Become a Patron!

Post a Picture Any Picture (that you took)

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
96c550803187475a90f30a733b1ac3da.jpg

This was from a couple mornings ago....freezing fog. EEK...Looked tooooo much like ice.
But, it was beautiful

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just a nice pic taken in the foothills in spring (we recently drove by that spot and both of us mentioned taking that photo) I had to jump a fence to get the shot... a highway patrol drove up but noticed I was using a tripod so figured I was just an avid photographer. He waved on then moved on.
1670955740917.jpeg

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have never seen a white squirrel.
Not sure if it's the same one, but we've had one around for a few years now. It would seem there are a couple of others around as well.
A guy that I work with sometimes doesn't live far from me and saw one in his area and also sent me a screenshot of a Facebook post about one that got hit by a car and didn't make it that was nearby as well.
I guess we are overrun with them!

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not sure if it's the same one, but we've had one around for a few years now. It would seem there are a couple of others around as well.
A guy that I work with sometimes doesn't live far from me and saw one in his area and also sent me a screenshot of a Facebook post about one that got hit by a car and didn't make it that was nearby as well.
I guess we are overrun with them!
No white squirrels around here. The wildlife would make quick meals of them. The red squirrels we have are mean and destructive. Although, it does make me laugh when I hear about my brother in law getting pelted in the head by pecans when he goes outside.

BigEmptySky

Member For 5 Years
Here are some photos I shot last summer. They are from a cemetery that dates back to the early 1800's. The cemetery was still used (open plots) up until a few years ago. It's two city blocks from my home.

It is a very nice (and peaceful!!!, LOL) place to walk my German Shepherd. On the plus side, and to me anyways, it has all the benefits of a park minus other "living people" - we never see any - LOLz.

I suppose it might creep some people out to walk around a cemetery. Only thing I can say is "get over it"!!! Ya haven't LIVED until you've done it. Personally, I find it to be relaxing and very soothing. Tranquil. At least once a week I take one of my acoustic guitars, find a spot and just jam baby!!! LOLz

I am totally blown away by the work craftsmen did way back in the day. The following photos are a great example of that. I should note; obviously it's a cemetery, and I am walking among where the remains of people lay. Needless to say, I am always respectful and very mindful of this.

Anyhow, 'nuff blabbering, on to the photos:

IMG_4800cr.jpg
By my estimate, the the gravestone with the angel on top is about 15' tall +/- (I am underestimating). The backsides of the smaller, middle, gravestones off the the right, stand roughly 2' tall.

IMG_4801cr.jpg

I can not even begin to imagine the work and time that was put into making that angel.

IMG_4802cr.jpg

IMG_4803cr.jpg

IMG_4804cr.jpg

IMG_4805cr.jpg
The detail work, truly amazing craftsmanship!!!

IMG_4807cr.jpg

And of course, me being me, I thought I wrote down the date on the gravestone. I didn't, and I forgot it!
Oh well, next time we're there I will get it.

ETA: Edited my height estimate so it includes the angel and gravestone.

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here are some photos I shot last summer. They are from a cemetery that dates back to the early 1800's. The cemetery was still used (open plots) up until a few years ago. It's two city blocks from my home.

It is a very nice (and peaceful!!!, LOL) place to walk my German Shepherd. On the plus side, and to me anyways, it has all the benefits of a park minus other "living people" - we never see any - LOLz.

I suppose it might creep some people out to walk around a cemetery. Only thing I can say is "get over it"!!! Ya haven't LIVED until you've done it. Personally, I find it to be relaxing and very soothing. Tranquil. At least once a week I take one of my acoustic guitars, find a spot and just jam baby!!! LOLz

I am totally blown away by the work craftsmen did way back in the day. The following photos are a great example of that. I should note; obviously it's a cemetery, and I am walking among where the remains of people lay. Needless to say, I am always respectful and very mindful of this.

View attachment 204166
By my estimate, the the gravestone with the angel on top is about 15' tall +/- (I am underestimating). The backsides of the smaller, middle, gravestones off the the right, stand roughly 2' tall.

View attachment 204167

I can not even begin to imagine the work and time that was put into making that angel.

View attachment 204168

View attachment 204170

View attachment 204171

View attachment 204172

View attachment 204173

And of course, me being me, I thought I wrote down the date on the gravestone. I didn't, and I forgot it!

Beautiful pics. I love the peace and beauty of cemeteries too.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 204166

View attachment 204167

View attachment 204168

View attachment 204170

View attachment 204171

View attachment 204172

View attachment 204173

Those are some bright, bubbly, happy style photos

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Vape Fan , the sky looks like that today (much worse actually) I won't mention it but yes I know what that is. I have an entire collection of photos like that on photobucket (PM me if interested)

luckyjack

Member For 4 Years
194-1948210_open-jpg-100x100-pixels-clipart.jpg

I have nice collection of vector images from depositphotos. It is learge stock image platform with million of images in different themes. I download oil vector images for my website recently. Vector graphics can be used in web design for icons, buttons, banners, and other UI elements. They provide a way to maintain a consistent look across various screen sizes and resolutions and the scalability of vector images allows for complex infographics with text, charts, and diagrams.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 204166

View attachment 204167

View attachment 204168

View attachment 204170

View attachment 204171

View attachment 204172

View attachment 204173

Love that, it reminds me of the Angels in Doctor Who....I wonder if it inspired them?

Doctor_Who_Weeping_Angel_from_The_Time_of_Angels.JPG

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weeping_Angel

VU Sponsors