Become a Patron!

Post your builds

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Atomizer Wick is about to start selling stainless in every gauge from 22-44g. I've got some and it makes for some gorgeous coils. Haven't used it for a full temp control build yet, but i've been using the 42g as outer wire and i've been really happy with the results

Is that an eBay seller? I need to hop on there and keep an eye out for when they start selling that. I have been wanting some wrap wire for making full TC SS builds. I have just been wrapping in 40 kanthal D and doing TC. I want to see if there is a big difference with using SS to wrap as well.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I notice things get hot at lower power on the g2. 70 watts is like 90 on my lavabox.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
I think its either pumping out more power then it says (under rated) or its reading the real wattage and all my other mods are over rated...Its almost 50w stranger on ANY setting then anything I put up to it..

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think its either pumping out more power then it says (under rated) or its reading the real wattage and all my other mods are over rated...Its almost 50w stranger on ANY setting then anything I put up to it..
I guess that had to go to them talking about it being more efficient so batteries last longer. Utilizes the batteries more efficiently using true power therefore letting you useless power and making your batteries last longer. I do find my batteries squeaking out 3 days and not just 1.5 or 2.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I guess that had to go to them talking about it being more efficient so batteries last longer. Utilizes the batteries more efficiently using true power therefore letting you useless power and making your batteries last longer. I do find my batteries squeaking out 3 days and not just 1.5 or 2.

I get about 3 hours of often vaping around 110w...even on TC it lasts pretty damn long

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Some coils I threw together today for @ej1024 for a trade...
2x24/40 Full N80 FC's for his Griffin (3mm ID) and Mu-Tank (2.5mm ID)
20160301_133250.jpg

These are for his Serpent RTA:
(2) 3 x.5/36N80 Staples (2.5mm & a 3mm ID) (Horizontally Laid Ribbon)
20160301_133222.jpg

4 x .5/24N80/40N80 Framed Staple (3mm ID)
20160301_133126.jpg

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I want to tie together a few builds, make a "hybrid" for lack of a better term. I was thinking of starting with a multi-core framed staggered with double spaced Clapton like yesterday's build with a few differences.

(1x32kA1 & 1x36n80 twisted) x3 reverse twisted into a cable, then triple helixed in 36n80 for the core.
28kA1 frame staggered in 36n80
36n80 alien Clapton double spaced between the staggered frame...leaving every other gap left open.
Im going to need roughly 8"-9" of this build...to cut in half
Next, sandwich 3x.5kA1 between the two portion of wire.
Then Clapton all of it together using the remaining staggered gaps.
I haven't worked out whether I want to Clapton it in 36n80, twisted 40n80, or a 36n80 40n80 Exo alien.
Probably 2.5 wraps..maybe 3.5
And 4mm i.d.
I think it would look and vape fantastic but maybe I'm way off base

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tie together a few builds? You mean every build? Anyways, sounds awesome, and GL!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I want to tie together a few builds, make a "hybrid" for lack of a better term. I was thinking of starting with a multi-core framed staggered with double spaced Clapton like yesterday's build with a few differences.

(1x32kA1 & 1x36n80 twisted) x3 reverse twisted into a cable, then triple helixed in 36n80 for the core.
28kA1 frame staggered in 36n80
36n80 alien Clapton double spaced between the staggered frame...leaving every other gap left open.
Im going to need roughly 8"-9" of this build...to cut in half
Next, sandwich 3x.5kA1 between the two portion of wire.
Then Clapton all of it together using the remaining staggered gaps.
I haven't worked out whether I want to Clapton it in 36n80, twisted 40n80, or a 36n80 40n80 Exo alien.
Probably 2.5 wraps..maybe 3.5
And 4mm i.d.
I think it would look and vape fantastic but maybe I'm way off base

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-
Hybrid like these?
f9dbc440b4351e2d42a9b284acb40c3d.png
f628d55d452eec75e0310c4054a34c06.png

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Wanted to post the Setup Im using for that Framed Staple I did, I had it on the Laisimo but I noticed I could crank it up to 200w and it still be a tad lower then where I want it for warmth. I tossed it onto the Hohm Wrecker and at 125w its hotter then the Laisimo at 200w...something is up there..Im using the Twisted Messes Mini Double Vision Top Cap...
View attachment 42446 View attachment 42448
View attachment 42447

This is for @Dawn0810 :
View attachment 42445

The Exodus Box Mod and the Twisted Messes V2 will be here Wednesday...any Ideas for a CRAZY build for that setup?
Awesome this is crazy I just came here to check things out and I saw my name lol someone just made me buy an aeronaut because of the build they put in there's so I got my little vape cave bigger and badder so I'm ready to play again;) I have wire coming out of my ears and couldn't get to it for the longest time
bb45dcf97fc00cee945674fcc590053c.jpg

You can see a little bit of my OCD in the background but that's ok

Sent from the iPad in the basement of vapement

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hybrid like these?
f9dbc440b4351e2d42a9b284acb40c3d.png
f628d55d452eec75e0310c4054a34c06.png
Sexy... Truly sexy.
But I'm talking about all I mentioned in one wire. Two cable cored staggered alien wires sandwiching a few ribbon wires and then fused together.
No separate staging...one wide thin coil with 2-3 wraps should have no ramp, the cable, alien, ribbon and claptons should wick quite well, and the staggered aspect should vent quite well...that's the theory...

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Literally no idea how Guatch puts together those coils it blows my mind.

Matt

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Matt
I do, Ill give you a tut when I have time to draw it up, I am going to start doing those hybrid builds...just dont have ribbon for nicer versions..

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I need a macro lense, but got my Mini Volt today, Threw some 28g Fused claptons in my Avocado to put on it, very impressed with the results. They were pretty screwed up claptons but they still end up with great results.

Think I want to drop to 30g or something ideally for when my Diablo gets here, but such a nice vape on such a small device. The whole size of tank + mod is less than just my other mods.

Once I get a solid tank on this thing I'm going to love this little mod, easy to pocket and MMMM.

Still prefer my high powered options but for on the go, this thing is just spectacular.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RFQ3EV3.jpg

Xcube/Griffin and Mini Volt/Avocado
Makes me want to get one again just to have the tiny mod. Haha I could actually find a use for my aromamizer again!

I was leaning toward getting one back in January but passed.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's quite solid. Life is not great, but for an "on the go" mod, well I doubt you get much better. At $30 on eBay, it was a non question. The only reason I held off is wanting to get a mod to fit it, the Diablo is my goal, once I got that I'll be happy.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Matt
Okay so I drew up some plans for the Coil I want to make. The outer most wraps will be 4 Claptons side by side, then the next set of wraps going in will be 2 Fused Claptons side by side, then a 4 core fused Clapton for the center wrap.
I measurewd out a wrap for 3mm ID and each wrap is just about 1 inch, so each segment needs to be an inch long. If you dont mind swapping back and forth from Swivel side to chuck and vice versa it doesnt matter how or where you start. The wires you not using can be bent back and taped down, this can be fixed after you move to the next segment.
I hope this makes sense....I hope others here try some of these types of builds out!

Use a ruler and mark every inch out (for 3mm ID) and then draw them completely across the page. Now draw how many strangs of wire you going to have going perpendicular against the inch marked lines. Mark how many wraps you are using like I did and what segments mean what. They should mirror each other or be all different, or one side is different then the other...
When you get to the next segment pull the outer wrap as tight as you can and clip it as closley as you can, then push that last bit into the center or leave it be. It can be frustrating but I got one single coil there but fucked it up while fitting it on my Double Vision rda, if you pull the coil out and stretch it tight the pieces on the back of the coil will face forward and it wont look as nice, you want to hide the outer wrap ends and wire segment bridging. Be cautious of pulling tight!!
Mapped Out Crazy Fused clapton Hybrid Coil:
20160301_220001.jpg

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's quite solid. Life is not great, but for an "on the go" mod, well I doubt you get much better. At $30 on eBay, it was a non question. The only reason I held off is wanting to get a mod to fit it, the Diablo is my goal, once I got that I'll be happy.
I'm glad I held out since they came out wroth the red one. That is the one I would snag up. Just got the g2 though so gonna have to wait before I can add to the collection. Also just ordered a geekvape tsunami clone. Gotta wait for that now.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I couldnt really use it, it wouldnt give me the vape Im looking for, no matter what build I put in it..The Cuboid isnt much bigger and I atleast get 85w with most of my builds with it and the Balrog does atleast 70w and is the size of the Istick20w....

Exodus and TM Squared on Thursday BITCHES!?!?!?!? YAY!!! :cool::):D

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hear ya Raymo, but sometimes I want to vape in situations where I "can't vape" because my normal builds would simply be inappropriate. Having a little thing blowing little clouds that are satisfying enough would be great. That's why I'm all over it. Something I can bring to a bar, something I can bring to a party, something I can take a quick vape on without causing an issue.

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay so I drew up some plans for the Coil I want to make. The outer most wraps will be 4 Claptons side by side, then the next set of wraps going in will be 2 Fused Claptons side by side, then a 4 core fused Clapton for the center wrap.
I measurewd out a wrap for 3mm ID and each wrap is just about 1 inch, so each segment needs to be an inch long. If you dont mind swapping back and forth from Swivel side to chuck and vice versa it doesnt matter how or where you start. The wires you not using can be bent back and taped down, this can be fixed after you move to the next segment.
I hope this makes sense....I hope others here try some of these types of builds out!

Use a ruler and mark every inch out (for 3mm ID) and then draw them completely across the page. Now draw how many strangs of wire you going to have going perpendicular against the inch marked lines. Mark how many wraps you are using like I did and what segments mean what. They should mirror each other or be all different, or one side is different then the other...
When you get to the next segment pull the outer wrap as tight as you can and clip it as closley as you can, then push that last bit into the center or leave it be. It can be frustrating but I got one single coil there but fucked it up while fitting it on my Double Vision rda, if you pull the coil out and stretch it tight the pieces on the back of the coil will face forward and it wont look as nice, you want to hide the outer wrap ends and wire segment bridging. Be cautious of pulling tight!!
Mapped Out Crazy Fused clapton Hybrid Coil:
View attachment 42551
So they Clapton wires are heated entirely by the core wires or do you pull one of your wizard moves and incorporate the wire from the last potion to the next?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So they Clapton wires are heated entirely by the core wires or do you pull one of your wizard moves and incorporate the wire from the last potion to the next?

The Core heats up the outer wire like on normal builds. The outer wrap is too high of resistance for the amount of voltage we are using to do anything to it heating wise. The outer wrap depending on wire length is 15.-30. Ohms and would need somewhere in the 20v range to start heating it all. Its only for wicking purposes and the "heatsink effect".
You clip the outer wrap and then either bend it towards the center and cover it up with the next section of outer wrap or cut it and pressure it down to the wire its left on so it disappears. I will post my next try tomorrow and I now know better then to try and get it as tight as possible when mounting them.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Is that an eBay seller? I need to hop on there and keep an eye out for when they start selling that. I have been wanting some wrap wire for making full TC SS builds. I have just been wrapping in 40 kanthal D and doing TC. I want to see if there is a big difference with using SS to wrap as well.
https://atomizerwick.com/products/317l-ss-low-res-wire
The high gauge stainless isn't up yet, but it should be available any day now

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Guess who is collaborating with a RTA company for a RTA?? How do these features sound?
My specs are for a 25mm wide RTA (roughly the size of the VCMT in height)
Will hold 5-7ml's of Juice (depending on how Chamber is done)
20mm 2 post build deck
Juice ports that drain downwards towards wicking (every drop gets used)
Griffin style top fill openings, Top unscrews in 3-4 turns
Real Juice control
6mm chimney ID with domed chamber top
Some knurling On every band/level
Tank can be removed filled with Juice
Swapable posts style options
Delrin Concave drip tip and a SS 510 DT adapter
Airflow Rings may be swapable for different varieties of intake
Airflow will be Cyclonic openings 2mm x 10mm
Air travels in and hits the coils at a 45 degree angle then straight to you mouth.
Adjustable 510 Pin
Colors will be Black, SS, RED/SS
Positive and Negative Posts will have swappable options and Airflow will also have options you can choose yourself.

Last edited:

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guess who is collaborating with a RTA company for a RTA?? How doe these features sound?
My specs are for a 25mm wide RTA (roughly the size of the VCMT in hieght)
20-22mm 2 post build deck
Griffin style Topfill but Top unscrews in 3-4 turns
6mm wide Chimney
Tank can be removed with Juice for deck tweaks
Swapable posts like the Fatboy 46mm RDA
Delrin Concave drip tip and a Threaded SS 510 DT adapter
Air travels in and hits the coils at a 45 degree angle then straight to you mouth.
Adjustable 510 Pin
Knurling! Knurling everywhere! Other than that, ill take one when theyre ready

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guess who is collaborating with a RTA company for a RTA?? How doe these features sound?
6mm wide Chimney
Adjustable 510 Pin

Where do I sign up to beta test this tank?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Knurling! Knurling everywhere! Other than that, ill take one when theyre ready

I want knurling on the top the unscrews, the afc but limited to 2 round sections on the ring and then knurling on the base. I have to draw up some rough sketches today and get a statistic on what people think of it and what changes need to be made and the moving on to CAD.

Where do I sign up to beta test this tank?
When its at the prototype stage Augvape or I will post a awareness thread about and like their other RTA's sample will be sent to those that will do in depth reviews on it. They are still revising the Alleria and the Boreas RTAs so samples will be sent to those choosen on the latest revisions.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
6mm wide Chimney
Adjustable 510 Pin

I want this now and will help to field test!

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
20mm 2 post build deck
Real Juice control
Adjustable 510 Pin

I want this yesterday....

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@raymo2u what did you think of the alleria? I just looked at some reviews on it and i like some of the design concepts but there can always be improvements. Is that the direction you're going in?

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want knurling on the top the unscrews, the afc but limited to 2 round sections on the ring and then knurling on the base. I have to draw up some rough sketches today and get a statistic on what people think of it and what changes need to be made and the moving on to CAD.

When its at the prototype stage Augvape or I will post a awareness thread about and like their other RTA's sample will be sent to those that will do in depth reviews on it. They are still revising the Alleria and the Boreas RTAs so samples will be sent to those choosen on the latest revisions.
Let me at it! I came back to the thread, read this description again and it makes me want it all the more. All the space, dome top, air flow design, and quantity of juice! This would be great for me worth my drive. I won't have to keep refilling while driving.

To have a tank with all these features would be a pinnacle piece and probably would be replacing my Griffin as my daily driver.

If you could man, hit me up when beta group is developed and I will help anyway I can with making this thing as awesome as it sounds like it will be.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@raymo2u what did you think of the alleria? I just looked at some reviews on it and i like some of the design concepts but there can always be improvements. Is that the direction you're going in?

I do really like that glass chimney! Be fun to show off builds and be able to keep an eye on wicks.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
20mm 2 post build deck
Real Juice control
Adjustable 510 Pin
My only input: send me a beta tester? Lmao

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
For those interested in the Raymo RTA Project the link is HERE

I got something in today and its more magical then I could of hoped for...It hits hard, its got some weight, its beautiful, and its simple to take apart and clean and reassemble. theres less then 10 parts on this thing, including all the screws....
Serial #99/1000
20160302_113000.jpg 20160302_113245.jpg 20160302_113300.jpg

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
20160302_194517.jpg

I freakin love this velocity. So much room. 24 36 fused clapton staged with 2 strands flat robon twisted and wraped in 34. 6 wraps dual at .12 ohms.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
For those interested in the Raymo RTA Project the link is HERE

I got something in today and its more magical then I could of hoped for...It hits hard, its got some weight, its beautiful, and its simple to take apart and clean and reassemble. theres less then 10 parts on this thing, including all the screws....
Serial #99/1000
View attachment 42596 View attachment 42597 View attachment 42598
That mod is freakin sweet. Thanks for showing me something else i wanna spend money on....

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That mod is freakin sweet. Thanks for showing me something else i wanna spend money on....
If your serious about getting one then you better hurry up and preorder before the 15th or you wont get the chance to get one. They are limited to 1000 and the first 500 peeorder was out of stock in 3 days, the batch for the 15th is the last 500 they are producing...

I was going to buy the Fourth Horsemen Customs Magnum Mod also but they are out of production already..The CMI Point Blank lite may be your only option for something similar after the 15th...

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would get one, but i just dont have that kind of cash to drop on a mod

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice upgrade! I gotta get a new drill, I'm tired of messing with a stupid Chuck key. Corded is the way to go though, no dying halfway through.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk
I have my older screw gun I use for coils. The batteries just barely make it off the charher and then able to wrap 12" of claptons... granted, I do twist my core wires straight before wrapping. That is getting super old. About to find my corded drill moving forward. Just like how quiet my cordless drills are.

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have my older screw gun I use for coils. The batteries just barely make it off the charher and then able to wrap 12" of claptons... granted, I do twist my core wires straight before wrapping. That is getting super old. About to find my corded drill moving forward. Just like how quiet my cordless drills are.

That dewalt is actually quieter than my cordless

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I messed with that for a little when I first started, now I just deal with my insanely loud craftsman and getting things done twice as fast

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I messed with that for a little when I first started, now I just deal with my insanely loud craftsman and getting things done twice as fast

I have a small craftsman drill in the garage. That thing is fast but damn it is loud! I can see me in the basement below the bedrooms running wraps with it and then hearing the wife stomping across the house to the basement door and then yelling down at me. Haha might have to try that after the baby is a bit older... like this weekend!

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only thing i dont like about it compared to my cordless is that the cordless pretty much stops when i release the trigger. Other than that, the response is smooth all the way through the trigger pull so i can advance my speed steadily. 30 sec for 18" of perfect 28/33 clapton

VU Sponsors