Become a Patron!

Post a Picture Any Picture (that you took)

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thought I was gonna have to replace the a/c motor blower, but when I got it out this is what I found in the squirrel cage.
b424e6e1f2e3c6fcb78ed4322b7d145c.jpg

How the hell did it get in there :huh: :question:
Good thing it was that instead of the motor, 'cause the auto parts store sold me the wrong part :cuss2: or I was supposed to slice the wires and I'm not an electrician, but I'm sure I would've done alright :)

Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk
What is it?

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Out for a few hours in the bush again with the misses. Beats sitting at home.
Lots of these out now. They catch the morning dew on the ends of what look like venus fly trap hair thingies and get their water that way. I dont know their name but they eventually have small flowers towards their end. Amazing looking little things they are and have always fascinated me.
20200714_151350(1).jpg20200714_151406(1).jpg
Edit.
Just found out they are Sundew Plants and its not water drops but a secretion to catch insects on. So they really are more like Venus Flytraps afterall. I was told that it was water drops years ago and always believed it given we only see them where we are in the cooler frosty morning time of year. Given too the ground even in winter can be dry due its hard impenetrable nature it made sense at the time. Not so I find out.
So there you go, live and learn :giggle:

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
It’s like a teddy bear I think. It has since been destroyed when she realized she had a big bin of toys filled to the brim. She has plenty of toys so a few being destroyed isn’t the end of the world. I will give her a hug for you and here is another pic from today of her doing her trick just for you.lView attachment 164797
Going by your pictures your dog strikes me as very intelligent. :)

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Not sure. I'm thinking, some of it might be insulation and a mouse starting a home :eek:

I'm betting your right, I had an old motorcycle that mice had made a nest in the air filter and that's what it looked like.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm betting your right, I had an old motorcycle that mice had made a nest in the air filter and that's what it looked like.

I'm really hoping it won't happen again, it's a PITA getting that blower motor out :cuss2:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Little disappointed today... we went to La Jolla again... hoping to be able to take some killer shots of the Salk Institute

Wanted to capture some of the photos they show via google...got one before security came around... Institute is shut down

1b32e595cc3c9693758226140dec915f.jpg

There was no one here but us... and security.

Normally it’s open, pandemic times and the institute said get bent public dregs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robfisher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Beuatiful. You are in South Africa if I remember right!?
We have a native flower here that has the same colour and serations on the petal ends.
Should be making a show in our bush in a couple of months. This is one from last year.
Just has less petals than yours.
How bizarre and awesome is that!? :)
View attachment 165171

Oh Wow! And yes I'm in South Africa. The fruit thieves have arrived! They are so very cute!
2764.png

Flosses 1.jpg

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Oh Wow! And yes I'm in South Africa. The fruit thieves have arrived! They are so very cute!
2764.png

View attachment 165175
They do look cute. My misses loves monkeys even though we dont have any here. Thank goodness because if we did id be living in Monkey Land. :giggle:
Beuatiful looking place you live at there though. ?
Been fishing lately? Not a joke by name, but do I recall if right you do fish there?
Our season has shut down, gone quiet at present, very cold, but should fire up in about 2 months time which im really looking forward to. :)

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
All done! Batteries in the boat almost fully charged! Rods and gear all done! Ready to hitch up the boat early tomorrow morning and go hunting the green fish! (Largemouth Bass)
View attachment 165178
Good stuff Rob. Would love to see some pictures of where you go tomorrow, fish or no fish.
Love my fishing. ?
A portion of my man room below :giggle:
20200720_223207(1).jpg

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Last night and last time to let doggies out, this is what was greeting me at the screen door
6e0d27014f6a5d7136c3ee7a89eaf421.jpg

Beautiful Web ! It's normally off to the right side of the screen door. The web stretched enough to let doggies out. I felt bad, so I kept the porch light on hoping he got his meal for the night.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Last night and last time to let doggies out, this is what was greeting me at the screen door
6e0d27014f6a5d7136c3ee7a89eaf421.jpg

Beautiful Web ! It's normally off to the right side of the screen door. The web stretched enough to let doggies out. I felt bad, so I kept the porch light on hoping he got his meal for the night.

Just take it down early morning. She'll have a little rebuilding party. As long as she gets enough time before nightfall

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just take it down early morning. She'll have a little rebuilding party. As long as she gets enough time before nightfall
All summer I've been waiting to be able to take a good/decent pic of her and I'm glad it finally happened. The web is always gone by the morning time, and I don't know why it's gone, but it's almost always there at night. Must just be the type of spider that spins it's web at night :huh:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I was out on the porch sitting and watching two hummingbirds having a dispute over which one owns the feeder. One got the other and a single feather floated down and landed on the chair next to me. First time I've ever seen a close up of a feather from a hummer.
I don't have a good camera, so this is the best I could do
9c741c64f584dcf5f7a1fee701fd63f7.jpg

It is so tiny !

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
9c0d0d7e37b0d0009860cf3ed33dbfc7.jpg

Coronado Island looking at Down Town San Diego

67f but still get burned if you hang out for more than an hour.

Get burned in 67? My white parts don't even burn in 67°.ha ha. By white parts I mean my feet. Just like socks.
21531f2865790d1c210164ddc14aca66.jpg

Sent from a pile of wood chips

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Get burned in 67? My white parts don't even burn in 67°.ha ha. By white parts I mean my feet. Just like socks.
21531f2865790d1c210164ddc14aca66.jpg

Our UV index is around 9.2 average this time of year, with a few hours of the day near 11.

If our UV index was only 4, that would be rad!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Our UV index is around 9.2 average this time of year, with a few hours of the day near 11.

If our UV index was only 4, that would be rad!

Was fairly cloudy today and storms out now. They keep taking about the hurricane coming but it won't make it this far inland. Hell I'm closer to the mountains than the beach. But damn 9.2 is high. I'm not sure what our average is but I'll keep an eye on that now.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was fairly cloudy today and storms out now. They keep taking about the hurricane coming but it won't make it this far inland. Hell I'm closer to the mountains than the beach. But damn 9.2 is high. I'm not sure what our average is but I'll keep an eye on that now.

Raleigh is high... like 10.4

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
My A/C went on the blink Friday morning. It was a cool 90° inside all day and yesterday it was between 80 and 90.
Finally found someone to come yesterday at around 3.
A 20.00 part and 379.00 later and I have air again!
Thank God!
ef3dd7733a10543a0290b21221e8ae3a.jpg

VU Sponsors