Become a Patron!

Post your builds

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I havent done a Staggerd in a while...I may try a my of what Endetour posted with my Framed Fused Clapton and see what its like.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I like stagered builds but now thst i hsve a decwent one, i feel like its stsrting to get tovdiminishing returns. Like an alien. They look pretty, but it vspes just like a fused clapton and just srent worth the pain in the ass that is making them

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They look pretty, but it vspes just like a fused clapton and just srent worth the pain in the ass that is making them
I have to disagree. Aliens offer a huge difference in both flavor and vapor production than a fused Clapton does. FCs used to be my "go to" build before I became fairly adept at making aliens. I'll still use FCs on occasion when I need something quick, but the only build that beats an alien is a staple coil and it's variants.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have to disagree. Aliens offer ahuge difference in both flavor and vapor production than a fused Clapton does. FCs used to be my "go to" build before I became fairly adept at making aliens. I'll still use FCs on occasion when I need something quick, but the only build that beats an alien is a staple coil and it's variants.
How so tho? All it is is a mukti core clapton where the wrap has a wavyness to it. Ive had a legit alien build (friend of mine gave me a 26x3 38g alien staged with twisted 26) it was a very nice vape, but at the same time ive made fused claptons thst hit just as well or better even. I just dont notice any difrence when i vape them vs a fused clapton

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How so tho? All it is is a mukti core clapton where the wrap has a wavyness to it. Ive had a legit alien build (friend of mine gave me a 26x3 38g alien staged with twisted 26) it was a very nice vape, but at the same time ive made fused claptons thst hit just as well or better even. I just dont notice any difrence when i vape them vs a fused clapton
See, the staging was the issue. A dual alien setup will yeild a better vape than a single staged alien. The key is surface area and wicking. The alien has superior wicking as far as fused claptons go with the curved wrap legthening the "channel", if you will, across the face of the coil

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just ordered 2 new pair of 25Rs and an eFest luk charger. Hopefully the new charger can last as long as my current NiteCore!

Matt

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My stagered skills are improving me thinks.
View attachment 42296
Also my buddy picked up his build, hes in love with it.
If you can spare the wire I get my best results by running 2 Clapton wires parallel to one another while claptoning. When all is said and done, remove one of the wires by running your drill reverse the initial direction. Every gap should end up identical. You can Clapton the wire without a swivel but I highly recommend using one while removing the wire.

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See, the staging was the issue. A dual alien setup will yeild a better vape than a single staged alien. The key is surface area and wicking. The alien has superior wicking as far as fused claptons go with the curved wrap legthening the "channel", if you will, across the face of the coil

I think Kent hills video on aliens says it all, a properly wrapped alien wicks juice from one end of the coil to the other.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just ordered 2 new pair of 25Rs and an eFest luk charger. Hopefully the new charger can last as long as my current NiteCore!

Matt
I recently got the LUC6 charger and I am damn glad I got it, I paid $70 and it came with 8 25R's...should of waited a week....the LUC6 is now $20...

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you can spare the wire I get my best results by running 2 Clapton wires parallel to one another while claptoning. When all is said and done, remove one of the wires by running your drill reverse the initial direction. Every gap should end up identical. You can Clapton the wire without a swivel but I highly recommend using one while removing the wire.

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-
I made a small loop to do the spacing. It's the final wrap that I still need practice on

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I'll have to take your guys words for it for now. I've made a meh alien and it just didn't do anything for me and it's a giant pain in the cock to make. Right now I'm gunna focus on staples and framing for right now. Many when I get a fuck ton of wire I'll start playing with them again.

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was gonna buy the luc blu6 from ecig for 23 but it was almost 15 for shipping and im a cheap bastard

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yep yep gotta love Liion man. A little pricey for shipping this time but whatever. I'll pick up some HB6's in a week or two for the noisy cricket when I wanna Chuck clouds at the wall

Matt

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll pick up some HB6's in a week or two for the noisy cricket when I wanna Chuck clouds at the wall
Get the Sony VCT4s. I bought 10 HB6s for the same reason (Noisy Cricket and other mechs) and the 1500mAh rating is quite limited. I wish I had gotten the VCT4s instead. That's what I'll get next time.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Get the Sony VCT4s. I bought 10 HB6s for the same reason (Noisy Cricket and other mechs) and the 1500mAh rating is quite limited. I wish I had gotten the VCT4s instead. That's what I'll get next time.
Interesting. I'm hesitant to buy VTC4s even from Liion though I have every belief that Liion sells the authentic ones, I had one arc on me in my NiteCore .... Ah whatever it's been so long. I'll definitely grab some in a week or so. Thanks

Matt

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting. I'm hesitant to buy VTC4s even from Liion though I have every belief that Liion sells the authentic ones, I had one arc on me in my NiteCore .... Ah whatever it's been so long. I'll definitely grab some in a week or so. Thanks

Matt
I bought VTC5's from them and they have been great.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
c6799d6f5de3fcc436d2908b58b6563b.jpg
72b2b288fcc0a13270281d64a5a6a139.jpg

The staggered framed staple is a bit unique:
Staggered 26n80
4x.5kA1
Staggered 28kA1
Staggered and fused with 36n80
The Clapton is spaced between every two staggered spaces
Then staged with a staple fused Clapton:
7x.5kA1
Warmer than the last build but I'm thinking I'm gonna take those two outer staple fused wraps off and see how it performs

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want to know everyone's favorite flavor build...all you flavor junkies come out of the woodwork...

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
c6799d6f5de3fcc436d2908b58b6563b.jpg
72b2b288fcc0a13270281d64a5a6a139.jpg

The staggered framed staple is a bit unique:
Staggered 26n80
4x.5kA1
Staggered 28kA1
Staggered and fused with 36n80
The Clapton is spaced between every two staggered spaces
Then staged with a staple fused Clapton:
7x.5kA1
Warmer than the last build but I'm thinking I'm gonna take those two outer staple fused wraps off and see how it performs

You sir just might be a god! Beautiful freaking build!

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I want to know everyone's favorite flavor build...all you flavor junkies come out of the woodwork...

Alien Framed Staple
  • 8x0.5mm KA1 Ribbon Cores
  • 2x26g KA1 Frames
  • 38g N80 Alien Binding

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You sir just might be a god! Beautiful freaking build!

sent from a dumb operated smartphone
Too kind... You're too kind good sir.

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alien Framed Staple
  • 8x0.5mm KA1 Ribbon Cores
  • 2x26g KA1 Frames
  • 38g N80 Alien Binding

Damn near out of ribbon wire...but I'm gonna have to try that. How do you think that'll perform on a tube mech?

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn near out of ribbon wire...but I'm gonna have to try that. How do you think that'll perform on a tube mech?
I dunno, dude - It's pretty low ohm. At 4.5 wraps you're pushing 32 amps on a single coil build.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I dunno, dude - It's pretty low ohm. At 4.5 wraps you're pushing 32 amps on a single coil build.
With 8 x .5 Ribbon, 26K and 40N80 Clapton Wrap (Not Alien) its .12 Ohm Single Coil for me...Its almost the same build I did a few posts ago..

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
With 8 x .5 Ribbon, 26K and 40N80 Clapton Wrap (Not Alien) its .12 Ohm Single Coil for me...Its almost the same build I did a few posts ago..
See... wanting to order ribbon wire then I realize I need that darn Mech mod.. Grr.

Matt

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'll second chef alien framed staple
5x.5k ribbon
26gk frame
36 or 38g wrap.
Duals are .09-.1 with a 2.5 mm ID.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
See... wanting to order ribbon wire then I realize I need that darn Mech mod.. Grr.

Matt
Or...A Snow Wolf, Laisimo L1, X Cube 2, Hohm Wrecker, DAN200, or other Devices that can fire atleast .07 and up...

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Or...A Snow Wolf, Laisimo L1, X Cube 2, Hohm Wrecker, DAN200, or other Devices that can fire atleast .07 and up...
Hmm but a Mech mod is jus that... It could fire lower if it had to.. I suppose it's just raw battery power and I could regulate a build that low with said devices.

I've never even researched the DNA200 chipset or devices. I gather they fire 200 watts real power not pwm. And I see they can fire low... Very low... Safely.

I would have picked up a HOG the other day when chief brought it up but there's no way I could put 4 batteries in it. That would be all I typically have charged! But price is good on it..

Matt

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm but a Mech mod is jus that... It could fire lower if it had to.. I suppose it's just raw battery power and I could regulate a build that low with said devices.

I've never even researched the DNA200 chipset or devices. I gather they fire 200 watts real power not pwm. And I see they can fire low... Very low... Safely.

I would have picked up a HOG the other day when chief brought it up but there's no way I could put 4 batteries in it. That would be all I typically have charged! But price is good on it..

Matt
You'll probably never even want to fire at .07 or below, that's around a 70amp draw, and chances are it would be a very hot vape and you box would heat up very fast. Even with dual vtc4's I try to keep the lowest builds at .09

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You'll probably never even want to fire at .07 or below, that's around a 70amp draw, and chances are it would be a very hot vape and you box would heat up very fast. Even with dual vtc4's I try to keep the lowest builds at .09

True. I will begin looking at some regulated devices.

Matt

Any regulated devices besides the Laisimo that fires .05 and is a DNA chip??

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I made my own Wallpaper for the Laisimo...their Updater and installer SUCKS ASS and it kept bricking it repeatedly so I stopped using it. With a few tweaks in HxD and VS I got it so I could atleast put a damn wallpaper on it. I cannot believe they released software that will brick your device that quickly even when everything is followed to a "T". I can see alot of hateful people posting some content on there social pages, but I havent checked myself...I feel embarrassed for them..We are talking about errors that could of been pointed out by grad students...

Anyway..here's the Fruit of my Labors..
20160228_223025.jpg 20160228_223008.jpg

Last edited:

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm glad you came back and corrected that, i figured from a little research a while back they were USA based but wasn't going to argue with someone like yourself over it lol.

Nothing in vapeland is worth arguing over haha. Whatever the reason, the quality on the new one is much better. Maybe the fact that they don't speak english just made em easier to deal with haha, who knows :D

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing in vapeland is worth arguing over haha. Whatever the reason, the quality on the new one is much better. Maybe the fact that they don't speak english just made em easier to deal with haha, who knows :D
Exactly lol, if you have some time could you post some deck/ barrel shots of it? I'm a bit torn on it the more I see it. One question, is it shorter than the original?

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unless I drop a couple ribbon wires?
Yes, but then you sacrifice a bit on the flavor. The question was what everyone's favorite flavor build is. But yes, if you drop a couple of ribbons, it will raise the resistance (and lower the necessary amperage) to a more manageable level.

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, but then you sacrifice a bit on the flavor. The question was what everyone's favorite flavor build is. But yes, if you drop a couple of ribbons, it will raise the resistance (and lower the necessary amperage) to a more manageable level.
I'll build it your way and try it on my girls fuchai if it doesn't work out on my stingray-x.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's just to make the Griffin more like another RTA - "Keeping up with the Joneses" so to speak. I can't remember which RTA they're trying to keep up with, though. :mad::(

I personally have no need for it whatsoever.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Exactly lol, if you have some time could you post some deck/ barrel shots of it? I'm a bit torn on it the more I see it. One question, is it shorter than the original?

Sure thing. There was a side by side shot in that last post, its quite a bit shorter. Let me see if i can dig the original outta my bag, i can take another

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's just to make the Griffin more like another RTA - "Keeping up with the Joneses" so to speak. I can't remember which RTA they're trying to keep up with, though. :mad::(

I personally have no need for it whatsoever.
Pretty sure you are thinking of the Gemini from Vaporesso.

From everything I've ever tried, adding top airflow only kills flavour, so if you're into that sorta thing go nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never had a top airflow device, so i didnt know if its a thing worth exploring and although I did order the gemini i wont see it for a couple weeks still

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Exactly lol, if you have some time could you post some deck/ barrel shots of it?
Here's a little side~by side, i'll try and remember to snap a few next time i drop a new build in there :D All the parts between the v1-v2 are interchangeable as well. The mouthpiece, airflow, and decks are all compatible with each other. So you could still use the old deck with the new cap, or just screw the new mouthpiece on to the old atty, or use a colored airflow ring from the v1 on the v2 etc.
7547c000107664d579b53c889e914698.jpg

d45d5a9dbcfdbf294f4a43a4cee9cea6.jpg

ebe493fcf4903a051d64fd9057ec77d7.jpg

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
::Series build::
Polished 32/34 Aliens w/26g in parallel. Ridiculous surface area and incredible flavor/vapor stuff. Dual coil is .33Ω for an 8/7 wrap. Nichrome cores for the aliens, the rest is kanthal. The 34G is outstanding for polished builds, it holds up great to the process. I wasn't sure about the 32g cores but it all worked out alright.
d96b665b9d475a938ef06fb3e7dbf51f.jpg

579075314c5531c1267f72832151f155.jpg

ab3f30b52b61db4dd74b6d0f10303f56.jpg

51cf12e573f3c7306135c7f52d7b5bd1.jpg

1a428c610ae0d0913c6ce90b65b0495b.jpg

Lil' performance clip:

VU Sponsors