Become a Patron!

PLEASE POST BUGS AND RELATED ISSUES HERE. MODS AND ADMIN CAN ANSWER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I am getting email notifications but there is no content in the message
8c7fcf566cc3f49d49bd9e9207f3bb22.jpg

6de82f308126366d93c74055de393296.jpg

Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Not sure if this is a big with Firefox on Android or what, but I'm not able to log in.
I get a message about enabling cookies.
I do have cookies enabled.
It has been working fine.
b6611b7087e33e47d5231cbbc716b8f4.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Emails for new posts still lack the content. Can't post screen shots in this thread.

gadget! replied to a thread you are watching at Vaping Underground Forums - An Ecig and Vaping Forum.

Please do not reply to this message. You must visit the forum to reply.

This message was sent to you because you opted to watch the thread PLEASE POST BUGS AND RELATED ISSUES HERE. MODS AND ADMIN CAN ANSWER. at Vaping Underground Forums - An Ecig and Vaping Forum with email notification of new replies. You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may disable emails from this thread or disable all emails.

Rob B.

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Emails for new posts still lack the content. Can't post screen shots in this thread.

gadget! replied to a thread you are watching at Vaping Underground Forums - An Ecig and Vaping Forum.

Please do not reply to this message. You must visit the forum to reply.

This message was sent to you because you opted to watch the thread PLEASE POST BUGS AND RELATED ISSUES HERE. MODS AND ADMIN CAN ANSWER. at Vaping Underground Forums - An Ecig and Vaping Forum with email notification of new replies. You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may disable emails from this thread or disable all emails.

Here you go Steve....

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
The links in our emails force us to go that route to view forum updates. I find the emails have content. They track us. Just as there are trackers in VU.
Firefox is blocking 2 of them now. 1 for skimresources and the 1 is advertising.

Although this is to be expected online, I've not used my phone to follow a forum update via email.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only have an issue with the handcheck thread. Everytime I open it, it starts at page one. Have to scroll to the bottom then click to goto last page. There isn't a jump to new at the top of that thread.

Have to go this route since the server swap as Tapatalk doesn't show pics anymore except ones uploaded from Tapatalk like when Gadget or ~Don~ post. I can see their pics on Tapatalk but none loaded from the forum itself.
No problem using the web version but then I have to do the extra clicking to see the current hand checks. First world problems. But maybe not

Rob B.

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I also have an issue with The Official Handcheck Thread. It's the only one here that doesn't send me email notifications. The Please Post Bugs thread does, and Your Vape Today does, and Daily Check-in Thread does, but The Official Handcheck thread hates me and ignores me...:cry::(:gaah:

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I only have an issue with the handcheck thread. Everytime I open it, it starts at page one. Have to scroll to the bottom then click to goto last page. There isn't a jump to new at the top of that thread.

Have to go this route since the server swap as Tapatalk doesn't show pics anymore except ones uploaded from Tapatalk like when Gadget or ~Don~ post. I can see their pics on Tapatalk but none loaded from the forum itself.
No problem using the web version but then I have to do the extra clicking to see the current hand checks. First world problems. But maybe not
That's really strange, I use Tapatalk almost exclusively (Tapatalk Pro) and I always go strait to the first unread post.
As far as the images, every now and then I have the issue where pictures don't show. When that happens I go to Phone Settings - Apps - Tapatalk and clear cache. That fixes the image issues every time for me.
Try it, it may fix your other issue too.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Im looking into the email messages. The system is sending them all day long so I cant see why thats effected, but I will look at it.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's really strange, I use Tapatalk almost exclusively (Tapatalk Pro) and I always go strait to the first unread post.
As far as the images, every now and then I have the issue where pictures don't show. When that happens I go to Phone Settings - Apps - Tapatalk and clear cache. That fixes the image issues every time for me.
Try it, it may fix your other issue too.

Yep. Clearing the cache worked. Not sure why I never thought of that. Thanks

Sent from a pile of wood chips

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
when in doubt reload the page hitting CTRL+F5 that should clear your cache and reload that particular page.

Some users may still have VU 1.0 cache still floating around that needs to cleared.

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
My feedback score seems like it should be higher than 8. Is there any way to double check this and correct if necessary? It's currently showing an 8, but could swear that there has been feedback left than that.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Im looking into the email messages. The system is sending them all day long so I cant see why thats effected, but I will look at it.

Email notifications are sproradic. Sometimes they work and others times they do not. If you do not refresh the page the counter at the top does not show new notifications. If you need more info or need me to test something @VaporJoe feel free to ask. Cache is cleared every couple of days as a rule here.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
My feedback score seems like it should be higher than 8. Is there any way to double check this and correct if necessary? It's currently showing an 8, but could swear that there has been feedback left than that.
I'm off by 20 or so I think. Very strange your feedback is only 8. I know you're well into the double digits.

Email notifications are sproradic. Sometimes they work and others times they do not. If you do not refresh the page the counter at the top does not show new notifications. If you need more info or need me to test something @VaporJoe feel free to ask. Cache is cleared every couple of days as a rule here.
Yeah, Steve. I only received 2 yesterday and when I do it's sporadic also. When I was in Tappy and logged in here I had a bunch of notifications.

Rob B.

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Same, I guess. I get email notifications for 2 out of the three threads I frequent. I cannot get email notifications for "The Official Handcheck Thread". Harumph....:gaah:
forehead-palm.jpg
Bang.jpg

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Are you allowing the forum to send you notifications? If not, thats why its off and on. Active notifications are something you had to allow when you came to the site, if you said no.. you have to find it within your browser and allow it.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Also ad blockers can mess up your notifications too because of the linking system I use. My links have been put in ad blocker long ago, so if you enable them here - it may break things. Its not just white listing Vaping Underground. Its all the links inbetween too. Thats why I hate ad blockers, they break so many links for people.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Quit counter in my sig is still not updating unless I go to the counter site and create a new one and put it in my signature. Currently I'm using the same one @lordmage uses (sincemylastcig). It hasn't updated since I last changed it about two weeks ago. It was the same when I was using the counter @AndriaD uses (puffin e-liquid). I've cleared my cache etc. Adblock is off as well. Either one updated correctly with the old version. I'm using Chrome on Win10 and I've tried with Firefox as well with the same results

Minor annoyance, but it would be nice if it worked... Thanks.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Quit counter in my sig is still not updating unless I go to the counter site and create a new one and put it in my signature. Currently I'm using the same one @lordmage uses (sincemylastcig). It hasn't updated since I last changed it about two weeks ago. It was the same when I was using the counter @AndriaD uses (puffin e-liquid). I've cleared my cache etc. Adblock is off as well. Either one updated correctly with the old version. I'm using Chrome on Win10 and I've tried with Firefox as well with the same results

Minor annoyance, but it would be nice if it worked... Thanks.

Yep, I have to go to puffin eliquids and get new code anytime I want to see updated stats on my banner, otherwise it NEVER changes.

It's a caching problem, the caching is too aggressive. There needs to be an exception for that particular case, to never cache it.

Andria

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Have had posts that I know and saw were posted recently after hitting post. But a day later they are not there. Has been about 4 ish in the past few days.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Have had posts that I know and saw were posted recently after hitting post. But a day later they are not there. Has been about 4 ish in the past few days.
Can you give us more information... what thread were they posted in? ... what was the content?

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Can you give us more information... what thread were they posted in? ... what was the content?
Hi. 2 im not sure where.
But 2 for sure in Keep a Word Drop a Word. Was just benign word play.
One I can remember was an answer to one that contained the word Bad so my reply was simply Breaking Bad.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can't add pics or anything emojis or anything on the web based version. Thought maybe a tick mark checked but it won't let me check anything. Screenshot taken and loaded with Tapatalk because I have no options for anything except typing. Notice all the buttons are marked dark and not click able like emoji and attach photo. Not sure how long this has bee this way as I use Tapatalk most times but for feedback and something I'm using web based version
686a7209b0a72f25ba35b71656df05a3.jpg

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Can't add pics or anything emojis or anything on the web based version. Thought maybe a tick mark checked but it won't let me check anything. Screenshot taken and loaded with Tapatalk because I have no options for anything except typing. Notice all the buttons are marked dark and not click able like emoji and attach photo. Not sure how long this has bee this way as I use Tapatalk most times but for feedback and something I'm using web based version
686a7209b0a72f25ba35b71656df05a3.jpg

Where you using data or wifi when this happened?

I've had this exact thing happen a few times
I'd be typing away then go to hit an emoji and none of the top buttons would work.
Each time the phone was on data and I was out.
I thought my phone was maybe near a dead zone or something because it never happened on wifi.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where you using data or wifi when this happened?

I've had this exact thing happen a few times
I'd be typing away then go to hit an emoji and none of the top buttons would work.
Each time the phone was on data and I was out.
I thought my phone was maybe near a dead zone or something because it never happened on wifi.
Data. I don't use wifi often even though it would save data. Keeps the kids from bitching about me sucking up the wifi. Lol

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Can't edit post...

Hi :wave:
Could you please check a post in a different thread to see if you can edit there?
The permissions in this thread have been giving people issues.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi :wave:
Could you please check a post in different thread to see if you can edit there?
The permissions in this thread have been giving people issues.

Hi, 5150 :wave:
Oh, this is the only thread I'm unable to edit. Thank you for asking !

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep, posted to check and NO Go~! Joe wants to see what you originally posted or another bug that is like a Cockroach because I could never edit one of his threads. Bug me when I make a freaking typo~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here is a Bug that Bugs the Freaking shit out of me~! Fix the freaking NOTIFICATIONS Alert already. It doesn't work~! Even if I close the Browser Tab and Clear the Freaking CACHE. May work sometimes but mostly NOT~!

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not sure if it is only me, or if it has already been mentioned, but VU is painfully slow. Loading takes a very long time and even longer when trying to upload a pic. My internet speed is 6 ping 177mbps down and 10 up, so I don't think it's my internet connection.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not sure if it is only me, or if it has already been mentioned, but VU is painfully slow. Loading takes a very long time and even longer when trying to upload a pic. My internet speed is 6 ping 177mbps down and 10 up, so I don't think it's my internet connection.

Not you in the slightest...

VU2.0 has been painfully slower than VU almost all the time.

On topic...

Any reason why when we quote people their old names show up?

Noticed this a few times.

Example of Debinnv is who I quoted but...

ba767fad3e9b08e836d60845743fc691.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I have Noticed VU is lagging today and I have Gigabit Internet so with 5 tabs open it is the only one dragging like a snail. Such a PITA I hove stopped trying to use it today.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Now getting this after restarting the browser and clearing the cache~!

Too bad I can't post the 504 error screen shot! WTF Already fix your shit.................

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just today, I started getting horrible lag issues between this site and Tapatalk. I have no lag issues with this site by itself. I can receive notifications via Tapatalk, but I have to go to my browser and open Vaping Underground there to read it.

Y'all can check and see if y'all got issues. If not, I'll just hafta ait and how long until Tapatalk comes out with an update to fix it on their end. I just don't know which end is fucked up.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Seems to be a little better this morning but still not actually fast.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Now I try to view Notifications and get ea ecurity Alerts? WTF? Seems Joe is Spending more time on Facebook than he should be addressing issues here. It is now 2 days I had enough and closing he tab with VU. Not a good way to keep the site going. Lots of Political Stuff Posted on FB but that is prohibited here?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Just today, I started getting horrible lag issues between this site and Tapatalk. I have no lag issues with this site by itself. I can receive notifications via Tapatalk, but I have to go to my browser and open Vaping Underground there to read it.

Y'all can check and see if y'all got issues. If not, I'll just hafta ait and how long until Tapatalk comes out with an update to fix it on their end. I just don't know which end is fucked up.

I think the issues were with the server or cloudflare.
everyone was getting error messages or log lag times for a while yesterday

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You get a security error when trying to view notifications?
That's a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors