Become a Patron!

Post your builds

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay guys, after only 4 builds my sapor took a shit on me and the center post started spinning. I'm in the market for a new rda and can't decide between a double vision or a Griffin. I hate tanks but if it vapes as good as everyone says I'll be happy. I'd like to hear some opinions from builders. I do want something sturdy that can hold down bigger builds too

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Okay guys, after only 4 builds my sapor took a shit on me and the center post started spinning. I'm in the market for a new rda and can't decide between a double vision or a Griffin. I hate tanks but if it vapes as good as everyone says I'll be happy. I'd like to hear some opinions from builders. I do want something sturdy that can hold down bigger builds too

Griffin...
Or wait for the Alleria RTA which is a Griffin with Double Vision Posts

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
New NC Build...I like this a lot more then the previous build.
2 x 26K/38N80 Fused Claptons (10 Wraps/3mm ID @ .52 Ohms):
View attachment 41732 View attachment 41733 View attachment 41734 View attachment 41735

I tried getting them as clean looking as possible but with fused claptons with this many wraps it tends to leave some looseness within the coil and I didnt want to mess them up so the leads are kinda weird but the coils all flat and even like I wanted them. Next build May be some Polished 22g or something similar, but these will do for now!
For some stupid reason my velocity won't fire on the NC anymore. You're not having any issues are you?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
For some stupid reason my velocity won't fire on the NC anymore. You're not having any issues are you?
That happened to me with a Velocity I got in trade. Try loosening the center pin, push it down a bit, then re-tighten it.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm a bit more of a fan of the Griffin build deck, I need every bit of space i can get.

I hear ya. I just fit some Fused Claptons on my Diablo, pretty decent space. 2x 26g/32g wrap 2.5mm Id

56684d23a1ad3665b57302005be83e00.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That happened to me with a Velocity I got in trade. Try loosening the center pin, push it down a bit, then re-tighten it.
I trouble shot everything. Took everything (and i mean everything) apart and cleaned it. Works on my ipv4 and fuhattan (both have adjustable pins) but will not fire on the cricket. It has to be a clearance issue but the battery should come up with the rocker on the base plate. Im genuinly miffed

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
O what my shit wasnt good enough for ya, huh? :p

I trouble shot everything. Took everything (and i mean everything) apart and cleaned it. Works on my ipv4 and fuhattan (both have adjustable pins) but will not fire on the cricket. It has to be a clearance issue but the battery should come up with the rocker on the base plate. Im genuinly miffed

On the Crickets Hybrid Cap, check to see if the pin is sticking far enough out to actually touch the batteries plate. this is why I cant use my Twisted Messes Mini on it..

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On the Crickets Hybrid Cap, check to see if the pin is sticking far enough out to actually touch the batteries plate.

Yep. That was one of the first things i checked. The weird thing was it was working just fine and then just quit. I remedied the issue by not using it on that mod

Gonna take a closer look when i tear down the build i currently have in the velocity

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Griffin for tank or indestructible for RDA. I like pushing that because I love mine. Other two that I love are the velocity mini and 13 heavens 9 hells.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Griffin for tank or indestructible for RDA. I like pushing that because I love mine. Other two that I love are the velocity mini and 13 heavens 9 hells.

Add Stro Mini V1 & Baal V3 to that list.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

How's the indestructible as far as build quality and chamber size? I'm not sure if I like or hate the open center post idea too.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How's the indestructible as far as build quality and chamber size? I'm not sure if I like or hate the open center post idea too.

My first build was a pia. Then I changed what I did for my second build and it went in easy. I love the RDA because the vape is a constant smooth flow. I have clone I got from 3fvape. Build quality is great. Just cleaned it and built it and vape it. That is the RDA I walk around the house it short runs around town with. With the rda's and tanks I have... I'm only really using the indestructible and the Griffin. Plenty of room in both build areas. That open center post has not cause me any issues. Not sure why they chose to do that but it works just fine for me and I have zero issues. Side posts are where the fun starts because they are open. To make them hassle free, it just comes down to the direction you wrap your coil. Do that and the coil gets held in and not pushed out. Air flow is great and it is the smoothest vape I have it if all of my rda's. So I like mine. Second smoothest I have is the 13h9h. Great clone there too.

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm a bit more of a fan of the Griffin build deck, I need every bit of space i can get.

I Prefer my VCMT for that very reason love the build room.
I have yet to have a problem fitting any build in it that's actually a decent vape.
Currently running a dual coil 26g n80x2 wrapped in 36g n80. 10 wraps 3.5mm ID. Anything bigger ramp up becomes retarded imo.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first build was a pia. Then I changed what I did for my second build and it went in easy. I love the RDA because the vape is a constant smooth flow. I have clone I got from 3fvape. Build quality is great. Just cleaned it and built it and vape it. That is the RDA I walk around the house it short runs around town with. With the rda's and tanks I have... I'm only really using the indestructible and the Griffin. Plenty of room in both build areas. That open center post has not cause me any issues. Not sure why they chose to do that but it works just fine for me and I have zero issues. Side posts are where the fun starts because they are open. To make them hassle free, it just comes down to the direction you wrap your coil. Do that and the coil gets held in and not pushed out. Air flow is great and it is the smoothest vape I have it if all of my rda's. So I like mine. Second smoothest I have is the 13h9h. Great clone there too.

I just saw a review and saw there's no adjustable side airflow or a delrin tip option, those are kind of killers for me. I'm really torn in getting a tank, I want to love it but I've never tried one good enough to make me stick with it. The 13h9h is nice but since I have a TM ID like something a tad different. I can still swap out decks/top caps if id like.
@skiibo4200 the vcmt is a bit too much for something I don't know if I'd like and 25 mm won't sit on any of my mods.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just saw a review and saw there's no adjustable side airflow or a delrin tip option, those are kind of killers for me. I'm really torn in getting a tank, I want to love it but I've never tried one good enough to make me stick with it. The 13h9h is nice but since I have a TM ID like something a tad different. I can still swap out decks/top caps if id like.

Get the God Damn Griffin!. Do It! Do not hesitate on it it will be everything and more that your want and you wont have any regrets...This is coming from me...not some damn newbie who only owns one damn tank...Hell even Chef likes the god damn tank.
A builder with a collection of RTA's/RDA's bigger then most full collections of gear. Buy It and you will love it.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get the God Damn Griffin!. Do It! Do not hesitate on it it will be everything and more that your want and you wont have any regrets...This is coming from me...not some damn newbie who only owns one damn tank...Hell even Chef likes the god damn tank.
A builder with a collection of RTA's/RDA's bigger then most full collections of gear. Buy It and you will love it.
I'll take your word and try it, maybe I'll get a double vision too lol. All my gear dying at the same time makes me want to buy stuff anyway

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I was a betting man I would say that you liked the Griffin raymo2u. Lol

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'll take your word and try it, maybe I'll get a double vision too lol. All my gear dying at the same time makes me want to buy stuff anyway

I bought an authentic and a clone and they are the same...except the clone does not comes with an extra deck. Buy 2 clones for the extra deck ;) The Griffin isnt super expensive, I buy them on ebay as they always come in less then 4 days, most stores are sold out of them.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hell even Chef likes the ... tank.
i heard a rumor that CrazyChef was gonna be GIVING AWAY a brand new authentic Griffin to celebrate the Grand Opening of his website. But I really don't like to listen to rumors. We'll just have to wait until tomorrow to find out if it's true or not...

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought an authentic and a clone and they are the same...except the clone does not comes with an extra deck. Buy 2 clones for the extra deck ;) The Griffin isnt super expensive, I buy them on ebay as they always come in less then 4 days, most stores are sold out of them.
I'm an authentic kind of guy if stuff is reasonable, and I'd like to be able to interchange everything with my TM rda as I can swap decks while I'm building one, or make a freaky hybrid lol. The Griffin cheap enough I don't really care, I think my b&m has them for like 35 bucks too.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i heard a rumor that CrazyChef was gonna be GIVING AWAY a brand new authentic Griffin to celebrate the Grand Opening of his website. But I really don't like to listen to rumors. We'll just have to wait until tomorrow to find out if it's true or not...
Giveaway started in 3 hours last time I looked at it today and it says its ended now..?

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nope. Not here it doesn't.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@skiibo4200 the vcmt is a bit too much for something I don't know if I'd like and 25 mm won't sit on any of my mods.

That is odd. Mine has the sets of multiple air holes on the side. So you can run dual and single coil. You can even adjust the amount air flow by spinning the housing around the base.

I would still get the Griffen though. I love mine and run it everywhere. If you ever have the extra $10 for an RDA, then go indestructible. Griffen will rock your socks though.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is odd. Mine has the sets of multiple air holes on the side. So you can run dual and single coil. You can even adjust the amount air flow by spinning the housing around the base.

I would still get the Griffen though. I love mine and run it everywhere. If you ever have the extra $10 for an RDA, then go indestructible. Griffen will rock your socks though.

If I start collecting vape gear ill put it on my list of wants, right now I just need a second setup to vape after the death of my cuboid/sapor.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How did you get to that screen? It shouldn't be open yet. Unless you changed your time zone?
Thats just what it shows when I first open the page, it changes to the competition has ended if I click on anything though.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Weird. Well, it should be working at midnight - good luck!

VU Sponsors