Become a Patron!

Post your builds

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Damn it...Right after I decide to buy one they come out in different colors....I may pick up a Red and a Blue Version now...
c55cd932f750570b6b796ebe48261133.png

They also have the MAgma Reborn Clone already for $11 and the Revolver Clone for $14!!

Last edited:

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@EndDetour
I thought you were talking about the plume veil at first... So i was thinking about getting the aeronaut but i was also eyeing the petri v2 and i cant see myself to getting both. Would you say(especially being $35 cheaper of course) that the aeronaut would be the better value?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
I would be speaking in ignorance if I degraded the petri. I have had no experience with it. I will say the aeronaut is the best rda I have, or have tried. I have said and will say again it's a bit of a learning curve, a curve I thoroughly enjoyed, learning the most effective builds, mounting, and wicking techniques. There are some builds that are easier to mount in a three post or velocity deck, although if they are wicked properly they shine brighter than they would in the former. There are also builds, such as the last three I've had mounted in this, that I wouldn't dream of fitting in any other rda I've come across. "I can show you a world..."

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@EndDetour
I thought you were talking about the plume veil at first... So i was thinking about getting the aeronaut but i was also eyeing the petri v2 and i cant see myself to getting both. Would you say(especially being $35 cheaper of course) that the aeronaut would be the better value?

The description that included flat head screws was for the plume veil. I've used an authentic before and I still like mine much more.

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Im really not impressed with it, its essentially the same damn thing just looks different. The posts are nice looking but they dont change anything from the center post and the round posts from before....
Twisted Messes V2
5bf7d94aa249a2be3fbf10bcdcbe1355.png
1b863740c4a5c5e7594fad9c2fff0737.png

1a750157aa5637ce5389272f55b39ea0.png

I think if you could set up each post in different directions it would be much better. They could be unhitched from the deck and turned and replaced in any direction and have the base of each post like a stop sign so they get locked into place but still have options....Then you could have the posts sideways and set it up similarly to the Aeronaut, or have them offset for wide single coil dsesigns...

Last edited:

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn, I was hoping they'd lose the hex screws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Damn, I was hoping they'd lose the hex screws

They are including a Bit with the RDA that fits the Hex screws perfectly, they wont strip using it. He included it for this very reason.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are including a Bit with the RDA that fits the Hex screws perfectly, they wont strip using it. He included it for this very reason.
That's cool. Weird airflow

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only real improvement I see is the post can't rotate anymore. I have two authentic decks and neither centre pin spins but I've heard it happen to others.
Not a fan of the look on the new airflow either.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My Authentic and even the damn Clones I own havent had the Block rotate, but I kinda of wish it was a option to choose a direction (8 angles, like a stop sign) with the new posts...then I could see the reason for the RDA update...the new design changes nothing at all, just the aesthetics...Ill wait for the Clone :D

This is what I was thinking...The posts base could of had a Octagon shape to lock it from spinning and it would also allow you to change the direction of the posts....The Positive Posts may be a bit more complicated to do it with but Im pretty sure it could be done with a little thought.
9e6ea79c9a4c4ea837606efe1b0ebd3c.png

I can kind of see one thing that makes this better then the original though, you can use the outer most holes on both posts for long coils.....thats really all I got.

There is another RDA by them they are releasing soon enough and hopefully it is worth waiting for...

Last edited:

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not to sure of that price, no offense but it's a wismec product in the end which makes the price crazy high for what your getting.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Am not that impressed either. I'll pass, and get the original when the price goes down. Still hunting for a petri 2

Matt

I'd like to see a nice clone of the v2 Petri...

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My wire came in. So i build a tiny fused clapton for my crown but ima hold onto that till the curent wick is dead.
20160225_194621.jpg
28kx2 36k wrap. 36 was kinda hard, but i actually figured it out rather quickly. Now i cant wait for payday to order some 38.

Yeah i know its only wire not a coil..... still freakin badass

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Am not that impressed either. I'll pass, and get the original when the price goes down. Still hunting for a petri 2

Matt

I'd like to see a nice clone of the v2 Petri...
Im still waiting to find the petri at a decent price. I'll probably get a clone just to see if the hubbub is valid. Baal v3 and tugboat v3 are on my maybe list too

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@EndDetour how you like the aeronaut? It's on my list of possible next RDAs along with, Twisted Messes, Double Vision, and Goon RDAs

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
I own TM and DV they are 2 of my favs easy to build just about any coil on 3mm post holes I also like H&H I own both authentic of them and clones and for the most part you can't tell which is which so for 10$ ea you can get pretty spot on clones they even now have the black TM

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Im still waiting to find the petri at a decent price. I'll probably get a clone just to see if the hubbub is valid. Baal v3 and tugboat v3 are on my maybe list too

There haven't been a clone of the V2 Petri which is def on my list the post design is much better

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My wire came in. So i build a tiny fused clapton for my crown but ima hold onto that till the curent wick is dead.
View attachment 42074
28kx2 36k wrap. 36 was kinda hard, but i actually figured it out rather quickly. Now i cant wait for payday to order some 38.

Yeah i know its only wire not a coil..... still freakin badass

I thought 38 would be harder than 34 or 36, but it was actually easier. Only had like one tiny screw up in my first fused clapton attempt. It kinda feeds itself. I don't know how I feel about going smaller than this though. It's hard to see!

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I thought 38 would be harder than 34 or 36, but it was actually easier. Only had like one tiny screw up in my first fused clapton attempt. It kinda feeds itself. I don't know how I feel about going smaller than this though. It's hard to see!

From what I hear, 38-44 the wire just feeds itself then it becomes hard.

And yes most definitely need to grab a petri but ballin on a budget so I might have to carry on with Petri on the "wish" list.

Matt

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I have some 46 on the way. 40 was pretty much just like 38 doing fc's. Interested in seeing how bad my eye strain will be with the 46

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have some 46 on the way. 40 was pretty much just like 38 doing fc's. Interested in seeing how bad my eye strain will be with the 46

I've only built aliens with 34 gauge tho I've made countless 38 g FCs.

I made a fantastic length and build of alien today, so I'm thinking next time i sit down to build it will be 38 aliens.

Once I feel competent with that gauge it will be a reorder of the 38, and I'll order 40,42 as well. No sense staying where I'm at let's go up!

Matt

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
After 48g its like working on a Microchip with your fingers...you really need magnification just to see it go on or you WILL mess it up. I challenge anyone to use some 50g+ wire like Chef and I have on this thread in the past, even Fused Claptons become a insane task.;) Good luck :D

Buy 38g in Kanthal D on Ebay, 1000ft spool is only $8 and I use it the most besides the 40/44 gauge's. Most of use love that Nameless/Faceless Black Spool here :)

I may buy that TMV2 RDA...just to try it out, if their site would allow me.
I just got a email stating the Exodus first batch are being sent out....I really hope Im one of them!

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn it...Right after I decide to buy one they come out in different colors....I may pick up a Red and a Blue Version now...
c55cd932f750570b6b796ebe48261133.png

They also have the MAgma Reborn Clone already for $11 and the Revolver Clone for $14!!
Haha, those are the colors I just pulled the trigger on. I had to flex a bit to make it work, but I need to know that I will be able to own one. I just can't resist bold, shiny anodized colors.

Thank fucking god they took advantage of the fact that you can easily and cheaply anodize aluminum. Paint sucks. It feels gross when you get juice on it, scuffs and peels, and is prone to inconsistencies. I wish manufacturers would get over the whole paint thing and start anodizing their aluminum shit and electroplating the other common metals. It doesn't really deteriorate like paint can under certain conditions, it's easier to maintain, and polished anodized/electroplated are always gorgeous and feel good in the hand.

Sorry, I'm very excited that one of my favorite mods now comes in colors and they didn't fuck it up by just tossing shitty paint on them. The only thing that could make me happier is if they came out with a stainless steel one that had polished gunmetal black electroplating and beveled edges. Hmmm... ...I might have to see if I can make that one happen myself.

...is it march yet? <_<

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
After 48g its like working on a Microchip with your fingers...you really need magnification just to see it go on or you WILL mess it up. I challenge anyone to use some 50g+ wire like Chef and I have on this thread in the past, even Fused Claptons become a insane task.;) Good luck :D

Buy 38g in Kanthal D on Ebay, 1000ft spool is only $8 and I use it the most besides the 40/44 gauge's. Most of use love that Nameless/Faceless Black Spool here :)

I may buy that TMV2 RDA...just to try it out, if their site would allow me.
I just got a email stating the Exodus first batch are being sent out....I really hope Im one of them!
Not really the thread for it, but screw it. How's the flavor on the Diablo compared to the Griffin? Thinking about picking that and a mini volt up and doing some 28g FCs or something like that. Wondering what you think, if the 40w will be able to do it justice. I want to upgrade my "travel kit".

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Not really the thread for it, but screw it. How's the flavor on the Diablo compared to the Griffin? Thinking about picking that and a mini volt up and doing some 28g FCs or something like that. Wondering what you think, if the 40w will be able to do it justice. I want to upgrade my "travel kit".
The Diablo right now I use more then my Griffins...the Flavor is better, but thats because Im using the 2.5ml the most, the 5ml is being used by the woman so I cant speak too much on that version for flavor right now. If you made some FC's with 2x30g/40g+ that 40w should do nicely and that would be a great small setup...Im going to get one now ;)
Using some Staples in the Diablo and Im using it at only 95w its putting out crazy amounts of vapor and flavor, the 2.5ml also has the adjustable airflow, so you can open it up and it does get airier then the Griffin or close it down for MTL easy....for $9 on FT or $16 on Ebay its worth it...

I love this setup:
20160225_214422.jpg20160225_214609.jpg

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've put the Griffin away except to go to work and school right now since I broke the damned drip tip off.

Threw 6 wrap dual aliens in the velocity and threw on VVV's Fuzzy Tata's --- great flavor from this setup.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Awesome, yeah I was thinking twisted 32g cores if 28g wouldn't do the trick, don't have 30g and ehh I don't want to buy it for something that I'll be using so rarely, just for when I want to vape in public places. But, cool, guess I'll finally pull the trigger. I've been eyeballing the Mini volt for a while now just wanted a little tank to go with it. Also been looking at the Guardian III just because I love the feel of a pipe. The RX200 has also been on my consideration list, but the mods I have work fine for what I have so no need there.

You got a link for the ebay diablo, all I'm seeing are the 5ml options... and mostly from china.

EDIT: Found one, but only in SS, want a black of possible.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've put the Griffin away except to go to work and school right now since I broke the damned drip tip off.

Threw 6 wrap dual aliens in the velocity and threw on VVV's Fuzzy Tata's --- great flavor from this setup.
There is a 510 Adapter...Use a Normal Tip for now or buy a damn Dotmod clone tip!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Awesome, yeah I was thinking twisted 32g cores if 28g wouldn't do the trick, don't have 30g and ehh I don't want to buy it for something that I'll be using so rarely, just for when I want to vape in public places. But, cool, guess I'll finally pull the trigger. I've been eyeballing the Mini volt for a while now just wanted a little tank to go with it. Also been looking at the Guardian III just because I love the feel of a pipe. The RX200 has also been on my consideration list, but the mods I have work fine for what I have so no need there.

You got a link for the ebay diablo, all I'm seeing are the 5ml options... and mostly from china.
I can make you some if you need them...Here's the 2.5ml Diablo LINK

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There is a 510 Adapter...Use a Normal Tip for now or buy a damn Dotmod clone tip!
I bought them!!

It's FT! They'll be here when I forget about them!!!

However I don't have any drip tips laying around :( might stop by a local B&M on the way from school tomorrow evening and see if I can't find one I like.

Matt

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Doh, yeah just found that, it's only in SS, hoping to find a black if possible. i'll keep scouring the interweb.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
All I've got is this (silicone?) Drip tip that came with something I bought along the way.

I don't like it.

27910c98998de8c8113c5b3345079f16.jpg

Matt

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
All I've got is this (silicone?) Drip tip that came with something I bought along the way.

I don't like it.

27910c98998de8c8113c5b3345079f16.jpg

Matt
That will increase flavor for sure...I've used a Flat Tip on my Griffin and was pretty Impressed, pull one off a different Tank...TFV4 or something.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just don't quite care for the feeling of the tip ... Let me throw it on the velocity real quick and see what happens.

Matt

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That will increase flavor for sure...I've used a Flat Tip on my Griffin and was pretty Impressed, pull one off a different Tank...TFV4 or something.
Meh I don't have any that fit the Griffin I tried. Wait.

Oh my god. I didn't think about my Crown Tanks tip! Thanks Ray.

ea0ea771d9ee22ea84f5ff75ef616cff.jpg

Happy happy flavors even better

Matt

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yup, that large bore it comes with is nice but I find a more standard drip tip helps the flavor. Small bore chokes it a bit, but something in the middle is wonderful.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yup, that large bore it comes with is nice but I find a more standard drip tip helps the flavor. Small bore chokes it a bit, but something in the middle is wonderful.
I want that damn Smok Micro TFV4 RDA Tip on my griffin...but I cant buy it anywhere..
2015-12-08-16_51_561282.jpg

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, smok's holding out big time. Quite a few things they posted as "on it's way" months ago still are no where to be seen.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Had an epic #vapemail day today!
a08b03ee1c822f5531890d22f7ccc3e4.jpg

75529cbc08688c8f24fa1d64fc176875.jpg

39e28addfb19307f6d6cfc8c661615c9.jpg

14c43fb5bf6db7119cd21ff189e63a6d.jpg

d3db38a152613efda0f597d6be6ba15f.jpg

2d5b78616683ad8761ca478938605dc4.jpg

f994401e6ac0732f609da3d5b0d357b5.jpg

29c8498c1226350f515a82e7879f43ed.jpg

And here's a side by side with the v1. The old on the left and the new on the right
39ba3f1cd0f69244246c1006be6959dd.jpg

I've been vaping on it for a couple hours now, it took me about an hour to take photos. I wanted to have some good shots of it before i tossed a build in her. This atty is just amazing. I accidentally erased the photo i had of the airflow, but it's very similar to the v1 as far as operation goes. It's a bit more opem though, i usually vape the v1 wide open and i have this one almost half way closed. The posts are monstrous, with the large post-holes we've all come to love. Thanks to the two-post design. Gonna need a little more time with it before i pass a final judgement, but it has been really awesome so far!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Fuck off Scarecrow :mad:;)...Im not cool enough to be friends with Kent and get one early :( I did however buy one a hour or 2 ago...now I get to wait...

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I was gonna get the twisted messes v1 clone... Guess I'm gonna have to just get the v2... Crazy long coils can fit in that thing.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oops -All I had to do was go to the TM website... :oops:

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yea definitely a downgrade IMO nothing against wismec but the quality was top notch for the price. $70 for a China product is insane

You think the tm2 is a downgrade?

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You think the tm2 is a downgrade?

Vape quality wise I can't judge, but if the OEM is wismec that means made in China, which Id prefer a USA made authentic if I had the choice for the same price. I hate to drag on but I'm just super disappointed in this right now.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vape quality wise I can't judge, but if the OEM is wismec that means made in China, which Id prefer a USA made authentic if I had the choice for the same price. I hate to drag on but I'm just super disappointed in this right now.

I understand the concern, but made in china doesn't mean it's bad. China is questionable, but they can still make quality.

That said I just stumbled upon this: http://imgur.com/gallery/nf1UQ

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

And Compvape isn't made in China also? Sure it's USA designed, but manufactured? Wismec has proven itself with the Indestructible RDA and I'm sure they can pull this off too. I'll buy one. I love my TM.

VU Sponsors