Become a Patron!

Post your builds

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just remembered im running 3ply core 28 frame 38 wrap dual in the aromamizer 3mm id 6 wrap and those come out to .21

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

I think I'll try that in my plume...but I've been having a lot of interesting results from mix and matching staggered variants parallel to one another. Essentially I'm getting dual coil results in a single coil setup in the aeronaut. Bigger i.d.'s denser clouds. Lot of success with a 4mm. And these staggered variations I've noticed, not only wick the juice like standard fused variations but tend to vent vapor and flavor much better.

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I threw some 28/38 aliens into the griffin and some blueberry custard. Forgot to take pics but first try at wicking and i think i got it wrong because the tank drained out of the afc.... Its fixed now and wicking like a champ. Anyone have juice flow holes that dont completely line up with the channels?

What do you mean by not lining up?

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you mean by not lining up?
4764aff39d9d268843a84113d261eb08.jpg
71ba29ba50e4b8b0ec68d2302ebe8179.jpg
two holes line up right and the two adjacent holes are partially blocked

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Get a replacement base sent to you. I had oddball issues at first with mine and it all went away with a replacement base. The replacement base also came with hardened screws and not the butter bolts that came with the first one I ordered.

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get a replacement base sent to you. I had oddball issues at first with mine and it all went away with a replacement base. The replacement base also came with hardened screws and not the butter bolts that came with the first one I ordered.
I take it i contact geekvape directly?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Ahh naw, that's very odd. Does the deck look uniformely spaced, or do you think it may be the topcap? Also the juice channels are pretty big, can you rotate it and get it lined up better? I will say I get fooled quite a bit by the airbubble in the channels I see the shiny metal and think I have the airflow closed but it's really just seeing the back of the juice channel.

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh naw, that's very odd. Does the deck look uniformely spaced, or do you think it may be the topcap? Also the juice channels are pretty big, can you rotate it and get it lined up better? I will say I get fooled quite a bit by the airbubble in the channels I see the shiny metal and think I have the airflow closed but it's really just seeing the back of the juice channel.
Nope, thats what i figured at first but i rotated it all the way around and its the same

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Once i drain the tank ill disassemble it and take a closer look at whats off but hopefully GV will help me out get it sorted out.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I take it i contact geekvape directly?

Geekvape is too slow to respond. They took 2 weeks to get back. The place I got from had my replacement to me in less than a week. Only took 3 or 4 days from Hawaii to ohio.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Geekvape is too slow to respond. They took 2 weeks to get back. The place I got from had my replacement to me in less than a week. Only took 3 or 4 days from Hawaii to ohio.

I dont think its hurting performance, its more aesthetically displeasing than anything else. I just sent gv an email and if i dont hear back soon ill contact the seller. Gv's support page says they will have us support up on march 1st so i may just wait till tuesday and try calling them

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont think its hurting performance, its more aesthetically displeasing than anything else. I just sent gv an email and if i dont hear back soon ill contact the seller. Gv's support page says they will have us support up on march 1st so i may just wait till tuesday and try calling them

I had actual issues my base. Thankfully I didn't have it back. They just sent me the replacement part.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have decent contact with Geekvape, I can get a reply in the same day.
I didn't have that luck going through their website.

I got my issue resolved so I'm happy! Made me love my griffen even more. Can't wait until they come out with a bigger one!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I didn't have that luck going through their website.

I got my issue resolved so I'm happy! Made me love my griffen even more. Can't wait until they come out with a bigger one!

I preordered the Tsunami, now that is a Workhorse RDA...Its perfect like the griffin for whats its made for.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You turn them a bit more and all four line up....
No matter how I turn it there's two that look like that. Im not really sure if it affects anything but it bothers my ocd. I think I fix my issues though, I actually added more wick.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
No matter how I turn it there's two that look like that. Im not really sure if it affects anything but it bothers my ocd. I think I fix my issues though, I actually added more wick.

When its half on 2 turn it so they just barely get fully opened, then if you look at each hole it should have the juice port to the side in the hole...

8ced6becf2bb73fc42262da6ed81fe95.png

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When its half on 2 turn it so they just barely get fully opened, then if you look at each hole it should have the juice port to the side in the hole...

8ced6becf2bb73fc42262da6ed81fe95.png
So the holes arent symmetrical then, that makes sense now that I think about the way the deck looks. Nice graphic, did you make that on the spot lol?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So the holes arent symmetrical then, that makes sense now that I think about the way the deck looks. Nice graphic, did you make that on the spot lol?

Yea just after your post lol. They are set up like a rectangle in form rather then a squared design, if it was a squared pattern it could of been a real juice control but I dont know why Geekvape did it this way, it could have to do with wicking or juice restriction though...

Lookey Lookey ;)
74b4a7a51889e44a77c13f3ea9552a44.png

Last edited:

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea just after your post lol. They are set up like a rectangle in form rather then a squared design, if it was a squared pattern it could of been a real juice control but I dont know why Geekvape did it this way, it could have to do with wicking or juice restriction though...
That was impressively quick lol. And I'm thinking they did that to give you more deck space by moving everything toward the center instead of having to build and wick further out, wasting all the space in the center.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That was impressively quick lol. And I'm thinking they did that to give you more deck space by moving everything toward the center instead of having to build and wick further out, wasting all the space in the center.

I didnt want to open SimpleCAD and make an actual drawing lol Paint is much faster to throw something together

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I got the Griffin in today and so far I am loving it. I put a fused 24/36 5 wrap 3.5 mm ID dual coils. Used SS 24 for the cores and kanthal for the wrap.

Attachments

• Griffin1.jpg
    Griffin1.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Griffin4.jpg
    Griffin4.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Griffin5.jpg
    Griffin5.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Griffin3.jpg
    Griffin3.jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 25

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My first atempt at a framed staple.
20160226_205009.jpg
Its a damn fine vape. Ribbon (i dont know the size) x6 framed with 26k wraped in 34. I can see why you guys go through the trouble of making these things. The flavor off of it is insane.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I was thinking of making it easier and having it do the same damn thing as normal...twisting up the Ribbon together and then Framing and Claptoning it, could even do 2 or 3 sets of Twisted Ribbon side by side...Why didnt I do that earlier??? could even Helix the Twisted Ribbon and then finish it up...

brassic

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My first attempt at titanium claptons. One end got stuck in the jig when I was pulling it out kinda pissed me off but oh well such is life, now I gotta make the other one as my cat decided to jump on my table and i i shoved her off and at the same time totally fucked up and pulled the shit out of the rest of the clapton I made. I was only able to salvage enough to make one 6 wrap at 2.5 :(. If anyone's wondering it's 24g core with 30g wrap should build out to a .1Ω god damn is this stuff spring loaded.

IMAG0515_1.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I decided to run into the other room and make a large staple....I wont install it until the TMV2 Rda gets here and then Ill try it out..Sorry for the poor pics, its dark here and the kids just went to bed.
10 x .6 Ribbon/ 26KA1/ 40N80 Framed Staple, I call it Hydra Wire ;):

20160226_220355.jpg 20160226_220440.jpg 20160226_220457.jpg

Last edited:

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well... Now that i have it apart, i feel like an idiot. I did not realize how wide the juice channels were and they in fact do line up with the holes. Those cuts are so shiny the reflection makes it look like the holes are right against the metal... Done bitchin about nothin and im ready to start blazing through these flavors

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well... Now that i have it apart, i feel like an idiot. I did not realize how wide the juice channels were and they in fact do line up with the holes. Those cuts are so shiny the reflection makes it look like the holes are right against the metal... Done bitchin about nothin and im ready to start blazing through these flavors

Yeah it's quite deceiving.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If you feel its getting dry close your airflow and draw as hard as you can then rip the airflow open, could just be the vacuum pressure it needs.

brassic

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So got my build done as I stated before Griffin tank and 24g core and 30g wrap titanium 1 wire. Now I can say this was a big pain in the ass probably not the smartest build to try my first build but go hard or go home I guess. One coil came out nice as for the other one it wasn't as tight sadly which came apparent when I coiled it. I suspect my neighbor might think I was killing someone with all the screaming and f-bombs flying out of my mouth, to make things worse i stabbed my thumb with 30g wire and it went in about 1/4 of an inch let me tell you if people weren't aware that I lived here they probably would of thought a teenager girl caught a glimpse of Justin Beiber or whatever pop star they swoon for these days. After everything said and done I got it all installed and quiet happy with the build, I was vaping so much of my other tank so I am not sure if it tastes better or worse lol. On top of that I haven't ever done anything in TC so I wasn't sure how it was suppose to taste but I guess the bonus was nothing burnt or bad so I assume it is good.

IMAG0517.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So got my build done as I stated before Griffin tank and 24g core and 30g wrap titanium 1 wire. Now I can say this was a big pain in the ass probably not the smartest build to try my first build but go hard or go home I guess. One coil came out nice as for the other one it wasn't as tight sadly which came apparent when I coiled it. I suspect my neighbor might think I was killing someone with all the screaming and f-bombs flying out of my mouth, to make things worse i stabbed my thumb with 30g wire and it went in about 1/4 of an inch let me tell you if people weren't aware that I lived here they probably would of thought a teenager girl caught a glimpse of Justin Beiber or whatever pop star they swoon for these days. After everything said and done I got it all installed and quiet happy with the build, I was vaping so much of my other tank so I am not sure if it tastes better or worse lol. On top of that I haven't ever done anything in TC so I wasn't sure how it was suppose to taste but I guess the bonus was nothing burnt or bad so I assume it is good.

View attachment 42225
When you go to install your coils install one lead then grab a pair of pliers and use the bit you wrapped them on and pull the other lead as hard as you can then try keeping it that tight then screw it down, this makes them nice and tight and usually they end up pretty flawless.

You should of heard the noise I made one night as I went to fill the babies bottle and a Staggerd Fused Clapton lead clipping penetrated into my inner side of my big toe. It went in and bent....I had to yank it then turn and pull it out...it was a good 5/16" that was lodged inside of my big toe....now thats agony man...I sweep with magnets on a Swiffer I threw together now after every build...:D

Last edited:

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You should of heard the noise I made one night as I went to fill the babies bottle and a Staggerd Fused Clapton lead clipping penetrated into my inner side of my big toe. It went in and bent....I had to yank it then turn and pull it out...it was a good 5/16" that was lodged inside of my big toe....now thats agony man...I sweep with magnets on a Swiffer I threw together now after every build...:D

Ah, the builders life...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You know when I first saw that TMV2 I thought it wouldnt be any better then the V1 but as I ponder on it more it makes perfect sense and I understand why they did it (atleast the Deck). I am looking forward to seeing if I can make a nice 2x26g 316L/44N80 Fused Clapton Dual Coil on it since the reason I am excited now is the thought of not only using it like the V1 but you can use just the outer most holes if you want for long coils....That would be like using just then negative posts on the V1 for coils...that adds some options, also you could use the center holes just for the Staged Heating wires if you wanted or do something similar to Guatch on IG....The more I think about it the more Im glad I ordered it...
I WILL be using the Double Vision Top Cap on it though...or the Twisted Messes Mini Top Cap, for increased flavor and round/non whistley airflow...
I wish they just sold the deck or I hope it gets cloned soon so I can buy more for the decks and then use other topcaps on them...

brassic

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

hahaha its not funny but all i can do is laugh because i know that pain and it just is the only thing I can do other then cry at the thought of the pain that would of been.

Also I will try that pulling thing to get it nice and tight, I also need to get used to wrapping the claptons and get them nice and tight or tighter then I got. Fricken titanium is a bitch to wrap and probably just too new to this to do it perfectly my first time as much as I wish I could lol.

Ah, the builders life...

Hahaha isn't it though. Swearing and bleeding for the flavor clouds.

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy shit thats pretty low! You have that on a mech i take it

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was thinking about trying this on the Tesla parallel mech I have.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What mod/batteries are you using for this?
Holy shit thats pretty low! You have that on a mech i take it

Its on the Cuboid...or the Snow Wolf, or the Laisimo, or the Hohm Wrecker G2 or the Xcube2...
It only clocks in at .12 guys, its not that low...
20160226_202718(0).jpg
The only 2 mods that I wouldnt use it on or it wont fire on are the NC and the Balrog...the rest can fire down to either .05, .08, or .007 :)
The Cuboid's 25A limit only shells out 75w but it still works okay

This is what I get with Wire Builder...
eb72b36e4bf2a2a203a87f3a130bf4c1.png\

Last edited:

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Weird. Steam Engine puts it at 0.15Ω per coil with a 2mm leg length.

VU Sponsors