4v and scorches the fuck out of your throat cause its so hot from jumping up resistance .... Well the ipv allows you to lock it in at .3 so even if you take a coil away the chip will memic it being a .3 so it doesn't shoot up in heat real fast

I dunno maybe I have a fucked up way of explaining it but regardless ... About the 100j I wish they would cause I feel like 50 is so limited I try other mods capable of 70j+ and 430°@50j sucks but @ 65j its awesome I just feel like I'm running a 60w coil at 50w limitation EYE NEED MOAR POWA CAPTAN!!!!!!

Sent from my LabRatory

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah but autosenseing wire and locking are two different things I mean basically every box auto senses the wire

What I'm talking about is you can lock the resistance of the wire at .15 so it doesn't change how it vapes kinda like when you had a .3 ohm coil well lets say your screw came loose over time well one day you .3 60w 3.9v becomes a .6 60w 5.4v and scorches the fuck out of your throat cause its so hot from jumping up resistance .... Well the ipv allows you to lock it in at .3 so even if you take a coil away the chip will memic it being a .3 so it doesn't shoot up in heat real fast

I dunno maybe I have a fucked up way of explaining it but regardless ... About the 100j I wish they would cause I feel like 50 is so limited I try other mods capable of 70j+ and 430°@50j sucks but @ 65j its awesome I just feel like I'm running a 60w coil at 50w limitation EYE NEED MOAR POWA CAPTAN!!!!!!

Sent from my LabRatory
Hahahha yeah I feel you on that one. I have had my 40W Vaporshark for 4 months and realized right away that it was limited to a single coil build.

That is cool that the IPV let's you lock it in. Surprised it doesn't do it when you put a new atty on. When it senses a new coil it asks you if it is new and if you say yes then it sets that in as your resistance... Locking it in

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That is cool that the IPV let's you lock it in. Surprised it doesn't do it when you put a new atty on. When it senses a new coil it asks you if it is new and if you say yes then it sets that in as your resistance... Locking it in

Well then it would be a DNA 200

Sent from my LabRatory

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
just want to let everyone know i got the box just now ,i wont be able to open it till possibly sunday night or monday afternoon i have prior engagements
Not a problem man ty for the heads up on the situation

Sent from my LabRatory

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Guys we are giving away a Snow Wolf... Get your names in on fb asap. Drawing is tomorrow

uploadfromtaptalk1438479889835.png

djmunster

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ok guys i took the vulcan rda and some kayfun parts,,i put 9 bottles of juice in
please send me the address of next person,will ship tuesday

VapeLikeALady

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Y'all: please pray for me if you pray! Or send some good juju my way if not!

I was "laid off" about a week and a half ago. I was a sales/advertising consultant and really loved my job. So I've been on the hunt for a new career and ran across something that sounds like my dream job! It's doing the same thing I was doing, but working from home and for a VAPE ADVERTISING company. I am so excited for this opportunity-and I can't even imagine anything close to this perfect.

VapeLikeALady

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone have the mutation mini? I'm thinking of getting it. Bought the twisted messes RDA and I LOVE it. A guy at my vape store was selling it for $10.

dodyhearts

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just ordered both lol

Roses are red, Violets are blue,
Rhyming is hard, I'm Batman

Sent from the Batcave

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Anyone have the mutation mini? I'm thinking of getting it. Bought the twisted messes RDA and I LOVE it. A guy at my vape store was selling it for $10.

I have the twisted mess as well, and it's awesome. Nice steal for 10 bucks!

djmunster

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i nevered used a rda always tanks,i took the vulcan rda from the pif box over the weekend and was happy,,,i went and bought a velocity rda ( liked the idea of how the post are and the afc)and now im super happy
twisted 26g 6 wraps .1ohm on a segeli150 at 60 watts
wow

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i nevered used a rda always tanks,i took the vulcan rda from the pif box over the weekend and was happy,,,i went and bought a velocity rda ( liked the idea of how the post are and the afc)and now im super happy
twisted 26g 6 wraps .1ohm on a segeli150 at 60 watts
wow
Dude you just went from a "mehhh its OK" rda to a "OMFG SICK ASS TITS!!!!" BADASS MOFO RDA.... Its a world of difference the only down side to the Velocity when used properly is it will ruin every other rda you own lol ... I try and use my old rdas and some new ones but I always go back to the Velocity in the end

Sent from my LabRatory

dodyhearts

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude you just went from a "mehhh its OK" rda to a "OMFG SICK ASS TITS!!!!" BADASS MOFO RDA.... Its a world of difference the only down side to the Velocity when used properly is it will ruin every other rda you own lol ... I try and use my old rdas and some new ones but I always go back to the Velocity in the end

Sent from my LabRatory
I say the same thing

Sent from the Batcave

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
e9fa0086b9564e5812c6e6df2b288876.jpg
I have one running temp control build

4a8446e71d7946c91f6801704c28dccf.jpg
and one running a twisted kanthal dual build

Love them both

Sent from my LabRatory

djmunster

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hate dripping , it like ok lets add more, oh wait lets add more , wait again lets add more
With a tank its always there

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I hate dripping , it like ok lets add more, oh wait lets add more , wait again lets add more
With a tank its always there

Each has its drawbacks like takes don't produce like a well built rda specially the Velocity
And swapping flavors is a pain in a tank and can get expensive quick with rda just pull the wick

And tanks are more expensive to run then rdas a coil head runs 5.99 from any store on average I go through coils once a week that's 25$ a month for me even if I burn through a wick in a RDA in a week which I don't they tend to last longer but regardless all I have to do is rewick the coil normally last me 4 re wicks be fore it dies... Then there's the cost 100ft of wire runs 5$ and 500ft of wick is 11$ I use 6" per coil and 2" of wick that's 200 coils for 16$ so coil to coil that would be 4yrs of coils if you were consistent with your builds but realistically it last me 7 months before I bought more wire ... There's just no price comparison between the two but I like them both they have their uses

Sent from my LabRatory

djmunster

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice breakdown, I just recoil and rewick my tank heads on my arctic and my subtank, I also have the rda for my subtank drilled out so it works well
And I still love my drilled out kayfun
Im enjoying the velocity at home but dripping is no good for work,

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nice breakdown, I just recoil and rewick my tank heads on my arctic and my subtank, I also have the rda for my subtank drilled out so it works well

Well it can be good anywhere with the proper set up like using a pump bottle instead of a drip bottle and using a drip tip cover... Trust me there's ways as for rebuilding the heads yeah I did that as well but they it struck me one day... Why am I making myself do extra work rebuilding an rda provides better vape for me and has more room to work with instead of these tiny heads

The only reason I mention it cause do many get scared off from dripping cause its inconvenient but see with me its easy vape...vape..vape oh need juice.... squirt...Vape...Vape...vape I can go all day and don't have to stop to refill my take 3 times a day like I do with rta's

Sent from my LabRatory

djmunster

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I dont think I will get scared off , but I will use tanks at work for now

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I dont think I will get scared off , but I will use tanks at work for now

Well one thing that makes rda usage easier Google airless pump bottle it helps out alot

Sent from my LabRatory

bkind

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

How are you rebuilding your arctic coil heads? I always have trouble with airflow (too tight of a draw) when rebuilding them! Any advice would be helpful.

djmunster

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Im by mo means a expert I just use a little cotton ,make it look almost like a fake Halloween web you buy and put on your bushes just a lil thicker
Oh I use reg organic cotton balls, not that Japanese cotton (I cant stand the Japanese cotton)
I never tasted a benefit from it and seems harder to wick without burning

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Im by mo means a expert I just use a little cotton ,make it look almost like a fake Halloween web you buy and put on your bushes just a lil thicker
Oh I use reg organic cotton balls, not that Japanese cotton (I cant stand the Japanese cotton)
I never tasted a benefit from it and seems harder to wick without burning

Have you ever tried rayon it wicks super fast compared to all others

Sent from my LabRatory

djmunster

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No never tried rayon
Wow , with thoes bottles you just spray the juice instead of dripping hmmm

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No never tried rayon

That is correct sir ... Alottt easier and safer

Sent from my LabRatory

dodyhearts

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No never tried rayon

I started on rayon and then after being spoiled on it I tried a few other cottons it's just not as good as rayon in my opinion

Sent from the Batcave

VapeLikeALady

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm getting this in my drip tip and I qtip it at least 10 times a day!

I just rebuilt my coils 24 kanthal Claptoned with 32 nichrome, 2.5mm diameter and 5 wraps each comes to .2 ohm) I've re wicked...nothing's helping!! It's grossing me out-doesn't matter what juice I use.
048e05c7af18b3fadda149350b49cfb8.jpg
424128567e3daff03b9dff70defc924f.jpg

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm getting this in my drip tip and I qtip it at least 10 times a day!

I just rebuilt my coils 24 kanthal Claptoned with 32 nichrome, 2.5mm diameter and 5 wraps each comes to .2 ohm) I've re wicked...nothing's helping!! It's grossing me out-doesn't matter what juice I use.
048e05c7af18b3fadda149350b49cfb8.jpg
424128567e3daff03b9dff70defc924f.jpg
It's just the condensation from the vapor that remains in your drip tip and RDA after you take your hit... when it settles it makes little droplets of juice just like on a glass of water with ice in it... Nothing you can do really other than use a drip tip that has a straight through airflow, Like in yours I see it gets wider at the top, leaving a shelf for the condensation to rest on. Hope this explains and helps :D

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's just the condensation from the vapor that remains in your drip tip and RDA after you take your hit... when it settles it makes little droplets of juice just like on a glass of water with ice in it... Nothing you can do really other than use a drip tip that has a straight through airflow, Like in yours I see it gets wider at the top, leaving a shelf for the condensation to rest on. Hope this explains and helps :D
I agree I just look at it as part of mod maintenance if it truely bothers you to see it go with a black delrin drip tip won't be as noticeable or like Ben says a straight one that doesn't hold it as bad

Sent from my LabRatory

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Tanks are always going to be easier but the upsides of dripping is huge. Geauxst broke it down quite well but the main upside is flavor and being able to control the builds you use with different flavors.

By that I mean you can make a hot, low ohm build for savory/desert flavors or a cooler higher ohm build for fruit/juice types of juice. (along with everything in between)

I personally won't vape peanut butter, chocolate, coffee, cake etc flavors in any of my tanks. Unfortunately they can never produce the warm, dense cloud that make those flavors come alive. You also lose a lot of the back notes and other subtle flavors in a tank. Tanks have come a VERY long way, I do use around 4 different ones all the time, (I only use tanks you can get Nickel coils for) but they will never give you the control and flavor that rda's provide.

Oh and did you see the new build base of the new subtank? It's way better than the original

... Why am I making myself do extra work rebuilding an rda provides better vape for me and has more room to work with instead of these tiny heads

The only reason I mention it cause do many get scared off from dripping cause its inconvenient but see with me its easy vape...vape..vape oh need juice.... squirt...Vape...Vape...vape I can go all day and don't have to stop to refill my take 3 times a day like I do with rta's

Sent from my LabRatory

I totally agree. I buy tanks because of the convenience of the replaceable attys.
I started on rayon and then after being spoiled on it I tried a few other cottons it's just not as good as rayon in my opinion

Sent from the Batcave
Rayon does wick really well and I used it for a while but I have completely switched over to Cotton Bacon once V2 came out. I hated the break in period of V1 and one they fixed that I found it to be the best. I have another brand I use called Native Wicks when I'm using a juice that doesn't cause build up on the coils quickly. It's more expensive but it lasts a long time and wicks great.

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I've been using a IPV 3Li for a few days now and it's a great device.

The update to 200 Watts was pointless imho considering they haven't made batteries that can handle that amount of power continuously. You will get around 5/6 good pulls on a pair of fresh batteries (Sony's, Samsungs, LGs etc). Hopefully they will figure out a firmware update that will take allow it to fire down to the .07 resistance area. The only reason to have 200 watts is for a build that comes out around that area. To get 18 awg Anarchist to fire dual coils it needs 10 wraps around a 3.5 mm post per side. Which is simply too much. 9 wraps brings it down to .09 which would work but if it was 8 wraps it would be nice and snappy.

The temp control seems to work well with the resistance lock though.

I'm going to use the new Sigelei 150tc today and see how it is. I'll let you guys know.

Also got the IPV 4S in and it seems like they fixed the issue the 4 has. So that's a good thing.

I'm just waiting for the dna200 to see if the masters of TC figured out the high wattage of tc.

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Tanks are always going to be easier but the upsides of dripping is huge. Geauxst broke it down quite well but the main upside is flavor and being able to control the builds you use with different flavors.

By that I mean you can make a hot, low ohm build for savory/desert flavors or a cooler higher ohm build for fruit/juice types of juice. (along with everything in between)

I personally won't vape peanut butter, chocolate, coffee, cake etc flavors in any of my tanks. Unfortunately they can never produce the warm, dense cloud that make those flavors come alive. You also lose a lot of the back notes and other subtle flavors in a tank. Tanks have come a VERY long way, I do use around 4 different ones all the time, (I only use tanks you can get Nickel coils for) but they will never give you the control and flavor that rda's provide.

Oh and did you see the new build base of the new subtank? It's way better than the original

I totally agree. I buy tanks because of the convenience of the replaceable attys.

Rayon does wick really well and I used it for a while but I have completely switched over to Cotton Bacon once V2 came out. I hated the break in period of V1 and one they fixed that I found it to be the best. I have another brand I use called Native Wicks when I'm using a juice that doesn't cause build up on the coils quickly. It's more expensive but it lasts a long time and wicks great.

I have Video of native wicks catching on fire after 3 hits after juicing I find it doesn't wick fast enough for fast ramping builds

Sent from my LabRatory

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I've been using a IPV 3Li for a few days now and it's a great device.

The update to 200 Watts was pointless imho considering they haven't made batteries that can handle that amount of power continuously. You will get around 5/6 good pulls on a pair of fresh batteries (Sony's, Samsungs, LGs etc). Hopefully they will figure out a firmware update that will take allow it to fire down to the .07 resistance area. The only reason to have 200 watts is for a build that comes out around that area. To get 18 awg Anarchist to fire dual coils it needs 10 wraps around a 3.5 mm post per side. Which is simply too much. 9 wraps brings it down to .09 which would work but if it was 8 wraps it would be nice and snappy.

The temp control seems to work well with the resistance lock though.

I'm going to use the new Sigelei 150tc today and see how it is. I'll let you guys know.

Also got the IPV 4S in and it seems like they fixed the issue the 4 has. So that's a good thing.

I'm just waiting for the dna200 to see if the masters of TC figured out the high wattage of tc.

Yeah DNA 200 I want that modular one called the whiteout that thing is so cool

Sent from my LabRatory

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have Video of native wicks catching on fire after 3 hits after juicing I find it doesn't wick fast enough for fast ramping builds

Sent from my LabRatory
Yeah there is no doubt about that. I don't use it with high temp builds. Wicking properly with it is a pita as well since it doesn't condense at all. But for rtas and lower builds it works great because of it's longevity. Tbh most people don't have the patience to wick their builds correctly with it anyway, adding or removing a single strand at a time.

That's why Cotton Bacon V2 is great for everyday builds.

3e986687ef7e413b7c257c59e999a3cc.jpg

I'll toss some Rayon in a build again to give it another go

VU Sponsors