Become a Patron!

PLEASE POST BUGS AND RELATED ISSUES HERE. MODS AND ADMIN CAN ANSWER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
All the threads I'm alerted to take me to the last read post. I'm sometimes not getting alerts to things I just read, but I see them in new posts, at least, so I click.

There is an area for Push and email in your settings how you want to be alerted.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I miss seeing the page numbers on top of threads. Truthfully, I thought the old layout was fine. I'm not digging the new forum look much. I'll still hang out and post here but I'm not really used to this whole new lay out. It's only been a short time and I might just need to adjust and learn the new features and all that. I'm not trying to be Debbie downer so please to take this post the wrong way. I really do appreciate all the work you guys put into making this the best vaping forum out there.

Also, the pinned threads used to have a different look than all the rest below. That was better too. I was just in the DIY section and all the pinned threads have a little tack symbol but look like all the rest.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
1. Posts in "Mechanical pics!" and "The Official [HASH=207]#HandCheck[/HASH] Thread" don't appear in "New posts".
2. The "Attach files" button in the bottom left corner of the reply box is missing, here in this thread and some other threads like, e.g., "New Dark Mode for VU", and also all the buttons except "Toggle BB code" at the top are disabled.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OK... I just figured out that there's a filter in "New posts" that shows only unread posts by default so scratch that one. But I can't edit my posts here in this thread... there's no edit feature.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I miss seeing the page numbers on top of threads. Truthfully, I thought the old layout was fine. I'm not digging the new forum look much. I'll still hang out and post here but I'm not really used to this whole new lay out. It's only been a short time and I might just need to adjust and learn the new features and all that. I'm not trying to be Debbie downer so please to take this post the wrong way. I really do appreciate all the work you guys put into making this the best vaping forum out there.

Also, the pinned threads used to have a different look than all the rest below. That was better too. I was just in the DIY section and all the pinned threads have a little tack symbol but look like all the rest.

Anytime there's a change like this, it's difficult at first. We use tools like this forum so much, for so long, that it becomes second nature. It's like driving - you just do what needs to be done, and you don't have to think about it much.

Even in just these few days I am already finding the new layout more comfortable to navigate than it was at first. Comfort level increases with time and use, the adjustment to the new gets made slowly.

I agree with you about the stickied threads. It would be good if it was more obvious where the non-stickied threads begin. Maybe they'll be able to get to that soon, after some of the more critical issues are addressed.

Everyone, please just be patient with yourselves. Navigation will get easier with a little time. Truly it will.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I had an opportunity to start adjusting to the layout at DWF, but even here, it took a bit of adjusting. As I sit here now, I'm really loving it. I've had to search for a few things, but once I found those and figured them out, I'm really loving it.

Things are still being tweaked, behind the scenes they're working like mad, believe me. Many of the little things that feel like big things are also being addressed and looked into. I agree with @nadalama, patience will pay off.

It's like moving into a new house and figuring out which cabinet to put the coffee cups and drawer for the silverware.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OK... I just figured out that there's a filter in "New posts" that shows only unread posts by default so scratch that one. But I can't edit my posts here in this thread... there's no edit feature.

That's always been the case with "admin" type threads.

Andria

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As it turns out the buttons being disabled at the top of the reply box was because I had turned on BB code, not realizing it stays on even after posting or going to a different thread.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some gifs won't post, I can't figure out why.

For instance, this one does...

giphy.gif

but this one doesn't.
I can see this gif fine before posting but it just turns into an error icon after I post it.

oCIJRv.gif

And wot happened to cut & paste?
Why do you hate me Joe? WHYYY??? :cry:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

In the post linked above, I posted a link to another post to show Mr. Meowgi a picture that was part of a mix mini-challenge in the Daily Mixing Thread. The link goes to the right post, but the text in the box that is shown on the screen is from a completely different post. Weird.

And now you can see that it's happened again in THIS post. Inside the box above it quotes a post by Rob B. talking about Rhianne's post count. But if you click on that box to go to the post I quoted, it's a post by me responding to Mr. Meowgi's question about my mix, Pebblesicle.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
First of all I want to say thanks for all of your hard work on the forum lately.
Having feedback returned is awesome!

This may be a one time deal but I just received a feedback notice and where it says, "Click the link below to view it:" there is no link to click on.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
First of all I want to say thanks for all of your hard work on the forum lately.
Having feedback returned is awesome!

This may be a one time deal but I just received a feedback notice and where it says, "Click the link below to view it:" there is no link to click on.
I noticed it too. Instead of a link in the post itself, I had to figure out the only way to do it was to look to the left and use the "Add Feedback" under the user's stats.

BTW Joe, @Huckleberried gave me an idea from the vape mail thread. Got any VU vape bands and bumper stickers left? Perhaps offer them to the Patreon donators?

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
When I check alerts no links appear. I have to navigate to the post. I also don't get most of my alerts. I checked preferences and all are checked.

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Am I missing something? I wanted to edit my post and can't figure out what to click to edit.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
When I check alerts no links appear. I have to navigate to the post. I also don't get most of my alerts. I checked preferences and all are checked.
On the new alerts you need to hover over where it says "your post" or the thread title.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yes you did. You told inganeer that his new Dead Rabbit SE needed a VU vape band. ?

Am I missing something? I wanted to edit my post and can't figure out what to click to edit.
I'm not getting many of my watched threads either. Particularly the vape mail thread. Yesterday it said 'watch' and there was no way to uncheck it. When I hover over the check mark, at the top of the thread it asks me how many items to choose for moderation. If I uncheck it I get a pop-up screen at the bottom. I have no option to check/uncheck it. Pics below.

NYIcC1S.jpg

ZgYSest.jpg

Yay! There is now a 'Edit" link at the bottom. ? Before it said 'moderate' I think.

Now I can't find the 'upload image' button. I had to host these photos and use the image link above.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Email Notifications not working again.

You may need to click this persistent alerts enabled button.
If you watch a thread sometimes it won't alert you if you haven't been in that thread for a while.

1595203240143.png

We can't catch everything, and certain things will only work when we actually turn on the server for everyone to use. We are bound to have issues and bugs. This may take a week to get all the kinks worked out. Work with us and let us know what you find. Screenshots help :)

..... and begin!
Login / registration with Facebook, Twitter and Google doesn't work

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
I don't have access to any emotis. Its blacked out on my screen and nothing I do gives me access to them.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Post Alerts are all over the place.

I'll get a post alert of a new post in threads I'm watching. When I click on the link it lands me to the actual post, but immediately bounces me around 3 times and lands me at a post I've already seen. Like one from Sunday.

Also, this morning it kept landing me at the same post after bouncing over and over again. I hope that makes sense. It isn't sub-forum specific.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Just to let you know, it's been happening only in the last 3-4 days. Hope that gives you a timeline.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
There is an issue with banner overlay on the main screen. I get it when I refresh or duplicate a tab/window in VU. Occasionally. My system and gpu are up to day and cache cleaned often.

bBHSRDK.jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You may need to click this persistent alerts enabled button.
If you watch a thread sometimes it won't alert you if you haven't been in that thread for a while.

View attachment 165152

That I know but a thread I posted in recently I won't get an email for. Sometimes the Bell at the top right will be Red with a number and other times not.

One other thing is when you paste a GIF that is animated it doesn't animate like it used to by just cut and pasting.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Notifications that is. Had to post again because there is no edit available in this thread.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
That I know but a thread I posted in recently I won't get an email for. Sometimes the Bell at the top right will be Red with a number and other times not.

One other thing is when you paste a GIF that is animated it doesn't animate like it used to by just cut and pasting.

no gifs?

my monkey won't dance then.:(
I'm going to try both ways.
copy/paste and download and attach file.

1595891322795.png

Attachments

• monkey.gif
    monkey.gif
    296.8 KB · Views: 2

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
monkey.gif

Edit:
I used the insert image tab and it worked.
1596038958500.png

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Trying to view attachment in my post reply shows this.

Oops! We ran into some problems.

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

And can't post a screen shot.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I take the screenshot and upload it to imgbb, then copy the BBCode Full Linked and paste it here. I do that with most of my images and gifs. It's free.

Just taking a Screen Shot and Pasting it is all I need to do on the rest of the forum. In Joe's threads they have never worked.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Right Clicking and View Image works but clicking on an Image give that Oops Error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors